MLA website

Posted By: BSAguy

MLA website - 01/09/20 05:45 PM

I am receiving calls from staff that the MLA site is not working again. It is telling them the password has expired but will not let them change it. Is anyone else having issues?
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: MLA website - 01/09/20 06:12 PM

Yep! We have this issue all the time. And when I've called to ask for assistance they offer no help at all. We've had to give the extra MLA disclosure several times because we can't determine if the borrower is covered or not.
Posted By: BSAguy

Re: MLA website - 01/09/20 08:41 PM

What are you referring to when you say you have to give the extra MLA disclosure because you can't determine if the borrower is covered or not?
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: MLA website - 01/09/20 09:11 PM

I'm guessing CompliantOkie is talking about the Covered Borrower Identification Statement......basically letting the borrower self-identify as covered or not covered under MLA.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: MLA website - 01/09/20 09:31 PM

Raitch is correct. We're providing the covered borrower statement when we cannot determine if the borrower is covered.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: MLA website - 01/09/20 09:57 PM

We do the same.
Posted By: VMack

Re: MLA website - 05/06/20 02:41 PM

We are having this issue at several of our locations. Has anyone ever determined a resolution to this issue besides giving the covered borrower statement?
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: MLA website - 05/18/20 03:43 PM

Whoa! The Covered Borrower Statement is meaningless and affords the bank no safe harbor. If you want the protections you have only 2 choices, verification from the MLA site, or from a credit report. Otherwise make all the disclosures or take the risks.

The reason the statements were dropped is the DoD found the servicemembers lied because they thought they could be denied or get higher rates and fees if they were in the military.