Big Bang Theory

Posted By: B_F

Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 03:46 PM

Anyone else watching this? I absolutely LOVE the show and think it's the funniest thing that has been on TV I can ever remember.

"Oh, the simulated horror!"
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 03:49 PM

it would appear you spend way too much time watching TV wink
Posted By: chenin

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 03:50 PM

I love this show too! They crack me up. laugh
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 03:53 PM

LOVE.THIS.SHOW!!!!! It is my favorite. Monday night's episode was so funny. I watched it yesterday while I was on my lunch hour. I laughed so hard I think I even snorted!

My family is all into it too and a co-worker just started watching a couple of weeks ago.
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 03:54 PM

Big Bang Theory and Pawn Stars are two of my favorite shows on TV.

Well, those and Lost - still wondering how they are going to answer all of the questions now that they brought H-ell into the equation.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 03:59 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about exploding implants...
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 04:07 PM

or buttocks...
Posted By: Hoosierland

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 04:09 PM

My husband and I love this show, too. My favorite lately was the episode where Raj had the shirt with the sound effects. Although the "morning after" scene at the end of this week's episode was hilarious too!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 04:14 PM

I loved the episode where Sheldon decided to work a boring job so he could figure out his physics problem, and ended up dropping all the plates waiting tables (for a job he didn't have) and then said he didn't work there when asked if he was going to pick up. That and Bazinga in the ball pits had me rolling.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
it would appear you spend way too much time watching TV wink

I do watch a lot of TV. I admit it. I watch too much. Less in the summer months, but fall, spring, and winter I watch a lot. But, I watch at odd hours, not as much in prime time because I'm out. LOVE THAT DVR!
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 04:26 PM

what else you gonna do in those midwest winters?
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Pale
or buttocks...
Is SAG involved?

No, not what you are thinking! I meant the Screen Actors Guild!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 05:27 PM

Sheldon's mom is really funny. I liked the episode where he decided to run away to Texas and live at home again.

What happened to Howard's girlfriend, Bernadette? Did I miss a new episode where they broke up?
Posted By: The Minion

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 05:30 PM

My family has been hooked on this show since the very first episode. We are grateful for the DVR as well!!

I'm not too sure if I like Leonard and Penny as a couple. It was much better when he had a crush on her.

I would live to see who they would have portray Howard's mom, too.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 06:38 PM

Busy Bee, I don't think they said Howard and Bernadette broke up, but I don't know why she isn't on anymore.

Maria's Minion, I agree about Leonard and Penny, it was better between them before they got together.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 06:50 PM

I'm sure we'll see Bernadette again. This show LOVES to let things go away for a bit and bring them back... For example, the check engine light....
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 06:56 PM

great show
Posted By: Skunk Boy

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 07:08 PM

Great show - love all the physics talk, and how they are accurate with all the science on the show.
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 07:14 PM

Love this show. Love the Monday night lineup. How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang, and Rules of Engagement are all great! I can take or leave Two and a Half Men, though...
Posted By: madukes

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:08 PM

I've never seen it - I'll definitely have to watch it now. I love Two and Half Men!
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:12 PM

My husband and I have watched this show since it began and absolutely love it. We watch the sitcoms on Monday night.

BTW madukes - it may take a little while to get into it and learn the characters before you enjoy it. They all have their own idiocyncracies.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:23 PM

Tow and a Half Men and Big Bang and the best. Can't get into Rules of Engagement just because David Spade is on it and I can't stand him.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MadisonCali
Love the Monday night lineup. How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang, and Rules of Engagement are all great! I can take or leave Two and a Half Men, though...

