Member FDIC

Posted By: Nick Grant

Member FDIC - 06/08/09 07:17 PM

In a radio ad is it required to state Member FDIC?
Posted By: sunnyflowers

Re: Member FDIC - 06/08/09 07:43 PM

My understanding is for TV or radio ads of 30 seconds or less, the FDIC membership statement is not required.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Member FDIC - 06/08/09 08:22 PM

You'll see the exclusion for short radio and TV ads in section 328.3(d) of the FDIC's regs on Advertisement of Membership.
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Member FDIC - 06/09/09 03:19 PM

Where is a good reference as to when FDIC is needed?

I think it should be with every ad that has our name in it, but others say, only when it has a deposit product.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Member FDIC - 06/11/09 06:54 PM

A good reference is when deposit products or banking products are referenced. This leaves out just a generic bank name stated somewhere.

...each insured depository institution shall include the official advertising statement prescribed in ยง328.3(b) in all advertisements that either promote deposit products and services or promote non-specific banking products and services offered by the institution.

But the FDIC opted to say when it wasn't necessary, meaning it is is otherwise, so focus on "d" for exclusions.

http://www.bankersonline.com/regs/328/328-3.html
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Member FDIC - 06/23/09 03:38 PM

Thanks Andy
Posted By: Inquisitor / Sommelier Omega

Re: Member FDIC - 06/23/09 05:12 PM

I am looking for the new $250M logo for an ad. Is is presently available? The FDIC site still has the temp limit.

On another note, any idea when they will update the handout?
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Member FDIC - 06/23/09 05:49 PM

I think you can order the new signs. Here is the link:

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/resources/signage/

Re: Member FDIC - 06/23/09 07:50 PM

Is there going to be a change in signage since the "temp" 250 got moved to a "perm" 250?
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: Member FDIC - 06/23/09 08:03 PM

It is not permanent. The sunset on the increased amount got pushed back to 12/31/2013. That may seem like a long time to some people, but four years goes by awfully fast for others.

Re: Member FDIC - 06/24/09 07:37 PM

At our present rate we will all be one big bank by then anyway! I guess nationalization of banking belongs in the cooler. Sorry.