Favorite sayings of the new administration

Posted By: HappyGilmore

Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 04:12 PM

I think the favorite saying right now is "shovel ready" when describing job creation. Of course, if a mid-level executive making the (soon to be or almost-illegal) sum of $150k per year was laid off, is he really looking for a job slinging dirt for $15.00 an hour?

Another good one is "the blame stops with me, I'm responsible." of course, what this really means is that some low-level staffer who failed to route the memo correctly will soon be out on his ass, probably looking for a shovel ready job.

Please feel free to include you favorites!
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 04:13 PM

Hopeychangey?
Posted By: Spivol

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 04:32 PM

I feel like i've heard him say, "we've got a long road ahead of us" alot. Also, "this will not be an easy fix".
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 04:34 PM

How about - 'Uh, uh, uh' ?

grin
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 04:51 PM

"The fundamentals of the US economy are sound...."

:rolling eyes emoticon:
Posted By: doobydoobydoo

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 05:12 PM

To the IRS:

"Oh, you mean I am supposed to pay taxes on that money?"
Posted By: Pickles

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 05:22 PM

I'm thinking you must be a "Homeland" terrorist just for bringing up this subject... How dare you even think that you don't have to pay taxes on taxes and shouldn't give what's left to someone else who needs it more!!! Ha!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 05:29 PM

"Transparency." Everything is going to be done with transparency.

Maybe a little more opacity is needed, some of this stuff is like watching them make sausage. sick

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 05:29 PM

"Here, have a few Billion, the taxpayers will never notice...."
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 06:55 PM

Did I mention that I inheritied this mess. sick

I won get over it. sick

I bring Hope(tm)and Change(tm) sick

Hey look Mom, I'm on TV again and no one can stop me. I love seeing myself on TV. I think I will reserve 8:00pm Tuesdays for the rest of my administration (nxt 4 years).
Posted By: B_F

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 07:13 PM

It's not my fault!

What I meant to say was...

Look Maw, I'm on TV!
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 07:46 PM

When you can no longer afford to drive your cars, you had best be "shovel ready" to clean up after your horse!
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 10:28 PM

These pretzels........are making me thirsty!!
Posted By: straw

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 10:38 PM

There was shrinkage !!!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 10:58 PM

CUT! Where's that teleprompter fixer guy? Oh, we're live?
Posted By: Mrs. Rizzo

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/24/09 11:55 PM

I'm sure all of you would do a much better job crazy

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Rizzo

Honestly, I know I could do AS good a job. I've got as much experience smile

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:40 AM

But, we didn't run for President on empty promises and lies (so far), he did.

Enough apologies and excuses for this flawed man.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:54 AM

Ok, now I am laughing harder than I have in a long time.

Obama just said that the status quo between Israel and Palestine is not sustainable. Pardon me? It goes back to before the US even existed, but it's not sustainable?

I do not think that word means what he thinks it means!

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:09 AM

All Hail the perfect BOL posters!!! ::bows down::

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:11 AM

All Hail the perfect BOL posters!!! ::bows down::

Noone is claiming to be perfect. Well, except MAYBE Obama. I think that's more of Obamites claiming Obama is perfect.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:54 AM

I know I'm a better public speaker than him, I haven't said "uh" in a speech in over 4 years, and I give a lot of speeches. Anyway, back to the topic, how could I forget this favorite new saying:

uh, uh, uh
Posted By: The OG Zaibatsu

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: MB Guy
"The fundamentals of the US economy are sound...."

:rolling eyes emoticon:

Isn't saying something like that part of what got McCain defeated?
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 11:12 AM

Point at which I turned off the "press conference" - where he "explained" how it's not fair that he (President Obama) gets a larger tax benefit for a deduction as a result of being in a higher marginal tax bracket than another tax payer who is in a lower marginal tax bracket. At first I thought, hey, this is great - maybe he'll actually see some benefits of a flat tax...

Nope, just pure redistributivism. You see, it's all the government's money, anyway, so when I get a tax deduction, I shouldn't get any more of a tax deduction than anyone else. The fact that I'm paying higher taxes is irrelevant.

Point at which I should have turned off the "press conference" - With that, I'll take some questions, I have a list here, Jennifer...Jennifer are you here? Ah, there you are, Jennifer, yes.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 11:27 AM

Click to reveal..
Posted By: kms

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 11:50 AM

Thats when I turned it off Jman whistle
Posted By: Tigg

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:28 PM

Shhhhh! Be vewy vewy quiet.......he's hunting werewolves with silver bullets.......

