Lost!

Posted By: Snow Bunny

Lost! - 02/01/10 07:00 PM

Lost returns tomorrow for the final season. Anyone still watching? Excited? From the previews, they're obviously not going to magically appear at LAX.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 07:01 PM

I am all over this young bear!

but you do know there is a thread back there somewhere....
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 07:03 PM

who are you, the thread police?

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 07:05 PM

I know, but I'm not up for searching through pages and pages and pages of threads.

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 07:07 PM

I got my on on you two!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 07:16 PM

I'll be watching! (Eventually. I just started watching, on DVD, late this fall. I am up to season 4, about a 3rd of the way through. I am going to DVR this season and hopefully will catch up before month-end.)
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 07:22 PM

Lost? Take the next left, follow for 1/4 mile until you see Burger King. Go inside, look for bacon Boy (he'll be the guy eating the quad stacker). Ask him for directions.
Posted By: Bailey.

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:06 PM

You gonna go all the way down about half a block and you'll see a Torino with no wheels on it. Now inside that Torino is my cousin Jack, now you tell him you're my boy and you're lost and he'll make sure you get to where your goin cause you don't want to know from me man, this ain't even my neighborhood.

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:24 PM

you are a wealth of knowledge son....
Posted By: Spivol

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:33 PM

I am looking forward to it. Hopefully they will answer all the questions. I don't want them to leave the series with unanswered riddles and hooplah.

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:38 PM

ABC had released a cast photo in the style of The Last Supper. Locke is in the Jesus position, Sayid in the Judas position, Jack in the Doubting Thomas position.
Posted By: Jafo

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:42 PM

It's funny it's been so long since the last episode i can't remeber what happened. But i will watch because i have to know what the heck happens.

so now we have women apostles eh?
Posted By: Buccs

Originally Posted By: Bailey.
You gonna go all the way down about half a block and you'll see a Torino with no wheels on it. Now inside that Torino is my cousin Jack, now you tell him you're my boy and you're lost and he'll make sure you get to where your goin cause you don't want to know from me man, this ain't even my neighborhood.

We're from out of town.

No s***

Well the question is what is her religion?

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:43 PM

and wait a minute....we don't even know if Locke is alive!

ooh, he didn't arise after 3 days did he?

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:45 PM

Pale,

In the last episode Locke was 'possesed' wasn't he?

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:49 PM

yeah, Jafo there are two Lockes at the current time...

Jacob's "friend" my be possessing Locke, they should never have brought the body....

but we still don't know which of Jacob and his nemesis are the good guy(s).........

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 08:59 PM

that's right it's slowly coming back to me now.

Thanks
Posted By: Hoosierland

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Jafo
It's funny it's been so long since the last episode i can't remeber what happened. But i will watch because i have to know what the heck happens.

Jafo, I know what you mean. Last week when they showed the final episode from last season, I DVR'd so I could watch it again and try to remember what the heck was happening. All I could remember before re-watching was Juliette falling down in that big hole at the end.

I read something today saying that they will NOT answer all the questions this season, that some things will be unanswered because it is not possible to answer all of it at this point and they want to leave some "mystery."

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 09:11 PM

Interesting, I started watching the last episode online (don't have tivo) and just ran out of time and probably won't before tomorrow.

I guess if they don't answer all the questions that's okay but the darn well better answer the big ones! wink

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 09:27 PM

Like where are they and why.

Locke is dead - at least they rolled him out of the casket - and the people outside of the Boot know that. Ben looked totally confused. The Bad Guy Locke seems to have manipulated everyone.

I can't wait. I have a meeting at 7 and they will be on notice that I have to be out of there by 8:45.
Posted By: manylayers

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 09:28 PM

I can't wait to see how it all turns out...and i have complete confidence that it won't end up being something silly. They've done too much good writing so far for that....(season 3 aside)

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 09:41 PM

Yeah, it seems like the writing has been fairly consistant for a show that has so many untangibles. I hope they end it well.
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Lost! - 02/01/10 10:02 PM

[Last scene of the series:]

Skipper: Wake up, little buddy, wake up! Stop yelling!

Gilligan: Skipper, I just had the weirdest dream. . . .

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 02:23 AM

I will be so pissed!!

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 01:26 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY CAN'T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN'T HAVE WASTED SIX YEARS OF OUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Phoenix

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 05:02 PM

[last line of the series]

"Here's the food, dude."

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 05:37 PM

it's all about the benjamins....

they have no answers...it's so sad we will never know what the smoke monster is.........

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 05:41 PM

I think that is one mystery that they will solve.
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 05:43 PM

They have said that they will answer most of the questions this season.

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: *BUSTER*
They have said that they will answer most of the questions this season.

but that most will be about the people, where they go from here....who cares which one Kate chooses....

I want to know the epic questions, not the interpersonal ones...
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Funniest post of 2010...? laugh
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Pale
it's all about the benjamins....

they have no answers...it's so sad we will never know what the smoke monster is.........
I think it is the flamethrower car from the Island of Dr. No (Bond)...

Re: Lost! - 02/02/10 06:32 PM

Don't forget - when the mercenaries were coming for Ben, he released the smoke monster to get them.

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 01:11 PM

OK, so I think I understand/follow what is happening on the island, and I also think I understand/follow what is happening on the flight back to LA and once landed in LA.

But how the heck are these things happening at the same time??? Or are they not back to "present time" on the island? Granted, there are a lot of strange things in this show, which you just have to sort of accept as plausible, but how can all these people be both on the island and in LA at the same time? My brain hurts. crazy

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 01:20 PM

Haven't figured that out yet Hoosier. But according to Juliette, Jack's plan did work. One weird thing - where is Christian Shephard's body? Also, who wakes up in Sayid's body?

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: P.B.
Also, who wakes up in Sayid's body?

Maybe Jacob, back (already) to battle with the dude who is in Locke's body?

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 01:57 PM

That could be. I didn't think of that. So many things to think about.

Interesting how lousey their lives seem in LA so far. Interesting also that most of them have met; Charlie said he was supposed to die; Claire and Kate have met; was that Boone who talked to John on the plane?

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 02:56 PM

I think that was Boone...but did you notice that his sister was NOT on the plane??? I thought that was interesting.

I think (maybe??) the LA trajectory is a "what would have been" had the plane not crashed...but it seems that Jack has some recollection of people (remember that he met Desmond years before while running at the staduim)

Did anyone else find it odd that Hurley told Sawyer that nothing bad ever happens to him??? He always said that he thought he was cursed after winning the lottery. or am i just digging too much into airplane small talk??

Interesting that the smoke monster and the man in black are the same...even Ben seemed flummoxed by that ( I love that the characters are often as confused as the rest of us)

mmmm...I hadn't thought about Jacob inhabiting Saiyd.....

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 03:01 PM

I noticed that Boone's sister didn't seem to be there, but then again, there was no Claire on the plane either, but she showed up in the cab.

When Hurley said he was the luckiest guy ever, I was really surprised! If the explosion had just negated the plane crashing, it would not have changed history.

This is going to be interesting.

And what about the island being on the bottom of the ocean in the beginning scene?
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 05:15 PM

I want to find out the back-story on Richard.

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 05:16 PM

that could be interesting - and who is the man in black
Posted By: lucyc

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 05:20 PM

I think Jacob is inside Sayid's body.

I think the people on the island are in the present. Sun and the pilot were in the present and they saw the flares that were set off by the people in the temple.

It seems to me that the show is going to have parallel universes.
Posted By: Neytiri

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 05:34 PM

Alternate timeline maybe? But Jack is still dealing with his dead father and Kate is still in handcuffs. Some people's lives are essentially the same, while others are not (Hurley lucky?). Weird.

Nothing is more frustrating than watching this show with someone who has not kept up with it. My husband watches it here and there, and I spent a big part of the two hours explaining why something happened, who the characters were, etc. Awful!! I know I missed important points because I was explaining so much.

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 06:06 PM

mind fell asleep and missed the very end. Guess who he was mad at for that laugh

It was nice to see the older married couple on the plane. And Sun and Jin - Jin is not a good guy. I can't remember - what is with him and the watch?

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 07:31 PM

PB, I don't remember for sure but I think Jin had received the watch from Sun's dad, maybe for killing someone.

To those asking about Boone, it was him on the plane and he commented about his sister, saying to Locke that he went to Australia to help get her out of a bad relationship that she apparently didn't want out of. (I took that to mean that for whatever reason, the actress who originally played the sister didn't want to come back for the part this season!)

Does anyone remember why Hurley was in Australia in the first place? I was trying to put together his timeline last night because of his "lucky" comment, and couldn't remember exactly when all the really bad things started happening (aside from the numbers on the hatch. . .which won't happen if the plane doesn't crash).

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 07:40 PM

Hurley got the numbers for the lottery from a mental patient by the name of Leonard Simms. As you know, once Hurley one the lottery he had a lot of bad luck. Hurley believes the numbers are cursed so he went back to Leonard. Leonard told him he got the numbers from a guy in Australia. Hurley went to Australia hoping he would find a way to break the curse. Maybe in this alternate/parallel universe Hurley found a way to break the curse therefore stating he's "lucky".

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 07:41 PM

Hurley had all kinds of bad stuff happen in the time "before"...he won the lottery...the house he bought for his mom burned down...his chicken place was hit by a meteor or something...

i read another theory that in the "new" reality where the plane doesn't crash...it's also adjusted HOW he won the lottery...he didn't use those infamous numbers, therefore no "bad" luck.

I can't recall why he was in australia....that could be important.

P.B. I think Jin was on another "hit man" trip...and remember that Sun was planning to leave him...having him taken away in the airport might fit into her plans...maybe she even planted the cash??

we are ALL waiting for the story on Richard!!

Re: Lost! - 02/03/10 08:20 PM

Sun looked geniunely surprised by the money, and Jin was very uneasy while they were looking in his suitcase.

Sun was planning on leaving him, but I thought that was back in Korea, and the move to America was to get her away from the other man.

I really want to know who is presently inhabiting Locke's body.

One theory I read is that the pilot will be playing an important role - as he said to Sun last night, he was forced to go there, so there must be a reason.

We still have to fit Widmore and Desmond and Penny into the puzzle.

The way I'm seeing it right now is that Hurley, Desmond and the Pilot have major parts coming up.
Posted By: FBH

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 04:22 AM

At the beginning, Oceanic 815 flew over the ocean where the island was...and it was under water. Which may mean in the alternate reality where the plane lands in LAX, the island hasn't been around since 1977 - when the bomb went off.

If that's the case, the French boat never landed, the numbers were never broadcast, and Hurley may have just been lucky to get the winning Lottery numbers...Although it that wouldn't explain why he was in Australia, since he would never have known to go looking for the guy from the asylum...More questions.

I really hope the show doesn't end with "nothing" happening to flight 815, and all the Losties just go about their lives without knowing one another...That would suck.

Great beginning though...Looking forward to the next three months...
Posted By: Skunk Boy

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 03:31 PM

I just watched this last night - i'm glad for the recap, i forgot about that scene between jacob and the man in black at the beginning of the last episode of last season.

I really like the side-ways narrative - interesting to the see teh differences since they tried to 'change' the past. There were a lot of old characters i expected to see on the plane, but they were not there.

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 08:30 PM

Funny recap of character timelines
Posted By: rmarie

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 10:10 PM

Do you think Jacob is now in Sayid? When looking back at the episodes when Jacob was contacting the others, he only asked Sayid for help. When he went to see Sawyer, Kate, Jack, Hurley, Jin and sun and etc., he encouraged them. I can't remember what he told Locke, but he was there at the same time Locke fell out of the window. I think there is something to that. Also, Jacob touched everyone else. He never touched Sayid or Locke???? Hmmmmm.....makes you wonder.

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 10:11 PM

what a ball of confusion!!!

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 10:12 PM

Yes it is, but it is great fun trying to figure it out or at least give it a try.

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 10:38 PM

He did touch Locke, that is what brought Locke into 'consciousness'.

I would assume he's now Sayid - since the item in the guitar case said they had to revive Sayid or they were all in trouble.

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 10:43 PM

I guess I missed that he touched him. Thanks.

Re: Lost! - 02/04/10 10:47 PM

I don't think we should trust Jacob - he was the drunk abusive ex-husband on Dexter.

Re: Lost! - 02/10/10 02:35 PM

Thoughts on last night's episode? I can't decide whether I think the Losties' captors at the temple are good guys or bad guys. My gut says bad guys, but with this show you never know.

It was good to see Claire back. I really hope that Jin and Sun reunite soon. I will be so disappointed if that doesn't happen before the series ends.
Posted By: Kelsey D

Re: Lost! - 02/10/10 03:51 PM

I'm leaning towards believing that the temple guys are on Jacob's side, which is the good side. It seems as though the dead bodies of our friends are being "infected" by evil. Locke became evil, and the temple guys are predicting the Sayid will, too, just as Claire did. That was the most revealing thing about last night's episode. Remember when Claire's home was exploded by the mercenaries and Sawyer saved her? Did she die and then her body was taken over by evil, explaining why she wandered into the woods? Would that explain what happened to Christian Shepherd and why he is walking around the island?

Re: Lost! - 02/10/10 04:51 PM

Good theories, Kelsey. I had forgotten about Christian Shepherd, but that would make some sense, since his body was on the island and could have become "infected."

Here is one (of many!) thing I don't understand. When they brought Sayid to the temple, I believe the people at the temple said something like "if he dies, we are all in trouble." Okay, so he lived, and now you're going to give him a pill full of poison? Granted, not all poison would necessarily be fatal, but based on the dude's reaction when Jack attempted to take that pill intended for Sayid, I'm guessing this poison is fatal.
Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Re: Lost! - 02/10/10 05:11 PM

On the Claire and Christian thing, wasn't there a scene with the two of them in Jacob's shack? Can anyone refresh us on what happened there?

Re: Lost! - 02/10/10 05:25 PM

Locke, Hurley, and Ben were looking for the cabin. When they found it, Locke entered the cabin alone and met Christian Shephard, who was speaking on Jacob's behalf and had Claire with him. Christian warned Locke that the mercenaries were already on their way to the island and that the island must be moved.

Re: Lost! - 02/10/10 05:37 PM

Thanks Kelsey!
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Lost! - 02/11/10 01:35 PM

I thought people thought Jacob is in Sayid. So now we know that is not the case?
Posted By: Bankster

Re: Lost! - 02/11/10 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
Good theories, Kelsey. I had forgotten about Christian Shepherd, but that would make some sense, since his body was on the island and could have become "infected."

Here is one (of many!) thing I don't understand. When they brought Sayid to the temple, I believe the people at the temple said something like "if he dies, we are all in trouble." Okay, so he lived, and now you're going to give him a pill full of poison? Granted, not all poison would necessarily be fatal, but based on the dude's reaction when Jack attempted to take that pill intended for Sayid, I'm guessing this poison is fatal.

Based on Kelsey's theory which is a good one, they were afraid that Sayid would die, and then become infected by this evil (which may be what happens to everyone that dies on the island), which is what they think happened. Remember that Sayid failed 'the test'-- I'm guessing that either the hot poker wasn't hot, or the electric shock wasn't really electric shock, and he was just acting like it was painful. Or, none of this could be right, as usual.

Re: Lost! - 02/11/10 02:28 PM

lots more peeps have died on the island, yet they are all not zombies....

maybe it would be too expensive to bring everyone back
Posted By: Aggs

Re: Lost! - 02/11/10 02:34 PM

See, it makes sense to me that in the alternative reality where the plane doesn't crash some things are different - Shannon never left with Boone, Hurley is lucky instead of feeling like he's cursed... Since the bomb went off in 1977, none of the events that would have happened since that time (if the island still existed) would have happened. But some people weren't affected by the island before the crashed on it - so Jin and Sun still have an unhappy marriage, Locke is still paralyzed, etc.

But honestly, all the time travel/alternate universe/parallel universe stuff makes my brain hurt laugh

And I still think Rose and Bernard are the cutest!

Re: Lost! - 02/11/10 03:25 PM

Loved that Mac (from Always Sunny in Philadelphia) had a bit role in the episode. I was waiting for him to rip off his sleeves and do some karate chops in the jungle.

I liked the 'alternate' reality with Kate and Claire... did anyone read the article about how the 'alternate' reality and the 'reality' are not really supposed to tie together? I read that they may tie together in the final episode, but for now you are just supposed to recognize the differences in the characters lives.

Kelsey, that's an interesting theory about the 'evil infection'.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 09:19 AM

Last night's episode - in true LOST fashion - answered some questions but opened up a whole lot more.

In the Sideflash, does Locke remind anyone of Charlie Brown?

Jacob and his nemesis - Essau anyone?

It will be interesting to see if the series answers all of the questions - I don't really see how they can, but there better not be some dammed giant alien spider at the botton of all this!

(Still haven't forgiven Steven King for "It.")

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 01:06 PM

I'm completely loosing it......I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT LOST WAS ON LAST NIGHT!

Recap please.....

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 01:22 PM

the hour was spent on Locke's sad sack life in a wheel chair as he comes across more of the flight's passengers...and the smoke monster in his cave by the sea....