I agree with you, love all the others but can take or leave Two and a Half Men. It was better when Jake was a "kid"--now, it seems like a re-hash of the same old thing week after week.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:25 PM

Spade and Puddy are hilarious.
Posted By: chenin

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:56 PM

I watch Two and a Half Men and am glad Rules of Engagement is back. Never really liked How I Met Your Mother though. Monday and Wednesday nights are the best for sitcoms. Tonight is Modern Family...that show is hilarious.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 08:59 PM

Modern Family is great.
Posted By: MadisonCali

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 09:15 PM

Modern Family is fantastic! Wednesday nights are even better than Mondays...Modern Family, The Middle, and Cougartown are all hilarious.
I wish they would've added Better Off Ted (criminally underwatched) to their Wednesday night comedy lineup when they axed Hank. But alas, they didn't, and it never found an audience. Now it's probably cancelled frown

Man, I think I'm the one that watches way too much TV. smile
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: MadisonCali
Modern Family is fantastic! Wednesday nights are even better than Mondays...Modern Family, The Middle, and Cougartown are all hilarious.

Ditto... Wednesday nights are my favorite on TV.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/24/10 09:42 PM

I don't know what is on what nights - I only watch DVR now, except for sports.

I don't think I've watched a normal show live in a long time. I usually run about a week behind except for the shows I really want to watch (Lost, Family Guy, Big Bang) which i usually watch the day after.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 02:44 AM

I just read an entertainment news story that said they've got Mayim Bialik (the girl that played Blossom on the 90's TV show) to be a potential love interest for Sheldon. I think she could be funny, but I like single Sheldon!
Posted By: Tigg

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 10:47 AM

This is definitely a TV night at our house. I do miss Accidently On Purpose, though.

One of my favorite Big Bang episodes was the one where Sheldon was trying to get his drivers license.

I think the love interest thing for Sheldon could make for a series of hilarious episodes. I wouldn't worry about it being permanent - we know how Sheldon is! grin

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 11:36 AM

I love the one with Sheldon learning to drive! There aren't too many I didn't like, though. I love the camping trip one as well.
Posted By: Hrothgar Geiger

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 12:17 PM

Not so fond of Asperger-as-comedic-fodder.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 12:32 PM

One of my favorite episodes was the Christmas one when Penny got Sheldon the autographed napkin. Too darn funny.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Tigg
This is definitely a TV night at our house. I do miss Accidently On Purpose, though.

One of my favorite Big Bang episodes was the one where Sheldon was trying to get his drivers license.

I think the love interest thing for Sheldon could make for a series of hilarious episodes. I wouldn't worry about it being permanent - we know how Sheldon is! grin

It could be pretty good. I loved the episode where Sheldon was Raj's wingman and the girl was telling him Raj and her friend were getting hot and heavy in the other room, so could she stay in his room and he says of course and goes to stay in Leonard's room! DOH!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Hrothgar Gieger
Not so fond of Asperger-as-comedic-fodder.

I don't understand the context of this quote at all. Noone on the show has Aspergers.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 01:45 PM

The character of Sheldon displays a fair number of Asperger attributes and behaviors. You're correct, no one explicitly says "Sheldon has Asperger Syndrome.", they just use Asperger behaviors as the source of jokes. In my opinion.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Hrothgar Gieger
The character of Sheldon displays a fair number of Asperger attributes and behaviors. You're correct, no one explicitly says "Sheldon has Asperger Syndrome.", they just use Asperger behaviors as the source of jokes. In my opinion.

OK. The remote is a great invention.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 04:47 PM

Yes it is. I apologize if contrary opinions are not permitted in this thread.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 04:51 PM

Not the issue-just not seeing the Aspbergers link or using it as a source of the jokes.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 04:56 PM

Well, if you don't see the first, you can't see the second.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:03 PM

From Wikipedia:

Asperger's Syndrome - one of the autism spectrum disorders - intense preoccupation with a narrow subject, one-sided verbosity, restricted prosody, and physical clumsiness are typical of the condition, but are not required for diagnosis.

