Survivor SAMOA

Posted By: Citrus

Survivor SAMOA - 09/17/09 06:15 AM

Everyone ready for the new season?

Survivor Samoa starts this Thursday, September 17th.

Previews look good.

Evil has a new name . . . RUSSELL. (Russell H - there's two Russells)

It's being said that he's the biggest villian ever. (Even topping Johnny Fairplay!) For example, he burned socks in the fire and poured out the drinking water! He told a sob story about saving his dog during Hurricane Katrina - completely untrue. shocked

He makes alliances with all the girls on day one - "secret" alliances with each. And doesn't have a problem calling them his dumba$$ girls. (eek)

Also, this season:
No exile island
2 immunity idols …one on each beach… but the idol is on the other beach, not their own
Lots of fruit, lots of fish, white-tipped sharks - there’ll be good eating… but challenges will be tough.
For the first time ever, Jeff throws someone out of a challenge.

Don't forget to watch!

smile
Posted By: FBH

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/17/09 12:34 PM

When are they going to do "Survivor Detroit?" I think that would be a good show. There are several suburbs of Detroit that are now completely vacant. I'd love to see them plunk the cast down there, and enjoy the survivor entertainment that ensues!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/19/09 09:06 AM

No one else is watching?? Wow.
Posted By: B_F

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/19/09 02:08 PM

Naw, I'm watching. NOt much to talk about yet.
Posted By: Bagweaver

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/19/09 09:45 PM

Missed over half of the show. mad I always watch (when I remember to watch). crazy

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/20/09 04:54 AM

Well, OBG, hopefully you caught the repeat tonight (Saturday). smile I'm glad to know some of you are watching!

Actually, I wasn't home Thursday night either - I watched it online. Survivor WebSite It's shown from 8-9pm here in CA, and it's available online, for me, usually by 10pm. So don't forget, you can always go that route!

Also, I like to visit the online site to watch the behind the scenes footage and life at Ponderosa. I'm sure they'll post Marisa's Ponderosa soon.

P.S.
[I wonder if Erik and Ben are "kin" - seem to be cut from the same cloth... 28 y.o. womanizing bartenders from Los Angeles area - LOL]
Posted By: Dallas Tide

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/20/09 05:01 AM

I haven't decided who I rooting for (just yet), but I know who I'm rooting against!

mad Russell H. mad

Personally, I think he's a scumbag.

BTW, you can watch full episodes at: Survivor: Samoa

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/20/09 05:17 AM

Yep, they told us from the beginning that Russ was supposed to be more evil than Johnny Fairplay. He is so far.

Marisa was actually smart to question him - too bad that got her voted off. I also wanted to poke his eyes when he dumped the water and burned Jaison's socks!

So, they post his occupation as oil company owner. He claims to be a multi-millionaire. What do you think about that?

smile

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/20/09 09:59 PM

Marisa showed she was so smart she was stupid. Had she talked to the other people about Russ rather than going to him, he'd be gone and she'd be in play.
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/21/09 01:00 PM

You would think someone would wake up and catch Russel H. while he is up to his antics.
Posted By: DEL

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/21/09 01:26 PM

Really! Why didn't it arouse more suspicion when ALL the water bottles were empty? Who sabatoges his own team like that?
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/21/09 01:34 PM

I know, right?? No one seemed to put together that they were all empty... really??? That did not strike anyone as odd?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/21/09 01:44 PM

Is water fairly easy for them to get? I would be sleeping with my canteen after the water disappeared.
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/21/09 07:21 PM

He definitely HAS to go! I hope they catch on to him early enough to boot his sorry rear out of the jungle. This week's looks interesting...looks like things are gonna get crazy!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/22/09 02:12 PM

Bad news - looks like Russell H makes it to around F5. AND will be on next season (All Stars 2.) However, I guess the good news is he does not appear to win. At least this season - I haven't done any research into next season at all.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 01:51 PM

Russell and Ben (is that his name?) need to go. One is just plan mean and both think entirely too much themselves.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 02:03 PM

I am interested to see how long Russell can string this out...
Posted By: A_G

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 02:16 PM

the ghetto fabulous girl pissed me off last night mad

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 02:21 PM

No kidding, what was that all about???
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 02:26 PM

I don't know. I thought the smart thing for an 'observer' to do would have been to shut up, listen, watch, and report back to my team. I could not figure out why she felt the need to talk to anyone....

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 03:57 PM

I thought Ben's comments about ketsup sandwiches and Kool Aide were not politically correct.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/25/09 04:03 PM

Ben's the kind of guy that, in one of my former lives, would have suffered an unfortunate training accident and sent off to become someone else's problem.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/26/09 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Mme. EGB
Bad news - looks like Russell H makes it to around F5. AND will be on next season (All Stars 2.) However, I guess the good news is he does not appear to win. At least this season - I haven't done any research into next season at all.

Aw Gee, ExGovtBabe....this really wasn't meant to be a spoiler thread shocked...more of a discussion about the current episodes. But...Since I didn't make that clear, I'll still luvs ya, but...sadly, I didn't want to know that far in advance...