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 01:30 PM

Too much to recap lvc - watch tonight on the computer.

Did you notice that bad-locke threw out the light colored stone from the balance scale - an obvious Jacob thing.

I love the young boy. I wonder if he's a young Jacob? Kind of resembles Jacob. Interesting that Richard can't see the boy but Sawyer can.

I liked real-locke running into Ben, and then he had a strange smile on his face after he did. They are all connecting with each other back in LA.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 01:34 PM

Pale - I thought they were showing things getting better for Locke in the wheelchair. Yes, he gets fired, but meets Hugo (who's looking good) in the parking lot, then meets Rose who makes him realize that you have to accept your life and live the best you can. Then he gets the teaching job and meets Ben (funny that Ben is ordering everyone around).

So far, Locke and Hugo are the central characters in LA.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 01:57 PM

wait... they are off the island now?

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 02:00 PM

dual story lines JJ. In one, they are on the island and dealing with the smoke monster in Locke's body. In the other, they never exploded and made it back to LA and are all meeting each other and having an effect on each other's lives.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 02:08 PM

I am so glad I never got past the first 15 minutes of the first episode.... crazy

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 02:28 PM

Ben in the LA school system, that explains a lot!

Using biblical brothers, a closer pair might be Cain and Able, rather than Jacob and Esau.
Posted By: MHuff

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 03:22 PM

I thought about the Jacob/Esau possibility, but had not thought about Cain/Able. That's interesting. Or maybe it's God and satan with a Garden of Eden twist. Like the serpent, Evil Locke is tempting them with the promise to answer all questions that Jacob wouldn't answer.

I noticed that Kate's name was not included in the cave. Only Jack, Hurley, Sayid, Sun/Jin, Sawyer, and Locke.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 03:25 PM

Does the young boy represent an even higher power on the island, one that has set the rules for Jacob and newLocke?

Lana knows stuff, I couldn't believe Ben didn't just start peppering her with questions.

Did they show Kate's name in the cave? I missed it.

Ben as a teacher, was perfect.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 03:27 PM

It seemed that the choices presented to Sawyer were bogus....and I'm curious to whom the boy is referring when he says to Locke Monster that "you know the rules, you can't kill him"...is it Sawyer or perhaps "infected" Sayid??

I like that many of the island people serve the same function off the island...it sort of helps you see why they are there.

Interesting that Jacob did seem to be selecting people to come to the island...maybe there really isn't a good/evil bend to this story as much as it is about balance???

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 03:30 PM

[quote=DSchrute]

Did they show Kate's name in the cave? I missed it.

quote]

No, her name was not there. They used the 6 names along with the 6 numbers.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 03:49 PM

I was wondering if there was a meaning behind the numbers. Duh! ::hits head:: I should have know that there was.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 04:40 PM

but why these numbers associated with these people?

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:05 PM

It will mean something.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:08 PM

I will wait, if you had a number Pooh it would be triple digits, just sayin'...

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:15 PM

I thought it was interesting that Kate's name wasn't shown in the cave, too.

When they showed Locke in the teacher's lounge, why was Ben there? I just found that interesting. If the plane didn't crash, obviously if affected all the passengers and their future lives. But Ben was already on the island (for years) when the plane crashed, so wouldn't he still be on the island?

I really hope Sawyer doesn't get killed!

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:19 PM

I have never been a fan of Sawyer or Shepherd, they both are full of drama...

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:20 PM

If the island blew up, Ben never would have been on the island with Dharma.

Did they ever show Kate having an encounter with Jacob? I don't recall.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:24 PM

Weren't the Dharma's evacuating the island before the bomb was detonated? Perhaps little Ben was evacuated???? Anything that happened on the island after the bomb, ie. the plane crash, never happened.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:40 PM

Yes, I believe Kate (as a child) was stealing something from a convenience store, and Jacob paid for the item when she got caught.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:40 PM

Yes, I believe Kate (as a child) was stealing something from a convenience store, and Jacob paid for the item when she got caught.

Yep, I was just going to say that.
Posted By: straw

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: manylayers
It seemed that the choices presented to Sawyer were bogus....and I'm curious to whom the boy is referring when he says to Locke Monster that "you know the rules, you can't kill him"...is it Sawyer or perhaps "infected" Sayid??

I like that many of the island people serve the same function off the island...it sort of helps you see why they are there.

Interesting that Jacob did seem to be selecting people to come to the island...maybe there really isn't a good/evil bend to this story as much as it is about balance???

I thought the boy was referring to Jacob

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 05:59 PM

That's right. Forgot about that.

If Dharma was on the island before it blew up - and they were, because they were drilling - when did Ben show up - pre-drilling or post-drilling.

Every time the Losties encounter one another, they seem to have some type of recognition, as though they know the person, but can't quite place them.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 06:44 PM

so is this show just an example of deja vu?

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Compliance Rookie
Or maybe it's God and satan with a Garden of Eden twist. Like the serpent, Evil Locke is tempting them with the promise to answer all questions that Jacob wouldn't answer.

Well the serpent did tempt Adam and Eve with the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Oh man - that does not bode well..., after all, when Adam and Eve achieved knowledge, their lives went to [censored] in a handbasket - literally. So what does that mean for us thirsting for the answers to all of the Lost Questions?
Posted By: Starter

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 08:11 PM

I think that the "smoke" is the evil on the island and it goes into whatever person it sees as being the one in charge and the one that all of the people trust - Jacob was once the smoke and the smoke was Jacob - Now, Locke is the smoke and the smoke has taken on the form of John Locke - the only reason that John Locke's dead body is in the coffin on the island is because it was brought back from the future, therefore, the real John Locke is being infected with the smoke -

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 08:11 PM

That's right. Forgot about that.

If Dharma was on the island before it blew up - and they were, because they were drilling - when did Ben show up - pre-drilling or post-drilling.

Every time the Losties encounter one another, they seem to have some type of recognition, as though they know the person, but can't quite place them.

I believe Ben got there about the time of the drilling, so he would have been on the island when the bomb went off.

Wasn't it Ben's dad that shot Sayid?

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 08:15 PM

Yes, I think it was Ben's dad who shot Sayid.

Re: Lost! - 02/17/10 08:49 PM

Didn't Ben get on the submarine when they were evacuating the island before the bomb?

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 03:10 PM

So who watched Lost last night? Is Claire going to go kill everyone in the temple? Once you get infected do you go under Locke/smoke monster's control and do evil things? I totally missed that Jack had a son in prior seasons.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 03:22 PM

I don't think they ever revealed to us in prior seasons that Jack had a son. What was up with his surgery scar from his appendectomy? Juliet took his appendix out on the island in season 4.

I think there's a bettle brewing. In a prior season, Miles was grabbed and thrown into a van by the same men who were killed by the smoke monster this season. In the van, they told him that a war was coming, and if he worked with Naomi, who was recruiting him for Widmore, he’d be on the wrong side. It looks as though the man in black is in Locke, and evil has consumed Christian, Claire, and soon Sayid. If sweet Claire can become that wild, imagine what Sayid will be like!

Who do you think Jacob is trying to bring to the island, or was that all a hoax to get Jack to see that he's important and get him away fromt he temple? I'm betting that evil Locke and Claire are headed towards the temple, and that's why Jacob had to get the "candidates" away.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 03:28 PM

Interesting tidbit...

Jacob said to turn the dial to 108. 108 is the sum of the six numbers. Also, last night's episode was the 108th. Did anyone catch what name was on the dial at 108? Was it Wallace?

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 03:44 PM

Didn't get to see what name it was.

I think Locke and Claire will be going to the temple. But the only one left there is Sayid? Correct? Jack and Hurley are at the lighthouse, Sawyer's out--and is Locke's first candidate; Kate's out looking for Sawyer; Jin is out.

It's funny that Claire does not remember that she left the Losties and Aaron.

Jacob drew Hurley and Jack away so that they would survive what happens at the temple.

Can't wait until next week. I'm guessing there won't be many (if any) answers, no matter what they advertise.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 03:59 PM

But Jin is with Claire who is heading to the temple. And Sun is headed to the temple. The cave said the name Kwon and did not specify if it was Jin or Sun or both who is the candidate. And Sawyer is a candidate and he is with Locke/smoke monster. So are Hurley and Jack the top candidates?

What is the signifigance of the woman putting Jacob's ashes in the baggie?
Posted By: swiggles

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 04:05 PM

and then there was....no surprise......the Asian "temple man" whose son was also a musician auditioning at the conservatory where Jack's son was auditioning.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 04:27 PM

My husband didn't like when the Asian man showed up.

I find it interesting that they are all having some type of recognition of the others from the island. They don't know what it is, but they know it's something.

Even though Jin is with Claire, I don't think he's in any shape to travel on that leg.

There seem to be two types of candidates/recuits. Jacob's candidates and Bad Locke's recruits.

Jacob told Hurley that there is something that Jack needs to do. That's why he lured him to the lighthouse.

It was never mentioned before that Jack had a son. I also thought that Locke and his girlfriend had broken up before he left for Australia. It seems like the island blowing up has changed the 'real world'. Hurley thinks he's lucky and is accomplished in business; Jack has a son; Boone's sister did not return on the plane - and interesting that they found one of her inhalers last night.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 04:28 PM

They have now branded Claire and Sayid - mark of the devil?

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 04:52 PM

Boone's sister did not return on the plane.

There may be no significance to Boone's sister not being there, or they may write an explanation into the storyline. Rumor has it that the actress wasn't able to come back for this season, or so I heard from someone who knows someone who knows her and says that she's not in a condition to return to the show.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 04:57 PM

6+6+6 = 18

put a 0 in between 1 and 8 and you get 108....

Baconboy taught me how to do this.....

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 04:59 PM

Impressive!

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 05:20 PM

they had better hurry with some answers, people's interest is dropping off

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 05:56 PM

I don't think Jack had a son before. The alternate timeline/storyline is different from the regular timeline i.e. Jack saying he had an appendectomy at 8 when he had one on the island.

I think this whole thing is good v. evil, with damaged people being brought to the island to find redemption or death.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 06:04 PM

But what's with the candidates and recruits?

Could it be like the temptation in the desert?

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 06:11 PM

that is what I am thinking. The whole underlying conflict has been faith vs reason. I think in order to be healed, they need to gain/regain faith.

The temptation is wanting to gain knowledge that they are forbidden from. If they cannot resist the temptation, they are doomed. If they resist the temptation and have faith, they will be healed.

Just my opinion FWIW. I am sure it will be wrong. I remember when Battlestar Galactica was drawing to a close, I was so excited to finally learn all the secrets and the actual answers were so much less compelling than the possibilities were. I fear the same thing will happen with Lost.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 10:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Dazed Auditor
But Jin is with Claire who is heading to the temple. And Sun is headed to the temple. The cave said the name Kwon and did not specify if it was Jin or Sun or both who is the candidate. And Sawyer is a candidate and he is with Locke/smoke monster. So are Hurley and Jack the top candidates?

What is the signifigance of the woman putting Jacob's ashes in the baggie?

The ashes are a protection from the smoke monster. Remember when Evil Locke turned into the smoke monster, one of the men sprinkled ashes around himself and was protected until he fell or somehow got outside of the circle and then was killed. The people at the temple sprinkled ashes around its perimeter, too, when they found out Jacob was dead.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 11:42 PM

My friend and I have discussed the numbers many times over the years and theorized that they were the main players' seat numbers/row numbers on the Oceanic plane. Jack was sitting in first class, so he'd have a low number (4), etc. Now that we've seen on the cave wall that Locke is 4 and Jack was 23... Locke wasn't seated in first class... our little pet theory doesn't hold water. I know that Damon Lindelof (one of the writers of the show) once said, "we may never really know what the numbers mean" and took a lot of flack for it afterward by angry fans. Since then, none of the writers (to the best of my knowledge) have commented publicly on whether or not we'll find out precisely waht is the deal with the numbers.

I need answers!!! I would be completely unable to resist temptation in straw's theory, so I'd be doomed! laugh Last night's show was very enjoyable, all but that one moment when Claire... well I won't be a spoiler, but eeeeewwwww yuck I actually squirmed in my chair and squeaked a little bit. Ick.

Re: Lost! - 02/24/10 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: straw
I remember when Battlestar Galactica was drawing to a close, I was so excited to finally learn all the secrets and the actual answers were so much less compelling than the possibilities were. I fear the same thing will happen with Lost.

Agree about Battlestar. I also felt the exact same way about The X Files... I always wanted more definitive... something! After putting in all that time watching, thinking about it, wondering... discussing the "mythology" of it... so many possibilities and so little disappointing "definite" anything in the end. Ugh. Very unsatisfying. But then, I feel the same way about History Channel's current show "Mysteryquest". I really want them to solve the Loch Ness Monster question once and for all! laugh And Bigfoot! And the Jersey Devil! My 3rd grade religious ed teacher told me that in heaven, all my questions would be answered. I sure hope I get there and that her theory was true! laugh Otherwise, will I be bummed!!!! Whew wink

Re: Lost! - 02/25/10 10:51 AM

We see through a glass darkly now, but the writers better clear this up and fast!

Re: Lost! - 02/25/10 01:27 PM

Comp Rookie - I believe what he spread around himself was gun powder. They have used that in the past to keep something away. Ben and Good John found a circle of gunpowder around the cabin when Ben originally took John there.

Re: Lost! - 02/25/10 01:33 PM

Jersey has a devil?

Re: Lost! - 02/25/10 03:49 PM

I thought the episode was really good. I am hoping that it ends just as well too.

Re: Lost! - 02/25/10 04:15 PM

I loved the reflections in the lighthouse mirrors.

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 03:14 PM

I just finished Season 5 last night and will start 6 this week. I was curious about the Egyptian statue that is shown in the last couple of episodes (all that is left is the foot by the time the Oceanic 815 crew arrives.) So I looked it up and found some stuff that is definitely interesing....

The crocodile headed god is Sobek. One of his hieroglyphs is a single foot.

In Egyptian lore, Sobek created the world from chaos.

He is the repairer of evil, rather than being a force for good on his own.

He calls on other gods & goddesses to protect or help people, rather than taking an active role. (I think we really see this brought into play with Desmond, for example. Possibly might explain Richard's role too.)

Sobek shown with the ankh (which the statue has in its hand, when it is whole) symbolizes Sobek's ability to undo evil & cure ills. (Obvious ramifications - Locke, Rose)

I think the use of Sobek was very carefully planned by the creators of this show.

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 03:32 PM

Very interesting, EGB, thanks for sharing! laugh I'll have to copy this and send to my hubby. We're obsessed with this show. LOL

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 03:36 PM

What's also interesting is that Sobek is described as "God of Crocodiles, Power, Protection and Fertility"

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/sobeka.htm

Fertility on the island has been a key factor - the sole reason Juliet (a fertility expert) was recruited. Hmmm....

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 04:08 PM

Isn't it interesting that the Hebrew name Jacob means to grasp by the heel and Lost's Jacob was living in the heel of this Sobek type statue.

So if Jacob is some type of Sobek, what is the antagonist/Locke/smoke monster type role?

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 04:13 PM

perhaps Apep....who tried to stop the sun from coming up each morning...

Apep is the personification of darkness, evil, and chaos. Occasionally, the battle was decided in his favor, causing a solar eclipse, but his victories were of short duration for Re always triumphed in the end. Eventually, Apep was slain by Re, who cut up his body and burned it. The Greeks referred to him as Apophis.

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 04:25 PM

Interesting that Jacob was cut up and his body was burned. My wife thinks that maybe Jacob is the evil one and smokey is really the good one. I doubt that but it would be another interesting twist.

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 05:16 PM

Agnessa, good catch on the fertility issue, I missed that the first time through!

Straw, you know, the way sides keep changing, I don't know that you can really say one is good and one is bad. I think there are elements of both in each side (just like human nature.) I certainly felt like Season 5 showed a more favorable side of Whidmore and his teams as it went on.

I'm not sure we know enough yet about "Esau" / false Locke to assign him a true name.

I need to go through and sort out all the Biblical references at some point too - there are so many.

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 05:17 PM

Straw, I have wondered the same thing, especially because weaselly Ben took his orders from Jacob, and Ben was/is far from a "good guy." I do think Jacob is the good one now, but it would be just like the writers of this show to throw in a huge twist like that, right here at the end of the series.

Re: Lost! - 03/01/10 05:44 PM

I'm going to have serious withdrawals when this show is over. I love shows that really make me think.

Although I have to say that the whole time travel/alternative universe/parallel universe stuff makes my brain hurt crazy

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 01:50 PM

I hope that Sayid doesn't turn out to be truly evil. . .but he is one of my favorites, anyway.

I have lost track, where is Sawyer? Did he leave his house to go with Bad Locke, or not?

I wish they would go ahead and reunite Sun and Jin. I am getting impatient about that!

I really thought Kate was in trouble when she threw that ladder down to Claire last night. Claire said if Kate took Aaron, she would kill her. I thought, well, here's her chance.

