Celebrity Apprentice

Posted By: B_F

Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 03:11 PM

Who makes cupcakes without sugar? GUYS WHO HAVE NEVER BAKED! (As proved on Celeb Apprentice).

Ok seriously though, Rodman was lazy, Dice was his own punchline, and I am surprised that more wasn't made of the ladies selling "cupcakes" in front of the Playboy Building!
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:07 PM

missed it (and forgot to set the DVR!) damn!

maybe i can catch it on nbc.com.....?
Posted By: kms

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:09 PM

missed it
Posted By: Sing A Little

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:09 PM

I only caught part of the episode, basically after the baking was done and they were getting ready to sell.

From what I saw I thought that Donald made the right decision.

I'm hoping that the ladies can hold it together, but it looks like some catfights are on the way.

Posted By: Ledeana

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:35 PM

Who got fired?
Posted By: Bones

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:35 PM

The "poker champ" was a pretty pushy lady, so I bet you can count on some cat fights.

Joan Rivers face is very distracting. Funny thing is, Melissa looks just like her mother "with" the surgery. Scary!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Ledeana
Who got fired?

Andrew Dice Clay
Posted By: pjs

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 05:48 PM

Why can't some of these shows be on a Saturday night? There are people that do stay home on the weekends and all you get are the same teen crud movies or marathons on shows you already watched. Duh.
Posted By: Mocha's Mom

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 06:00 PM

I agree, pjs. Saturday night is the WORST night for television. There's too much competition during the week and I miss some of the ones I want to watch. And I know that some are going to say to record them but I don't want to have to watch them at another time. I want what I want when I want it, dagnabbit!! grin
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 06:59 PM

...resists urge to comment on people who stay home on Saturday nights...since I'm getting older and becoming one of them...
Posted By: Mocha's Mom

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 07:19 PM

No problem, Happy. I am out so much during the week between work, the gym, work-related dinners, etc. that I LOVE to just be home on the weekends. Especially since I dumped the ex I am perfectly content to just curl up on the couch with a good book and the dog snuggled up next to me - it's just pure heaven because I was never allowed to before. It actually makes the weekend seem longer as well if I am not running around everywhere.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 07:21 PM

Doesn't offend me either. I love being home.
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 07:33 PM

Friday nights aren't much better TV-wise frown

The guys had several who didn't do anything. Clay, Rodman and Brian McKnight - he even commented on camera that it was better to sit back and not say anything, and then you couldn't get blamed for anything. The rest of the guys worked pretty well, but the biker doesn't seem like he'll fit in very well.

The girls started out well, but I'm sure that won't continue. The poker champ is a hard worker. The Deal or no Deal model did have a valid complaint, but she should have spoken to Ann (?) right away instead of waiting until the board room.

This go-round, they seem to know that they need to use their connections to raise $s.

P>S> PJS needs to home to protect her daughter from AG wink

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 08:27 PM

LOL. I love staying at home especially when she isn't at home.

She drives me crazy lately.

::doing cartwheels outta here and on to a meeting::
Posted By: A_G

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/02/09 08:29 PM

peej, I can make sure she stays outta your hair. cool
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 02:49 PM

I thought I was going to like Annie, for the first 10 minutes of the show. Now I just want her to shut up. Joan & Melissa are *scary* looking. I was VERY glad Dice got fired.
Posted By: Bankster

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 03:32 PM

I don't like the celebrity shows as much. They pretty much boils down to 'who do you know and how much money will they donate'. Not much of an actual business challenge.

The women seem a little light on celebrities again, I mean, is a Deal or No Deal suitcase holder really a celebrity. It seems like Donald picks guys that he'd like to meet, and women that he'd like to....well you know.
Posted By: Sing A Little

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 03:36 PM

He'd like to "you know" Joan Rivers? crazy

I wouldn't count the Deal or No Deal girl out, she did bring Eric Bennett down to buy a cupcake, and her show is on TV and popular now, which is not something you can say for everyone else.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Bones
Originally Posted By: Ledeana
Who got fired?

