Paul Newman - farewell

Posted By: Princess Romeo

Paul Newman - farewell - 09/27/08 05:25 PM

**sigh** My world is slowly disappearing...

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssConsumerGoodsAndRetailNews/idUSN2736828620080927
Posted By: Becka Marr

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/27/08 07:43 PM

Just saw the news on MSN - R.I.P Paul!
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/27/08 07:49 PM

How sad.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/27/08 08:21 PM

$200 million in philanthropy, a great American
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/27/08 08:26 PM

I heard this morning via text message. My heart and thoughts are with his family. RIP. You made good salad dressing, among many other great things.
Posted By: Yossarian

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/27/08 08:28 PM

I had forgotten that Newman was on Nixon's Enemies List, which he referred to as "the highest single honor I've ever received" so he had a sense of humor.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/28/08 02:24 AM

What a beautiful person he was. I imagine his wife will be quite lonely without him.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/28/08 12:30 PM

I'm SO sad about this.
Posted By: corkygirl

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/28/08 01:27 PM

He will be missed, on so many levels. Would that when I die I have done even a fraction of what he did in his lifetime to make this world a better place.
Posted By: pjs

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/28/08 02:56 PM

RIP Mr. Newman.
Posted By: buggs

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/28/08 03:15 PM

What a legacy, what a life, and most of all, what an example. I saw a video clip yesterday from an interview about his charitable work. He said something along the lines that he was fortunate enough to have a chance to be blessed, and that he felt like those who were given that chance should help those who never get the chance.
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/28/08 07:48 PM

Bugs - that is so true and it is a sentiment, an outlook, a philosophy, and a way of living that I wish more people would embrace.

From highly paid celebrities to highly paid CEO's, if Paul Newman's example would inspire them to do even a little of what he did, that would be a wonderful enduring legacy.
Posted By: buggs

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/29/08 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Bonnie M
...and a way of living that I wish more people would embrace.

It's something I wish I would take the time to embrace more myself. The attitude expressed by Newman's comments about this way of living is humility personified because it acknowledges that one person isn't better, or more important, or more deserving than another. IMHO, that's what opens the door to true generosity.

I like the way you expressed your thoughts, Bonnie. It gives me something to consider about my own life. Thank you.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Paul Newman - farewell - 09/29/08 01:01 PM

Yes, RIP... he did much good with his wealth and charisma.