I have been trying to recall exactly who the Smoke Monster had killed in previous seasons. The only character I remember for sure (but don't remember his name) is the big guy who came from somewhere in Africa, and was maybe a pastor (or professing to be one). I am just wondering if there is any significance to who the monster went after in the past, knowing what we do now about the monster.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 01:56 PM

The monster/bad Locke went after everyone last night. Do you think Kate has actually been recuited? She's got a funny look on her face, but not quite the same as Sayid and Claire.

Sounds like next week Ben bites the dust. (and I won't be home cry ) Will be watching as soon as it is available on ABC.com.

Seems like the pilot is going to have an important part in this. Glad that Sun knows about Jin, but where is Jin? Still back at Claire's camp?

Do you think the reason Sayid couldn't kill Locke is because Locke spoke to Sayid first?

Smoke Monster killed Mr. Ekko - African Dude, former drug guy, pretending to be a minister.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 02:06 PM

I don't think Ben will actually die next week. But, who can tell with this show!

Yes, I think the reason Sayid couldn't kill Bad Locke is because he spoke first.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 02:09 PM

It will be interesting to see how this ends. There has to be a reason why the woman who brought John's body to the foot took some of Jacob's ashes.

And where is Richard? He has vanished lately.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 02:11 PM

Where is Jacob, Sawyer, the doc, Jin...

so many questions....

Ben really has taken a back seat to the action...

Did dead Locke promise to bring back Nadia for Sayid?

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 02:18 PM

The hardest thing about this show is that from week to week characters get set aside to advance other parts of the story. I have to remind myself that while it's been WEEKS for me...they are on the other side of the island, doing whatever they are doing.

I too am anxious about the Sun and Jin storyline..

I'm not sure that Sayid COULD kill fake Locke....and Dogen knew it. I think fake Locke was honest when he said that Sayid was sent there on a suicide mission, bit it's not going to turn out that way.

The whole story seems to be about balance..i'm not sure that either side is entirely good or evil...and i think both Jacob and Smokey serve their on interests....and we perceive one to be better than the other...that being said...i have a hard time accepting that mass murder is ever a good thing!

Kate serves only herself...i don't think she's on anyone's side.

Pale, I am not sure what fake locke promised...but that is exactly what sayid heard.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 02:22 PM

He promised that Sayid could have her back........and in LA, he does.

What about Sayid in LA. Interesting.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 02:24 PM

My theories on your many questions...

Do you think Kate has actually been recuited? - No. She looks awfully confused.

I have lost track, where is Sawyer? - He's been recruited by evil Locke, but I didn't see him last night. Was he with that group at the end.

Do you think the reason Sayid couldn't kill Locke is because Locke spoke to Sayid first? - No. I think that Dogen knew Sayid couldn't kill him. He just wanted him to attempt to before evil Locke spoke, hoping that the smoke monster would kill him first. Dogen knew that if Locke spoke to Sayid, he'd be able to recruit him. His plan backfired.

Did dead Locke promise to bring back Nadia for Sayid? - I'm certain of that. He's full of promises, and there's nothing Sayid would want more than to have Nadia.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 04:57 PM

I think the smoke monster also killed the original pilot, and Kimi (sp?) the commando guy that we saw last night in the side-flash.

Sayid has an evil look in his eye, and I think Dogen knew he had to have him killed. I'm guessing that if he had killed Sayid himself, that would have nullified his 'deal', thereby killing his son. Sayid showed that he will do what it takes to protect his family, so I assume his 'deal' had to do with Nadia or his brother's family.

I love this show, even though I have no idea what is going on.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DSchrute
I love this show, even though I have no idea what is going on.

LOL! So true. My husband has a tendency to fall asleep on the couch in the evenings, and I am always trying to wake him up so I don't have to explain everything that he has missed during this show. Last night, to my amazement, he actually stayed awake for the whole thing, but he told me, "I still don't know anything, so I should've just gone to sleep!"

All I know is that there is sure a lot left to resolve in 10 measly episodes!

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 05:11 PM

and as is typical with this show, there will be a lot more questions, before there are answers.

DSchrute - I thought one of the polar bears killed the orignal pilot. The smoke monster killed the mercenaries who came for Ben.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 05:14 PM

I think the smoke monster also killed the original pilot, and Kimi (sp?) the commando guy that we saw last night in the side-flash.

I'm not sure about the pilot because I don't think I ever saw the first couple episodes, but I know that Ben killed Keamy (sp?) to avenge his daughter's death. Killing him made the freighter explode.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 05:39 PM

that Kimi commando dude dies everywhere he goes....

on the island by Ben...

in the parallel universe by Sayid....

he has no future, kinda like that show coming back where everyone sees a few seconds of the future...

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 08:16 PM

Wonder if Dogen is who the kid was referring to when he told Fake Locke "You can't kill him" and that's why Fake Locke got Sayed to do it instead. This makes Sayed more and more like Ben with every episode.

Re: Lost! - 03/03/10 09:53 PM

did you guys notice the different deals? Jacob made Dogen promise to move to the island and never see his son again (sacrifice). Locke promised Sayed he would fulfill all his dreams.

Re: Lost! - 03/05/10 10:31 PM

Funny recaps (may contain spoilers)

http://hollywooddame.com/category/lost/

Also - episode #9 should give us Richard's back story. Finally.

And Ana Lucia is coming back. But Libby is not (supposedly she was mad they killed her off.)

Re: Lost! - 03/08/10 08:00 PM

So this weekend I started making a list of all the Biblical names of characters, just out of curiosity. I'm still kind of playing with that, but I also started thinking about philosophers, because of the John Locke / Jeremy Bentham character. Of course Rousseau occurred to me right away, but I did a little research - look at all the philosophers who come into play:

* Mikhail Bakunin - Mikhail is the Russian Other who mans the communication station (and who survives his brain being fried and turns up in the jungle when Desmond, Hugo, etc. rescue Naomi.) It is also the name of a Russian Revolutionary anarchist philosopher.

* Jeremy Bentham - John Locke's alter-ego. Bentham was a student of the philosopher John Locke's; he was quite progressive and believed in separation of church & state, equal rites for women, etc. He also designed a prison called the Panopticon, which apparently looks a lot like the map of the Dharma facilities that appears on the blast doors when John is trapped under them in the Hatch.

Anthony Cooper - John Locke's father. In real life, the mentor / patron of philosopher John Locke. Credits Locke for saving his life from a liver infection.

Desmond Hume - middle name David. David Hume was a Scottish philosopher who was heavily influenced by John Locke. Believed all events are causally determined.

John Locke - The philosopher believed strongly in the relationship of nature & civilization; big believer in the social contract theory.

Rousseau - Danielle in the show; Jean Philippe is the philosopher. Philosopher most often associated with the idea of the "Noble Savage."

Richard Alpert - Philosopher aka Baba Ram Dass - a contemporary spiritual teacher heavily associated with Timothy Leary.

Interesting, no?

Re: Lost! - 03/08/10 08:22 PM

Very interesting.

Re: Lost! - 03/08/10 09:02 PM

Adding another - Dogen - founder or principal philosopher in Zen.

Re: Lost! - 03/08/10 09:18 PM

I hope we have invested these past 6 years on more than just the ying and yang....

I was hoping for some insight into predestination or something...

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By: E.G.B.
So this weekend I started making a list of all the Biblical names of characters, just out of curiosity. I'm still kind of playing with that, but I also started thinking about philosophers, because of the John Locke / Jeremy Bentham character. Of course Rousseau occurred to me right away, but I did a little research - look at all the philosophers who come into play:

* Mikhail Bakunin - Mikhail is the Russian Other who mans the communication station (and who survives his brain being fried and turns up in the jungle when Desmond, Hugo, etc. rescue Naomi.) It is also the name of a Russian Revolutionary anarchist philosopher.

* Jeremy Bentham - John Locke's alter-ego. Bentham was a student of the philosopher John Locke's; he was quite progressive and believed in separation of church & state, equal rites for women, etc. He also designed a prison called the Panopticon, which apparently looks a lot like the map of the Dharma facilities that appears on the blast doors when John is trapped under them in the Hatch.

Anthony Cooper - John Locke's father. In real life, the mentor / patron of philosopher John Locke. Credits Locke for saving his life from a liver infection.

Desmond Hume - middle name David. David Hume was a Scottish philosopher who was heavily influenced by John Locke. Believed all events are causally determined.

John Locke - The philosopher believed strongly in the relationship of nature & civilization; big believer in the social contract theory.

Rousseau - Danielle in the show; Jean Philippe is the philosopher. Philosopher most often associated with the idea of the "Noble Savage."

Richard Alpert - Philosopher aka Baba Ram Dass - a contemporary spiritual teacher heavily associated with Timothy Leary.

Interesting, no?

Check out this website that talks about the significance of the number 108

http://www.swamij.com/108.htm

Interesting indeed!

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 06:48 AM

This webiste has an interesting theory about how LOST will end:

http://lostonabc.webs.com/guesses.htm

Essentially, the "Flash Sideways" are real ending of the series that we are watching as the Island episodes lead up to the events that will transform their lives to the Sideways episodes.

Maybe there will be a sort of All is One and One is All explanation/apocalypse/revelation/continuation. As long as there isn't some stupid alien spider thingy at the bottom of all of this, I'll be happy!

(Curse you IT miniseries!)

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 01:30 PM

Did anyone else start to sympathize with Ben last night?

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 01:40 PM

I did for about a second and then thought the lady with the gun (I can't remember her name) should shoot him or he would shoot her in the back. After all Ben has done, I am not ready to trust him.

Where are Sawyer and Jin?

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 02:08 PM

Lost almost never covers all the characters in one episode...but with the addition of Hurley, Jack, and Alpert to the beach...it does seem that sides are forming.

Interesting choice made by Ben....I think that is an important turn in the story.

The side story also gives some insight into Ben's true nature...I think he might turn out to be a "good guy"

Will the Kwons be reunited next week???

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 02:27 PM

I agree with Dazed Auditor, I sympathized for a second but I was sure Ben would shoot that lady in the back. Maybe he will in fact turn out to be a "good guy" but I am not ready to go there yet!

And I sure hope the Kwons will be reunited soon! But since we last saw Jin with Claire, I am guessing he is on the other island at the Hydra station, where Bad Locke is gathering his forces. Could be a while before we see that reunion! I was glad to hear the lady on the beach tell Sun that she wanted to find Jin too, to "protect him"--maybe that will speed up the reunion!

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 05:32 PM

It seems that the people lining-up on the Jacob/faith side are having more positive experiences in their side-flashes. Real Locke was faithful to Jacob and in his flash he is finding his niche as a teacher and he has his girlfriend. Jack is developing a good relationship with his son. Ben makes the honorable choice and chooses to help his daughter over power for himself. Hurley isn't cursed.

Whereas, Sayid chose the dark side, and while Nadia is still alive, he can't have her as she is married to his brother.

Just when you think you are going to get answers from Ben, Richard, or Lana, you find out that they really don't know all that much. Very frustrating.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 05:35 PM

Did Richard come to the island on that old ship wreck?

I did kind of bond with Ben when he chose not to align himself with Locke...he was so pitiful when he confessed no one would have him.....

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 05:50 PM

Did Richard come to the island on that old ship wreck?

That's what I said when he was in the ship and said something like "This is the first time I've ever been back." I told my husband that I bet he sailed on that ship. I am looking forward to finally getting Richard's story. I thought his comment about Jacob touching you really being a curse was interesting.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 05:52 PM

If that's Richard's story....kinda reminds me of the Highlander (TV series)....if any of you were addicted to that off the wall series.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 06:18 PM

I did find it touching when Ben said no one will have me and Lana said I will. Then I was surprised he did not shoot her or beat her to death. Ben may turn out to be a good guy but he has done too much bad stuff to jump to that conclusion.

So is Claire going to kill Kate? She said she would if she found out Kate had taken Aaron.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 06:42 PM

Mocke made a comment to Richard a couple episodes back about how it was nice to see him (R) not in chains. I'm looking forward to finding out more about that (episode #9 is supposed to be Richard's back story. I hope they tell us what brand of eyeliner he uses, that stuff does NOT come off. Unless maybe it's permanent makeup.)

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 06:50 PM

Maybe they all need to face their demons on the island to become the people the need/want to be in reality.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 07:28 PM

I really want to know more about Richard. Seems like he has been around forever but we know nothing about him.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 07:29 PM

And he clearly has some power - but is never The Leader.

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 09:52 PM

who are the 6 that are being considered as a replacement for Jacob? ......hurley, jack, the jins....?????????

and who is making this decision on the "winner"?

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 09:55 PM

Sayid and Sawyer's names were written in that cave, weren't they? Maybe they are the remaining 2 candidates, although obviously Sayid has gone over to the dark side now. I don't remember seeing Kate's name. . .but then, who can keep all this straight???? (Not me!)

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 09:55 PM

Those listed on the cave wall and touched by Jacob:

Kate
Sawyer
Jack
Hurley
Sun / Jin (only the name Kwon listed on the wall, could be either as both were touched by Jacob at their wedding)
Sayid
Posted By: uncle_milty_too

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 10:45 PM

I thought the sixth name was Locke, and that kate was not listed on the wall

Re: Lost! - 03/10/10 11:19 PM

Kate was not listed on the wall.

Re: Lost! - 03/11/10 04:42 PM

Locke was on the wall, but his name was crossed off.
Posted By: joyfulone

Re: Lost! - 03/11/10 05:07 PM

If anyone is interested, Jorge Garcia (Hurley) and his girlfriend have a podcast called Geronimo Jacks Beard. They release it every Wednesday and they recorded them when they got the scripts for each episode. Yesterday's had guest Michael Emmerson. It's really interesting how much the cast doesn't know what is going on with the show.

You can get it on Itunes and they have a Facebook page and a Blog on Blogspot.com.

Re: Lost! - 03/11/10 05:17 PM

it would be something if Sun and Jin end up being the new Jacob and the new "man in black"

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 12:13 PM

So who watched it last night? Any thoughts on what Sawyer's game plan is? If I were Kate, I would still keep an eye on Claire.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 12:20 PM

agreed. I don't believe Claire at all.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 12:20 PM

I watched and was frustrated at the lack (again) of "answers." However, any episode with Sawyer with his shirt off is a great episode in my book!!!

I agree about Kate and Claire, in fact when Claire approached Kate in the woods to apologize and hugged her, I thought, "Kate, she is going to pull that rifle right off your shoulder and shoot you." After Claire attacked Kate and Sayid failed to help, I really expected to see a confrontation between Kate and Sayid.

I loved that Sawyer's "safe word" in the hotel scene at the beginning was "LeFleur" (or however you spell that).

Gotta say, I do enjoy episodes where the focus is NOT on Jack. I am tired of him.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 12:59 PM

I thought it was interesting that Sawyer's alternate reality has him being a cop.

We have not seen that much of Jack this season. I can't wait until next week when we will supposedly learn more about Richard.

Does Kate know that Locke is really not Locke? Everyone else seems to know but I can't remember if she knows.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:03 PM

I've never loved Jack. He's too know-it-all, superiority complex for my taste.

I am definitely waiting to hear more about Richard.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:12 PM

But Jack is cute.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:13 PM

Ew. He is definitely not cute.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:23 PM

but he is a surgeon, and that counts for a lot!

bring on Richard!!

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:26 PM

Ummmmmm......Sawyer.......had to keep the tissues handy to catch the drool. But boy howdy! I'd sure hate to have him mad at me. He does a really fine "mean face."

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:28 PM

Gag. (edited - not at Sawyer, swiggles, at Jack the almighty knowitall surgeon.)

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 02:39 PM

Gag. (edited - not at Sawyer, swiggles, at Jack the almighty knowitall surgeon.)
You must be a guy........ wink

P.S. ...posted before I saw your edit......I thought your comment was either about me drooling or the fact that you don't like Sawyer.

I don't find Jack attractive by physical characteristics or by character in Lost.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 03:07 PM

Um, definitely not a guy. Sawyer is up there but I am Team Desmond myself.

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 03:11 PM

Um, definitely not a guy. Sawyer is up there but I am Team Desmond myself.

I agree........I definitely would NOT kick him out of bed for eating crackers. blush

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 03:42 PM

It was nice to see Charlotte again...Love those redheads! The Aussie accent is a bonus!

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 03:47 PM

Liked seeing Charlotte too.

So they've brought back Widmore. When does Desmond show up? He's supposed to be one of the keys to this.

Have to assume that the pilot is there to fly them off the island.
Posted By: KC Danimal

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 03:53 PM

Did anyone else think Zoey was Tina Fey?

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 04:17 PM

Is anyone else tired of the "Who will Kate pick" nonsense? I haven't cared about who she ends up with from the beginning. Plus, now that it seems that Sawyer was head over heels in love with Juliet and she was "the one" for him, I have a hard time caring about Kate's romantic preference. Sawyer was meant to be with Juliet, darn it! laugh

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: KC Danimal
Did anyone else think Zoey was Tina Fey?

No - she was in "Singles" the 20-something love comedy from the grunge scene 90s Seattle. I think her character's name was Debbie. It was weird, I haven't seen her in anything other than that movie, and I recognized her right away!

Re: Lost! - 03/17/10 05:10 PM

Wasn't the actress that played Zoey also in LA Law?

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:26 PM

I thought last night's episode was great. Did anyone catch the bible verse that Richard was reading?