I remember they discussed this at the beginning of last season - but the writers insisted they took the character of Sheldon from the odd habits of many people they knew all put together, and not somebody with the disease.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:07 PM

Thank you.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:10 PM

Why does there always have to be an underlying issue? It's a silly, entertaining show. You either watch it or choose to change the channel.
Posted By: Neytiri

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:37 PM

They are physics geeks. Not known for their social skills. Bazinga!!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:39 PM

Can you imagine a sitcom about compliance and audit geeks?

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:41 PM

:pondering the symptoms I would show:

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Donna Banker
They are physics geeks. Not known for their social skills. Bazinga!!

Bingo! I don't think all the physics majors I knew in college that were somewhat like this had aspergers. I do, however, think that some of them were extremely smart, bookworms with very little in the way of social skills.

To me Sheldon is more about extreme left brain and minimal right brain dominance.
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:42 PM

Yes I could, but I don't think it would look much different. Except that the characters would look more frazzled, and we would be much cooler. smile
Posted By: Aggs

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
One of my favorite episodes was the Christmas one when Penny got Sheldon the autographed napkin. Too darn funny.

YES!!! We kept rewinding that and laughing our butts off. It was priceless! laugh His reaction was hilarious.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Can you imagine a sitcom about compliance and audit geeks?

Lessee - there's the one with the goose problem, the one who loves bacon, the one who's OCD, the "old" one, the big-haired one, the bouncy one....

Yep, I see a winner!! grin

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: JDP
Yes I could, but I don't think it would look much different. Except that the characters would look more frazzled, and we would be much cooler. smile

Well, yeah! That's a given!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:48 PM

Lessee - there's the one with the goose problem, the one who loves bacon, the one who's OCD, the "old" one, the big-haired one, the bouncy one....

Yep, I see a winner!! grin

::taps fingers on desk with snarky look on face::

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 05:49 PM

shocked

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 06:04 PM

One of the "unsaid" aspects of the show is how Leonard would have preferred to have Sheldon's mom as his own mother, and vise-versa.

Sheldon kind of reminds me of my own brother - brilliant but he has difficulty mastering some common every day situations. I don't think it's attributable to any "syndrome", it's just that he is focused on very complex issues and cannot be bothered with ordinary tasks.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/29/10 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Princess Rooney
One of the "unsaid" aspects of the show is how Leonard would have preferred to have Sheldon's mom as his own mother, and vise-versa.

Like in SNL's Mother Lover sorta way? eek
Posted By: *BUSTER*

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 04:32 PM

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 04:33 PM

Don't be makin fun of Meemaw!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 04:39 PM

Every week I laugh so hard because the characters in this show are an amazing combination of my dad, my brother and my husband. laugh Obviously the quirks on the show are taken to an extreme, but there are still enough similarities. My dad and my brother and their computer/electronic gadget obsessions, my dad's way of disliking movies that violate the laws of physics (the movie is supposed to be FUN, dad!) and my husband's comic book and action figure collections. LMAO

The one episode when Sheldon went off about how it was impossible for Superman to catch Lois Lane at the last minute (because the force of gravity would have split her in half when he caught her) was so like my dad, I was crying from laughing so hard. And the scenes at the comic book store are my husband to a T. Except he's very tall with a shaved head and looks like a bouncer and nobody dares call him a nerd! laugh

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 04:54 PM

I know last night's episode was a rerun but I still laughed just as hard as the first time I saw it. For those that missed it, it was the camping trip one where Leonard, Howard, and Raj eat the cookies laced with something from the hippies in the next camp site over. It's also the one where Penny falls in the shower and Sheldon has to take her to the ER.

My son told me I needed to calm down because I was laughing so hard!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: *BUSTER*

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr. smile

Are we starting a round? grin

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: *BUSTER*

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr. smile

Are we starting a round? grin

We only get to sing this if someone's sick!!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 06:09 PM

I'm sick of work...

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 06:09 PM

For all you astronomers out there, get ready, you're going to see the dark side of the moon.... LOOK, there's Uranus!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: B_F
For all you astronomers out there, get ready, you're going to see the dark side of the moon.... LOOK, there's Uranus!

