Tim Russert is dead

Posted By: grmasterb

Tim Russert is dead - 06/13/08 09:12 PM

May he rest in peace. He was one of the fairest broadcast journalists.
Posted By: rainman

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/13/08 09:15 PM

Amen
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/13/08 10:29 PM

God bless his family and friends as they grieve his sudden passing. I will miss watching him, particularly during the upcoming election cycle. I always found him fair and interesting.
Posted By: Tigg

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/13/08 11:13 PM

This is the only journalist whoever made me enjoy learning and staying informed with politics. You could just tell he was doing the job he loved. A true patriot and outstanding journalist. God bless him and his family.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/14/08 02:34 AM

i've heard nothing but glowing comments tonight from all teh news pundits. whether you agreed with him or not, he was a true professional
Posted By: kms

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/15/08 02:56 PM

My Friends,

Today I would like to take a moment pay tribute to a man I was proud to call a friend, Tim Russert.

Tim was a great journalist - tough yet always fair - and a great American who loved his family, friends, politics, and of course, his Buffalo Bills. Perhaps the life roles in which he took most pleasure were that of a father to his son Luke and as the son of Big Russ.

The relationship between father and child is a deep bond unlike any other and Tim certainly celebrated this bond with his books, Big Russ and Me and Wisdom of Our Fathers. Tim loved his family above all else and I think it is only fitting this Father's Day to honor his life.

I hope you will take time to watch this special video message and remember the life and legacy of a terrific father and son. Tim Russert leaves a legacy of integrity of the highest level of journalism and we will miss him deeply.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family on this Father's Day. And I know I speak for many in saying, Sunday mornings in America will not be the same without him.

With Warm Sincerity,

John McCain
Posted By: Cowboys Fan

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/15/08 04:47 PM

I thought that Meet the Press this morning was a great tribute to him as both a journalist and as a man.
Posted By: pjs

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/16/08 11:58 AM

I watched some shows he was on Saturday and Sunday evening. I thought the man was an incredible human being and wish I would have known more of him when he was alive.
I also want to read his books that he wrote.
God Bless his family and his friends.
Posted By: B_F

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/16/08 01:36 PM

I always loved Russert, because in this day and age of the news media taking sides, he didn't. He will be missed.
Posted By: Hoosierland

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/16/08 02:01 PM

Did anyone catch the interview on the Today Show this morning with Tim's son, Luke? I was amazed at the poise that young man showed.
Posted By: grmasterb

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/16/08 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Did anyone catch the interview on the Today Show this morning with Tim's son, Luke? I was amazed at the poise that young man showed.

I did, and I was shocked that he was on there so soon.
Posted By: Imagine

Re: Tim Russert is dead - 06/16/08 02:11 PM

I cried watching the Meet the Press special.