Slammer Worm

Posted By: Anonymous

Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 04:18 PM

FDIC's Web site is down. Do you think they got bit by the Slammer worm?
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 04:36 PM

The last virus that made it through the filters to my machine came from the FDIC. It wouldn't surprise me!
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 05:41 PM

I heard they have been down since Saturday - they got hit.
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 06:41 PM

They are up now. Or at least I'm able to access. I double checked to make sure it's not a cached version.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 06:51 PM

I also was able to access the site.

They have a "Letter to Stakeholders" posted. Was this suppose to be "Letter to Stockholders" or is Stakeholders the correct term? If so, what is a "Stakeholder" (other than Buffy the Vampire Slayer)? I've not seen this term before.
Posted By: SkyDiver

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 07:08 PM

It is misspelled. Should've been steak holder. It was their take out order for their IT folks working on the problem.
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 07:21 PM

FDIC does not have stock, so they don't have stockholders. A stakeholder is anyone who has a stake in the organization, its activites, and its future direction. In the FDIC's case, stakeholders would include both the general banking public and financial institutions.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/28/03 07:24 PM

Thanks Jim, I never paid attention to the term before. Guess you learn something new everyday.
Posted By: Deepa C

Re: Slammer Worm - 01/29/03 06:17 AM

Proposed BIS II talk about enhanced corporate governance to benefit "stakeholders".