Happy 10th Anniversary BOL

Posted By: William J. Ludwig

Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 10:58 AM

Hello everyone. William J. Ludwig BOL Member # 11 here.

I haven’t posted in 4 years since I retired from banking after 42 years.

But I did remember the date that Mary Beth Guard started Bankers Online and wanted to come back to congratulate all on what a great Web site this has become.

A little history, before BOL there was The Money Page, and ABA’s Compliance Talk. (both are long gone).

According to my research Richard Insley BOL # 5 registered on 10/26/00 @ 12 noon.
(I don’t remember who the first 4 were. Maybe Mary Beth or Michelle Petry can fill in the names.)

A bunch of us registered on 10/27/00 at 12 noon:

John Burnett - # 8
Andy Z - # 9
Jim Bedsole - #10
William J. Ludwig - # 11
Al Miller - # 13

And then it grew, and grew, and grew to becoming the Premier Web site for compliance issues.

I know some of you know that I had a perfect streak in attending all of ABA’s Regulatory conferences until I retired. I do miss those conferences and the opportunity to meet with fellow BOL members ( Hello to Waldensouth & Kaybee).

All the drinks are on me today. So let’s indulge and celebrate!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 12:48 PM

Congrats BOL!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 12:53 PM

BILL!! Hello and how are you? So nice to hear from you.

I remember when we changed from the Money Page Forum - Andy had to tell me it was okay to switch - that the owners really wanted to close it down. Congrats BOL!
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 12:59 PM

I luv BOL! Congrats, MBG!
Posted By: A_G

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 01:00 PM

where's the BOL birthday cake?! laugh

Congrats! cool
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 01:03 PM

Happy birthday BOL
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 01:11 PM

Happy 10th BOL, and many more!!!

BOL has been my #1 source for compliance information. With all the regulatory changes, I shudder to think what I would do without it.

Thank you, Mary Beth, Michelle, and everyone who had a hand in starting this wonderful site!
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 01:16 PM

Happy Birthday! And ditto SF. I can't imagine not having this source to rely on.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:18 PM

Happy Birthday to BOL! Many thanks to MBG, Michele, and CC.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: E.G.Booooooo
and CC.

Sabathia?
Posted By: Miss Chee

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:25 PM

Oh my...Al Miller. There's a name I haven't heard in a while. We used to banter lending.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:36 PM

Al's still around, he pops up once in a while with some words of wisdom.
Posted By: MoodyBlue

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:52 PM

I LOVE this place!!

Happy Birthday BOL!!!!!
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:54 PM

I loved the Money Page.

I was skeered of BOL for a long time.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:55 PM

Happy Birthday to BOL!

Thank you very much to MB, Michele, and CC.
Posted By: Snow Bunny

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 02:57 PM

Happy Birthday BOL!

::pops champagne::

Here's to many, many more!
Posted By: DEL

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:17 PM

Happy Birthday! I can barely remember how we functioned before this resource was available! This is now the first and best place I look when I have any question.
Posted By: QCL

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: E.G.Booooooo
Happy Birthday to BOL! Many thanks to MBG, Michele, and CC.

Amen to that!!!
Thanks to the trio of BOL queens and a special thanks to your loyal subjects at BOL for all they do!
Posted By: homestar

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:28 PM

Hello! Member #95 checking in to say Happy Anniversary and thanks for all the help during the past 10 years.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:29 PM

I wasn't signed up on the first day, but soon thereafter. I had known Mary Beth for 6 years before she created BOL and knew it was coming, just didn't get there on THE Day! This is been a wonderful resource and I don't know what I would do without it.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:33 PM

Happy birthday BOL. Here's to many more!

Ditto on the congrats and thanks to Mary Beth, Michele and Carin for all of their hard work to make this happen.
Posted By: Dip

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:36 PM

:: jumps out of the BOL birthday cake, covered in frosting and crumbs ::

Happy Birthday BOL!
Posted By: bOaty

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:42 PM

Happy birthday BOL!!!