Andrew Dice Clay

noooooo!!!! seriously??????

i was looking forward to him being on the show

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 04:24 PM

Trust me, about 10 minutes of Dice is more than enough. I'm VERY glad he is gone.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 04:27 PM

laugh

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/03/09 05:23 PM

He was this year's Gene Simmons.

Herschel was a lousey project manager. When Dice decided to leave - he should have said no. Same with Rodman - he should have told him to get his buttt out of the truck and bring in the people.
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 03:57 PM

Joan Rivers still looks like the puppet "Madame" from years back. Waaay too much plastic. BUT - she does have a business head, as long as she can be serious and quit cracking jokes. The poker queen would be wise to rein in her mouth, but she did have other players come through for her.

Should be an interesting season....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: BBoyd
Joan Rivers still looks like the puppet "Madame" from years back. Waaay too much plastic.

laugh so true!!!!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 04:00 PM

Joan, Melissa and Ann all seem to have a lot of business savy. Ann does need to tone it down though. Joan and Melissa have been running successful businesses for a long time now.

The bike-racer dude I don't see as going too far. His lack of connections will most likely hurt him.
Posted By: travelgirl

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 04:26 PM

You might not think he has connections but he is married to Sandra Bullock...

I think Ann should tone it down or others will want her out of the there - however, she did take the lead in the kitchen (when Joan was gone) and I didn't see any others making any attempt to take on that role. For that reason, I think she should stay.

And Dennis Rodman just needs to go...what's the deal with sitting in the truck? I think he just didn't want to deal with the public fawning all over him...the "I don't have time to deal with you little people" attitude.

I will keep watching though...simply because I've actually learned alot about leadership, sales and project management that I've used at work and at home.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 05:46 PM

If you guys are talking about Jesse James, he has his own connections - probably more than you might think. He is also very savy business wise. The thing I see getting him in trouble is his temper and not being able to get along with others - he's kind of a hot head and lone wolf. I missed the first episode....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 05:53 PM

Interesting - Donald asked him if he called any of his friends for donations and he said his friends didn't have money.

He looks like a red-neck - but he's married to Sandra Bullock? Wow!
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/06/09 06:08 PM

He actually built his business, West Coast Choppers, from the ground up. His clients include celebrities and professional athletes. His bikes are very high end and expensive and I am sure he makes a ton of money from merchendising. He is a celebrity in his own right, having had a couple of different series on Discovery Channel. I heard that he was starting a custom car business as well. Maybe he needs to call his clients instead of his friends next time!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/09/09 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: thomasj
He actually built his business, West Coast Choppers, from the ground up. His clients include celebrities and professional athletes. His bikes are very high end and expensive and I am sure he makes a ton of money from merchendising. He is a celebrity in his own right, having had a couple of different series on Discovery Channel. I heard that he was starting a custom car business as well. Maybe he needs to call his clients instead of his friends next time!

I like Jesse James. I'm sure if he wanted to, he could come up with some good donations from clients/celebs. I think he can do well in this competition, as he is a very creative person. Looks can be deceiving!

Did anyone catch last nights show? As annoying as Tom Green and Clint Black were, I think Scott was the right person to fire. EEE???? What was he thinking?

Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/09/09 10:38 PM

What happened last night?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/09/09 10:48 PM

They had to come up with a cartoon character and short storyline for Zappos.com.

Both teams pretty much had the same concept: overworked working woman/mom who doesn't have time to go out shopping.

The men had a lot of trouble agreeing on just about everything. Tom Green was spouting out ideas left and right and they finally just got tired of listening to him. Clint Black was being very rude talking over people (jesse, in particular) and not listening to input. Then they couldn't come up with a name for their cartoon character so Scott made a PM decision and named her EEE (stands for Everything, Everywhere, Everytime = I think), which none of the other guys liked. That was the deal breaker for Scott.