OMG, I about died at that one! Sheldon's face when he saw his own actions on video was priceless!!! laugh
Posted By: Loralie

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/30/10 09:18 PM

That was one of my favorite episodes too. I absolutely love this show- I laugh hysterically almost every week. Though so far the Will Wheaton episode has to be my favorite.
Posted By: Blind Guardian

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:05 PM

Just ordered Season 1 on dvd from Amazon. I've never seen this show before but heard it was hilarious. It was only $15 bucks so what the heck.... I'll let you know what I think.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:12 PM

Wear what Sheldon wears! (T-Shirts)

"No, I’m going to ask him to choose between sex and Halo 3. As far as I know, sex has not been upgraded to include high-def graphics and enhanced weapon systems."

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:12 PM

OMG, apparently you can buy Raj's shirt with a soundtrack!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/?cpg=cj

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:24 PM

They get alot of the shirts from online retailers, I've been wanting to buy some of them myself.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:26 PM

Sheldon shirts apparently collects sites where you can order them online. I may have to order a shirt that says "Bazinga"!
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:35 PM

"I can also fry various meats as if they were chicken." laugh

By far the funniest show on TV, IMO. I laugh out loud every week.

Checking on the noise in the kitchen with the light saber was classic.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Blind Guardian
Just ordered Season 1 on dvd from Amazon. I've never seen this show before but heard it was hilarious. It was only $15 bucks so what the heck.... I'll let you know what I think.

That's how we got into this show. Season 2 was already almost over and we got season 1 on DVD on sale. We burned through it immediately (it was that funny to us) and then as soon as season 2 was on sale, we bought it to catch up. This and Modern Family are my favorite shows right now.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 06:06 PM

Digging the Modern Family too. Cougartown is growing on me.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 03/31/10 08:49 PM

There once was a brave lad named Leonard
With a Fi-Fididdle-de-dee
He faced a fearsome giant
While Raj just wanted to pee
Posted By: Neytiri

Re: Big Bang Theory - 04/05/10 05:39 PM

BB Theory comes on at 8:00 tonight to make way for the NCAA bb championship game at 9:00.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 04/05/10 08:49 PM

It's a rerun though, but one of the better ones. It's Sheldon vs. his archenemy Kripke (well, one of them at least).

The very end is absolutely hilarious!

I heard next week's new episode features the return of Will Wheaton!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 04/05/10 09:26 PM

That's 8:00 ET for those of us in different time zones.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 04/05/10 11:04 PM

7:00 Central! Thanks for the reminder! smile

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 03:52 PM

I'm bringing this thread back because I just saw a news article about Jim Parson, the actor that plays Sheldon.

I thought I'd seen somewhere that he's older than he looks and this article confirmed that he's 37! I never would have guessed that for his age! He looks so much younger than that. Aren't the guys in the show supposed to be in their 20's?

By the way, did anyone watch Monday night's episode? It wasn't their funniest one, but I still thought it was funny with Judy Greer playing Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 04:24 PM

Yes, I thought it was pretty good. I loved it when Dr. Plimpton looked at Raj and said she was ready for a little mocha.

Honestly, I would love for Leonard and Penny to get back together. I know that's a little ridiculous - why would I care - but they are just so cute.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 04:29 PM

Actually, I think they should get back together, too. I like Penny and Leonard as a couple.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 04:42 PM

The whole show is just a riot.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 05:26 PM

"You realize we'd all have to see each other naked, right?"

"I call it my night-time, sniffling, sneezing, aching, so you can talk to girls medicine!"
Posted By: FBH

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 07:41 PM

Funny show - and Penny is hot.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 07:42 PM

BAZINGA!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 07:45 PM

The best part of the other night's show with the ring was when Penny walked by and told him her bag was from Victoria's Secret. I'd have been gone in a second too.

