Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes

Posted By: TheManofSteel

Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 08:54 PM

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=63031

excerpts:

JERUSALEM – Israel should give up its nuclear weapons to ensure Iran halts its illicit nuclear program, argues an adviser on nuclear issues to Sen. Barack Obama.
The Obama adviser characterized Syria's nuclear program as "not amount[ing] to much. Begun almost 40 years ago, the Syrian program is a rudimentary research program built around a tiny 30-kilowatt research reactor that produces isotopes and neutrons."

"Syria does not have the financial, technical or industrial base to develop a serious nuclear program anytime in the foreseeable future."

Cirincione's assessment and his claims about false leaks to the media directly contradict a U.S. government briefing to select congressional committees last week on some details of the Sept. 6 Israeli airstrike.

The U.S. released video of the targeted Syrian building showing what the CIA said was a soon-to-be completed nuclear reactor similar to one in Yongbyon, 55 miles north of the North Korean capital, Pyongyang.

Also, the U.S. released photographs that show what appears to be the inside of the nuclear reactor and a picture of a Syrian official standing with a well-known nuclear engineer for the North Korean government.
Posted By: B_F

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 08:56 PM

I won't say I disagree with this, but then again, I'd like to see the US and everyone else give up nukes too. Unfortunately, Israel is never going to give up nukes until they are absolutely positive that their enemies have already given theirs up and won't plan to build any. Oh wait, that's NEVER.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 09:09 PM

and Jimmy the worst President ever revealed to the world how many Israel has to destroy......................
Posted By: straw

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 09:48 PM

Jimmy the worst has no real idea how many nukes Israel may or may not have.

He is just keying on an issue that the liberal elitists who identify with totalitarian regimes in the regime, rather than the only democracy there have been trying to use to justify Iran's nuclear program.
Posted By: kms

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 09:51 PM

I believe we should give up all nukes after we have turned a couple places into parking lots. If you do it simultaniously there won't be anyone to fire back..
Posted By: buggs

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: kms
I believe we should give up all nukes after we have turned a couple places into parking lots.

I hesitate to ask, but what places do you mean?

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 10:36 PM

lmao hmmmmm lets start with iran, syria, iraq, Nkorea, that should scare pakistan and india enough to keep their nukes to themselves
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 11:05 PM

Well honestly, what does Israel need nukes for? Or any other weapons for that matter?

It's not like they need to protect themselvs from President Ahmapsychopath! [/sarcasm]

"I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene,"

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 11:13 PM

Hey Bimmer maybe we get the whole world to hold hands and sing kumbay ya.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 11:18 PM

Isn't that what Obama is going to do after he is elected?

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 11:36 PM

Oh I thought if I started it, I could become president. I keep trying to get you all to vote for me!!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 11:55 PM

Oh I thought if I started it, I could become president. I keep trying to get you all to vote for me!!

You better get started on that long, illustrious senatorial career. Experience doesn't just come out of the thin air.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/02/08 11:57 PM

ahhh I was born for it!!!!!

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 01:58 PM

I'm guessing you were joking, KMS, but I don't think turning other parts of the world into parking lots would solve anything.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 02:00 PM

I was, I like to throw that in every now and then to hold up the war monger image you all have of me...

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny
I'm guessing you were joking, KMS, but I don't think turning other parts of the world into parking lots would solve anything.

Oh yeah, well tell that to all the people who have a frustrating time finding parking spots. sheesh

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 02:02 PM

Bugs you missed my hand holding and singing reply..

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Green Lantern
Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny

Oh yeah, well tell that to all the people who have a frustrating time finding parking spots. sheesh

Yeah, but it's a really long walk from the middle east to their office buildings in New York.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 02:52 PM

But they would be great places for the rest of us left to sit and sing kumbaya....

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:00 PM

All joking aside, there are too many people struggling for freedom in underground movements in Syria and Iran for turning to such measures. If we truly value human freedom and dignity, we must, and do, support these movements, not just wipeout entire populaces. To do so is to exist in a total ivory tower.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:04 PM

oh I know, I would only go to nukes as a last resort. I know our generation in Iran wants to become westenized. My ex's brother wrestles there every year and the people just love him and can't get enough of him. It is just finding the right way to help these movements along without, dare I say it, use of force

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:08 PM

You know we are nearly 30 years into the Mullah's reign, and I have been hearing about an Iranian underground democracy movement for all of it. And it is always just around the corner.

It reminds me of Cuba and Castro. I wouldn't put to much stock in the underground movements in these countries.

Democratic movements where there is no prior history of democracy? I'll believe it when I see it.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:09 PM

Straw, I am sure they want it, but just don't know how or are scared to try for it.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:14 PM

Don't be so sure. That kind of thinking has caused great harm i.e. inter-war Germany.

Democracy does not always sprout up naturally, especially when there is no history of it. Look at today's Russia. They would vote in Putin for life tomorrow if they could and I would not hold him up as a paragon of democratic virtues.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:21 PM

I see your point, I just feel bad for the people that want what we have but don't have the gusto to go for it.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:31 PM

I believe all people inherently desire freedom. It is just that, if they and the culture they live in have never had freedom, they don't even know what that means.

That is why imposing democracy is impossible. It must be grown within each culture. Another reason why a cut and run in Iraq is exactly the wrong idea. US troops bring the stablizing force and rule of law necessary for democracy to grow. Look at post war Japan and Germany. If the US had pulled out of those countries after the war, there is no way democracy would have taken hold.

More likely both would have turned to Communism and the world would be a very different place today.

I wish the democrats could understand this, but Obama and far left know that the war was wrong and no good comes from keeping the troops over there.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:36 PM

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the Cuban underground wanting democracy has come to Miami and the Keys, and are living their dream of independence.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 03:43 PM

And we have ICE sitting in our town!!!! Maybe miami is just too much for them

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 04:07 PM

Cubans are granted political asylum very quickly, while others who request asylum are strung along for years or decades.

THere is a high school valedictorian (sp?) from Armenia who requested asylum in 1992 (16 years ago so he was 1 or 2 years old) and the request has been denied and he is queued up to be deported.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 04:16 PM

I read that, so sad, maybe they don't want successful kids staying.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 04:21 PM

Well he fits under the "what about illegal don't you understand" mantra that gets kicked around.

He might still have a chance with a program put in place for high achieving immigrants. Of course, I am sure that the program would only apply to him though and not his family (oh the irony).
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 04:42 PM

I read that, so sad, maybe they don't want successful kids staying.

They don't. The preferences under the current program are adults employed in high-tech or professional fields. The 'employed' part is literal, they don't mean 'employable'.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 05:47 PM

Bugs you missed my hand holding and singing reply..

No I didn't. I saw it, but I make allowances 'cause you live in Iowa and you prob'ly can't help yourself.

Re: Obama Advisor: Israel Should Disarm of Nukes - 06/03/08 06:00 PM

LMAO not for much longer!!!!