The women named their character Mizz Z,and I think that's what the CEO for Zappos.com liked. The ladies weren't without their conflicts, but they seem to work better than the men.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 06:09 PM

the EEE thing was a bad decision by the project manager (Scott)...

but Tom Green really gets on my nerves! and so does Clint Black

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 06:45 PM

I completely lost any respect I might have had for Clint Black, he is no Trace.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 06:53 PM

no Trace, indeed! smirk
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 07:00 PM

I like that Mizz Z thing too
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 07:05 PM

Clint Black always seemed like a nice guy.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 07:07 PM

i always thought or was under the impression that he was a great guy...strong, soft-spoken, easy going type

i don't know if they showed his REAL personality on the show..or creative editing portrayed him that way...but it was a big turn-off for me

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/10/09 07:10 PM

I will second that!!!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 08:45 PM

YEAH! Dennis is finally gone! I hope he finds the help he needs. I think Donald would have fired him even if the men had won last night. I really like Jesse....talk about level-headed and very articulate. Looks like there is a team mix-up next week..men join the women.

I think the men that are left are all very good, but some of the women definitely need to go now.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 08:48 PM

darn it I missed it.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 09:02 PM

Dennis needed to go! He is just way too out there!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 09:15 PM

I thought this was pure entertainment, but they handled the Dennis thing with so much seriousness.... even giving the AA website at the end of the show.....

It seems they may have to mix up the sexes, there are only 4 guys left aren't there? They just don't have the horse power to compete with so many females!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 09:21 PM

Thats cause chicks rule!!
Posted By: Cruse4Regs

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 10:03 PM

I have gained a lot of respect for Jesse in this deal. He is straigt forward and you know where he is coming from. No games from him, just hard work and true heart.

The River's are starting to get to wear on me. One, they are kind of scary to look at; two, Melissa is totally obnoxious and rides on mommy's coat tales.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 03/30/09 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Cruse4Regs
I have gained a lot of respect for Jesse in this deal. He is straigt forward and you know where he is coming from. No games from him, just hard work and true heart. Totally Agree
The River's are starting to get to wear on me. One, they are kind of scary to look at; two, Melissa is totally obnoxious and rides on mommy's coat tales.
I thought it was funny last week when they were in the boardroom and Claudia was blaming Melissa and Melissa whispered to her mother "say something here, mother" or something to that effect. She didn't strike me as someone that needed mommy to defend her.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 02:19 PM

Well who pi$$ed in Donald's Wheaties this week?! The firings were sort of random and personal, not task-related. And I think maybe the All execs don't really understand viral video.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 02:24 PM

from those commercials I know I don't understand viral.......
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 02:43 PM

Who left?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 02:43 PM

It's a term I'm not familiar with, but I guess it's an internet commercial with an edge to it?

Neither commercial had anything to do with the demographic they wanted to appeal to, but the Athena commercial was better to me, but who am I to judge.

I'm guessing he picked Ti...(?) because there was no clearcut person for Athena, and she made the mistake to volunteer to go to the board room.

I think he was really wrong with firing Kim Kardashian. Clint Black was sooooooooo wrong all the way around, he definitely should have been fired. Firing Kim (?) because of a DUI - wouldn't that be against the law in real life? He brought Dennis on the show full knowing what he was about and his abuse legacy. But when he finds out about her DUI, he gets rid of her.

Neither firing was fair. Neither should have happened. Trump just proved what a jerk he is.

BTW - I tried to get one of the All coupons last night, and the website didn't work. I'll try again today.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 02:50 PM

do you mean Chloe dear?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 02:51 PM

Kim has her own viral internet commercials!!!! eek

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 03:04 PM

I knew it was Kardashian, but didn't know the first name and Kim was all I could think of

blush

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 03:26 PM

the way Clint was portrayed last night he should have gone...

maybe he and Chloe, but that was harsh to pick someone from the other to group just because she volunteered to accompany Ms. Rivers in.......

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 03:31 PM

I agree that Clint Black should have been the one to go. He took the whole project on himself without any care as to what the others had to say. All he cared about was his Joke!