Oh, and when Sheldon was dreaming and he turned into that freak from The Lord of The Rings in the bathroom mirror.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 07:51 PM

I just love this show. Didn't know for sure until last night that Howard and Bernadette broke up. She was cute.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 08:22 PM

I agree with Duchess Skittles - One of my favorite all-time scenes was when Penny gave Sheldon his Christmas present.

The look on his face when he saw Leonard Nimoy's autograph was great, but even more priceless when Penny apologized for the stain on the napkin because Leonard Nimoy had wiped his mouth on it.

Do you REALIZE what this MEANS????"

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 08:26 PM

I agree with Duchess Skittles - One of my favorite all-time scenes was when Penny gave Sheldon his Christmas present.

The look on his face when he saw Leonard Nimoy's autograph was great, but even more priceless when Penny apologized for the stain on the napkin because Leonard Nimoy had wiped his mouth on it.

Do you REALIZE what this MEANS????"

Yes, that is my favorite moment from all the episodes!! laugh His reaction was priceless!
Posted By: Trees

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/13/10 09:18 PM

I have loved this show from the start. I was so afraid that people wouldn't give it time. It's quirky and that's why I like it rather than the usual [censored] on TV these days.

I felt bad about the breakups - both of them. Maybe they will get back together. I liked both couples. Can't stop laughing at "got to base 12".

I also like how Sheldon and Penny have developed this nice little relationship rather than stay so adversarial all the time.

I also love it when the Moms visit. What great casting to have laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's Texas style Mom and Christine Barabski as the otherMom. And, of course Raj's parents with the need to watch Doogie hauser.......

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/14/10 12:07 PM

You all do realize that Laurie Metcalf was on Roseanne with David Galecki <Leonard> - and so was Sarah Gilbert <Dr. Leslie somethingorother>. I think that's kind of funny.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/14/10 02:28 PM

You all do realize that Laurie Metcalf was on Roseanne with David Galecki <Leonard> - and so was Sarah Gilbert <Dr. Leslie somethingorother>. I think that's kind of funny.

Yes, and Gilbert and Galecki, who played boyfriend and girlfriend on Roseanne had a sexual fling on Big Bang Theory.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/14/10 02:53 PM

Winkle - her name is Leslie Winkle. I figured I'd remember it eventually.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/14/10 04:06 PM

Can't wait for Monday... Preview says we find out how Leonard and Sheldon became roomies! Should be interesting.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/15/10 07:37 AM

Wolowitz to Koothrappali:
"You're missing the point, a Shiksa goddess is not an actual goddess, we prey on them, not to them."

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/15/10 07:45 AM

I noticed that too - sort of like a mini Roseanne reunion... minus Roseanne and John Goodman.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 12:29 PM

Nice "Firefly" reference during the flashback last night. Best show ever cancelled!!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 12:55 PM

Cancelled?

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 01:03 PM

Firefly. Fox cancelled Firefly after only 9-10 episodes. It was more of an assassination, really. The played the episodes out of order, juggled the timeslot, then cancelled it.

As a credit to all us Browncoats, Firefly was resurrected into the movie "Serenity," which gave us a little closure...

Sci-Fi homework assignment: Rent and watch the Firefly series and Serenity dvds. Repeat as necessary. wink laugh

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 01:06 PM

We own the Firefly series DVD. We tried to watch it but got stuck after 4-5 episodes and it lost me. I just don't think it's as good as everyone claims it to be.

I want to watch "Serenity" but hubby won't watch it until we get through the rest of Firefly. Which we never feel like watching - so I guess it will never happen... LOL

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 01:12 PM

I loved it last night when Howard's mother asked if he had friends over for a play date - and if their mother's knew where they were. Cracked me up!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 01:24 PM

I loved it last night when Howard's mother asked if he had friends over for a play date - and if their mother's knew where they were. Cracked me up!

Me too!