And thank you MBG and everyone who administrates and monitors this site. Even though some of us ( whistle ) can be a pain sometimes, we really do appreciate all that you do!!
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:50 PM

I'd been in mortgage compliance for years before I jumped ship. Seven years ago, an old friend (now my boss) asked me to come back 'just to help with a special project'. Special project turned out to be HMDA which I had no idea about. Googled and BOL popped up and the rest is history.

Ditto all the thanks to MB, Michelle, Carin, Andy, all the gurus and everyone else who's made this job do-able over the last seven years for me.

Happy 10th Anniversary!!!
Posted By: califgirl

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DEL
Happy Birthday! I can barely remember how we functioned before this resource was available! This is now the first and best place I look when I have any question.

Ditto that!

Congrats and thank you to BOL!
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: William J. Ludwig
Hello everyone. William J. Ludwig BOL Member # 11 here.

I haven’t posted in 4 years since I retired from banking after 42 years.

But I did remember the date that Mary Beth Guard started Bankers Online and wanted to come back to congratulate all on what a great Web site this has become.

A little history, before BOL there was The Money Page, and ABA’s Compliance Talk. (both are long gone).

According to my research Richard Insley BOL # 5 registered on 10/26/00 @ 12 noon.
(I don’t remember who the first 4 were. Maybe Mary Beth or Michelle Petry can fill in the names.)

A bunch of us registered on 10/27/00 at 12 noon:

John Burnett - # 8
Andy Z - # 9
Jim Bedsole - #10
William J. Ludwig - # 11
Al Miller - # 13

And then it grew, and grew, and grew to becoming the Premier Web site for compliance issues.

I know some of you know that I had a perfect streak in attending all of ABA’s Regulatory conferences until I retired. I do miss those conferences and the opportunity to meet with fellow BOL members ( Hello to Waldensouth & Kaybee).

Bill, Louvera and I have wondered from time to time what happened to you. Glad you remember us! It is wonderful to hear from you. We do miss you here.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 04:25 PM

Truly, how did we function effectively before BOL? Thanks for all the resources, moral support, answers and information for the last 10 years. Hope there are many, many more to come.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 04:27 PM

Happy Birthday BOL!

I have learned so much on here and have met some amazing people.

Networking at its finest.
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 04:44 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOL!!!

A great source, life would truly be tough without you.

Thanks to all who have a part in this great resource.

God Bless and may there be many more Birthdays!
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 05:27 PM

Congrats MBG!! I truly dont know how you do it all! But I know that you have incredible staff and support!

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: William J. Ludwig

:: gets up on the bar, still covered in frosting ::

Um, ahem, I think this was supposed to be a bar, but NO ONE IS DRINKING?!?! This is so un-BOLey...
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 05:49 PM

There should be champagne for everyone! Duck - I'm getting ready to pop the cork!

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Boo-h
Happy Birthday BOL!

::pops champagne::

Here's to many, many more!

Ummm, Ladies, Posted way up there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

laugh

I'm enjoying the bubbly all by myself. Can I pour you some?

smile
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 06:10 PM

Depends, are you going to be like Deek and pretend to pour us some out of her empty bottle? smile
Posted By: OkieOps

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 06:13 PM

Happy Anniversary! I wasn't there on day one, but shortly after. Have learned ALOT from this place!

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Eddy Gein
Depends, are you going to be like Deek and pretend to pour us some out of her empty bottle? smile

Nope. I've got a pallet full back here.

smile
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 06:19 PM

Dip = shocked blush

I didn't know that this was THAT kind of bar. Not sure it is appropriate for me to stay in here.

But I will take some cake to go. whistle
Posted By: RBanker

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 06:55 PM

Just returned from the SWGSB BOI School - several instructors and regulators referred to BOL as a resource!!!
I was proud to say I already knew that!
Congrats on 10 wonderful, helpful years!