Donald was on his "high horse" firing Kloe like that. She didn't deserve it.

Firing Tionne was way out of the blue, too. Should have been the PM on both sides that got fired.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 03:47 PM

And the PMs totally expected it, and were prepared for it and even felt they should have gone!!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/06/09 03:57 PM

We were really enjoying this season - best one in a while up to this.

frown

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:29 PM

I missed this last night, did someone get fired?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:33 PM

Yes - Brian (?) McKnight (?)
Singer.....came back from a performance and just wasn't into it. Then Donald assigned them another task immediately after the firing.

Joan is losing it!

Trump put Joan and Anne against each other as team leaders. They showed the first 20 minutes of the second task and it will be continued next week.

Watch it on your PC Pale.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:37 PM

first hour or second, or the whole thing?

How should we dress for Pennsylvania Ms. Cutie? Are you warming up?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:40 PM

Trump brought back the previous winner of Celebrity Apprentice (the British dude...can't think of his name) to watch over each team and report back to Trump

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:40 PM

Joan is crazy.

I think I'm handsome, but no one has called me cutie in awhile, or Ms. for that matter. In central western PA, we are happy to get into the 50's this week.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:46 PM

that's nippy Mr. DS!!!

I don't get why McKnight was fired; he seemed serious about the tasks and did his part.....

a legacy bank I worked at had as its owner and Chairman a guy like Trump...

it seems like most of the people left are not very nice.....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 03:58 PM

I believe they're talking 60's in the 10-day forecast, but N.E PA is a different animal Pale. Definitely check out Weather.com or Accuweather.com.

McKnight really didn't do much in his first at bat as PM. This time - he didn't do anything at all in my opinion. To me the only good thing that team did was .....oops - don't want to spoil it for you.

I'd watch both hours and zip through the commercials. We thought it was a good show, plus it sets up the scenario between Joan and Annie.

The Bunny is proving to be an airhead also.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 05:12 PM

I found out over the weekend that the Bunny is married to a guy that I went to high school with. She really doesn't add much to the team except being a pretty face.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 05:30 PM

She's had her weeks where she seemed really good, but now they are really playing up the love fest between her and Annie.

I wish we didn't have to miss next Sunday - guess we'll have to watch the webcast.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/13/09 07:59 PM

maybe it will be carried on Telemundo Cutie!
Posted By: cantley

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:07 PM

Melissa is making such a big deal about Annie and Brandy getting along this week. How is it any different than Joan hating Clint last week and this week he is okay? I think Melissa just requires too much praise and doesn't like being the odd girl out. I hope Jesse wins this year.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:09 PM

Jesse is hanging a little toooooo much under the radar, and I think Donald will be calling him out for it.
Posted By: Wisco Crime Stoppers

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:24 PM

I want to see Joan and Melissa go head to head in the board room. I am rooting for Jesse in the end. Does anyone know why they don't bring back non-celebs for a year?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:30 PM

Horrible ratings for the non-celebs - actually, ratings for the celebs is slipping and this may be the last season

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:31 PM

I used to love Apprentice... now it hurts to watch more than 5 minutes.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:34 PM

This season was great until the past two weeks and the Joan/Melissa [censored] frown

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 03:55 PM

Even thought it is not always great, I still become addicted to the point where I get mad at it. smile Let's call Donald and do a behind the scenes banking Apprentice:) Now there is some real DRAMA!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 04:06 PM

Yeah - but no one would want to watch THAT!

laugh

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 04:42 PM

lol, only those of us crazy enough to live it.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/14/09 06:53 PM

everybody loves a good train wreck! grin

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 02:38 PM

Joan's team is down to 2! eek

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 03:08 PM

Joan is horrid and it seems like Clint has 9 lives. I don't know that he has done well on a single task, someone just always seems to make a more costly mistake.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 03:16 PM

yep...not sure how Clint manages to stick around

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 03:35 PM

Lisa is providing The Donald with favors to keep him around.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 03:38 PM

grin

eek
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 04:43 PM

Who left last night? I dozed off right at the end of the show.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 04:47 PM