Let the discussion begin.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:34 PM

No - what was it?

Agree - great episode. So we now know for sure that the man in black is the black smoke, and that he is 'evil' in the world. Also that the island seems to be the entrance to our world from the underworld/[censored], and as long as Jacob was alive, the black smoke could not leave the island.

Also that Jacob was looking for a replacement for himself, and thus the 6 candidates. Who do you think the replacement will be? I'm liking that Hugo is talking to dead people. Richard's back story was great, and showed how when bad Locke first saw him, where the 'the last time I saw you, you were in chains' came from. Also liked that in the end Richard chose to turn away from the black smoke.

Only 8 more episodes.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:39 PM

Did anyone notice when they showed the brief preview of upcoming episodes (at the end of this episode) that it appeared that Sun was lying under a tree, maybe dead?

I loved last night's episode and finally learning more about the mysterious Richard.

I think it is interesting about Hurley communicating with the dead, too, in part because I would expect that more from Miles rather than Hurley.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:40 PM

I only caught the Bible verse was from Luke.

So why is Hurley talking to dead people all of a sudden? Why did the smoke monster spare Richard and killed everyone else? Did he do it on purpose so he could manipulate Richard into doing what he wanted? I really want to hear more about Jacob and the man in black. Does anyone else think that Jacob and the man in black should have spoken like they did in ye olden days?

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:42 PM

he was reading from the Gospel of Luke I think...can we believe all that we saw and heard from Jacob lat night?

I thought Richard was going to be older....

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:42 PM

I thought it was really good. It was great to finally hear why Richard is seemingly immortal. The good/evil - god/devil dynamic is interesting, but I'm still not completely convinced which is which.

One thing I'm a little sad about is how far the story has strayed from Dharma. The Dharma initiative is still a mystery to me, and I wonder if any of it will ever be explained.

Will Walt come back into the equation at all? He was so important in the beginning, but apparently not at all now. Maybe I'm forgetting things from past seasons, but I still think there are many unanswered questions.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:47 PM

I agree, lots and lots of unanswered questions, and I don't think we will get answers to a lot of them. There are just too many for the number of episodes left.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:48 PM

I thought Richard was going to be older....

I thought he was going to be Egyptian or something...It would have explained the "guyliner." laugh wink

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 12:49 PM

ha FBH!

it must be an Antillies thing, was that where he grew up?

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 01:51 PM

Hurley has been talking to dead people throughout the show..it's how he ended up in the mental institution and why he didn't want to leave jail(after holding up the convenience store) just before his group flew back to the island. Jacob met him in the cab after he was released and gave him the guitar case.

Miles has a different ability to communicate with the dead...but it's just as important in moving the story forward.

I missed last night, but it's waiting for me on DVR!!!

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 02:24 PM

I haven't seen this week's show either, ML. But I lurv Richard so I can't wait to watch.

I've heard that we're going to see an episode that focuses a lot on Jacob / Esau (Mocke, MIB) and their relationship / history.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 02:31 PM

ooh, we may have to have spoiler alerts for those not viewing last night's show....

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 03:40 PM

Not on my behalf. Once the show is aired, if I haven't watched the show, it's my own lookout to avoid threads that may discuss things I haven't seen. (Of course on the other hand, we all know I live in spoiler-ville anyway.)

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 03:56 PM

to Richards guyliner...I think he even wore it when he was a poor peasant and convicted murderer...

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 05:00 PM

Good shows the last 2 weeks!

I kind of thought Richard was going to turn out to be MUCH older - like from the 1500's or something, so that was a suprise that he was "only" from the Canary Islands in the 1860's. laugh

A few of the things I wonder about and wonder if we're ever going to find out: 1) Did (real) Locke shoot the young FBI agent or not way back in the woods when he was living with the marijuana-growers? 2) Whatever happened to Walt and all his super specialness? 3) How did the "man in black" and Jacob find their way to the island in the first place? 4) Why doesn't Claire ask Kate where Aaron is now???!!! Why didn't Kate volunteer that Aaron's with Claire's mom? it's downright odd! if my child was missing, i'd for sure want to know where he was!!! 5) How did Claire's mom suddenly wake up from her coma and was Jacob involved in this?

It was cool to see Charlie's brother looking for him at the airport in last week's episode! I forgot how much I liked that deeply flawed character.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 05:11 PM

But in the alternate reality is Charlie's brother still flawed?

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 07:15 PM

I found this on wikipedia:

Richard is seen reading the Bible opened to Luke Chapter 4, verse 24. The verse reads: "And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country." In Chapter 4, Jesus has returned from his time in the desert, where he thwarted the temptation of the Devil, and attends Temple in Nazareth where he cast out "a spirit of an unclean demon" from a possessed man and healed a woman with a great fever.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 09:50 PM

Maybe why the others were looking for children is because they thought they were the next chosen ones?

Dharma and The Others were at war with each other, that will still need to play out and should since Widmore is on the other island.

Re: Lost! - 03/24/10 09:53 PM

this has got to be more than purgatory!!!!

time travel, moving the island, never growing old....

Re: Lost! - 03/25/10 03:04 AM

I think the number 108 is going to be the key to the whole thing.
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Lost! - 03/25/10 02:13 PM

Re: Lost! - 03/26/10 06:51 AM

I don't think we've seen the last of the Dharma initiative. Dharma is a Hindu term that means one's righteous duty, or any virtuous path. The number 108 (which is the sum of all the "numbers" in Lost added together) is a sacred number in the Hindu religion.

So we have Egypt, Christianity and Hinduism having significant symbolism in the show - references to H-ell, purgatory, good and evil....have to wonder where this will all end. (Just as long as there's not some stupid spider at the bottom of all of this....)

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 01:04 PM

I enjoyed last night's episode. We finally got to see Jin and Sun. I thought their alternate reality was interesting. Now we know how Jin ended up in the freezer.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 01:09 PM

Do you think Widmore is going to take Jin to their daughter?

And - he brought Desmond to the island! Poor Penny and Charlie frown

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 01:40 PM

Desmond is the package!

So the smoke monster can't change at will, and Widmore knows he can't be killed in the conventional way...

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 01:45 PM

At first I thought Jin and Sun's daughter was the package and then Desmond appeared. So he is the package. And I knew Sayid would be emerging from the water. Poor Sayid. People only want to use him for him "skills".

Did Widmore happen to mention the significance of the package? I may have missed that.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 01:50 PM

Desmond is a package of YUMMMMMM.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:07 PM

Desmond is a package of YUMMMMMM.
You are absolutely correct!!!

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:17 PM

Poor Desmond. He looked like Heck! and Widmore just abuses that boy.

I loved it when Sun ran away from Locke! There has to be a reason why she can only speak Korean again.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:29 PM

So Widmore is on the Jacob side that wants to keep unLocke on the island. But Ben was supposedly doing Jacob's work on the island. And Ben and Widmore are enemies. Is anyone else confused?

I thought the package was going to be Sun and Jin's child, or Aaron, or Walt???? Can't imagine what significance bringing back Desmond will be.

Why didn't unLocke take Sun back with him after she knocked herself out? It seems that Jacob and unLocke have to convince people to do things of their own free will. Yet the smoke monster can kill whoever?????

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:29 PM

My favorite part of last night's show was when Jin got to see pictures of his daughter.

Kate really better watch her back, since Locke more or less gave Claire permission to do what she wants to Kate once he is done using her.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:40 PM

pseudo Locke really must be the evil guy in all this....

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:55 PM

Desmond's a 'fixer' though, remember. I think that's going to be significant.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 02:58 PM

I think Aaron will play a part here also. He was born on the island, and was one of the survivors taken off the island.

Kate is in big trouble if Smokey ever gets all of the candidates to leave the island - but the way Jack and Hurley are thinking right now - I don't think they will ever willingly go with Smokey.

FWIW - I think Widmore is only on the side of Widmore.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 03:16 PM

Jacob never spoke to Ben so Ben was guessing all along what he thought Jacob wanted.

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 03:49 PM

I understand how Ben got to be the leader when Jacob never spoke to him. Did Jacob speak to Ben through Richard?

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 07:25 PM

So Widmore is on the Jacob side that wants to keep unLocke on the island. But Ben was supposedly doing Jacob's work on the island. And Ben and Widmore are enemies. Is anyone else confused?

I think they're on the same side. They've just been fighting over who gets to be the leader. Happens with my kids all the time!

Re: Lost! - 03/31/10 07:30 PM

I think Widmore is after the pockets of energy on the island for his own personal gain. In one of the flashbacks I think he was arguing with Richard (possibly) about control of the island.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 06:05 AM

Ah Desmond - I forgot how much I missed this time/reality-crossed traveler.

I almost don't care about the answers anymore - the show is just good story-time. It reminds me of when I was little and my Dad would read a book to my brother and me - one chapter each night. I could hardly wait for dinner to be over so my Dad could pull out the book and read another chapter.

The two I remember most were Charlotte's Web and Gulliver's Travels. In a way, I could hardly wait for the next chapter, but in another way - I dreaded when the story would be over.

I am feeling the same way about Lost.

(Just no alien spiders - PLEASE!)

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 12:15 PM

Good to see Desmond again last night. Only 5 episodes plus the finale left...I'd still like to know how Dharma fits in all this. They spent a lot of effort and money to put all the stations on the island, their entire group was killed, yet no one from Dharma has come back since the 70s? WTH?!? (toned down for PG viewers)

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 12:19 PM

Last night was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good!

Caution: Possible Spoilers Below:

They're starting to remember!
It DID happen! And Eloise told Desmond he wasn't ready yet. I can't wait for the next 5 shows.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 01:10 PM

I feel the same way princess...just savoring absolutely every minute...who knows how long it will be before there is another show this good!

The flashes and "memories" were great..and they are "remembering"...i'm wondering what is in store for them...

i'm just fascinated....

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 01:39 PM

Why is Desmond so peaceful to be with either side of the epic battle?

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:03 PM

Because he likes that reality better? He's with Penny and his son. Sometimes you have to fight for what you care about...

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:04 PM

And what IS the deal with Eloise that she seems to be able to keep her bearings no matter WHAT the reality?

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:21 PM

Eloise is key figure in the island. Did anyone notice that Widmore told Desmond on the island that his son died on the island - and then - bam - there's Daniel in the alternate reality, and he's one of the people who seems to be having flashes of the other reality.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:26 PM

Desmond is the constant that Daniel was looking for last season. That's my guess.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:42 PM

anyone else notice that Love seems to be a major player here - Desmond's constant was Penny, and now when he has flashbacks - it's of Penny and their love. Charlie has flashes to Claire (I assume). I wonder if Daniel has had flashes of Charlotte.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:46 PM

it does make the world go 'round....

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 03:57 PM

The chauffeur creeps me out.......

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 04:02 PM

he is resourceful though....how did he get his hands on the passenger list of Flight 815?

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 04:14 PM

Because he's not human.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 04:15 PM

has he yet? have we seen him before? the way he talks to Desmond, he seems more than just a casual character.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 04:54 PM

I thought that too PB....

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 06:00 PM

The chauffeur is George who was the communications officer on the freighter who was locked up in the room with Desmond and who went crazy and died from the time-flashes. He was human, but may be dead human now, depending on which "time" we're in "now". The time travel, flashbacks, forward flashes, and side flashes are enough to confuse me on a good day!!! LOLoad

I do not know off the top of my head how George can get possession of a list of passengers, but we haven't seen him get it yet, only say he can get it. Maybe Widmore owns Oceanic Airlines?

Daniel did tell Desmond that he had flashes of a woman who worked at a museum and her blue, blue eyes and red hair. If that's not Charlotte, it's someone else we haven't met yet! I'd bet money his flashes are of Charlotte.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: FBH

Because he likes that reality better? He's with Penny and his son. Sometimes you have to fight for what you care about...

My take on this is that Desmond has made his peace with doing whatever he has to do in order to get back to Penny and little Charlie. He was freaking out at first, but after his "flashes" (memories?) of Penny and Charlie, he just goes all submissive and will do anything asked of him. I assumed that he just wants to survive and get back to Penny and their son, Charlie, so he's not putting up a fight anymore so nobody will hurt/kill him.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 06:16 PM

My guess is he will be asked to make a sacrifice and stay on the island for the rest of his life but never see Penny and his son again.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 06:22 PM

The interesting thing is that he is the first one to have a good knowledge of both worlds.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 06:46 PM

Maybe the skeletons they found in that hut were Penny and Desmond, and not Bernard and Rose.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 07:01 PM

So the bomb went off in the 70's and did what again?

I am confused, so Desmond saw his sideways future without Penny and so he will allow Smokey or Widmore to win over the other and how does that get him back to Penny?

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 08:09 PM

All you need is LOVE!

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 08:16 PM

But he met Penny in 'current' LA. He met her. He knows.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 09:03 PM

I wonder if Widmore is the Devil and Louise is God. Also, Jacob could be Jesus and the man in black is the Anti-Christ.

Re: Lost! - 04/07/10 10:13 PM

Seems death/near-death brings the Sideways and Island worlds together. Remember Juliet said "It worked" as/after she died?

Re: Lost! - 04/08/10 12:12 PM

Like when you have a near death experience, you see your life flash before your life - but in their case, it's a sideways flash?

Re: Lost! - 04/08/10 02:18 PM

Man, that would be so weird. Especially if you knew it was not your life. People would think you were crazy. Maybe that's why Hurley sees dead people all the time. He's constantly in his sideways life.

Re: Lost! - 04/08/10 11:02 PM

anyone else notice that Love seems to be a major player here - Desmond's constant was Penny, and now when he has flashbacks - it's of Penny and their love. Charlie has flashes to Claire (I assume). I wonder if Daniel has had flashes of Charlotte.

This is what I think too. I think Desmond knows that he and Penny were meant to be together - nothing can keep them apart, not even time travel and alternate realities. I think Daniel IS talking about Charlotte. The Hershey bar reference goes back to something they talked about, I think.

Interesting that Eloise straddles both (all) time continuums and realities. I hope they give us more of her history / backstory (not just her on the island, Daniel's mum thing, but WHY she is the way she is and how she can be above all of it), although with only 5 epsiodes left, I don't see it happening. I do feel like we are starting to get SOME answers though.

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 12:36 PM

Any info on the last show? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours?

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 02:40 PM

I watched "Donnie Darko" last night (the first time I've seen it in a while...), and I'm scared that I may have figured out what's going on.

I'm not saying anything, because I don't want to spoil it in case I'm right.

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 02:59 PM

<----- NEED to know - Please PM me FBH! PLEASE !!!!

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 03:10 PM

<----- NEED to know - Please PM me FBH! PLEASE !!!!

Check your mail!

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 03:18 PM

shocked

What about us!?!

You could use the spoiler function (it can be quite useful for more than just Mole-asses, ya know) for anyone who doesn't want to see...

Click to reveal..
pretty please!! smile smile

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 03:25 PM

grin

Thanks FBH!

Bobby - What happens is:

Click to reveal..
Bad Locke looks down into the original hatch and sees.............................. Mole-Assesssss grin

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 03:33 PM

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I knew it!!

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 03:40 PM

Okay - here you go:
Click to reveal..
I think the nuclear blast caused some kind of time-space disruption, or maybe even the orignal EMP blast that brought the Losties to the island...and all the Losties and the island have been on some kind of continuous loop or in a tangental universe. Desmond is the "receiver" and is able to perceive both realities consciously. Everyone else in the tagent universe are manipulating Desmond to restore the original timeline/universe. It would explain Charlie and Daniel helping Desmond to "correct" the anomaly...Just like Frank the Rabbit did in Donnie Darko.

Just a theory...But it means Desmond will have to die to correct it, just like Donnie did.

P.S. I just noticed my spoiler also spoils Donnie Darko - so if you haven't seen it, don't click that button!

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 03:52 PM

You rock, FBH!

Click to reveal..
For some reason, Pooh's explanation made more sense to me laugh laugh

Re: Lost! - 04/09/10 04:34 PM

I have never seen Donie Darko but I have heard that it's actually pretty good. It has become quite the cult classic from what I understand as well.

Re: Lost! - 04/12/10 08:30 PM

Hmmm, i'll have to watch Donnie Darko too, that seems like a good comparison.

I just watched over the weekend. The Desmond episodes are always my favorite.

Re: Lost! - 04/12/10 08:38 PM

I certainly hope that LOST's writers are more creative than just to steal the idea from Donnie Darko... smile I will be bummed if that's what it is. Not because it's not a good plot, but because it's not a NEW plot. The beauty of LOST (for me) has been the "newness" of it - there hasn't been a show like it and likely there never will be another one like it. I don't want a recycled plot! LOL

Re: Lost! - 04/12/10 09:21 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll feel REALLY ripped off if they just pull a plot twist ending from some other source and end it like that. Yuck. Fortunately, I have more confidence in these writers than that! (optimist that I am today!)
Posted By: buggs

Re: Lost! - 04/12/10 09:35 PM

Time travel through Stargate Atlantis!

