Electronic only job applications

Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Electronic only job applications - 03/30/16 02:44 PM

Any of you gone paperless on the HR side and care to share pros/cons, hurdles, rewards?
Posted By: osucpa

Re: Electronic only job applications - 03/30/16 03:37 PM

Our FI has gone paperless. I does make the audit a little more challenging, since we need more help from the HR Department. Before they would pull the personnel files and we could sit in a room and perform test work.

Re: Electronic only job applications - 03/30/16 06:56 PM

Funny...I'm the auditor here and I was thinking the same thing. Some audits are easier, and some not-so-much.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Electronic only job applications - 03/30/16 07:36 PM

You mean scanning files or only receiving applications electronically?

Re: Electronic only job applications - 03/31/16 01:56 PM

Receiving all the applications.

I could go on for paragraphs with my thoughts...most of which aren't positive given who we are, but......

I have an e-mail into vendor management to make sure that the third party linked to our website has been vetted and I checked the website for the "You are now leaving...." speedbump.
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: Electronic only job applications - 03/31/16 02:09 PM

Unless you or your vendor also supports an application process for sight impaired people, I would be worried about EEOA problems. It might also have an impact on the demographics of your workforce.

Re: Electronic only job applications - 03/31/16 03:25 PM

Hadn't thought about the first (thanks!) and am worried about the second. We aren't even offering an area of the bank with access to our non-networked wireless so that an applicant can apply right then and there. Troubles me in our small communities that we can't even answer the question, "Do you have any open positions?" other than to give people in our lobby a web address.

Thanks for the thoughts.