I was hoping to see Russell go sooner than later.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/28/09 02:50 PM

I guess I also missed where the rules for this thread were posted. LOL! I think for threads where reality shows such as Survivor are discussed that spoilers will naturally creep in. Thanks for the heads up Mme. EGB.

I'm hoping Russell H will try to make a fake immunity idol so we can see if anyone believes it is real or not.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/28/09 04:25 PM

The good news is, THERE ARE FISH IN THE OCEAN!?!?!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/28/09 05:06 PM

That was a shocking revelation.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 09/28/09 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor
That was a shocking revelation.

I still laugh every time I think of the gal who did her little diary thing and said "So, the bad news is, I broke our stuff. The good news? THERE ARE FISH IN THE OCEAN!" I loved her sarcasm!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 02:15 PM

Ben is gone! laugh laugh laugh Now to get rid of his revolting partner-in-crime.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 02:25 PM

When the other Russell chose the 'comfort' items and said, "I have to keep the women happy." My wife said, "He must be married." Sure enough...

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 02:35 PM

Bless his heart. That was a no win situation. I'd rather have the functional stuff. The guy was right. When the rain starts the comfort stuff won't be comfortable.

Has either tribe built a shelter any where close to rain proof? Do they not realize where they are and what the weather conditions may be?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Oldie But Goldie
Bless his heart. That was a no win situation....

Remember, he's married, no-win situations are familiar territory.

To your other question, I don't think either team has a weather-proof shelter. No one on Survivor ever does. At least not until a typhoon washes away everything they have. And yet, they've all watched the show, and they've watched it happen to every other team.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 02:50 PM

I forget which one it is, but one of them is a rocket scientist. For real??? smirk

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 02:53 PM

According to bios I've seen posted, yeah.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/02/09 04:41 PM

Evil Russell is right about one thing.... These people ARE STUPID!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/09/09 01:55 PM

Yaz is gone. Did she ever do any work around camp? Was she as good as some of them thought in the competition events?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/09/09 01:56 PM

She held her own in the competitions... toss up for me between her and Monica.

If Monica falters again, her stay will be short lived.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/09/09 01:57 PM

I missed last night - hockey game - did anything good/exciting happen?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/23/09 04:54 PM

Felt so sorry for Russell last night. I hate anyone has to leave due to medical reasons. They should be invited back to compete again (if they're able).

I want the other Russell GONE! He sure thinks very highly of himself.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/23/09 05:27 PM

I don't see anyone else left that I really want to win. I really liked Russell (not the jackass).

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 10/23/09 05:58 PM

I'm not too impressed with this group either. Most of them appear to be a part of the herd or lazy as they can be, and Shampoo scares me. Don't know quite why.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 01:41 PM

Is this not one of the best seasons ever!!!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:24 PM

totally, but have not watched last nights yet! eek
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: A G
Is this not one of the best seasons ever!!!

no

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:26 PM

Uh the last three tribal councils have been stellar! cool
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:32 PM

it appears Ms. B needs some tribal counseling.....

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:42 PM

OMG!!!!

so not touching that one!!! laugh laugh laugh

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:46 PM

The tribe asked for a virgin and we brought them Miscuit. How do you think they reacted? eek

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 02:48 PM

Prolly all gathered in a circle...

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 03:07 PM

Can you believe Russell and the immunity idols??? I wouldn't put it past him to be hiding and watching for someone to hide the darned things. I think it's gone beyond luck.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 03:08 PM

I think he should make a "fake" one and have someone find it...then when that person thinks they're getting voted out they will use it, but it will not work! laugh
Posted By: Dlynn58

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 04:05 PM

That would be great...I couldn't stand Russell when the series started, but now I think he is hilarious...and I'm actually rooting for him!
Posted By: AllSmiles

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 04:40 PM

Last nights episode was the best so far! I am happy Laura is gone. Yea Evil Russell! at first I didnt like him but now..he is truly playing the game.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 04:42 PM

The past three weeks have been SO good!

Watching the jaws drop at tribal...
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 04:46 PM

shocked

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 05:50 PM

Erik is hysterical at council; I will be interested to see how his jury questioning goes at the end.
Posted By: kms

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 08:27 PM

i like russell, he is playing the game the way it should be. He has a good mind, a little arrogant but hey he is doing what it takes to stay safe. I missed how it was a tie the first vote and not the second. Did they have it set up that way?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 10:06 PM

Yes, Russell pitched it to John in the woods.

What I haven't researched yet is why it wouldn't have been a fire-building challenge? Hasn't it lately been one of those? (Stefanie vs. Bobby Jon, Cirie vs.... somebody) Rather than the PROD. (Purple Rock of Death.)

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/20/09 10:11 PM

Ha. Found out. Firebuilding is only used in F4 or smaller. Bigger numbers than that and they go with PROD.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/22/09 08:48 AM

“I couldn't stand Russell when the series started, but now I think he is hilarious...and I'm actually rooting for him!” Me, too. He has definitely made it fun to watch!