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 12:28 PM

So who watched last night? It's beginning to look like Jin and Sun will never be reunited. I knew someone was going down that well.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 12:40 PM

I had the same thought...when flock led desmond to the well...it was like a horror movie "do NOT go near the open well with the bad guy!"

Question: Flock did not (could not?) turn into smokey with Desmond? Is it possible that the island will not let Desmond die...although it seems OK with suffering.

Interesting side story with Desmond now hunting down the island people and making things "right"?

It's good to see Libby again....

now we know what the whispers are....or so we think!

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 12:43 PM

It is getting so good! Gonna hate to see it end.

I knew Desmond was going down that well, too. But did you see the look on Locke's face when Desmond told him there was no use in fear. Locke was not a happy smoke monster.

Where is Jin? Did he go back to the temple?

Next week will be interesting - Locke obviously has it in for Jack, and Jack seems very afraid of Locke.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 12:44 PM

Great show last night.

I hope that's not the case. I really would like to see a happy ending for Jin and Sun.

Funny how poor Desmond ended up in the well. Seeing him at the bottom reminded me of him being in the hatch.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 12:46 PM

Great episode, even if two things that happened were easy to predict: obviously, Desmond was going to get pushed into that well. And obviously, he was going to plow into Locke with his car (but I was cheering him on during that part--it was so awesome!).

Three things are bothering me. I really want to see Sun & Jin reunited. I want Sayid to snap out of it--I do not like the robotic person he has become. And, I don't buy the whole role reversal of Hurley suddenly becoming a leader.

I did think it was interesting that when Hurley was at Libby's grave, he said he wished that she would come to "visit" him like so many other deceased people have. It does seem a bit odd that the person he was closest to would stay away.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 12:51 PM

But, when he kissed her - he remembered! smile

I loved it when Desmond ran John over. I wonder if one will have any effect on the other.

The previews seem to show Sayid shooting into the well. But is Desmond indestructible?

I love Desmond's role in LA.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 01:33 PM

Is Jin not still with Widmore? I am also hoping that Sayid snaps out of it. I do not like the evil Sayid.

And shouldn't they have learned by now to be careful with the dynamite? I did not like how Ilena was handling it and then...

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 01:37 PM

That one was pretty obvious.

I'm not sure what will happen with Sayid. He is dead, isn't he?

You're right DA - Jin is with Widmore, and I think Widmore has brought his daughter to the island.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 01:48 PM

I think Desmond is conscious of both worlds, and I think he knows that if he dies on the island, he will be with Penny, and that is why he is not afraid. It seems that those that choose good that die on the island, end up happy in the sideways world. And those choosing bad, are stuck wandering and whispering around the island (get ready to do some whispering Sayid and Claire).

I didn't see Desmond running over Locke coming, or Llana blowing herself up. They still do surprises well.

I think Locke knows that Jack is the chosen one to replace Jacob.

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 03:10 PM

That's what I was thinking too about Jack.

When Desmond ran over Locke, I seemed to remember them showing that on a past show. Anyone else remember that?

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 04:45 PM

When Desmond ran over Locke, I seemed to remember them showing that on a past show. Anyone else remember that?

Yes, I remember that - but I can't remember when I saw that or what it was! frown

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 06:49 PM

Jack needs to learn the Serenity Prayer!

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 06:58 PM

I loved his comment to Hurley about it killing him to not take charge.

The character exploration that's going on is great!

Just read a comment that the reason Desmond ran into Locke is to cause a trauma that will bring back his memory.
Posted By: KC Danimal

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 07:53 PM

Hurley: "Everybody loves cheese."

Re: Lost! - 04/14/10 08:16 PM

Just read a comment that the reason Desmond ran into Locke is to cause a trauma that will bring back his memory.

Absolutely. At the end of last's week's episode, Desmond said that he wanted the Flight 815 manifest because he wanted to show them something. I understood that to mean that we wants each of the passengers of 815 to experience what he and Charlie did, that is, a glance at their alternate lives.

Re: Lost! - 04/15/10 01:58 PM

But isn't hitting him with a car a little extreme?

Re: Lost! - 04/15/10 03:20 PM

The whole Locke thing is confusing. If you assume that people that die on the island are alive and well in the sideways world, like Charlie and Libby, how does that explain Locke. Ben killed him in real time on the mainland. Maybe Desmond was taking out Locke in the Sideworld, so that SmokeyLocke has no body to return to????

Re: Lost! - 04/15/10 03:35 PM

The same thought occurred to me. We will likely never know.

Re: Lost! - 04/15/10 04:34 PM

The whole Locke thing is confusing. If you assume that people that die on the island are alive and well in the sideways world, like Charlie and Libby, how does that explain Locke. Ben killed him in real time on the mainland.

My theory...

Ben killed Locke in a world where no hydrogen bomb went off. When Juliet set off that bomb in the 70's, their lives from that point forward changed. These flashes of events are not memories because they happened in the past; they're glances at what their lives should be had they not tried to change the past. We're not time traveling anymore. We're seeing their lives unfold as though the plane never crashed.

I know what I'm thinking but I don't think I'm explaining it well. And I'm confusing myself. This show makes me think too hard!

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 03:03 PM

I still keep reading/hearing that the love triangle of Kate/Sawyer/Jack will play a role in the plot. Am I the only one who is so over that?! I don't care who Kate picks!!! I feel like Sawyer belonged with Juliet and she made him happy. I couldn't care less about who Kate ends up with... ::shakes fist::

The newest episode was awesome. The Ilana thing in the beginning was a "whoa!" moment smile I knew Fake Locke would throw Desmond down the well. But Desmond is very passive right now, it's like he knows what his destiny is so it doesn't scare him.

And I'm sorry but the actress who plays Libby (Cynthia Woltros) did not age well. She looked old, much older than she did when she was on the island.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 03:35 PM

Agnessa, I agree about Kate/Sawyer/Jack. Sawyer and Juliet belonged together. I don't care who Kate picks, but I hope if she picks Sawyer, he turns her down!

I almost couldn't believe Libby was being played by the same actress--she REALLY didn't age well at all! I was surprised the makeup people couldn't work a little more magic on her.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 03:54 PM

I thought the Libby character was *supposed* to look bad! After all, she thinks she's going crazy and the woman is living in a mental hospital - that's some major stress! I saw her on something else on tv recently and she looked great. I think the makeup people worked their "aging" magic to make her look awful on purpose.

Kate can "pick" Sawyer all she wants, but in my heart of hearts, I know Sawyer loves ME and will turn Kate down! wink laugh (just kidding, but he sure is nice to look at)

Edited for typo.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:01 PM

No.......ME!! He loves ME!!!!!!

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
I thought the Libby character was *supposed* to look bad! After all, she thinks she's going crazy and the woman is living in a mental hospital - that's some major stress! I saw her on something else on tv recently and she looked great. I think the makeup people worked their "aging" magic to make her look awful on purpose.

Kate can "pick" Sawyer all she wants, but in my heart of hearts, I know Sawyer loves ME and will turn Kate down! wink laugh (just kidding, but he sure is nice to look at)

That makes some sense about making her look "aged" on purpose, considering her circumstances.

LOL about Sawyer, my opinion from the very beginning of this show has been that any episode is a fantastic episode if there is a scene of Sawyer without his shirt on! grin

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:09 PM

LOL about Sawyer, my opinion from the very beginning of this show has been that any episode is a fantastic episode if there is a scene of Sawyer without his shirt on! grin

laugh......there was no drooling face, so I picked the laughing face.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:16 PM

I am loving Sawyer as the cop though in the "parallel universe". He's great as a bad guy, but seeing him as the good guy is even better smile

I am also getting anxious to see Jin and Sun finally be reunited. I really hope that happens. I love them! Seeing Sun's face as she was looking at Locke's group, trying to find her husband and not seeing him, was heartbreaking! frown

And I am NOT liking "bad Sayid" frown Although I think he's putting on an act to be on fake Locke's "trust list". I'm hoping that it's all for show and that at the end he'll be alright. It could be that he's been inhabited by a "good spirit" or Jacob or something and he's taking instructions from him to do everything that fake Locke wants and act indifferent toward his friends... I can hope, right?

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:18 PM

I look for Sawyer (whatever his real name is) to appear in a leading role in some other series where they need tough mean guy or a cop.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:20 PM

I do wonder if all these actors and actresses will be able to move past their LOST characters. I read an interview with the actor who plays Desmond recently and he said that he's hopeful this show will lead to future opportunities, but he's worried that he'll always be "Desmond".

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 04:30 PM

Juliette is on V, isn't she? And Jin is going to be in the remake of Hawaii 5-0 (so he'll be staying in Hawaii!)

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 06:39 PM

I think they should put Sawyer on Dancing With the Stars. Wouldn't THAT be a hoot? Or.....to have a pick for the first one voted off, put Ben on DWTS.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 06:42 PM

Locke could qualify for the old guy on DWTS

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: swiggles
I look for Sawyer (whatever his real name is) to appear in a leading role in some other series where they need tough mean guy or a cop.

They should just make a spinoff called "LaFleur." He could be a New Orleans detective.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 06:59 PM

That's actually a good concept.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 07:03 PM

Except they keep saying they do NOT want to do spin-offs.

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 07:06 PM

What if they do a NOLA based cop show, with the actor who plays Sawyer, and name him LaFluer wink

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 07:41 PM

I'm writing a pilot for it this weekend. I have a friend who used to be an executive producer at Miramax...Maybe he can hook me up!

Re: Lost! - 04/16/10 07:43 PM

::raises hand::
Would like to apply for position of production assistant smile

Re: Lost! - 04/18/10 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Agnessa

Yes, I remember that - but I can't remember when I saw that or what it was! frown

Locke got run into by a car in a parking lot when he met Swoosie Kurtz (his mom) and right before he found his dad. Maybe season 2 or 3.
Posted By: califgirl

Re: Lost! - 04/19/10 04:06 AM

Nice article - interview with Jorge Garcia (Hurley/Hugo) in the L.A. Times today.

Garcia says he's "dreading" moving back to Los Angeles and knows finding his next gig isn't going to be easy.

"Now when I think about the next job, I use 'Lost' as my benchmark, so I have to think about if it's something that's going to be as satisfying as 'Lost' was," he said. "It's a pretty high mark to have to meet."

article

Re: Lost! - 04/19/10 04:07 AM

What if they do a NOLA based cop show, with the actor who plays Sawyer, and name him LaFluer wink

:hits like button: Sounds good to me!

Re: Lost! - 04/19/10 02:06 PM

Question - is the well Desmond went down the same well that Locke & Ben went into that has the wheel exit at the bottom? (That dumps you out into the Sahara Desert.)

Re: Lost! - 04/19/10 03:24 PM

Question - is the well Desmond went down the same well that Locke & Ben went into that has the wheel exit at the bottom? (That dumps you out into the Sahara Desert.)

I don't think so - that one was near the Hydra Station...I think. It's near one of the stations, and this one was in the middle of nowhere.

Re: Lost! - 04/19/10 03:24 PM

My first thought was "yes" but then, as I recall, Bad Locke made some comment to Desmond about there being many wells on the island, so who knows???

Re: Lost! - 04/19/10 03:59 PM

I just watched last week's episode last night. I think I saw Eloise in the audience at Hugo's awards ceremony.

Re: Lost! - 04/20/10 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: califgirl
I just watched last week's episode last night. I think I saw Eloise in the audience at Hugo's awards ceremony.

I think I saw her, too, but it was very brief.

So, Miles' dad (sorry, don't remember his name) was presenting the award to Hurley. Correct me if I'm off base on this, but we have only seen him (except for the old Dharma tapes) in the 70's, right? Why would he appear in the sideways flash as if he has not aged from that time? Is this significant?

Re: Lost! - 04/20/10 08:20 PM

Everything is significant, unless it isn't.

laugh smirk

Re: Lost! - 04/20/10 08:23 PM

I got a post from Lost on FB. Last show is Sunday May 23 with the entire evening dedicated to Lost. 7-9 not decided yet, 9-11 Final Show; Jimmy Kimmel Live in Hawaii with the cast.

Re: Lost! - 04/20/10 09:33 PM

:clearing my schedule:

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 05:46 AM

My recap:

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

Question - Who is the eggman and who is the walrus. and why?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 10:12 AM

Desmond is not dead, is he?

And is Jack now chosen to be the replacement for Jacob?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 11:51 AM

I don't think Sayid killed Desmond. There is still good in him, the emperor hasn't driven it from him fully...

Still not sure about Jack yet, but all signs point to yes.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 12:20 PM

I agree, FBH, Sayid didn't kill Desmond. I do think/hope there is still good in Sayid. Plus, Desmond is too integral to the story at this point.

I'm so happy that Sun & Jin have finally been reunited!

I really like Sawyer in his alternate reality. Too bad we won't get to see much more of that.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 12:25 PM

I was also happy to see the reunion...and kind of happy that it was not a big lead in or a full story line...it was perfect!

so curious about what happens at widmore's camp. I can't imagine that they'd all be killed, except, I sort of could see that. I'm wondering if Ben, Miles, and Richard got caught messing with the plane and prompted the change of plans?

still don't trust claire.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 12:28 PM

Claire creeps me out, I don't trust her either.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 01:48 PM

Is that a fake belly Claire is wearing? If so, they even have a belly button fashioned!

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Princess Rooney
My recap:

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

Question - Who is the eggman and who is the walrus. and why?
Goo goo ga joob

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Agnessa
I think Sayid putting on an act to be on fake Locke's "trust list". I'm hoping that it's all for show and that at the end he'll be alright. It could be that he's been inhabited by a "good spirit" or Jacob or something and he's taking instructions from him to do everything that fake Locke wants and act indifferent toward his friends... I can hope, right?

I posted this last week and I still think so smile Or hope so... LOL

I am 99% sure that Sayid did not kill Desmond. I think he was calling Locke's bluff when he said "go look for yourself."

Man, I love this show... I am going to miss it! cry

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 03:37 PM

Last night's show really makes me wonder if Claire and Sayid can be brought back to the good side. Is it wrong that I was kind of hoping she would shoot Kate?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 03:50 PM

Last night's show really makes me wonder if Claire and Sayid can be brought back to the good side. Is it wrong that I was kind of hoping she would shoot Kate?

OMG... No way! Actually, at the boat scene, I said out loud "Shoot her!" when Claire was pointing the gun at Kate. LMAO Kate is my least favorite character of all.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 03:53 PM

Juliette is mine. I was not sorry that she did not survive the bomb blast. I'm not a huge Kate fan but she is more interesting than snotty Juliette.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:02 PM

I think Sayid has turned the corner. He's not as zombie-like. I think Claire will come out of it too.

Hubby usually isn't vocal about TV shows, but when Sun and Jin were united he yelled out 'finally!'

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:05 PM

Blasphemy. Kate's cute!

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:08 PM

and I think Kate has finally decided between Jack and Sawyer.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:12 PM

and I think Kate has finally decided between Jack and Sawyer.

Really? I think she's going to go back to Jack before the show ends. Did you see the look they gave each other last night?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:45 PM

Same here - and that's where my thought comes from. She's friendly with Sawyer, but making googoo eyes at Jack.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:50 PM

My vote is for Jack and Kate. I still like Kate.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 06:54 PM

I'm thinking the Losties band together and triumph.

I also think that Widmore has Sun and Jin's daughter and possibly Aaron.

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 07:07 PM

I'm thinking the Losties band together and triumph.

I also think that Widmore has Sun and Jin's daughter and possibly Aaron.

Live together or die alone...From that first season and still true. I agree. Where the heck are Rose and Bernard?!?!?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 07:12 PM

all of the secondary characters pretty much vanished during the time traveling. Didn't most of them get gunned down by the lagoon?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 07:28 PM

Rose and Bernie live like hermits out in the jungle, don't they?

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 07:37 PM

I thought they were frolicking like teenagers cool

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 07:54 PM

yeah, like you do Pooh out in the Happy Valley hundred acre woods! being chased by real bears!

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 07:57 PM

I'm having Happy Valley withdrawal frown First parents' weekend we haven't had for 10 years frown

::walks off to find the closest beer pong tournament::

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 08:00 PM

Pooh frolicks like a teenager!

I thought pongs were video games....

Re: Lost! - 04/21/10 08:08 PM

grin

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 01:48 PM

how come last night was a rerun?

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 01:50 PM

I don't know, but it took me off guard...*grumble*

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 01:56 PM

i had seen it was a rerun and just dvr'd it.....did they add the pop up bubbles of new information?

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 01:58 PM

yes

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 02:56 PM

Me too.

I was really disappointed.

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 03:39 PM

I kept checking the guide thinking ok, they are running the first hour rerun of the previous week, and then they will have an "all new" episode..

and then V came on, what a bummer!

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 04:08 PM

Me too, Pale! I flipped over to the "TV Channel Guide" channel on the first commercial break, hoping it was going to be a 2-hour Lost-A-Thon, but alas no.

First 2 minutes of the show, I felt like a 3 year old having a tantrum... "but I don't WANNA see a rerun... I wanna NEW Lost!" kicking my heels and sulking. laugh hehehe then I smacked myself and realized I can wait until next week. wink

The only little tidbit I thought was even mildly interesting in the "pop-up-video" captions was the fact that the medicine the mean doctor gave Ricardos for his sick wife wasn't real medicine and wouldn't have helped her anyway. Poor Richard. frown

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 04:24 PM

yeah Burnt, that was interesting, who would have the info that the cure for TB was still 100 years off..

that doctor could have been having a flashback and brought it with him, would explain why he was so rich....