(Sorry, I couldn't resist - it was such a cr@ppy analogy. smile )

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:36 PM

I was at a meeting and didn't see any. You mean he had a LIST of people he took questions from ?????????

I watched the beginning of Nightline - Stephanopolus of course gave him an A- and talking about how cool and calm and together he was.

What a joke.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:37 PM

Yes, Winnie. He had a prepared list of reporters that he took questions from. That blew my mind!

And about the cool & collected - he had a massive teleprompter set up in the back of the room........................

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:43 PM

Well - if he had a list of reporters, then he also had a list of their questions, so he could have prepared replies ready on the teleprompter. That is ridiculous.

Nightline made a big deal over how there were no questions on Iraq or Afganistan and how great that was, and how that hadn't happened in the last eight years, yada, yada, yad........

Disgusting!
Posted By: A_G

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:45 PM

circles and circles and circles
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Tigg
Shhhhh! Be vewy vewy quiet.......he's hunting werewolves with silver bullets.......

But he can't go hunting - gun ownership and pursuit of live animals using said guns are strictly right-wing activities. wink
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 12:55 PM

Well - if he had a list of reporters, then he also had a list of their questions, so he could have prepared replies ready on the teleprompter. That is ridiculous.

Mabey the teleprompter guy now has a shovel ready job,

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: PJ$

Nightline made a big deal over how there were no questions on Iraq or Afganistan and how great that was, and how that hadn't happened in the last eight years, yada, yada, yad........

Disgusting!

and yet the first reporter expressed surprise and shock that she was called on, and then gave him a softball question about "has race been an issue in white house back office discussions"

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:33 PM

Yes, all questions HAD to be pre-submitted and approved. They were then called on in the order that best suited BO, and allowed to ask only the question that was handed to them.

What I found interesting is that noone from the New York Times or several other major media outlets were allowed to ask questions, but foreign papers and Ebony were. It was almost as if he was snubbing the US Press.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:35 PM

Is Ebony a foreign magazine? smirk

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: p j s

Did I say it was? Is it a real news outlet?
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: B_F
Yes, all questions HAD to be pre-submitted and approved.

isn't that how it usually works...not just for this administration....???

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Miscuit
Yes, all questions HAD to be pre-submitted and approved.

isn't that how it usually works...not just for this administration....???

Not that I know of. I've never seen any other president have all the answers to questions given to him on a teleprompter before.

I have seen reporters ask questions again and again and presidents look like a deer in the headlights because they don't have an answer though, indicating that it didn't work this way.

But then again, we've never had a president who insisted on being on TV as much as he possibly can before. We've never had a sitting president feel the need to do late night television, post his NCAA picks on ESPN and CBS for a television appearance, etc.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 02:06 PM

bankers and wall street tycoons have to realize how the rest of us live out here ......

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 02:09 PM

but we ARE bankers smirk
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 02:17 PM

no the bankers are AIG and GM and Chysler

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 02:20 PM

You said it was almost as if he was snubbing the US press. But I'm sure I took that out of context or something.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 02:20 PM

ahhhhhhhh!!
Posted By: Patriot

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 02:59 PM

it's not "spending", it's "investment".

Said with a straight face will signing bill containing over 8,000 earmarks.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:10 PM

there will be a whole lot of investing going on out there the next 10 years.....
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:24 PM

It seems odd that Obama would treat the U.S. media as poorly as he has been since they are the ones that got him elected in the first place. Sort of a "don't bite the hand that feeds" situation.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:36 PM

You said it was almost as if he was snubbing the US press. But I'm sure I took that out of context or something.

Did you see who he allowed questions from, and as importantly, who he did not? Seriously? Are you that dense? When the folks from your own press you are allowing questions from aren't even daily papers, but rather folks like Ebony and Teen Beat, you're snubbing real news.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:37 PM

Go ahead and add 'Teen Beat' now.

I'm sure you meant Ebony and BET. smirk

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:38 PM

^^^^ dense

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:47 PM

well, I think that Ebony is our press, maybe not press you read, but it is our press anyway. Teen Beat? Did he really take a question from them? With the age of internet, does it really matter who he takes questions from? Everyone will report regardless. (psst...did you ever stop to think that if he had the questions in advance that he took the ones that were easy and the hard ones were from "your press" and he didn't take those?)

