Obama Served the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group

Posted By: TheManofSteel

Obama Served the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:21 PM

http://www.jewishpress.com/print.do/3028...nian_Group.html

Democratic presidential frontrunner Sen. Barack Obama served as a paid director on the board of a nonprofit organization that granted funding to a controversial Arab group that mourns the establishment of Israel as a "catastrophe."

The co-founder of the Arab group, Columbia University professor Rashid Khalidi, is a harsh critic of Israel who reportedly worked on behalf of the Palestine Liberation Organization when it was labeled a terror group by the State Department.

Concerning Obama’s role in funding AAAN, Khalidi claimed he "never heard of the Woods Fund until it popped up on a bunch of blogs a few months ago." He terminated the interview when pressed further about his links with Obama.

Contacted by phone, Mona Khalidi refused to answer questions about AAAN’s involvement with Obama.

The Obama campaign did not reply to a list of questions sent by e-mail to the senator’s press office.

In addition to questions about his relationship with Khalidi, Obama may face increased scrutiny over his ties to William C. Ayers, a member of the Weather Underground terrorist group that sought to overthrow the U.S. government and took responsibility for a string of bombings in the early 1970’s.

Although charges against him were dropped in 1974 due to prosecutorial misconduct, Ayers told a newspaper reporter several years ago that he had no second thoughts about his violent past. "I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough," Ayers told The New York Times in an interview published, ironically, on Sept. 11, 2001.

In his memoir, Fugitive Days, Ayers wrote: "Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon" – though he continued with a disclaimer that he didn’t personally set the bombs but his group placed the explosives and planned the attack.

[i]Besides serving with Obama on the board of the Woods Fund, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama’s senatorial campaign fund and has served on panels with Obama at several public speaking engagements.[/i]
Posted By: Imagine

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:28 PM

Dude. If true, this does concern me. BUT, you're headline is 120% misleading. Obama DID NOT SERVE ON THE BOARD OF A PRO-PALESTINIAN GROUP.

He, as the first sentence states, served as a paird director on the board of a Nonprofit who granted funding. There is a HUGE difference.

Further, it does not state Obama voted to APPROVE the funding.

S-M-E-A-R.

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:37 PM

Fixed Neo. I removed the word "on" from the title of the thread.
Yup, I think you have some thinking to do. Mark Levin does not sound so crazy in pointing out the influence of Saul Linsky to some of these far left pols now, does he?!!

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:48 PM

Actually BlackDog, I'll worry about it IF it is shown Obama fought to get these folks money. The status of his votes is unknown at this time. All this article says is Obama served on the board of a non profit who gave money out to a bunch of groups. More information is needed.

Although, when I looked at some of the blogs reporting this story, they are selling Barack Hussein Obama t-shirts, so forgive me if I am skeptical.
Posted By: rainman

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:48 PM

Obama would do well to address this issue now, or it will become a bigger issue.

The Woods Fund looks benign enough (check out their webiste), but there are (for me) a number of questions raised by this.

Why would Obama serve on a board that includes an admitted domestic terrorist who participated in bombing US government buildings, and who appears to be proud of doing so? (a separate issue is why the University of Illinois at Chicago hired this guy???)

Why did the Woods Fund make the donation to the AAAN, and did the Woods Fund board know about the AAAN's "non-local" activities?

What's the nature of Obama's relationship with AAAN co-founder Rashid Khalidi? Note that he was a lecturer at the University of Chicago (which is a pretty conservative institution from what I know).

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:49 PM

Ahh, but you missed his affiliation with terrorist William Ayers, which is even more striking. See my modified post above, the last 3 or 4 paragraphs.

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:50 PM

Quote:
I'll worry about it IF it is shown Obama fought to get these folks money. The status of his votes is unknown at this time. All this article says is Obama served on the board of a non profit who gave money out to a bunch of groups.

I think it's bigger than that Neo. The presidency is all about judgment. Obama's judgment in being "near" to some of these people is potentially questionable.

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 06:51 PM

we'll see...
Posted By: Blessed

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 08:48 PM

Frank I got a question... Is America a dream?
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 09:38 PM

America is not a dream, but Frank lives in a dream state. If Obama shot and killed someone, and a picture with him holding the smoking gun, sytanding over the body, with blowback and gunpowder residue present, he still wouldn't belive it...I'm sure it was just photoshopped would be his answer.

People who have bought into the myth of Obama as the great change agent will never see the truth for what it is, not question anything said or done by him, and never wake up to reality.
Posted By: MaryRink

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 09:44 PM

Very well said!
Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 09:48 PM

People are hung up on the word "change." Obama is not some miracle worker who will fix all the world's problems. Maybe he won't even be that great of a president (for all the "Camelot" image surrounding JFK, he was a mediocre president in reality). But Obama does represent a "difference." Whether you favor him or not, you have to admit he will be a very different president than George Bush. I would have voted for John McCain in 2000. I would today if not for the war in Iraq. To me at this point though, John McCain is like George Bush (but with a brain and w/o the As$hole factor).

If you like the way things are in the country right now, you should vote for McCain. If you don't, yoju should vote for Obama.

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 09:50 PM

Quote:
Whether you favor him or not, you have to admit he will be a very different president than George Bush.

everyone running will be a very different President than George Bush...

that is some interesting logic you put there

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 09:53 PM

TICG, why not Hillary? Do you not think she would represent change?
Posted By: Sound Tactic

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 10:07 PM

Neo, as a director Barak had a legal and moral responsibility to set the tone from the top to prevent these type of things. Especially considering where the organizaiton was housed from, he may have f-ed up beyond all imagination.

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Quote:
Whether you favor him or not, you have to admit he will be a very different president than George Bush.

everyone running will be a very different President than George Bush...

that is some interesting logic you put there

You think McCain would be VERY different than Bush??

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 02/29/08 10:37 PM

umm, are there comprehension issues here? I just posted that "EVERYONE" running, not everyone but McCain...

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Audit_gal
Frank I got a question... Is America a dream?

Not sure I understand the question birthday gal. What do you mean?

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 03:56 PM

It's just that one of his commercials are really driving me crazy.... Mr. Obamma wants me to "believe in this dream we call America" It is annoying, and that statement doesn't seem like a smart thing to say..

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 05:14 PM

You've never heard of the American Dream?

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 05:29 PM

find the american dream right here

the real American Dream...

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 06:02 PM

yes but he didn't say to believe in the American dream... That is a tottally different meaning...

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Audit_gal
yes but he didn't say to believe in the American dream... That is a tottally different meaning...

We are arguing semantics. I don't want to argue. It is your birthday.

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 06:35 PM

I am not trying to argue, It just annoys me, so I wanted to understand what he meant... To meit is saying that America is a dream...
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 06:38 PM

The Senator would like us to think that...hope and dreams..thats what he offers...

Re: Obama Served on the Board of Pro-Palestinian Group - 03/03/08 06:39 PM

No less BS than "keeping us safe"