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 04:30 PM

The only little tidbit I thought was even mildly interesting in the "pop-up-video" captions was the fact that the medicine the mean doctor gave Ricardos for his sick wife wasn't real medicine and wouldn't have helped her anyway. Poor Richard. frown

I only watched the first several minutes - I was going to watch it, but the wife thought I was crazy (she might be right)

Another pop-up I thought was interesting pointed out that everyone... (or was it almost everyone? I was kind of distracted by having to tell the wife that I'm not crazy and that she needed to shut up that instant or I may never know wh...hmmm, ok, she was definitely right) ...on the island has been responsible (either directly or indirectly) for someone's death.

For those who paid attention, who was this talking about? everyone on the island? just the candidates?

Were there really no other interesting pop-ups through the whole thing?

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 04:32 PM

Methinks Pail is poking fun at me! I guess I was thinking it might have been some type of painkiller the doc gave Richard to ease Isabella's suffering, but the pop-up told me it was "fake medicine" i.e. a placebo/completely useless substance. I *am* aware there wasn't a cure for TB back then. laugh

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 06:53 PM

Yippie!!! It was a rerun? I missed it due to symphony rehearsal. So I'm happy!!!!

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 07:12 PM

cry

I wasn't poking fun Burnt!!! I was not aware that the cure wasn't around until penicillin.

Re: Lost! - 04/28/10 07:14 PM

I thought the pop up information was very interesting and must play an important roll (I hope) going forth in understanding where the show is coming from and going to.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:01 PM

Holy Carnage! The Losties are dropping like flies!

Yet, I'm not terribly worried for some reason. I think I may have figured it out.

Good episode last night! Sad, but good.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:10 PM

Yet, I'm not terribly worried for some reason. I think I may have figured it out.

I agree. Sad, but good. What's your theory?

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:15 PM

I don't know why I didn't see it coming, but I was so disappointed in two things last night: the demise of Sun & Jin after waiting so long for them to reunite, and the demise of Sayid after he appeared to be returning to normal.

Great episode, though!

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Kelsey D

I agree. Sad, but good. What's your theory?

Click to reveal..
I think Jack's going to stay behind on the island, and do something that shifts or makes the sideways flashes the new "timeline." It seems that most people from the Island are better off in that one. I don't know how it's going to happen, I just think that's what's going to happen...and Desmond is going to be the key.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:27 PM

I thought it was a great episode and did not see all that carnage coming. I have some questions. Why, why, why? Of all the characters on that show, why couldn't Kate be one of those to go? I was so glad to see Sayid returning to himself. Sun and Jin's outcome makes me want to cry. The remaining candidates are Jack and Sawyer?

And where are Ben and Richard Alpert?

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:28 PM

Why, why, why? Of all the characters on that show, why couldn't Kate be one of those to go?

I know!!! ::shakes fist:: I would not have been upset if she was gone. Jin and Sun broke my heart frown

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:39 PM

I cried. I loved it when Sayid took the C-4 and ran. Sorry that the pilot bit the dust. Not that he had much of a storyline, and since they couldn't take off on the plane, they didn't need him. I think all of them will die off. Jack is the one, and Sayid told him that. I think once they die, they find peace. I also think that Richard and Ben will be the ones to get rid of Smokie.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 12:59 PM

hurley still remains a candidate.

I was so happy to see Sayid coming around...and i think his final act allows us to see who he really was-not just the actions he took in his life. He was at the core a protector.
The scene sort of reminded me of The Stand by Stephen King(also a good v. evil tale)...there's a scene where a bomb is placed in a closet while the leaders are meeting...one of them tries to get everyone out and sacrifices himself to give the others more time to get out..

Sun and Jin-so sad...

I guess any doubts about flocks nature have been answered.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 01:02 PM

I was surprised the pilot and not Sawyer kicked down the cage door. You go Jeff Fahey!

I couldn't hear what Sayid said right before he grabbed the bomb and ran. Was it "Jack you are the one"?

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 01:17 PM

Sawyer won't be feeling to good about himself when he comes to...

I wonder how fake Locke and Jacob have an encounter? Didn't they show that in the preview?

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 01:34 PM

Dazed - Yes, Sayid told Jack 'you're the one'.

Pilot tried to bust down the gate, but Jack arrived and unlocked it.

The preview showed Jacob and the old version of black smoke playing a board game. The preview seems to imply that Locke and Jack will have the same duel.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 02:09 PM

I missed the program last night. How did Sun and Jin die? How did Sayid die?
Posted By: Dani York, CRCM

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 02:20 PM

Sayid sacrificed himself for the group by running a bomb to the opposite end of the submarine. Sun got trapped by debris from the blast and Jin wouldn't leave her, so they drowned.

Very sad...

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 02:23 PM

a bomb planted by smokey meant to kill them all because he cannot leave the island unless they are all dead, and he can't touch them...

Jack realized this but Sawyer couldn't trust Jack and set off the timer to the bomb....

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 02:28 PM

Sayid also told Jack that he needs to find Desmond..and i think Sayid told Jack WHERE Desmond is.......something about how he's the one to stop Smokey???

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 02:30 PM

how many times have Jacob and smokey put people through this mess over the years....

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 05:00 PM

They just announced that the Lost Series Finale will now be TWO AND A HALF HOURS LONG - running from 9:00 - 11:30, pre-empting local news! That means Lost will be on ABC from 7:00 - 9:00 (Recap Show), 9:00 - 11:30 (Series Finale), and 11:30 - 12:30 (Jimmy Kimmel Special). That means there will be FIVE AND A HALF HOURS OF LOST on Sunday, May 23.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 05:03 PM

I can't wait! Although I know I'm going to be depressed beginning on May 24th, knowing that one of my favorite shows of all time is done and over with. cry

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 05:32 PM

And then we can all complain about all the answers we didn't get.
Posted By: Bank Angler

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 06:19 PM

I'm currently looking for some chloroform for my wife and dog for the eveing of the finale.

Just kidding.

No dogs or spouses will be injured during the finale.

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 07:14 PM

Speak for yourself BA - I was looking for the duct tape last night when hubby decided to chat during the last 10 minutes mad

Re: Lost! - 05/05/10 07:49 PM

I will be glad for the release on Tuesday evenings so I can spend more time on bookface...

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 12:13 PM

laugh

Thoughts from last night? I loved how they tied in something from the first season (Adam and Eve).

I actually felt bad for the man in black. I wish they'd told us his name! And honestly, I couldn't blame him for his actions when he found out the truth about his birth.

I wonder how it all ties together though. If that's his body/remains that are in the cave, is he not the evil force then? Did the evil force take on his likeness, the same way it took on dead Locke's likeness now?

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 12:40 PM

I don't think the man in black had a name, makes him more of an Everyman character. His story was so sad to me. And it really makes you think about who is really evil. Jacob was so brainwashed (deceived maybe?) by that woman....

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 12:54 PM

Yes, Jacob was really brainwashed. The episode changed my perception of Jacob and the brother quite a bit. Jacob seemed weak to me, and I found myself rooting for the unnamed brother.

The one thing I thought was funny last night is that the woman always seemed to say, "I'm so sorry" before she killed someone. Hello, apologizing for it in advance does NOT make killing someone okay!

I knew we wouldn't, but there is no way we are going to get anywhere close to the number of answers we want in the time remaining. So frustrating!

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 01:29 PM

becoming much more of a spiritual battle epic....evil is in all men...and their psuedo moms too

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 02:25 PM

Here's an even more brain twisting thought that I got from this -

The desire to attain/preserve Good can make men evil.

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 05:16 PM

The mother told the brother he was 'special'. Then after he went into that place in the creek, he became the smoke monster. And it was the brother who first started creating the wheel.

It will be interesting indeed!

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 05:17 PM

Alison Janney with crazy hair, wow... who knew Lost would introduce new characters to us right before the end!?!?!

Great episode last night. I love that the Man In Black has no name!

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 05:31 PM

The good/evil - god/devil dynamic is interesting, but I'm still not completely convinced which is which.

I'm leaning toward the nameless brother being the "good" one now...

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 05:54 PM

I don't see how smokey can be the good brother, and how did their mother kill all the marooned campers that the special one adopted?

There is a lot of Genesis family dymamics in Lost: Cain and Abel, Jacob and Esau, Joseph and his brothers, and Joseph's sons Manasseh and Ephraim. Another theme is sibling favoritism, especially Jacob's favoritism of Joseph and Isaac's favoritism of Esau.

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 06:14 PM

I don't think Jacob's brother formed the Smoke Monster, I think the Smoke Monster absorbed him. How could the Mom have killed all those people and destroyed the well and the village unless she either invoked the Smoke Monster or became the Smoke Monster herself?

So on the one hand, it seems that the Smoke Monster is the REAL protector of the source of light and life, but on the other hand wants desperately to get away from it.

There seem to be a lot of juxtapositions here - good/evil, faith/science, duty/desire, love/hate, life/death, destiny/choice, parent/child - I'm still okay with it AS LONG AS THERE ISN'T SOME STUPID ALIEN SPIDER at the bottom of that cave!

Seriously though, the finale episode is either going to be the most satisfying or the most frustrating or the most anti-climatic 2 1/2 hours on television.

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 06:23 PM

I fear the latter, otherwise they will be explaining the last 5,000 years .......

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 06:50 PM

Or 5 Billion years depending on your interpretation or your reliance on faith or science.

Then again, thinking about the number 108 and its implications in Hindu mythology, the explanation would have to cover time and untime immemorial as we leap from one incarnation of the Universe to another - the cycle of Brahma/Vishnu/Shiva (or Father/Son/Holy Ghost if you prefer.)

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 09:32 PM

There seem to be a lot of juxtapositions here - good/evil, faith/science, duty/desire, love/hate, life/death, destiny/choice, parent/child - I'm still okay with it AS LONG AS THERE ISN'T SOME STUPID ALIEN SPIDER at the bottom of that cave!

Does Stupid Alien Spider refer to the spider in IT?

Re: Lost! - 05/12/10 11:08 PM

Does Stupid Alien Spider refer to the spider in IT?

Yes - I am told that in the book the alien spider is a much more complex explanation and makes more sense, but the movie version? **Ugh** I want those hours of my life back!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Lost! - 05/13/10 01:00 PM

Even in the book, the ending was a let down.

Re: Lost! - 05/13/10 07:13 PM

Good article:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-w...-across-the-sea

(And they're apparently never going to tell us what Mocke's real name is.)

Re: Lost! - 05/13/10 10:01 PM

good interview.....

Re: Lost! - 05/17/10 03:49 PM

Just got caught up with last week's episode.

Did anyone notice the second baby (man in black) was born with a caul. Medically, this means it has all or part of the amniotic sac around it. However it does have other mythical meanings and can be considered an omen - some legends say it is good and some say it is the sign of evil.

I wonder if there is meaning in the name of the birth mother - Claudia?

What about 'Mother'? Could that be 'Mother Earth'?

Someone on the island said something about Locke wanting to get all of them together in one room. It seems like this is happening in the alternate universe with all of them in the hospital at the same time - Jack, Locke, Claire, Jin, Sun, and I think Kate is there too. Is Hurley there?

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 04:03 PM

Can't wait for tonight's episode!

The name "Claudia" means "lame" or "disabled" in Latin. It's the feminine form of Claudius (French is Claude). Biblically, Claudia was a Christian woman living in Rome, who was greeted by Paul the apostle in his second letter to Timothy.

Intriguing, but doesn't really explain much. Like many things in the show! laugh I really enjoy it, but it frustrates me sometimes!

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 06:43 PM

wait, so Lost is on tonight and then 4 hours Sunday too?
Posted By: #12

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 06:47 PM

wait, so Lost is on tonight and then 4 hours Sunday too?

normal time tonight

Saturday, they are replaying the pilot episode...I don't remember what time

Sunday from 6-8 is a recap episode, series finale from 8-10:30

(all times Central!)

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 06:57 PM

and then a bunch of them are on a late night talk show Sunday night, right?

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 07:17 PM

Yup - right after the show they will be live with Jimmy Kimmel on the set in Hawaii.

7-9 Recap (EDT) 9-11:30 Show frown 11:30 Kimmel

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 08:50 PM

Quote from TIME magazine article about the ending...

"The finale is tremendously spiritual," says co-star Fox. "It becomes much more character-driven and focused on some of the big philosophical questions: What's the nature of humanity? What happens when we die?" Not even all the cast members know what happens in the end. But they say it aims more at emotional closure. "It's a kind of soulful ending," says Emerson. "It's very human-scale." Of course, as O'Quinn says, a spiritual, human-scale ending could disappoint some sci-fi fans: "If you're all about 'Answer what the Dharma Initiative was doing with the polar bears,' you're probably barking up the wrong tree."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1989123-3,00.html#ixzz0oJfqNozd

Re: Lost! - 05/18/10 08:54 PM

And here's a good article from SciFi Wire that has some good commentary from Desmond and Richard:

http://scifiwire.com/2010/05/lost-ends-soon-about-that.php

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 12:12 PM

Dang! laugh More deaths last night. LMAO at Ben "So you said there are more people to kill?" in his hopeful, evil voice.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 12:19 PM

And of course Flocke has recruited his replacement now...

The battle of good and evil will continue now between Jack and Ben.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 12:36 PM

I don't know why (should've anticipated it) but I did not see Widmore's death coming. I guess I envisioned part of the final episode as being the confrontation between him and Locke, so I was not ready for Widmore to go yet.

I kept pausing the show last night while we were watching, looking at my husband, then saying, "Never mind, I don't even know what to say" and starting to watch again. What a roller coaster this show has been!

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 12:40 PM

I know, it's been a great roller coaster ride though! laugh

I am going to miss it. This show has made my brain hurt from trying to figure it all out - what other show will do that?! I guess Fringe is pretty good, but it's nowhere near the level of my beloved LOST.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 01:47 PM

I thought Ben was sort of going good.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 01:58 PM

I'm not exactly convinved that Ben is actually on Flocke's side... I think he may be playing him in order to save the island.

And I do love Ben in the side world. smile I would love it if he ended up shacking up with Rousseau and becoming a dad to Alex. That would be a good ending for him in the side world, I think.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 02:10 PM

What about Richard? Are we to assume that he can die now?

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 02:11 PM

Do you think we will actually see their endings in the side world, though? I agree with you, I like him there too and that would be a good ending for him, I just wonder if we will see their outcomes in that world at all, good or bad.

And I am not sure about Ben either. I thought he had more or less become a "good guy" of late, but he sure didn't seem like it last night.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 02:12 PM

Oh, and I thought it was interesting that Smoky killed Richard. I thought Richard was one of the "live forever/can't be killed" bunch?

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 02:15 PM

Yeah, they never showed Richard's body or anything. Who knows... I also thought that he couldn't die? Interesting...

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 02:30 PM

so what is in the water?

it doesn't make you pregnant, it makes you "one of us"....

eek

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 03:48 PM

Here's my scenario for the final episode:

There is going to be somewhat of a convergence with the Sideways world and the Island. The remaining people on the Island, other than Jack, will die, but because Desmond is pushing the Sideways world to reconcile with their Island lives, those who die will stay alive in the Sideways world, having found what makes them complete.

Jack in the Sideways world will die during the operation to "fix" Locke - perhaps a heart attack. He will have to make a decision to save himself by abandoning the operation, or restore Locke thereby dooming himself.

In the Island world, when all of the others have died, and perhaps in convergence with the operation on Locke, Jack will find a way to contain MIB-Locke (I don't think he will be able to "kill" him.)

This will leave the folks in the Sideways world mourning Jack. Perhaps Locke may become a father figure to Jack's son - and the episode will leave it open as to whether Jack's son becomes bitter at losing his dad, or grateful that his dad was a hero who gave his life to save another.

On the Island, Jack will be alone, mourning the loss of all his friends - Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sun, Jin, and so on. He perhaps won't know that his sacrifice is what made it possible for all of them to not only live on, but to find happiness and hope.

At the end, Desmond shows up on the Island to have a talk with Jack - but we will not hear their conversation. We can perhaps infer that Desmond tells him that everyone is okay.

Jack will finally find the one thing he has always sought, the ability to "fix" things and make them right.

OR

A giant alien spider crawls out from the Golden Sewer of Light and consumes everyone.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 03:52 PM

Desmond is LA is trying to get all of them to 'let go'. Let go and let God? Who knows. But I like LA Desmond smile

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 04:17 PM

So Des is not on the island anymore?

How did he get out of the well?

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 04:27 PM

So Des is not on the island anymore?

How did he get out of the well?

Maybe Jacob threw him a ladder. grin

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 04:40 PM

A giant alien spider crawls out from the Golden Sewer of Light and consumes everyone.

You can't let go of that "IT" ending, can you? laugh LOL

I like your proposed ending, it works! smile

I can't wait until Sunday!