I was laughing so hard when they first showed Raj and Howard. Raj was wearing a total "Miami Vice" suit, I was rolling! And Howard's outfit was, as usual, hilarious. Leonard's hair in the beginning cracked me up too.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 02:26 PM

I was disappointed for the first time ever in this episode. It wasn't as funny as I am used to. That being said, I loved the look on Penny's face as she learned the story.

"There's no room for guests" Leonard
"Did you ever consider that it was by design?" Sheldon

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Nessie
We own the Firefly series DVD. We tried to watch it but got stuck after 4-5 episodes and it lost me. I just don't think it's as good as everyone claims it to be.

I want to watch "Serenity" but hubby won't watch it until we get through the rest of Firefly. Which we never feel like watching - so I guess it will never happen... LOL

I guess it's not for everyone. But then again, I watched the first episode or two when it originally aired on Fox and thought it was "okay," nothing fancy. It wasn't until after the series dvd came out that I watched them all, and I was hooked! Serenity is an AWESOME movie. You could probably watch Serenity without watching the original series - it gives oyu enough background to know the characters.
Posted By: Blind Guardian

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 05:09 PM

Firefly is awesome.
I picked it up not knowing anything about it and really enjoyed it. You're right about "Serenity"...you can watch it without watching the show because they do fill you in alot of backstory.
Posted By: PStateBank

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: B_F
I was disappointed for the first time ever in this episode. It wasn't as funny as I am used to. That being said, I loved the look on Penny's face as she learned the story.

"There's no room for guests" Leonard
"Did you ever consider that it was by design?" Sheldon

I absolutely loved it when they blew up the elevator!!! What about that roommate agreement?? That looks like a compliance policy...lol

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PStateBank

I absolutely loved it when they blew up the elevator!!! What about that roommate agreement?? That looks like a compliance policy...lol

I thought the same thing about the roommate agreement!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 06:48 PM

I was kinda envious... my compliance policy is not that detailed...

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/18/10 08:14 PM

Compliance policy? No - more like Regulation CC!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 01:41 PM

I think the funniest episode was when Leonard's mother and Penny went out drinking. They came back to the apartment and Leonard's mom kissed Sheldon.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:05 PM

^^^^

And right afterward said that she'd rather have the busboy!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:30 PM

Oh good grief!

AP has posted the Fall lineup announced by CBS, and Big Bang theory has been moved to Thursday at 8:00.
CBS Fall Schedule

My Monday just got a little darker.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:32 PM

Why do they do that? UGH

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:37 PM

You scared me for a moment. I was afraid it would be on against Grey's Anatomy, but your 8:00 is my 7:00! Whew!

Is Firefly the show that starred Nathan Fillion of Castle??

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Sox in 07
Why do they do that? UGH

Your avatar is...just...not...right.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:39 PM

CSI Miami is going to be on Sunday nights? Ugh. Well, I generally DVR it anyway. Also, looks like Ghost Whisperer is out. Did Charlie Sheen decide to stick with Two and a Half Men?

Sorry - I know this is off topic.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Is Firefly the show that starred Nathan Fillion of Castle??

Not quite. Nathan Fillion is the star of Firefly, who is on that show Castle. wink :p laugh

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:40 PM

I love Castle!!.....and Nathan Fillion!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:43 PM

Yes, Charlie Sheen is still doing Two and a Half Men. I wish they'd move THAT show instead of Big Bang Theory. I don't find Two and a Half Men funny at all...

So Thursdays I will have Big Bang, Fringe and CSI to watch. And Burn Notice. That will be a good night of TV for me! smile
Posted By: kms

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:46 PM

I just finished the book, [censored] my dad says. It was hilarious!!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/19/10 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By: FBH
Why do they do that? UGH

Your avatar is...just...not...right.

laugh

It isn't a slap at the Phillies...just couldn't find this in a size Yankee.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/20/10 02:50 PM

Why do they do that? UGH

To try to save a floundering CSI?

