Do Not Fax Consent Form

Posted By: Anonymous

Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 02:29 PM

Does anyone have a "Do Not Fax" consent form or know where I can find one? I have searched all over but have not been able to find any model language.

Thanks!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 03:44 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have a "Do Not Fax" consent form or know where I can find one? I have searched all over but have not been able to find any model language.

Thanks!

Private e-mail me and I'll be happy to provide you with a sample of the letter that we recently sent out.

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 04:00 PM

How do I private e-mail you? I went to your page but could not click on the private e-mail link. Do I have to be a registered user to do this?

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 04:17 PM

Just click on "upstate" and it will take you to a page with an option at the bottom to e-mail me.
Posted By: Some Days You Just Can't Win

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 05:37 PM

Yes, I believe you have to be a registered user for the e-mail icon to work at the bottom of the page that upstateNY is referring to.

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 05:58 PM

Here you go:
Branch Address Information here

Date

DearXXXXXXX:

In order to provide you by fax with valuable information concerning our products and services, such as current rates of interest (due to a change in regulatory policy issued by the Federal Trade Commission), you must agree to the following:

________________________________ gives us permission to fax us

information at fax number(s) ___________________________ __________________________.

___________________________ ___________________________
Signature Date

You may return this to me at the address above, in the enclosed self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Sincerely,

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 06:28 PM

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
Posted By: LoisLane

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 08:07 PM

Sending a fax to a company having more than one fax machine, will require one consent form for each fax number where the message will be sent.
Also,
If a company obtains a new fax number, a new consent form will be required.

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/14/05 08:56 PM

What if we put space for the customer to put all their fax numbers on one consent form?
Posted By: LoisLane

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/15/05 06:26 PM

Quote:

What if we put space for the customer to put all their fax numbers on one consent form?

IMO I believe this would be OK.

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/15/05 07:19 PM

I don't understand why this is needed? What's going on?

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/15/05 10:07 PM

do a google on do not fax and you'll see that starting 7/1/05, you'll need written permission to send an unsolicited fax, even to businesses with whom you have an existing business relationshiop. most bank's are just now coming to terms with the impact this may have on their banks.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/16/05 08:07 PM

As an update, I asked about this at the ABA compliance conference and was told that the bill is moving slowly for reasons unrelated to its content and that the FTC may provide an additional 6 month extension to allow more time.

We'll see.
Posted By: Angel Eyes

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/17/05 08:04 PM

This only applies to advertisements, correct? So if we are faxing the customer information about their account etc we would be OK, but if we are faxing a rate sheet then we need consent?

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/17/05 08:15 PM

I agree Jennifer.

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/18/05 02:06 AM

If a customer calls and requests for an application, brochure or rate sheet via fax, would consent be required? If so, how would you get the consent (I don't think we can fax the consent form)in order to fax it over in a timely manner?

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/20/05 05:39 PM

Yes, even though the customer requests the information. The definition of advertisement (in the reg its called unsolicited advertisement) includes any promotion for the sale of products or services. This is what is so crazy about the ebr exemption expiring.
Posted By: Comply

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/22/05 02:10 PM

Is it FTC or FCC related? I have heard both.
Posted By: Coming to Grips

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/22/05 02:54 PM

Another question related to this - I've interpreted the DNFax rules to say that we must maintain a comprehensive list of fax numbers that have been opted out (similar to the internal DNCall list). Is this interpretation correct?

FYI -- I've heard that the FCC is expected to extend the stay until January 1, 2006. Let's hope they make up their mind soon.

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/22/05 04:34 PM

Quote:

...I've interpreted the DNFax rules to say that we must maintain a comprehensive list of fax numbers that have been opted out (similar to the internal DNCall list). Is this interpretation correct?

I'm not aware of a requirement that a list be maintained - though it would seem practical.
And remember, it's NOT an opt-out, it's an opt-in.
Individual areas may want to maintain separate lists - a master list could serve as a marketing tool - an undesirable result for something meant to reduce junk faxes.
Posted By: Coming to Grips

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/23/05 04:19 PM

You're right. I was thinking along the lines of the Senate's suggestion for an opt-out vs. the current opt-in. I would really rather have the opt-out. That would keep everything in line with DN Call and CAN SPAM.
Posted By: BankerKB

Re: Do Not Fax Consent Form - 06/23/05 09:06 PM

Thats a good point. I agree with coming to grips that it would be a lot easier to opt out than to ask every single person whether it is okay for us to fax them...plus you would have to prove that you had an okay if someone later complained.