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 04:42 PM

:missing musical notes:

...we are climbing Jacob's ladder......

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 04:45 PM

There was a rope hanging from the side of the well when Flocke and Ben showed up.

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 04:47 PM

I like Princess Rooney's proposed ending. It does fit pretty well. So, with this show, that probably means it couldn't be any further off from what will really happen!

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Nessie

You can't let go of that "IT" ending, can you? laugh LOL

LOL!!!

The IT ending is my metaphor for every TV series that has wasted my time with an intriguing story only to have it end as a stupid mess. The original V series comes to mind, Life on Mars is another, Hotel, and perhaps a few more that, thankfully, I have just about forgotten.

But NONE of them have consumed as much of my time and attention as LOST. So a lot is riding on this Sunday.......

Re: Lost! - 05/19/10 06:20 PM

Interesting last night - when they got to the well, there was water in it. There was no water in the well when Locke threw Desmond in.
Posted By: Key Lime Pie

Re: Lost! - 05/20/10 04:11 PM

I find it interesting that the MIB killed "mother" with the same dagger that Sayid was given to kill Flocke. He came up behind her before she could speak to him.

Re: Lost! - 05/20/10 06:13 PM

We talked about that. The only person not to talk to Flocke yet is Miles. Maybe he will kill Flocke. Maybe that is why Miles is still on the show.

Re: Lost! - 05/23/10 02:31 PM

So where are Miles and Desmond? Several characters are MIA after Thursday's show.

Re: Lost! - 05/23/10 03:20 PM

It would seem that Jack and crew got Desmond out of the well. Miles is MIA.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 03:32 AM

OH COME ON. Seriously?! THAT'S how they ended it?!?!

I feel gypped.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 03:59 AM

I kind of liked it. I haven't quite figure it all out yet. I had to cry every time someone realized.

I loved it when Juliette and James realized.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 10:52 AM

I liked all the reunion stuff. I liked it just fine up until about the last 20 minutes. I realllllly thought the whole afterlife stuff was a copout.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 12:27 PM

I have no words...I'm still digesting.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 12:28 PM

I agree, EGB. My absolute favorite moment last night (and maybe of the entire series) was when James and Juliette reunited.

But, like you, I thought the ending was kind of a copout.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 12:47 PM

I'm still confused...I get that they died at some point...and that the sideways world was not tangibly "real"...so what happened on the island was "real"?

Did Hurley serve as the island's protector for more than the time it took Jack to die? Since Hurley and ben exchanged compliments, i guessed that there was a more substantial relationship, but the way the story played, it seemed like it was just moments.

Still a bit confused about Walt and Michael...they seemed to be such a big part of the story...but i didn't see them anywhere last night.

What did Eloise Hawkings want? She sent them all back to the island....was this ending a surprise to her? Since she's in the sideways world, is she also "dead"?

Maybe I'm overthinking it...I enjoyed the show....and was OK until the end when Vincent curled up beside Jack....maybe it was proof that we're never alone! smile
Posted By: MAG

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 01:14 PM

Walt and Michael were not in the church at the end - those that were in the church all died trying to help the others but Michael and Walt only looked out for themselves, so I think those in the church "lived together" but Michael "died alone."

Could it be that everything that happened on the island was real because Christian told Jack that those in the church were the most important people in his life, even though it all happened in the blink of an eye?

I loved seeing everyone reunite and thought the finale was great, even though in the last 15 minutes I got as confused as ever and woke up this morning still trying to figure it all out!

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 01:15 PM

Spoilers inside for anyone that hasn't seen the show. Don't look if you plan to watch it ever...
Click to reveal..
Okay...So my brain hurts. I'm trying to decide if EVERYONE died in the plane crash, or that people actually survived the plane crash, had all the adventures on the island, or was the whole series the blink of Jack's eye as he died? If so, Jack didn't really know any of the people on the plane, so how could any of the "reunions" happen in what I presume was the afterlife?

The end credits with the beach and wreckage in the same place as it was at the crash lead me to believe everyone died on the plane, no one survived.
Posted By: A_G

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 01:17 PM

I don't watch Lost, but did we have a little deus ex machina to end the series?

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 01:21 PM

Perhaps they just "lived" in the sideways world after they died and while they were waiting for everyone else to die? Once everyone died they all met and went into the light together?

Following FBH's theory - perhaps everyone did die in the plane crash and their adventures on the island was purgatory where they worked out their salvation?

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: waldensouth
Following FBH's theory - perhaps everyone did die in the plane crash and their adventures on the island was purgatory where they worked out their salvation?

As good an answer as any...my brain still hurts.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: waldensouth
Perhaps they just "lived" in the sideways world after they died and while they were waiting for everyone else to die? Once everyone died they all met and went into the light together?

This is what I think.

I actually loved the finale, although I know there are still so many unanswered questions.

I totally teared up during the reunion parts: Shannon and Sayid, Claire and Charlie, Sawyer and Juliet, Jack and Kate... I was wiping my face every few minutes! LOL I also cried during the ultrasound scene with Jin and Sun when they remembered. And I laughed so hard when Sawyer showed up at the hospital and Jin and Sun were just smiling at him, like "hello, Sawyer" and he was all confused. LOVED IT!

I do think it was a good ending. The island was real, what happened to them was real. The "sideways flash" was the life they would have had if the plane never crashed and it was their afterlife. The lived the way they would have/should have and once they found each other, found their "constant", they could move on.

I think Ben is unable to move on yet because Alex is his "constant" and he is waiting for her to realize it and forgive him before he can move on.

I am so sad it's over. It's been a fantastic ride! Nothing else like it on tv. frown

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 02:19 PM

I agree that Ben can't move on because of Alex.

I don't think they all died in the crash and the island was purgatory. I think the island was "real" and they were all waiting for the last one of the group to die so they could move on to together. Does that make total sense? Of course not, but what ever has made sense about this show???

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 02:21 PM

I loved it, too. It had kind of a "Sixth Sense" with Jack & Christian, and also a "Titanic" ending with everyone at the church. I think Michael was still on the island in limbo.
Posted By: madukes

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 02:23 PM

I never saw Lost. Everyone in work was talking about Jack - I assumed they were talking about 24. LOL

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 02:40 PM

They had a 2 hour special where they recapped all 6 seasons of the show immediately before the 2.5 hour finale.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 03:22 PM

Jack said in the Kimmle interview he thought he died on the plane...

good explanations on Michael and Ben...

time is man made, all these things could have happened in a twinkle of an eye....

it seems the stay puff man and Ben spend quite a bit of time taking care of the island....

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 03:33 PM

that was a funny crack last night on the Kimmel show when he said the death scene for Jack and Vincent proved that *all* dogs don't go to heaven.....

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 03:57 PM

I think the island was real and that they died when they blew up the hatch with the bomb. After that, the sideways flashes started, and that was a staging ground until they could accept that they had died and were ready to move on.

I loved it when Desmond removed the rock and Smokey became mortal. When Jack punched him and he bled, I loved. It was the only way they could kill him.

Also loved that Hurley took over for Jack.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 04:35 PM

When did Pennie die?

I guess it can be answered in that a long time, at least as we meaure it, happened between Jack's death and the gathering at the church....

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 05:49 PM

I wondered the same about Penny. Why was she in the church? Same with Juliet. Neither of them were on the plane.

Eloise asked Desmond if he was going to take Daniel with him. So was he dead? Was she?

I loved that it ended with Jack's eye closing. Very appropriate. I thought it was all very well thought out.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:23 PM

The more I've let the ending percolate and sink in (and sharing notes with co-workers), the happier I am with the last episode. Everyone in the side flashes was dead. It may have taken them longer to realize it, but they were. Time is irrelevant in the sideways world - so even though everyone was dead, they didn't all show up at the same time. It was "Sixth Sensy" in the fact that the dead only wanted to see what they wanted to see until they were reunited or made a connection with someone in the sideways world.

I think Jack's been dead since the first episode of season 6, because his neck was bleeding where Flocke cut it.

Penny died "eventually" as was reunited with Desmond.

Ben said Hurley was a great #1 and Hurley said Ben was a great #2, implying they lived and guarded the island for a long time...lending credence to the idea that everyone was dead in the sideways world, but time was irrelevant.

Eloise didn't want Desmond to take him, because she still hadn't dealt with the fact that she killed her sun back in the 50s....so she never "moved forward."

Even though Kate, Sawyer, Milo, Lapidus, Claire, and Richard escaped on the Ajira plane and presumably survived, they did die eventually. Kate was waiting for Jack, because Jack hadn't "let go" even though he died before her.

There were holes - why was Walt so important at the beginning, but not at the end? What the heck was the Dharma shark? Little things like that would have been nice to know...but now I'm picking nits!

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:27 PM

See, I don't think Penny *was* dead in the "real" time sequence, i.e. at the moment when Jack died, I don't think Penny was dead. We also know that when Jack died, Libby and Charlie and others were already dead for quite some time.

I think the gathering at the church is sort of a time-independent gathering. Christian said, "there is no NOW here", which I took to mean, time is irrelevant in this place. Meaning, maybe Penny doesn't die until years and years in the future (way after Jack dies)... and Juliet and Libby and Charlie and Shannon and several others died way before Jack died, but all are in the church even so, because they were very important in Jack's (and the other Losties') lives.

Last night, I felt a little let down by the ending. Today, after some time to process it all, I think I liked the way they ended the series.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:31 PM

I still want to know what was up with the Dharma shark, the polar bear in the Tunisian desert, and wayyyy more information about the Dharma initiative, but I guess we'll never know! Very very cool series. I will miss it. As escapist TV for one hour a week, I doubt anyone will create something to beat it for quite some time.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:33 PM

I still want to know what was up with the Dharma shark, the polar bear in the Tunisian desert, and wayyyy more information about the Dharma initiative, but I guess we'll never know! Very very cool series. I will miss it. As escapist TV for one hour a week, I doubt anyone will create something to beat it for quite some time.

I agree. Fringe isn't the same, but it's fun.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:34 PM

Maybe Melinda Gordon can help the rest cross over...

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:34 PM

I tried Fringe, didn't like it very much, and stopped watching. Too many internal inconsistencies, is what I vaguely remember. I picked up the DVDs for Dexter, which is also fun (I just finished Season 1), but nowhere near as cool as Lost IMHO. laugh

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Compliance Rookie
I loved it, too. It had kind of a "Sixth Sense" with Jack & Christian, and also a "Titanic" ending with everyone at the church. I think Michael was still on the island in limbo.

Which may explain why I didn't like it - I hated Sixth Sense and refused to see Titanic (way too sappy.) I still think it was a cop-out to end it like that. I get it, I just don't like it.

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 07:10 PM

My take: they weren't dead on the island. It was pretty much established that the island was real and all the events were real. All the characters had to find each other in the afterlife to get closure and move on. They all died at different times, on the island and off the island. Some got off the island, some did not. Some died on the island, some did not, but they were all reunited at the end. All the characters in the church were dead at that point, but reunited with the ones who meant the world to them. For all we know, it could have been 100+ years since the island, but they did finally come together.

Ben can't move on until Alex "remembers" and moves on with him. She's his love. He's waiting until she's ready – and he can ask her to forgive him and they can move on together. Michael is stuck on the island forever in spirit (this was explained already) as his "sins" exceed what he can atone for. Walt wasn't there, because his connection was his dad and his dad will never move on. The other characters who weren't in the church obviously have issues to resolve before they can move on. Locke DID move on once he remembered and once he forgave Ben.

The whole finale was fantastic. As a fan who has watched this show since the very first episode, I was moved to tears and I am still reliving the finale today. I kept replaying it in my head last night while trying to fall asleep too.

Oh, and about Sayid ending up with Shannon – that was obviously THE great love that was meant for him. Yes, he was in love with Nadia, but he wasn't meant to be with her even in the afterlife. She was married to his brother. They loved each other, but they weren't "it" to one another. Sayid's great love was supposed to be Shannon. *sob*

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 07:26 PM

Isn't it interesting that given the time involved, and the fact that some of these characters lived a good long life on earth, that they all appeared in the church as virile young people, even if they aged and got to lookin' like me......
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Lost! - 05/24/10 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan

So, I'm guessing it didn't end something like this, huh? Bummer. Beach bummer.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 06:42 AM

I liked the ending - husband and daughter hated it.

In the beginning I was so curious to know the magic behind the numbers, the story with the Dharma initiative, what the Island really was and so on.

But in mulling over the ending (and yes - I cried - especially when Vincent came and laid down beside Jack....and I looked down and saw my loyal Charlie at my feet....) I decided that all of those little details were just that - details on the face of a much bigger theme - Redemption and Love and the point of our being here.

I know a lot of people were upset that more details weren't answered - like how the Dharma initiative found the island, who built the statue, who built the temple, how the donkey wheel controlled the island properties - but you know what? It's kind of like the people that get all wrapped up in something like the Bible Code and forget to see the entirety of the message IN the Bible. Kind of a "Forest for the Trees" thing.

I think if they had tried to provide answers for all of that, it would have cheapened the show - like when a magician reveals how the trick is done - some things are better left to the imagination or to one's faith.

I do think that the characters did survive on the Island, and what happened on the Island was real. I don't think the bomb created the Sideways world - it simply propelled everyone back to present time. The Sideways world was the purgatory where the folks from the island and their "constants" waited for one another to reconnect.

The issue with Jacob and the Man In Black - after everyone in the show had held them in almost god-like status, it turns out they were fallible men after all. Their "master plans" were no more successful than any other "master plan" created by man. As Ben indicated, Jacob had invented "rules", but now that Jacob was no longer in charge, new rules could be made. So all that detail about the numbers, the statue, the Black Rock, the Egyptian symbols, the Hindu symbolism, the Dharma initiative - these were all pawns in the game that Jacob and his brother battled each other. The more mythological items were probably Jacob's doing, and the more scientific items were put there by the Man In Black.

But in the end, it was all just noise against the backdrop of what truly mattered - Love, Forgiveness and Redemption. I think it is something that Jacob finally realized in the end and he was sad that it took him thousands of years to figure it out.

Some of the most touching moments for me (besides each of the Sideways "realizations" such as Sayed and Shannon, Sawyer and Juliet, Kate, Claire and Charlie, and so one) were these:

1. When Hurley asks Ben to be his right hand man. The look on Ben's face was almost heartbreaking - it was the one thing he had craved all those years - to be appreciated.

2. When Ben asks Locke for forgiveness and Locke forgives him.

3. Ben sitting out in the parking lot realizing that he still has things to "work through" before he is ready to move on.

4. Jack's realization, as he lay dying on the island and saw the Ajira plane flying above - he had finally succeeding in FIXING what was broken.

5. Vincent finding Jack and laying down faithfully beside him.

So yeah, the final ending was a bit schmaltzy - in a way reminded me of the final scene in Titanic when a young Rose again meets a handsome young Jack for that dance surrounding by cheering long dead passengers - but then again - sometimes schmaltz is what we need to fathom something as incomprehensible as where do we all go from here?

So the Island remains an enigma, but can any of us truly say that we fully understand G-d? The answer is no, and all we can do is rely on our faith to carry us. And in order for that faith to carry us, we draw strength from each other to make the sum of us more than a simple total of individuals.

AND.......

wait for it......
There was NO STUPID SPIDER at the bottom of it!!!! - no alien spaceship - no snow globe, and it didn't turn out to be a crazy dream someone had.

BTW - Loved the Jimmy Kimmel ending with Bob Newhart and Kate.

Also - I gotta hand it to Target - those were darn clever commercials... .. Keyboard, Smoke Detector and BBQ sauce....SNORK!!!!

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 06:48 AM

Post Script - I also have read that the writers originally had much larger roles for Walt and for Mr. Eko, but the actor who played Walt grew too fast, and the actor who portrayed Mr. Eko wanted off the show during the second season and refused to be a part of the final show unless he was paid 5 times more than was offered.

So we may have had a few more details to mull over with Walt and Eko, but sometimes you have to take your losses and move on.

Final thought on Michael - a lot of people were upset that he wasn't at the church or in the Sideways world - IMHO - Michael condemned himself to the Island and was not ready to receive redemption. I would draw an analogy to someone who shuts himself up in a windowless room and sits in the darkness all the while the sun is shining outside.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 12:13 PM

Well said, Princess Rooney! smile I feel the same way.

And YES - no giant alien spiders, that's a bonus!

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 12:38 PM

Well...It's Tuesday, and I have nothing to do tonight. Lost is over, there's a void in my life. What to do? What to do?

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 12:39 PM

How about celebrate your birthday? Have a happy one, btw! smile

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 12:41 PM

That crossed my mind...I'm in a new town, I've only been here 2 months...So I'm celebrating solo this year.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 01:45 PM

Well then you should do something decadent!!

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:06 PM

Well then you should do something decadent!!

I'm leaning toward going to Cooper's Seafood House, having dinner and watching the Phillies. Yes, I'm crazy like that!
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:45 PM

Are you in Scranton?

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MS Kaybee
Are you in Scranton?

Yes - just moved here in March.
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:47 PM

Ah....I saw Cooper's Seafood House, and then Electric City as your location. Been to Cooper's many times. The one in Pittston too.