I'm not happy about the move.
Posted By: lynnway

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/20/10 05:36 PM

I'd have to admit that I stopped watching CSI after Grissom left. It was just so borrring! And I found Fringe, as well. I'm mad that they took Old Christine off, and they left Rules of Engagment on! mad But I read today that ABC might pick Christine up.. confused

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/20/10 05:59 PM

I actually really like CSI with Laurence Fishbourne on it. It was starting to get "stale" and having some changes was good for the show, IMHO. I like that Sara is back and it's known that she and Grissom are happily married and he's over in Europe (I think) teaching at a university. So there is some nice closure there, especially with Sara saying they're ok with the distance and it works for them.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/20/10 06:10 PM

I like it with Fishburn also...it needed a shake up, but the story of Grissom off teaching and Sara in LV is lame, IMHO.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/20/10 07:07 PM

It is pretty cheesy, I'll admit smile

But, they had to have SOME sort of excuse of why she's back working. The actress needed a job and fans of the show wanted her to be with Grissom. Problem solved with long-distance marriage. wink

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 01:21 PM

Okay, so we had DVR issues last night during Big Bang. Can anyone tell me what (if anything) happened toward the end of the show from the point where Raj tells Sheldon he put the dirty sock in the apartment and Sheldon says "curse you" and the ending scene at the coffee shop with Sheldon's date? I am guessing mainly commercials but wondered if I missed anything significant there. I only got the last couple seconds of the "date" scene but was able to view that final scene online this morning.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 03:09 PM

If you saw it online you saw it. The hidden sock was blackmail and Sheldon consented to the date. Then you saw the coffee shop scene. Between was commercials as I recall. Nothing pertinent to the show.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 03:43 PM

Has Sheldon met his match? I loved the reaction of Howard and Raj as they watched the dialog between Sheldon and Amy.

BTW - nice change up for the actress who played Blossom!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 04:01 PM

BTW - nice change up for the actress who played Blossom!

I recently watched that TLC show called "What Not to Wear" and she was on it. She dresses really frumpy and dumpy now! It's like an attempt at a Bohemian "granola" style, but everything she wears is so oversized it looks terrible! I was quite surprised when I saw the show! Very anti-Blossom!

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 04:06 PM

Isn't she a physicist in real life now? I thought I read that somewhere...
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 04:16 PM

yes...i believe she is!

i ♥ Sheldon smile

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Andy Z
If you saw it online you saw it. The hidden sock was blackmail and Sheldon consented to the date. Then you saw the coffee shop scene. Between was commercials as I recall. Nothing pertinent to the show.

Thank you! smile

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 04:45 PM

Did you see the part where drunk Leonard showed up at Penny's door basically saying "Hey, let's hook up!" and she shut the door in his face? I'm not sure that was after the dirty sock blackmail or not.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 05:01 PM

I'm thinking that the show was longer than it's alloted time last night. My DVR cut off right when the guys walked in the coffee shop to meet Amy too. Luckily, I was DVR'ing CSI Miami right afterwards, so I got to watch the final scene.
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 05:47 PM

yep....LG...it went about a minute over

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Nessie
Did you see the part where drunk Leonard showed up at Penny's door basically saying "Hey, let's hook up!" and she shut the door in his face? I'm not sure that was after the dirty sock blackmail or not.

No, I don't remember that. I saw the part where Leonard went to Leslie Winkle's apartment but I don't remember what you are describing.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 06:15 PM

It was after he went to Leslie's apartment. He was devestated when Penny said that their 'night' was a mistake and was trying to re-create that for himself. Didn't work with either woman.
Posted By: Baseball2013

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 06:26 PM

Yes, I believe they were able to get Charlie Sheen to sign for two more seasons.

Re: Big Bang Theory - 05/25/10 06:57 PM

It was after he went to Leslie's apartment. He was devestated when Penny said that their 'night' was a mistake and was trying to re-create that for himself. Didn't work with either woman.

I liked his "I sense a double standard here!" comment as he stomped off laugh