I had to go look - I'm member #1943 - thought to myself - wow, that's a lot of members, then went and looked and saw member #24103 - that's 22,160 since I joined - WOW!
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 07:01 PM

Happy Anniversary! Next May will be 10 years I've been a member and I couldnt' have made it this far without y'all! Thank you! smile And such wonderful people I've met through here.

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 07:20 PM

I started in banking almost 10 years ago, and BOL has been with me every step of the way...wasn't it www.bankinfo.com (or was that the money page mentioned above).

I was a lurker for over a year before I gathered up the courage to register smile - back then you could post in any forum without registering.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 07:49 PM

Member #115 here. Happy Birthday BOL! I have found answers to questions, jokes, recipes, solutions to problems, a ton of support, friends I'll have forever, and an answer to a prayer. Thanks so much! Imagine what could have been accomplished had I found BOL 133 days sooner......
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:03 PM

Happy Birthday BOL!!! I'm so glad our bank's accountant put me on to BOL several years ago......

It's just like breathing, can't get along without it.
Posted By: Bank Angler

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:04 PM

Happy 10th anniversary to BOL and also to me. I can't believe I've been in banking for 10 years, but I can remember finding Moneypage.com shortly after I started in banking and right before it shut down. I hung on to Money page for as long as it ran before coming over to BOL. What an evolution. It is truly a great resource for every banker.

Thanks BOL

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Purple Pride
Dip = shocked blush

I didn't know that this was THAT kind of bar. Not sure it is appropriate for me to stay in here.

But I will take some cake to go. whistle

Oh no no no, not to worry...under all thsi frosting, there's an itty bitty bikini! Lol!
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:07 PM

Member #1268 and I don't even remember how I stumbled into this website, but I certainly am glad I did...it's a lifesaver in more than one ways, including knowing you are not in this rocky boat alone!

Thanks BOL...you truly are the BEST!.

And, Mr. Ludwig..I'm impressed that you thought of this anniversary...wow!
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:09 PM

Important Dates in BOL History....

August 25, 2004: Swimware joins BOL

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: thomasj
Member #115 here. Happy Birthday BOL! I have found answers to questions, jokes, recipes, solutions to problems, a ton of support, friends I'll have forever, and an answer to a prayer. Thanks so much! Imagine what could have been accomplished had I found BOL 133 days sooner......

....TJ - then you most likely wouldn't be who you are today, and wouldn't have what you now have today smile

Back to the thread----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 08:54 PM

Oh, I'm member #6135. smile LOL
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: thomasj

Hey...I was #114!!
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 09:16 PM

As this is the end of the day for me and I had noticed that we did not thank our Vendors for making this all possible.

Thank you vendors
Posted By: William J. Ludwig

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 09:22 PM

Ok - A little more history. Bankinfo.com was a separate website from The Money Page. Mary Beth ran it before she created BOL.

Here's an interview she did on identity theft many moons ago.

http://www.identitytheft.org/bankinv.htm
Posted By: Comply 101

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 09:58 PM

Happy 10th Anniversary from member no 267. Thanks for all your help throughout the years especially early on. Thanks to Lucy Griffin for helping me find this wonderful tool at ACB compliance school many years ago.
Posted By: Rocky P

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/26/10 11:13 PM

In June 2003, I had a question and a very wise compliance officer told me a secret - "go to www.bankersonline.com" they know everything.

It's true - that was the best advice I ever got. Thanks Jeff.
Posted By: Mary Beth Guard

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 12:32 AM

It has been a wonderful 10 years, full of amazing firsts. It has been a thrill to see the site become a hub for a close knit community of bankers striving to do their jobs and serve their communities during some incredibly challenging times.

I have had the good fortune to meet many of you in person. Many of the rest of you feel like personal friends because I have come to know you online.