I have lots of relatives up that way.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:50 PM

I have never seen this show....not one second of it. From scanning this thread....it seems truly bizarre.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:52 PM

It was - that's what was so great about it.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:54 PM

I'm really missing Lost - fun show, great characters. One of the few shows that made you think about things afterward. I'm sad it's gone.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 03:57 PM

I'm really missing Lost - fun show, great characters. One of the few shows that made you think about things afterward. I'm sad it's gone.

It's not "really" gone -there's always syndication and DVDs!

Actually I do want to watch the entire series over at least once. This way I can note all of the "Easter Eggs" but not obsess over them - just enjoy the development of the characters which really IS the heart of the show.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 04:05 PM

It's not "really" gone -there's always syndication and DVDs!

DVDs might be the call, or the interwebs. Unless they show it in the same order in syndication, I think it would be hard to follow.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 04:48 PM

Actually I do want to watch the entire series over at least once. This way I can note all of the "Easter Eggs" but not obsess over them - just enjoy the development of the characters which really IS the heart of the show.

We plan on doing that too. smile I already miss the show - I feel like I got attached to all the characters and it's hard to know those characters won't have more storylines... Except for in my head. I'm picturing Claire reuniting with Aaron and her mom, I'm seeing Kate remaining involved in his life as beloved Aunt Kate, etc. But I'm still sad. LOL

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 05:09 PM

I think it was a bit of genius for the show to leave some plot lines open - Like what did Hurley and Ben accomplish as #1 and #2 of the Island? What did Richard do with the rest of his post-Island mortal life? How did the "Ajira 6" explain themselves when they landed? What was the reunion like for Claire, Aaron and Claire's mom? What did Sawyer, Miles, Lapidus and Kate do after returning to the rest of the world?

These are questions each fan can answer for him or her self. I also think the show gave us just enough of a few clues to puzzle out for ourselves the questions about who was behind the Dharma Initiative, the meaning of the Island, Walt's special powers, and so on. I personally think that both MIB and Jacob were able to meddle in the lives of others - I think there was enough of a hint to see that Ben was a pawn between MIB and Jacob and he never realized which one he was following. I think MIB was behind Dharma (an extension of the original camp of people that he was using to try and get off the Island), and Jacob was behind the Temple, and so on.

But the beauty is - these are points that everyone can debate and come to their own conclusion if they want to.

I read a great comment on a blog about the utter disappointment in the Star Wars movies when the whole "Force" mystery boiled down to having an abundance of a mirco-organisms (midichlorians) in the blood. It's like - so what? I eat of bunch of Activia and I can not only stay regular but have super-powers? That's not much better than having the huge alien spider crawl out of the basement.

The show leaves us to decide what the Island and the mysteries really mean and what, ultimately, is important.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 05:36 PM

The unanswered questions also leave room for Lost miniseries in the future.
Posted By: Saladin

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 06:03 PM

I hardly post here, but feel compelled to do so now. The finale, the entire season six, is a cop out. As for questions about the future, there were no need for resolution there.

It is the past five season that required resolution. Each season they added more and more unexplained events/occurrences to keep us hooked. Almost none of these were answered. Because quite frankly, there was no way they could do so and have it all make sense.

So here is what they did instead. For season six, they would introduce yet another puzzle (flash sideways) and, by the end of the season, they would provide a resolution to this and hope that this would provide satisfaction.

Frankly, a spider, a dream, or cancelation before resolution would have been more satisfying. They had time to wrap the show up and instead pulled a three card monte trick on us.

They could have provided a more satisfying resolution, even if they left all the unanswered questions unanswered. Now tell me if this would not have been better. As season five is wrapping up, remove the plot line of Jacob being killed, the bomb explodes and everyone is back on flight 815, the plane crash was averted and none of what happened to the survivors occurred.

I would have preferred this ending to the one they came up with. Of course this would have meant one less season and less money for the producers. And even with this bogus season, they did not resolved everything that they introduce this season. At the openning of the season, in the flash sideways the island is underwater. What was that all about?

Everyone should feel disgusted by this shoddy treatment. If the showed had been canceled, I would have been disappointed but I would not have felt ripped off.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Saladin
At the openning of the season, in the flash sideways the island is underwater. What was that all about?

Jack was already dead at the opening of season 6 - the sideways flash is the afterlife. I only assume the island is under water because as Jack was dying, the island was convulsing - so maybe his soul or consciousness or whatever decided the island would be under water in the sideways world.

It would have been nice to learn more about Dharma, or why Widmore wanted the island so badly, but I'm pretty satisfied with the ending after thinking about it a few days.
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 06:49 PM

I wonder if we already saw the affect of Hurley being in charge? Hurley said to Ben he is a great number 2. What if they all died from the beginning and the island was Jacob's rule?

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 06:55 PM

Here, this should help everyone (me and Saladin included.)

http://www.mistertelevision.com/468/lost-faqs

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:06 PM

the "entire" show...isn't that 120 hours?

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:07 PM

I will take a look after work, thanks E.G.H. Excess, I thought about the island being underwater was because Hurley was its protector(thats so funny). Of course that would make all the sacrifices pointless and Hurley and Ben shouldn't have been congratulating themselves at the end. And I don't want to hear ANYONE saying all this speculation is what makes this a great ending. NOT!!!

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:13 PM

HUH?
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:16 PM

Wow, this show really sounds like an acid trip. Kinda wish i had watched now just so i could know if it was hokey (where i'm leaning) or cool (who knows?).

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:19 PM

HUH?

6 seasons at 20 hours a season, just a guess....

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:30 PM

The Island was underwater in the purgatory world which is the existence created by the people to live the lives they wish they had - i.e.
The cursed Island never affected them,
Jack has a son and tries reconcile his father issues by being a better father himself,
Hurley not only wins the lottery but everything he does is a success,
John Locke's father loves him rather than cruelly uses him,
Kate was not really a murderer even though she was accused,
Sawyer is on the right side of the law rather than a con man on the run,
Claire finds her family,
Desmond has the acceptance and trust of Charles Widmore,
Farraday pursues his music instead of being forced to pursue physics,
Ben is able to look after and protect Alex from a non-violent position,
Sun and Jin are truly in love rebelling against Sun's father instead of being crushed under his control,
and so on.

Yet none of them were truly happy until they realized what they shared. The sunken Island in the Sideways Purgatory was a metaphor for losing the spiritual light in search of what we think will make us happy.

But if you would rather there was a giant alien spider at the heart of the island waiting to wrap us all in its web and drain the life out of all of us as the culmination of centuries of meticulous planning - well - to each his or her own.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:50 PM

But if you would rather there was a giant alien spider at the heart of the island waiting to wrap us all in its web and drain the life out of all of us as the culmination of centuries of meticulous planning - well - to each his or her own.

But there was no meticulous planning. The only question that was answered was what did the flash sideways represented, which was introduce in the last season that was suppose to be the culmination of 5 season of miticulous planning. If they introduce the flash sideways at the beginning of season 1, I might have been happy with this ending. This is more like giving me porn magazine and telling me to knock myself out.

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:53 PM

HUH?

6 seasons at 20 hours a season, just a guess....

I got that. Just did not know what you were referring to. Are you saying 120 hours isn't much of an investment?

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 07:57 PM

120 hours is too much of an investment for me...I ain't watchin' this thing all over again....

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 08:00 PM

I agree with you. Especially when there is no return on that investment!

Re: Lost! - 05/25/10 08:36 PM

But there was no meticulous planning. The only question that was answered was what did the flash sideways represented, which was introduce in the last season that was suppose to be the culmination of 5 season of miticulous planning. If they introduce the flash sideways at the beginning of season 1, I might have been happy with this ending. This is more like giving me porn magazine and telling me to knock myself out.

I don't know. The other seasons filled the current story and the back story of all the characters. Each person was flawed in their own way, and you needed the flashbacks to understand the motivations of each character in the "present" on the island. In that respect, the show was very successful, which the finale did give closure to each character's fate.

The other stuff: Dharma, Widmore, Black Rock, the Statue, is was all there to give the Losties a chance to redeem themselves. I'd like to watch the finale again, but I'm pretty satisfied the more I think abou it.

Re: Lost! - 05/26/10 02:59 AM

I understand that. They did a wonderful job of character development. But character development is done so you care about what happens to the characters. It shouldn't be the story. Look at it this way. If you were told at season 1 that you are going to watch this show for six seasons which will raise alot questions, which most will neverbe answered, but you will get to see who the characters pair up with after they die, would you have watched it?

Re: Lost! - 05/26/10 04:10 AM

I understand that. They did a wonderful job of character development. But character development is done so you care about what happens to the characters. It shouldn't be the story. Look at it this way. If you were told at season 1 that you are going to watch this show for six seasons which will raise alot questions, which most will neverbe answered, but you will get to see who the characters pair up with after they die, would you have watched it?

Well that's one way to look at it. But another way would be:

If you were told at Season 1 that you are going to watch this show for six seasons and it will involve a juxtaposition of spiritual faith vs. scientific skepticism that will raise questions that will make you think while at the same time introducing characters and developing your understanding of the complexities that drive their motivations and show an underlying theme of acceptance, forgiveness and redemption while taking us on a thrill ride that will touch us deeply and run the emotional gamut from fear, anger, hatred and revenge to hope, friendship, love and grace and may leave you contemplating the mysteries of creation - would you watch it?

Granted - the show wasn't for everyone. I can't think of very many shows that are.

Re: Lost! - 05/26/10 06:46 AM

Now tell me if this would not have been better. As season five is wrapping up, remove the plot line of Jacob being killed, the bomb explodes and everyone is back on flight 815, the plane crash was averted and none of what happened to the survivors occurred.

I disagree. If they had succeeded in "resetting" the time line so that none of it ever happened, I would have felt the entire 5 seasons were a waste because all of the events would have been erased, and we would have been left with a trite Time Paradox like Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann, or A Sound of Thunder, or a bad Back to the Future ripoff.

But the long con that was pulled on us was to make us "think" an alternative time line had been created when actually, the "Sideways" world happens way-way-way in the future after the last of the Islanders has lived their lives.

But if they had simply shown us this in time sequence, we would have had about 4 episodes of the Losties running around the Island, getting killed off one by one, until Jack kills MIB-Locke and restores the Island. At that point, would anyone want to watch the "future" Sideways story where each of the characters gets to sample what their lives might have been like without the Island only to realize in the end that the Island brought them what was most valuable to them? No.

Problem is, a LOT of people try to argue that the whole series was just Jack's dream or something, and yes - THAT would have been an unforgivable "Bobby in the shower" missive. But all that strangeness, all that drama, all of the friendships, all of the deaths, all of the losses, and all of the struggle WERE real - strange, but real.

Wiping all of that reality out by saying "Oh - we changed history and all of that never happened" would have been the cheap, easy and unsatisfying way out.

Quote:
I would have preferred this ending to the one they came up with. Of course this would have meant one less season and less money for the producers. And even with this bogus season, they did not resolved everything that they introduce this season. At the openning of the season, in the flash sideways the island is underwater. What was that all about?

The Island is underwater because it was the collective desire of the characters to experience their lives without the influence of the Island. The Island wasn't "really" underwater in the "real" world.

The show is probably an acquired taste for those people that can appreciate nuances and don't necessarily want to be hit over the head with explanations. To this day, I still cannot watch any of the later 3 Star Wars movies (aka Chapters 1-3) because they just trampled on the mysticism and spirituality of the first 3 (aka Chapters 4-6). That, and I thought they were boring as heck!

Re: Lost! - 05/26/10 07:00 AM

One more thought - Seems that Desmond on the Island was just as fooled by "Sideways" world as we were. He got a glimpse of it and thought it was a wonderful co-existent reality that they could travel to after he pulled the plug, so-to-speak.

But Sideways Desmond understands the true purpose of the Sideways world and sets about reigniting the memories of each character so that they could complete their purpose in "Purgatory" and move on to the next spiritual phase of their existence.

I thought it was touching when Eloise Hawking scolds Desmond again to stop his meddling, and you realize that what she wanted was to hold on to her son and enjoy watching him do what made him happy since in her real existence, she showed him very little love and pushed and pushed him, and then ultimately killed him.

The con again was to think that Sideways and Island Desmond were coordinating with each other. I thought that until the moment that the "Source" goes out and Island Desmond screams in the horrible realization that he was wrong.

BTW - Who's up for a "The Island was really the last remnants of the Lost Continent of Atlantis" debate? Now that's a hit over the head answer that would explain a LOT of the mysteries!

Let's see......

The first Protector of the Island was the last remaining survivor of Atlantis. After witnessing the evil that brought about the destruction of their civilization, he (or she) is determined to prevent that from happening again. Heck - "Mother" could have been that Atlantean. That would also explain why she felt people were evil.

The lure of Atlantis would explain why so many tried to find the Island all these years - not so much that Jacob brought them, but that he merely made it easier for some to find the Island.

It would explain the ancient artifacts on the Island - they weren't built by those who came later, they were remnants from the once mighty Atlantean civilization.

The actual "Donkey" wheel was from Atlantis and was used to channel the continent's power. The replica made by the Man in Black looked poor in comparison.

It would explain the power of the Island and how it had the ability to travel through time and space.

The numbers could have been part of the mathematical code that gave Atlantis its power, and why Jacob used those numbers for his candidates.

Then again, Atlantis is kind of a cheap and trite answer for stuff we can't explain, like the Bermuda Triangle, the Pyramids, the Mayans, the Anastasi, the Bimini Road and so on.

Re: Lost! - 05/26/10 12:42 PM

Nice posts, PR. That sums up my experience pretty well.

Re: Lost! - 05/27/10 12:56 PM

ABC released a statement saying that the shots of the original plane crash at the end of the show were NOT PART of the finale! They added it to ease the transition from the ending to the local news!!!!!!!!!

I spent hours trying to figure out if the ending was the ending and what happened, happened...then why was all the wreckage right where it was at the beginning of the show!!!

well, now we know! smile

Re: Lost! - 05/27/10 01:21 PM

last call for flight 815, all aboard....

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 01:34 AM

last call for flight 815, all aboard....

Please make sure your seats are in the upright position and your tray tables are locked. In the event of a water landing, your seat cushion can serve as a flotation device.....

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 03:19 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllltttttttttttt!!!!

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 07:49 PM

Heard an interesting theory yesterday. The funeral at the end was not Jack's but the viewers of the show signalling that it was the end of the series. (Jack was in the congregation and not the coffin.) Each person in the cast represented a viewer and their feelings towards the show. Jack represented the viewer who enjoyed the entire show and was happy with the ending. Jin represented a person who watched for 3 years before they started to understand it. Kind of neat theory.

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 07:58 PM

Interesting take. But, I have to wonder, which character represented Saladin's feelings toward the show? confused laugh

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
Interesting take. But, I have to wonder, which character represented Saladin's feelings toward the show? confused laugh

Ben - he's not ready to come in and join the group yet... wink laugh

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 08:06 PM

laugh

Re: Lost! - 05/28/10 08:56 PM

IMHO - That was the beauty of LOST - It was written in a way that everyone could have their own interpretation as to what the show meant or even the explanations for many of the show's mysteries.

For instance - the Smoke Monster - it was clear the Smoke Monster was unleashed after Jacob threw his brother into the light, and that the Smoke Monster incorporated all of the brother's frustration and anger, but earlier in that episode, when the camp was destroyed and everyone killed - how could the Mother have done all of that without a little help from Smokey? So did Smokey pre-date that incident and was simply enhanced by the brother - or was the Smoke Moster first created when the brother went in?

Rather than trying to nail down everything into a neat little box that would have explained all of it, they left just enough to provide the basis for multiple explanations without spelling it all out which ultimately would have left everyone with a sense of disappointment.

It's kind of like haveing this beautifully wrapped package under the Christmas tree that you can't wait to open and you imagine all kinds of wonderful things, but when you open it, you find it's an ugly sweater and you think - I liked this present better when it was still wrapped under the tree!
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: Lost! - 06/23/10 03:32 AM

You don't have to tell me, I know that I am officially obsessed. Never watched Lost, didn't get into it the first season so just never got started on it. In the final couple of weeks I got interested in the concept from all the advertisements and have just spent the last month watching the entire series all the way through. Also kept in time with the 3 threads here on BOL which I found to be very interesting and a great addition to the show.

Although I had to keep reminding myself that there was no point in responding to a post as it might be 2 or 3 or 4 years old.

Yes it was a huge investment of time, but fascinating to see for the first time all the way through. Don't know if I could have kept up with all the details over a 5 year period.

At any rate, thanks for all the explanations and laughs along the way and for anyone that hasn't seen it, I do recommend. Really, really loved all the Sawyerisms!! Netflex has the first 5 seasons and the format and playback is very good. Finding all of season 6 was really tricky, might want to wait till Netflix or the dvd is available.

If anyone else wants the 3 threads, pm me and I will send you the links. Very good companion to watching each episode.

Re: Lost! - 06/23/10 12:00 PM

I still want to know what the Dharma shark is... wink laugh

Re: Lost! - 06/23/10 03:07 PM

I still want to know what the Dharma shark is... wink laugh

The Other White Meat?