I heard Herschel Walker and the lady golfer.....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 08:59 PM

yep...those two got the axe
Posted By: B_F

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 09:06 PM

He fired two of them this time?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 09:08 PM

it was a 2 hour show

1st hour...the golf chick went

2nd hour...new task...Herschel went

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/20/09 09:16 PM

and the Joan/Poker Queen hate fest is heating up bigtime....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/24/09 02:05 AM

I cannot believe Clint is still there. Amazing. Joan really was obnoxious this last week. I don't love Annie but the personal attacks made Joan look spiteful and petty and stupid.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 03:04 AM

OMG! Between Joan and Melissa, I'm not sure who was worse tonite! Both appear to be very immature I couldn't believe their behavior. While Annie is too mouthy and too controlling, the Rivers women showed their true colors. Next week should be interesting.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 03:08 AM

who went home, i missed the the last little bit

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 12:38 PM

Melissa was fired and she threw a fit, running around gathering her stuff, Ma Rivers went postal as well; it appears Ma Rivers does not come back next week either....

I was personally offended by the reference by Ma Rivers that poker players are worse than white trash.....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 02:01 PM

The hubby and I were laughing the whole time after the firing. Melissa is crazy. It's not like she was voted off the face of the earth, for goodness sake (although that sounds like a fine idea, too). She was absolutely the worst loser I have seen on the show. And I think that it is great if Joan is gone, too. Jesse just absolutely cracks me up every week.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 02:06 PM

Jesse was hilarious! I hope he makes it to the final two.

And it was nice to see the Rivers clones go. I hope Joan stays gone. Those two are something else. I can't imagine what would happen to one if something happend to the other. They seem very co-dependent.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 02:28 PM

I would like to see Jesse and Annie in the final two. I really think that Annie's game play is superb and no one has even come close to her in fundraising. I was afraid of her being too vocal last night in the board room and getting fired for something that she said, but she just sat back and let the other two go. I know it goes with her profession, but she just reads people so well. Jesse just rocks. I would like to see him get a good team and really go all out on a task. If Clint makes it to the finals, I just might boycott.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 04:32 PM

I thought that Melissa acted very poorly and was an extremely sore loser but I still like Joan. She speaks her mind, she doesn't mince words, and she is, for the most part, gracious when people are fired. Look how nice she was to Dennis and Hershel.

I think Annie is playing Brandy like a violin and winning because of it. She is a true poker player and doesn't give away her hand at any time.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 04:39 PM

You go Jesse!!!! I hope Trump doesn't make him the odd man out for not raising enough $$$ and sees him as the up-front, honest, hard-working business man that he is.

Blondie, playboy girl can go and Clint's time is up. I would love to see Annie and Jesse in the finals. Annie is completely playing everyone, but I think out of anyone, Jesse is smart enough to pick up on it.

How embarrassing for Melissa and Joan. I can't believe the tirade Melissa went on. How can you not wake up the next day and think to yourself "what an idiot I made myself out to be." The previews make it look like Joan isn't coming back but that can be deceiving. I'm sure once the dust settled, Joan realized she needs to come back and "defend" their actions and keep fighting. Plus it makes for good ratings.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 04:45 PM

Just explain to me how good ol' boy, Clint, keeps getting made the group manager and escapes the ax week after week. Jesse damn near choked him last night and I totally agreed.

As for Annie, around here we call her type a snake in the grass...striking and then slithering away with a sly smile.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 05:13 PM

I know it would make for better ratings, but I don't see how Trump can let Joan come back if she really said she quits. This is the guy who fired Ttione just for volunteering to go in the board room.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 06:04 PM

that hot place hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/27/09 06:35 PM

I know you girls love the bad-boy, but i thought Jesse was acting like an immature baby with Clint last night. Clint was clearly the grown-up.

The Rivers beast are insane and will likely spend the rest of their lives together. Who else would want them.

