Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here

Posted By: RBanker

Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 05/29/10 03:00 PM

on the Saturday of a 3 day weekend?

I would be on my previously scheduled 10 day trip home to IL for my nephews graduations and my girlfriends family reunion - but instead I'm here prepping for 10 examiners coming in on Tuesday - our very FIRST full exam as we've been open for 11 months.

Yay!

(I did find out how easy it is to change travel plans when you fly with Southwest - that was the only positive out of the whole deal!)
Posted By: 80's Lady

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/01/10 04:40 PM

Best of luck on your Exam, R Banker. I have had "visitors" for the past 3 weeks myself and am glad to see them go!
Posted By: Relax

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 05:04 PM

I would be on vacation at a remote beach somewhere with all my family. And the grill would be going...cooking fresh fish we just caught earlier that day.
Posted By: Rie A

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:18 PM

Anywhere but here? laugh

If I had my choice: vacationing in Aruba, or at my dad's beach house, or in the WV mountains, or Las Vegas, or Disney World with the kids, or Georgia for the Masters with hubby........... I could go on and on and on grin
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:28 PM

I would be in a memory care unit
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:30 PM

How can you tell that you were not just there?

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: EdAudit
How can you tell that you were not just there?

good thing I don't remember where you live....
Posted By: ~MunQue~

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:43 PM

Naples beach in florida (no signs of oil yet). Sitting in the sand staring out into the ocean with wet hair, a cold beer and my best friend.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:51 PM

^^I like this answer, but would say any beach without oil.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ~MunQue~
Naples beach in florida (no signs of oil yet). Sitting in the sand staring out into the ocean with wet hair, a cold beer and my best friend.

Hey, that's exactly where I am right now.....well, about 1 mile from the beach anyway cool
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 07:22 PM

Heaven.

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 07:31 PM

MB is plain evil.....I bet he is in sandals at work too....
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 07:46 PM

Pale, please, sandals would be unprofessional, and I find barefeet much more free. smirk
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 08:38 PM

Somewhere in the cooler Northwest..........it's starting to get hot here in Texas, forecast for Sat. and Sun. 100 with 105-108 heat index, and this is still springtime???

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 08:53 PM

lows in the 80's at night Quads, and the humidity up there too; I am too old for this.....
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 09:45 PM

Sounds like I'm going to just hang where I am. MOML and I were just talking about how we don't vacation in the summer. Private pool, family and friends, all my stuff and I get to show off my cooking.

Now come winter, when my examiners are want to show up, I head to the islands. Hopefully the oil slick won't reach St. Lucia or Antigua. Maybe this will be the impetus to get us to take the Europe trip for when 'where would I be?' hits next.
Posted By: kms

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/02/10 11:58 PM

South Padre Island National Seashore!!(no oil there either)
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/03/10 03:13 AM

Maui...on the beach...in my Speedo blush
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/03/10 12:05 PM

In the mountains somewhere sipping wine while sitting in a hot tub. Heaven for me!
Posted By: dottiec

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/03/10 12:24 PM

In the Galapagos Islands. I just got back three weeks ago and I would go back in a second!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/03/10 01:11 PM

I have always wanted to do that, Dottiec!
Posted By: SunnyT

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/04/10 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Originally Posted By: ~MunQue~

Hey, that's exactly where I am right now.....well, about 1 mile from the beach anyway cool

And I'm about an hour north cool (Hi MB)

Dress sandals grin

I'd just be on the beach here.....
Posted By: ~MunQue~

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/04/10 02:39 PM

My husband spent a couple 15 years in the navy, so he swears there are so many better beaches out there (but I'd have to travel further) but I love Naples beach... to the left of the pier, so I can watch the fishermen catch the sting ray on accident. Last year when we went we had dolphins, probably about 5 of them, about 40 feet from us doing tricks, it was awesome, they won me over, that's my favorite beach.
Posted By: NotPerfect

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/04/10 05:59 PM

St. Lucia. Was there for my honeymoon and wanted to go back ever since. Would also love to see Ireland.
Posted By: Fraudman CFCI

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/04/10 07:07 PM

Mohegan Sun!
Posted By: GenerousLife

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/04/10 09:56 PM

Anyplace sitting on the porch, warm sun, cool breeze, babbling brook nearby and my grandkids sitting on my lap, daughters nearby.
Posted By: Trees

Re: Where would you be, if you didn't have to be here - 06/09/10 03:05 PM

Looking out the window of my own lighthouse, on the East Coast which I somehow managed to purchase (this is a dream, folks). Watching the sun set on the water. I see my flowerbox outside the window, too. I have a glass of wine in my hand (red, dry, nice tannins). I have a plate of goodies within reach, too. Some cheese, crackers, veggies. No talking, nonewspapers, no TV, not even music at the moment, but I will allow that at times. I decide to take a walk a bit later along the shoreline.