I am so glad someone mentioned thanking the vendors. Often, people will ask how we are able to make the site available at no cost to the users. It's possible, in part, due to the support of the vendors you see advertising on the site. We urge you to think of them first when you have a product or service need. And don't forget to tell them you appreciate their supoprt of BankersOnline.

Bankersonline -- the place where thousands of questions have been asked and answered. Information, camaraderie, peace of mind, and a dash of humor added in.

Thank you, Bill, for kicking off this salute. We share your warm memories and thank all of you for making the site what it is today.

The BOL Gurus have been an essential ingredient in the site's success as well. These experts devote their time and expertise to help enlighten and inform. They are an incredible bunch of individuals and we are very grateful for their efforts.

The moderators work tirelessly to try to keep order on the cyberfrontier. You might be shocked to see some of the posts that surface -- hideous discussion board spam with large doses of raunch added in. Their actions may spark a dissent occasionally, but the moderators help keep the site from being on many a bank's banned list by exercising necessary discretion. We don't have enough mouse fingers and eyeballs to police it all with staff alone. The mods perform a vital service.

To those of you who, over the years, have made suggestions, provided feedback, offered up corrections, we love it! To those of you who developed cheat sheets, charts, spreadsheets, signs, and donated them for posting in Banker Tools, you ROCK! To those of you who patiently provide guidance and insight through frequent postings on the Threads, we applaud you, and we learn from you every day. Kudos to those who have contributed Banker Humor and ideas for eCards. Many of you feel a sense of pride in BankersOnline because you kinow you have helped shape the site with your ideas and contributions.

On behalf of the BankersOnline staff -- THANK YOU! It's been amazing!

Mary Beth
Carin ("CC")
Michele
George
Andy
John
Sam
Patricia
Brenda
Cindy
Tobi
Chad
Kelly
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 02:17 AM

Congratulations as well from #75. I was a little slow switching. For some reason I signed up on December 27, 2000. Must have been a slow day at work or was on my to do list before year end!
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 07:12 PM

#156 here, I had no idea that I was that early in the process. I do remember realizing very quickly how fabulous this site was. Thank you to all the BOL crew, gurus and members that helped me through the years.

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 07:43 PM

Had to go find my # too: #757 smile
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 07:48 PM

I'm #1083 - and only 4 months behind QCL. Must have been a lot of people registering during 2002.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 08:04 PM

I thought I registered in 1902.
Posted By: Pup

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/27/10 08:11 PM

#2154 here. I registered on 9/19/03 and can safely say that BOL is one key ingredient to the simply fact that I am still in my career field.

My banking career began on 1/4/01, but I began working in Fraud just before I registered.

I, too, have had the privilege of meeting several BOLers, whether through conferences, luncheons at the Guard residence or on rollercoasters in Texas. What a quality group of people!!
Posted By: buggs

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/28/10 10:42 PM

Happy Anniversary!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 10/28/10 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Pale
I thought I registered in 1902.

^^^^ remembers the Y1K panic wink

Happy Birthday BOL! The value of this site and its founders, gurus, contributors and vendors is second to none!
Posted By: LoisLane

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 11/01/10 08:26 PM

Hi all, and congratulations to BOL. I'm too busy being retired to check in very often, but very glad I did now to be part of this occassion.

Congrats to Mary Beth, the guru's, and the great users.

Lois
Posted By: SoCal Gal

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 11/03/10 01:56 AM

I agree, I can't imagine beginning and staying in Compliance, and now BSA, without BOL! Even though I have been in banking since 1982, I have learned more simply by reading the threads; the great questions that I wouldn't have even known to ask and the responses full of knowledge and experience, than I could possibly have imagined!

A huge Thank You to the whole BOL family!

I LOVE BOL! (and have buttons that say so to prove it!)

(Member #1312)
Registered On: 12/04/02 06:46 PM
Posted By: Bartman

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL - 11/03/10 08:02 PM

Thank you, Mary Beth...

#12 (not Tom Brady).