GREY'S ANATOMY

Posted By: ApacheBelle72

GREY'S ANATOMY - 04/24/08 09:26 PM

If this has already been discussed today, forgive, I've been super busy! It's the end of the day and I just remembered that GREY'S ANATOMY comes on finally! YAHOO!
Posted By: West Texas

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 04/24/08 09:30 PM

Posted By: Ready to Retire

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 01/30/09 05:49 PM

I'm sorry but I watched this show last week for the first time and I have a couple of questions. The blonde doctor who stole a heart-what was that all about? And the red-headed surgeon-is he new because he said last night he wasn't staying. And where does Addsion from Private Practice fit into the whole scheme of things? Was she married to someone on the show?

And that whole thing with the dummy was hilarious.
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 01/30/09 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Early Winter
I'm sorry but I watched this show last week for the first time and I have a couple of questions. The blonde doctor who stole a heart-what was that all about?

She fell in love with a heart patient who needed a transplant, and manipulated the system to get him to the top of the list
And the red-headed surgeon-is he new because he said last night he wasn't staying.

He was in the HBO series "Rome" and apparently is staying as Dr Yang's love interest. And where does Addsion from Private Practice fit into the whole scheme of things? Was she married to someone on the show?

She was married to Dr Sheppard (McDreamy to some) She cheated on him with Dr Sloan (McSteamy to some) which led to the divorce, along with Sheppard's infatuation with Grey.

And that whole thing with the dummy was hilarious.
Posted By: Creditcop

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 01/30/09 07:04 PM

Izzy (the blond) is going to die of a brain tumor from what I have had. Last night's was a repeat, a new is next week.

I agree the dummy thing was hilarious.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 01/30/09 07:35 PM

And Izzy's heart patient boyfriend died anyway, correct. He was the one hanging around last week right? I got the impression she was going to die also because he kept saying he was "here for her."

So next week on the joint show Addison is going to ask her ex-husband to operate on her brother to save his life?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 01/30/09 07:42 PM

You are correct.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 01/30/09 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Creditcop
Izzy (the blond) is going to die of a brain tumor from what I have had. Last night's was a repeat, a new is next week.

I agree the dummy thing was hilarious.

That is what you get for critizing the writers....

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 02:46 PM

OK. More explanations please. Like I have said before I am new to Grey's Anatomy this season. Last night's show was obviusly an old one. On the show last night Grey was talking, very briefly, to an older woman in an office. I got the impression that she might be her mother. Could that be? Because in the current season I am under the impression that her mother is dead.
Posted By: B_F

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 03:18 PM

Tired of Winter, her mom is dead, but that didn't stop her from talking to her before she was dead! smile

Was the old woman you're talking about suffering from Alzheimers/Dimensia? If so, that's her mudder.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 03:46 PM

It was a really brief conversation. But the woman seemed to know what she was talking about. Her hair was long and blondish red I think.

And it seems that people do talk to dead people on that show. At least Izzie does. But I meant that she was talking to her mother when she was still alive and then she died before the current season. How long has the mother supposedly been dead?

Was the show named for the mother?
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 03:51 PM

Show named for Mer's mother - No. I'd say it's named for Meridith.

Izzy - she has a tumor, is seeing things, and is exiting the show.

George is also leaving the show, but they want to be able to bring him back, so he won't die.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 06:45 PM

I didn't watch it because it was a re-run, but it may have been the therapist that she was going to in the hospital for awhile.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 06:53 PM

That could be.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 06:56 PM

Yeah, it sounds like the therapist as well.
Posted By: DebL

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 07:39 PM

I watched last night...it was the therapist.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 08:09 PM

Thanks a lot. Just how old was the show last night?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/06/09 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: AG Pooh
Show named for Mer's mother - No. I'd say it's named for Meridith.

Izzy - she has a tumor, is seeing things, and is exiting the show.

George is also leaving the show, but they want to be able to bring him back, so he won't die.

It's named more for Gray's Anatomy, the definative textbook on Anatomy and thus Meridith is named Grey to tie in as a prime member of the show.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/07/09 02:18 AM

Makes sense to me. Has Meredith been on the show since Day 1?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 03/07/09 02:19 AM

Unfortunately, yes.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 12:51 PM

I heard that the woman that plays Meredith is pregnant and is taking a leave next fall. It should be interesting to see what the producers do with that.

Could they have lost any more patients on the show last night? What was the final count? Six?

And there was a wedding just not the one we were expecting. Is Izzy going to die or not? I suppose we may find out in the finale next week.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:02 PM

Katherine Heigl was originally leaving the show, then she said she would like to stay if they would let her, so it seems that it's up in the air.

All in all, I thought it was a good show. Poor George, with everyone dieing. I missed the beginning - how did all of those kids get hurt?
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:04 PM

i sat and boo-hooed through the entire show last night!

what the *%$$ is wrong with me!?!??? eek

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:10 PM

^^^girly hormones eek

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:11 PM

yeah...especially since i never "cry" eek

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:11 PM

Oh, come on now JJ - it was a good show!

