Photo contest

Posted By: Bank Angler

Photo contest - 04/08/09 08:10 PM

Long story here. We lost our labrador retriever last November after 14 years. I wasn't looking for a new dog, but my two sons kept pestering me about what type of dog that I would get if I were to get one. I told them that I would get a female beagle pup if I ever got one. In February after a basketball game, I was sleeping at 12:30 in the morning and was woken up by a new puppy licking my face. The boys had been looking for months and had found and gone and gotten the puppy without me or my wife knowing. We all fell in love with "Tracker". Well, I entered Tracker into a fishing photo contest and I need some bankers to help me out. I'm behind in the voting so this is a shameless plea for votes. Vote for Tracker (photo #7) at this link: http://www.thenextbite.com/node/11729

Thanks
Posted By: Dip

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 08:23 PM

Done and voted (for you, of course!).
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 08:44 PM

Me too...beagle puppies are so dang cute!
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 08:47 PM

Blocked here at work. I'll try to remember to log on at home this evening. I love beagle puppies, too. Well, I love all puppies.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 08:51 PM

so, are we voting for the 8 lb. Walleye or the 1 lb. dog?!?!!??!

wasn't Tracker a name for a young pup in a Disney cartoon from a million years ago?
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 09:10 PM

There was a fish in the photo? laugh
Posted By: Tigg

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 10:12 PM

Done! and what a cutie she is! Not a bad fish either!! LOL!!
Posted By: davidm

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 10:13 PM

I tried to vote but I did not find a send button or something to tally my vote. Do you have to register first to vote? You guys are crazy to be out fishing in the cold. Some of those shots looked like it was 10 degrees outside. Brrrrrrrr
Posted By: Confused Banker

Re: Photo contest - 04/08/09 10:45 PM

Got my vote...
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 01:03 AM

Even if you don't win the contest, it's obvious you've won the son lottery. What great kids to work that hard to get a surprise like that for you, Dad. Be proud. Be VERY proud.

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 12:24 PM

You don't need to log in to vote, you just click on the radio button by the picture. The fish was 8 pounds and the dog was 6 pounds at the time. She was only 3 pounds when we got her, and would fit in the palm of my hand.

Not sure about the Disney dog named Tracker, but the guys that run website that the photo contest is on are sponsored by Bass Pro Shops. The Bass Pro boat is Tracker, hence the name. My avatar is of my boat, a Tracker Tundra walleye boat.

Truff, I definitely hit the lotto in the son department. They both turned out great, and each has a great girlfriend that had a hand in getting Tracker for me.
Posted By: Lisa_Bates

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 12:26 PM

That is one cute puppy!! You've got my vote smile
Posted By: DEL

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 12:31 PM

You got my vote! What a cutie!
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 12:44 PM

Disney = Fox and the Hound

Fox name was Todd
Hound Dog name was Copper
Old dog name of Chief.

Site blocked will try to look at home.

Beagles are such great dogs.
Posted By: QCL

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 01:07 PM

I voted for you...but that Alligator Gar looks too cool too (I had never seen one until I watched Mark Zona fish for them on WGFS and they were freaky)! smile

Tracker is adorable.
Posted By: pjs

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 01:27 PM

I voted for ya and Tracker...love that dog!
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 03:00 PM

I grew up on Saginaw Bay BA; love those Walleye!

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 04:55 PM

Queenie, gar are awesome. I had a longnose gar in an aquarium for about 4 years. They are fun to watch and easy to keep as long as you have a ready supply of live fish to feed them.

My buddies fish tournies on Sag bay, Pale. Great fishery.

My son in college invited us to take him and her girlfriend out for dinner tonight for her birthday. He only has one class tomorrow so he wants to keep Tracker in his apartment over night. What a great kid, and Tracker's first sleep-over!!
Posted By: Dip

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 06:25 PM

Hey, you're in second place! Posting this on BOL was a great idea!
Posted By: kitten

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 06:36 PM

i voted for your puppy because i didn't see the fish. the puppy was too cute.
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Photo contest - 04/09/09 07:08 PM

such a cutie!!!

Re: Photo contest - 04/14/09 12:42 PM

Currently in second place but 50 votes behind.

Re: Photo contest - 04/20/09 03:04 PM

I'm 50+ votes behind. Help out a fellow banker if you haven't already voted.

She is probably the smartest dog we've ever had. When she chases the boys in the house, she will only go thru the kitchen once and then she takes the short cut thru the living room to cut them off when they come out.

She can sit, sit up, shake with either hand, lay down, and roll over. This week we are working on stay.

Today, she didn't want to get up with me at 5:30, so I rubbed her stomach and tried to coax her to get up. She just laid on her back and looked at me. I went and got her leash and clipped it on her collar. She started snoring like she was trying to fake me out that she was still sleeping. She gave it away when her eyes were open and her tail was wagging. What a bundle of joy she is.
Posted By: Loralie

Re: Photo contest - 04/20/09 09:16 PM

done- Love the dog!!
Posted By: B_F

Re: Photo contest - 04/20/09 10:14 PM

You'll need our help considering how much smaller your fish is than all your competition!

Re: Photo contest - 04/23/09 12:54 PM

B_F, I'm trying to prove the size doesn't matter!!! LOL!!

I took over first place yesterday with one week to go, but my competetion is gaining again.

Tracker was helping me give a hitting lesson last night. She was a perfect angel.
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: Photo contest - 04/23/09 01:18 PM

Finally got to vote a couple nights ago and sent the link to several friends for them to vote also.

Good luck!

Re: Photo contest - 04/28/09 01:08 PM

Thanks for everyone voting. This is the last time for the bump. Contest ends 4/30 and I'm 80 votes behind. Vote for Tracker (photo #7) at this link: http://www.thenextbite.com/node/11729

Tracker update. My son worked with her for a while on Sunday. He got her to sit, and then held his finger to her nose and said, "Bang". She lays down and rolls to her side and plays dead. What a smart dog.

Also, here in Ohio, the Ticks are terrible. We've picked 4 off of Tracker, two off of me and two off of my son. We have lots of pine trees in our yard and lots of birds making nests. I think I'm going to spray my yard. We've treated Tracker so the ticks haven't burrowed, but they are thick.
Posted By: Lisa_Bates

Re: Photo contest - 04/28/09 01:10 PM

The look on Tracker's face makes me laugh...he's looking at the fish like "What the heck is that thing?!?!"