HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers

Posted By: Need2know

HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers - 01/22/20 10:02 PM

Where can I find a sample "combo" SCRA / HUD notice?

Is there a separate template or model form with content requirements for a "combined" SCRA/HUD Counseling Notice to delinquent borrowers whom we know are in the military?

I was able to find the latest SCRA Notice that expires in 2021 and the Regulation provides "content" requirements for the HUD Notice but, wanting to confirm if there is a template for the "combo" document?

If not, are we required to "add" the contents of the HUD Notice to the SCRA Notice?
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers - 01/23/20 01:58 PM

These are two totally separate notice requirements. I am not aware of any combined model or template. The SCRA Notice is an OMB approved form and the modification of such forms usually are not allowed. I have never specifically researched the SCRA notice.
Posted By: Need2know

Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers - 01/23/20 02:38 PM

Ok, thank you. I am aware that the HUD Counseling Notice for delinquent borrowers and the SCRA are 2 completely different notices, I was just wanting to confirm if there was ever a combined model or template that lenders could use if we "know" the borrower is military.

Thank you so much for confirming!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers - 01/23/20 03:11 PM

How would you know? Every bank I know sends a combined notice to every delinquent borrower. Even if they were not in the military when the loan closed - that status can change at any time and you would never know.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers - 02/07/20 06:10 PM

^^^ Absolutely correct. Your delinquent borrower enlists and hopes a signing bonus or regular paycheck will help he and his family keep the house. You've no idea this person reported for duty yesterday.