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: THE Pooh
Katherine Heigl was originally leaving the show, then she said she would like to stay if they would let her, so it seems that it's up in the air.

All in all, I thought it was a good show. Poor George, with everyone dieing. I missed the beginning - how did all of those kids get hurt?

It was a good show. A bus hit the SUV the kids were riding in.

Did George hava a history with Izzy? Is that why he was the one to step out and help her down the aisle?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:40 PM

George and Izzy are best friends...and then they slept together and briefly had a "relationship" while George was married to Cally (sp?)

man...i hate soap operas ...but this show really IS a soap opera!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:42 PM

The girl that lived - survived being hit by a bus - the valedictorian - I somehow missed out on her injuries - was she going to be paralized or what?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:44 PM

i didn't really catch that part either but yes...i think she was left paralyzed
Posted By: cantley

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:47 PM

I thought last night's show was pretty good. I cried through the whole second half. I thought Alex using parts of the valedictorian's speech was so typically Alex, but it did fit perfectly.

I don't know if the valedictorian was paralyzed b/c I think the surgery had something to do with internal bleeding, but I am not sure.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:51 PM

I'm going to have the kleenex ready for the 2 hour finale next week! This week was too much.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:54 PM

I gathered that Izzy will be having more surgery next week.

Derek and Meredith did not get married last night right?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 01:57 PM

right...no marriage last night for Meredith and McDreamy
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 03:11 PM

I loved the twist to the show, but I figured they would let them get married to write in her real-life pregnancy. I will be interested to see what happens.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 03:26 PM

Maybe they will get married in the season finale next week although I am not anticipating a big ceremony.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/08/09 08:55 PM

I recently decided I needed to see what all the Grey's talk was about, so I started watching the series from the beginning (Netflix doles it out one CD at a time...). I just finished season 2 - where Denny dies. Then, I watched last night's show with a friend (that's two seasons behind, right???). It definitely is a soap opera, because I wasn't all that lost! smile

I gotta say, though - Meredith looks much healthier now (with a little extra weight because she's pregnant in real life) than she did at the end of season 2!

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/11/09 01:28 PM

I may have to try the CDs as I am new to Grey's this season and don't know a lot of the background.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 12:35 PM

Well, there were a few surprises last night. We are left to wonder whether Izzy and Geroge are coming back next season or not. I didn't see it coming when it turned out John Doe was George.

I guess thaat wedding thing that Meredith and McDreamy did will be it. Not what I would call a real ceremony by any stretch of the imagination.
Posted By: Creditcop

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 01:08 PM

My wife figured the twist out about George somehow. I thought the show was pretty good, the first hour was a bit slow IMHO.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 01:12 PM

Well, it certainly left us hanging until next season. I can't believe that they will let 3 characters go. Since the woman that plays Meredith is taking a maternity leave in the fall I can't belive they would write out both Izzy and George.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 01:24 PM

George was supposed to leave last year, but didn't. Izzy wanted out, but now says she'll stay if they'll have her. Pregnancy is usually easy to write around, and they should be able to get a lot of Meredith's scenes done before she takes leave.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 01:42 PM

So it looks like Geroge dies. And Izzy is questionable. I wonder if Meredith will have a pregnancy written into the show.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 02:26 PM

Seems to me George is dead, because he was nasty to the writers/producers and wanted out of the show, and Izzy is dead because she too made waves and wanted out. Both get their wish.
Posted By: #12

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 02:28 PM

I think Izzy will come back next season. When it ended, she was in the elevator. I think next season, the elevator door will close again, and she'll come back. George is gone though.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 02:29 PM

You're probably right.
Posted By: A_G

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 02:35 PM

Weren't you edited for this type of language yesterday?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 02:37 PM

maybe George's middle name is Dick...???

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 02:59 PM

From what I've read, they were supposed to leave George's exit open so that he could return if he wanted to; Izzy was supposed to die. Now that she wants to come back - who knows.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:00 PM

<---- only saw the 1st hour of last night's finale

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:04 PM

^^^^^
Go to ABC.com and watch the rest. I never picked up on George/patient angle.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:10 PM

I didn't understand the 007 reference - perhaps I missed that episode?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:26 PM

I didn't get that either, but then I wasn't paying really close attention - trying to get in some computer time and watch at the same time.

Anyone know what the 007 reference was?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:28 PM

I had some vague memory the 007 thing but can't put my finger on it.
Posted By: #12

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:36 PM

I think when they first brought John Doe in and Bailly came in yelling about George joining the army, someone called George 007, but I could be wrong on that. I haven't watched every episode this season, so I may have missed something on a different episode.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: THE Pooh
^^^^^
Go to ABC.com and watch the rest. I never picked up on George/patient angle.

i DVR'd it...so i'll catch the final hour this weekend grin
Posted By: mkp122

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:41 PM

If I remember correctly during the first season George's patients kept dying so the other residents called him 007. The nickname stopped after he performed surgery in a stuck elevator.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:42 PM

That's interesting - because last week all of his patients kept dying too.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: waldensouth
I didn't understand the 007 reference - perhaps I missed that episode?

