2008 Compliance Institute

Posted By: Kwiltr

2008 Compliance Institute - 01/11/08 05:56 PM

Is anybody out there on the committee? Can you let me know the dates for this year's Institute? Will we be in Midland again? Thanks!
Posted By: Bartman

Re: 2008 Compliance Institute - 01/14/08 02:28 PM

We're combining the Internal Bank Auditors Conference with the Bank Compliance Institute this year. We're still in Midland at the Ashman Court Hotel, and Lucy Griffin will return as moderator.

Tuesday May 13 will be an internal auditors day only; Wednesday May 14 will include topics of interest for internal auditors, compliance officers, and risk management officers; Thursday May 15, and the morning of Friday May 16 will be sessions designed for compliance officers.

As we get closer to a final presenter / presentation schedule, the MBA will mail out a registration form. You can do the whole thing; just the 2-day audit part; or the 2-1/2 day compliance part.

Hope to see you there!
Posted By: JoAnne

Re: 2008 Compliance Institute - 01/18/08 05:30 PM

Hi Bart,

Can you give me an approximate cost for this year's institute - I know everything isn't finalized yet, but we are going thru a training budget exercise and I want to make sure I get the budget dollars before everyone else!!!!!!

Thanks

Re: 2008 Compliance Institute - 01/18/08 05:31 PM

Hi Bart,

Can you give me an approximate cost for this year's institute - I know everything isn't finalized yet, but we are going thru a training budget exercise and I want to make sure I get the budget dollars before everyone else!!!!!!

Thanks

Re: 2008 Compliance Institute - 01/18/08 05:33 PM

Oops - my computer is possessed today - didn't mean to post the same thing twice!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bartman

Re: 2008 Compliance Institute - 01/18/08 09:55 PM

The MBA published a cool budget calendar about a month ago - you can find it here:

http://www.mibankers.com/downloads/Education/2008/BudgetCalendar2008.pdf

This doesn't include the extra audit-only day on May 13, but I wouldn't expect the whole 3-1/2 day event to come in at over $1000. Tammy G. at the MBA can probably give you a specific figure by now. Hope that helps!

Re: 2008 Compliance Institute - 01/19/08 04:11 PM

Thanks.