I don't like the celebrity shows.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 04/29/09 02:34 AM

I couldn't believe how awfully tacky Melissa & Joan were. Talk about "no class".

And yeah, I did think Jesse acted like a baby. He did have really great ideas, but he acted like a spoiled brat.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/04/09 02:02 PM

I was disappointed Jesse didn't make it to the finals. Oh, well. Ratings should be good with Annie & Joan going head to head.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/04/09 02:04 PM

we felt like ratings drove all the decisions of the last few weeks......

got us wondering if Joan and Melissa were really that angry with some of the players or if it was all for show.........
Posted By: Skyline

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/04/09 02:23 PM

Last night made me think that Clint Black was kept around for the task to write a jingle for the tuna company.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 03:11 AM

So the new Celebrity Apprentice is....Joan Rivers! The way she hugged Annie at the end made me think some of their catfights may have been for show. She did have quite the business sense, but her outburst were over the top for me.

On to the next round of reality tv....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 02:30 PM

I agree about it all being for show. I couldn't believe Trump & Ivanka were calling Joan a role model for young women. I'm assuming they meant about the way she supports charity, but her outbursts on the show were pretty ridiculous.

And Melissa saying she was not embarrassed by her behavior after she got fired was priceless. Says a lot about her.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 02:48 PM

the whole evening was a rehab for the Rivers family reputation; even with the winning amount the Rivers team did not raise as much as those Mafia controlled poker players.....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 02:54 PM

I was so disappointed that Joan won. Can't stand her at all.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Bones
I couldn't believe Trump & Ivanka were calling Joan a role model for young women. I'm assuming they meant about the way she supports charity, but her outbursts on the show were pretty ridiculous.

or maybe a role model for young women on why you SHOULDN'T get plastic surgery eek

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 03:19 PM

^^^^ laugh

Let's face it - like her or not - and I got to really not like her as the show went on - Joan is a role model for what a woman can amount to. She's had a tough life, and has become successful in many fields. She is versatile, and talented, and shrewd and smart. Unfortunately, she also came across as a shrew on the show, and I'm sure it's not just the editing, but you can't take away from her all that she's accomplished in her life.

We saw her in Vegas a few years ago, and she is Funny! We laughed until tears were running down our faces.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 03:20 PM

i hope i have as much energy as she does when i'm 75!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 03:24 PM

I enjoyed when she threw in the zinger about hopeychangey and the change in the way business and non-profit fundraising will now operate....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:06 PM

What about Clint Black's zinger when asked by Donald who he would fire and Clint answered "the editing staff" or something like that. I don't think he liked how he was portrayed.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I enjoyed when she threw in the zinger about hopeychangey and the change in the way business and non-profit fundraising will now operate....

where's your mod sticker, chief?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pjs
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider

where's your mod sticker, chief?

the last one or two software "upgrades" made us all "universal" mods - it only appears now when a mod starts a new thread....

otherwise, we are invisible to the touch.....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:43 PM

oh!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:44 PM

are you sure you're still a mod?

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:46 PM

look down there at the list of mods......

I have been told there is no way to get out...

except feet first......

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:47 PM

So it's once a mod.......always a mod?

It's like that indelable mark on your forehead?

eek

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 06:54 PM

hmph!

similar to the one the boys gave you!

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 07:59 PM

Joan was right about one thing - she would say to a person's face what she thought. Annie preferred to do it behind everyone's back. Loved Brandy's comment about "that's what my girlfriends and I call each other now".

Entertaining! And at least Rodman seemed to pull through at the end, tho' the exchange between him and Jesse was a bit snarky. I don't think Jesse liked the way HE was portrayed.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 09:45 PM

Was Kardashian on stage last night? I don't remember seeing her.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 10:01 PM

No she was not, there were others no-shows too.

It is interesting to see which celebs chose not to participate in this last battle....

Re: Celebrity Apprentice - 05/11/09 10:53 PM

i still think annie should have won, joan did make the designer quit and then they tried saying it was a lie! I was so frustrated watching it last night