“I am happy Laura is gone. Yea Evil Russell! at first I didnt like him but now..he is truly playing the game.” I agree.

“Erik is hysterical at council; I will be interested to see how his jury questioning goes at the end.” I think so, too!

Yeah, Shambo's a character, but I like her, too!

I think a few people have also played a decent game... Mick and Brett and Natalie, for example.

Oh, and don't forget to go to CBS.com to see behind the scenes footage and Life at Ponderosa! smile

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/22/09 01:40 PM

I can't wait to see how Russell acts if and when he gets to the Ponderosa!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/24/09 12:29 AM

So does Russel not have year have craft skills? I'm disappointed there has not been a fake immunity idol.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/24/09 02:29 PM

I have rather been expecting Russell to try a fake idol too but yeah, Dazey, I think he must just not be crafty, or surely he'd have tried it by now.

I will never ever forget the following fake idol exchange: "That's not the idol." "Why not?! It could be the idol." "It's a STICK!"
Posted By: Tillie

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/27/09 09:25 PM

What happened last night?
Posted By: Cowboys Fan

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/27/09 10:35 PM

It was a recap of the season with some "never before seen" scenes - you didn't miss anything.
Posted By: Spivol

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 11/28/09 08:10 PM

I think these shows are funny. We go to another country and deprive people food and other fundamentals for a game show. Quite the social F-up if you as me.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/02/09 06:12 PM

Spoilers for F3:

Russ, Natalie and Mick. With Mick the alleged winner. Shambo is supposedly the last Galu standing.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/02/09 06:15 PM

Do I look, do I not look!??!

eek

I don't know what to do!!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/04/09 03:14 PM

wow... another good one last night...

shambo... how can anyone be that clueless, that often???
Posted By: Miss Banker

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/04/09 03:43 PM

Ok, so they make this big huge deal about Shambo cooking the chickens and nobody was allowed to even say word one to her about them d*mn chickens, and then they didn't even say if it was worth all the attitude she gave off about it! What's up with that? Did I miss something?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/04/09 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Jay
wow... another good one last night...

shambo... how can anyone be that clueless, that often???

Go..... Russell!!!!

Seriously, he may be a jerk, but he is probably the best PLAYER I can remember in this game. He hasn't won any immunities or rewards or anything yet he is clearly in control. Not to mention finding all the hidden immunity idols without clues (ok, so he got 1 clue for the last one).

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/10/09 04:53 PM

Anyone think Russel will go tonight?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/10/09 05:07 PM

nope.
Posted By: kms

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/10/09 05:49 PM

i think he will stay, they others may start to question their safety but they haven't strategized(if this is a word) the entire game and I am not sure they would be able to get something together without it backfiring.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/10/09 06:20 PM

Unfortunately, I think he'll stay. I cannot stand him. I don't think the others are smart enough to vote him off.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/21/09 08:48 PM

Russell should have won, He did outwit, oulast and outplay the others. I knew he shhould not have taken Natalie to the finals.
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/21/09 08:50 PM

I didn't watch regularly, but I grew to really respect Russell. He was there to play a game, and that he did. He deserved to win it.

Do you think they gave it to Natalie because they hated him so much?

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/21/09 09:10 PM

I do think Russell played the best.

But he had the "I should win" attitude which I bet turned a lot of the jury off. Too cocky. Even if I think she should have won, I would not have voted for him.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/21/09 10:13 PM

I think he "played" the best most of the game, but he forgot one very important part of the game, and it cost him. He forgot that you have to make people you vote out to vote to give you the money. So, you can be a "villian", but you can't go too far or you're going to lose in the end.

In Russell's case, he was a great game player. He controlled everything, found idols without clues, and did almost everything right. Unfortunately, in doing so, he managed to offend and irritate every last member of the jury, while carrying someone else along with him that essentially did the same thing, but did it playing the game low key and letting him be the bad guy while she reaped the rewards.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/25/09 11:35 AM

I really felt Russsell deserved to win, also. He did outplay and outwit and outlast the others.

But Jaison told the jury members that Russ is already a millionaire, and I think that also gave them a reason to give the money to Natalie.

He got $100,000 though, right!?

I'm surprised Russell's not a villian on the upcoming season!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/25/09 08:17 PM

But Natalie did play the game. She laid low and hung on to Russell's coattails. She played him while he played the others.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/27/09 02:43 AM

Oh please... the only reason she came up with that 'strategy' was because Probst fed it to her... she got lucky.

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/27/09 05:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Citrus

I'm surprised Russell's not a villian on the upcoming season!

Whoops - I see that he is afterall!

Re: Survivor SAMOA - 12/27/09 06:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Oh please... the only reason she came up with that 'strategy' was because Probst fed it to her... she got lucky.

Naw, she commented several times throughout the season that her game plan was to play the quiet sidekick game and fly under the radar until the finals.