CCH and IHS

Posted By: JMB

CCH and IHS - 01/15/02 04:20 PM

We've used the regulatory disks from IHS for quite some time. Now that CCH has purchased IHS, we receive the CCH version. Unfortunately, we do not find the CCH version to be at all user friendly. Does anyone have another good resource that they are using?
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: CCH and IHS - 01/15/02 09:32 PM

I'm with you on the new CCH, but before I discuss it too much further, I want to go thru some training to see if I am just missing the easy way to get around it.

I believe the FRRS has a CD copy but that wouldn't be as broad as this. Compliance Internation, which had a good product the last time I reviewed it, was also bought by CCH. I'm not sure if their product has changed, or if it will? Sheshunoff also has a product. I believe theirs also has audit sheets or their proprietary materials on it. I liked Compliance Int'l because of teh hi-liting and notes capabilities and I like CCH for the ABA magazine content. Sometimes I just wish I still had the old CompQuest product.

------------------
Andy Zavoina
Opinions stated are not necessarily that of my employer.

Posted By: David Dickinson

Re: CCH and IHS - 01/15/02 10:51 PM

We use Compliance International's Books On Screen (BOS) that Andy spoke of. He is right that CCH bought them out last summer. At this time they are still servicing the BOS product. The last letter I got from them (9/25) indicated they are contemplating combining it with the other CCH product but it wasn't final. You may wish to contact Ken Greene at 973-808-0955 for more info.