George's nickname since season 1 was 007 because he was the first to kill one of his patients.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: #12
I think when they first brought John Doe in and Bailly came in yelling about George joining the army, someone called George 007, but I could be wrong on that. I haven't watched every episode this season, so I may have missed something on a different episode.

I think you're right. I knew I had heard it last night I just couldn't remember where.
Posted By: TXBSA

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 06:15 PM

B_F is correct. During their first year as interns, George was the 1st one picked to assist with a surgery, a minor one. The patient died and Alex began calling him 007. It stuck until he saved a man dying in an elevator by performing a surgery that Alex froze on.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 06:54 PM

I remember the elevator surgery. Alex was really a jerk back then.

Didn't George look great in the uniform?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/15/09 07:33 PM

I almost didn't recognize him with the uniform and the haircut. I had to look twice to figure out who it was.
Posted By: EllenA

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/18/09 04:27 PM

regarding "Merideth's" pregancy. The girl who plays Lexie is also pregnant and it didn't affect the storyline. My guess is that she will be sitting down a lot, or hiding behind a file cabinet or carrying a big bag etc.
Posted By: Trees

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/18/09 04:46 PM

So, any comments after the 5/15 show? Whose going to be left of the original cast memebers? the show is losing its steam, not entirely, but if main characters, whom viewiers have learned to "love" are dying off, they need new, strong main characters to take their place. this often doesn't work.....I'm thinking George is gone but izzy will be back...what say you?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/18/09 09:39 PM

I think Grey's is hoping it can pull an ER where the ensemble cast can survive losing major characters and move on for decades.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/18/09 09:59 PM

I like Kevin McKidds character. He was superb in "Rome". I also almost stood up and clapped when Arizona tore Callie a new one.
Posted By: cantley

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/19/09 02:13 PM

I used to love Callie, but now she is just whiny and annoying. I like Arizona, but as a mother of three little ones, the shows that have pediatric cases really get to me.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 05:21 PM

So who watched the big finale last nite?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 05:23 PM

Me
Posted By: Key Lime Pie

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 05:42 PM

I did and enjoyed it, although it was very intense. Seems like they tied it up too neatly though. Not much suspense for the start of the new season.
Posted By: Live 2 Comply

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 05:45 PM

It seemed like both Grey's and Private Practice didn't leave you with a cliffhanger which I was kind of grateful for. A little different for a change.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 05:52 PM

I think they will all be dealing with the after-effects of the shooter, and Merideth will have the miscarriage to deal with. I wonder if she'll find out that now she won't be able to have a baby.

It was a very good show, though, and got rid of a lot of exess characters.

Plus next year, Lexie will have to deal with the fact that Alex called her Izzie and said he loved Izzie, and McSteamy will have to deal with the fact that Lexie told Alex she loves him. Also, Christina broke up with (can't remember his name), yet he walked into the OR and took a bullet for her, and told the shooter that he loved Christina.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 06:03 PM

Owen. Love Owen, or if you prefer Lucius Vorenus.
Posted By: Dani York, CRCM

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 06:19 PM

Love Owen too! Christina did tell Meredith to go save her guy though. And she and Owen shared a look at the end, so I'm thinking they are back on.

I felt so bad for Sloan. And Bailey...OMG, she'll probably have the central conflict next season.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/21/10 07:02 PM

Sometimes it seems like Bailey is always in conflict. frown

And will this have Alex become a jerk again next year?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/22/10 05:28 PM

Have it DVrs but haven't watched it yet. Heard it was pretty bloody though.
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/24/10 06:34 PM

I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing! What a great finale!!!

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/24/10 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Sharks In 2010
Owen. Love Owen, or if you prefer Lucius Vorenus.

OMG I knew I recognized him from somewhere! Wasn't it Lucius Varus though?

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/24/10 07:39 PM

Vorenus

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/25/10 12:34 PM

Finally got to watch it last night. It was very good, but very bloody. The guy pretty much shot the majority of the cast at one time or another.
Posted By: Live 2 Comply

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/26/10 04:48 PM

Yeah it was bloody. My husband (who hates my stupid shows) was screaming at the tv for the sniper to shoot the guy again. At commerical I was like that can't happen or the show would end too soon.

I actually liked Reed better than the whiny girl.

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/26/10 04:54 PM

Which whiny girl? (Meredith?, Sheppards Mini-Me?, Lexie?, Callie?)
Posted By: The Minion

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/26/10 05:06 PM

I think she meant Sheppard's mini-me

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/26/10 06:04 PM

I'm not liking her either. Maybe she'll leave due to trauma. Didn't have much of a part.
Posted By: ApacheBelle72

Re: GREY'S ANATOMY - 05/26/10 06:23 PM

Someone should slap her!