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:48 PM

^^^^ not dense

(except when he disagrees with me) smirk

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:50 PM

^^^^^not clear

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Happy Gilmore
well, I think that Ebony is our press, maybe not press you read, but it is our press anyway. Teen Beat? Did he really take a question from them? With the age of internet, does it really matter who he takes questions from? Everyone will report regardless. (psst...did you ever stop to think that if he had the questions in advance that he took the ones that were easy and the hard ones were from "your press" and he didn't take those?)

Ebony is 'our' press and is not foreign. BF just included it because it's press targeted towards African Americans.

I highly doubt BO took questions from Teen Beat (althought I can't say for certain). BF was just trying to mitigate his racism from his post regarding Ebony. smirk That I can say for certain.

But I'm sure that I'm taking this all out of context. crazy

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:54 PM

My husband said he would start to answer a question, never finish the question, and then change the subject to the talking point he wanted to make.

If he keeps ignoring major media, they are going to get just a wee bit pisssed at him I would think. We'll see what happens.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:59 PM

Ebony is 'our' press and is not foreign. BF just included it because it's press targeted towards African Americans.

I highly doubt BO took questions from Teen Beat (althought I can't say for certain). BF was just trying to mitigate his racism from his post regarding Ebony. smirk That I can say for certain.

Not wanting to speak for BF, but I am assuming that he means that Ebony is not one of the 'usual' media outlets that past presidents have responded to. I can understand BO responding to a Black media outlet; it makes sense, and although I don't know anything about the magazine, my perception is that it is more entertainment focused, but I'm most likely wrong. I still would think that he would reply to a Black media outlet that is more news focused.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: pj-s
Click to reveal..

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:00 PM

Enough already. BF said he didn't take questions from OUR press. He's already stated he meant the news media on that. He said, and I quote, he did take questions from the foreign press and Ebony. He didn't say Ebony was foreign press. He did imply and later expand on the fact that he doesn't consider Ebony part of the US press. Seriously, do YOU? He made no racial slurs so stop trying to stir something up, ok? There's enough in BO's appearance last night to discuss without this sidebar.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:03 PM

Ladies, ladies.... the B_F speak for himself.

It is much more amusing smirk

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:05 PM

I'm not stirring anything. You're taking things out of context, TR. smile

But given his track record of prior postings regarding race, well those speak for themselves, and I bet (and I'm a betting man) the example of Ebony was intentional. jmo.

And yes, I do consider Ebony part of the US press, as is The WSJ, Rolling Stone, MTV news, and any other US based press. It's certainly not foreign press.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:08 PM

donde esta el periodico?
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:08 PM

En el bano, srta.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:09 PM

por researcho?

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:10 PM

Que pasa?

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:25 PM

confused

frown

cry

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:27 PM

I thought his last question was from Faux news?

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:37 PM

It was the question from CNN that defined the whole evening!

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:45 PM

And that was???????????

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 04:46 PM

The difining moment of the whole evening. crazy Sheesh, keep up!

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:02 PM

No, your being an ignorant fool. My post regarding Ebony has nothing to do with racism. You're the one trying to make it racist. My post is about not allowing the New York Times to ask a question, i.e. the mainstream media, but yet he's going to monthly periodicals and foreign press instead.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Originally Posted By: Tigg

But he can't go hunting - gun ownership and pursuit of live animals using said guns are strictly right-wing activities. wink

Another reason it was a cr@ppy analogy! laugh

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:24 PM

::pats the poor horse on the neck::

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:28 PM

I thought we were talking about werewolves? confused

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:40 PM

Do you think he'll have a "win a date with Obama" contest and be on the cover of Teen Beat, much like John Candy's character in Stipes was on the cover of Tiger Beat with the same win a date contest? That would be awesome!

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:40 PM

I doubt it, since Michelle O is fighting rumors that she's prego.....

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Devil Queen
Do you think he'll have a "win a date with Obama" contest and be on the cover of Teen Beat, much like John Candy's character in Stipes was on the cover of Tiger Beat with the same win a date contest? That would be awesome!

Do you think that's what Tean Beat asked him for yesterday during their Q&A session? whistle
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 06:33 PM

Pointing out that it's odd he let Ebony ask a question is hardly racist.

It would have been just as odd had Bush let Entertainment Weekly ask a question at a nationally televised press conference. They are not serious media. (Of course, neither is NBC at this point, so why bother?)

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 06:40 PM

thanks for the tip!

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 07:43 PM

those cold cuts make a lot of sense, just sayin'......
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/25/09 08:13 PM

We are the Hopeychangey ones we have been waiting for.

Re: Favorite sayings of the new administration - 03/26/09 10:32 AM

pepper turkey and swiss on rye, please...