Customer Service Week

Posted By: VT Banker

Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 09:37 AM

Just wondering if your bank is celebrating Customer Service week-Oct 6th-10th? If you are, what kind of activities are you doing? This will be our 2nd year of promoting this event- last year was a so-so effort mainly because we weren't sure how to best promote it and started too late.

I have just come off 3 committees dealing with rewriting Disaster Recovery, writing our new ISP and CIP and I now need FUN!
Posted By: Johncrcm

Re: Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 01:03 PM

no comment on the customer service week but,
don't ya just love writing the CIP's and the recoveries, and the aml's when it should be the operations and the exec's should be in charge.

Let John do it, he knows all that stuff. . .
Posted By: RBanker

Re: Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 01:47 PM

We have generally left Cust Apprec (CA) activities up to our banking centers and they have done things like;
Hawaiin Day
50's day
Doughnuts and coffee
Freebies (Keychains, letter openers, etc)
Home made sundaes and floats
Breakfast at the bank (homemade breakfast tacos)
etc
We have many times taken the ideas from the front-line staff - What would they want to do to have some fun?
Hope that helps!

Re: Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 02:37 PM

Quote:

no comment on the customer service week but,
don't ya just love writing the CIP's and the recoveries, and the aml's when it should be the operations and the exec's should be in charge.

Let John do it, he knows all that stuff. . .

You got that right! It's exhausting on top of your real job.

Re: Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 02:41 PM

Quote:

We have generally left Cust Apprec (CA) activities up to our banking centers and they have done things like;
Hawaiin Day
50's day
Doughnuts and coffee
Freebies (Keychains, letter openers, etc)
Home made sundaes and floats
Breakfast at the bank (homemade breakfast tacos)
etc
We have many times taken the ideas from the front-line staff - What would they want to do to have some fun?
Hope that helps!

Thanks, those were some of our ideas, too but you have a few we didn't think of. We are also giving them a Pizza lunch on the last day and supplying lots of candy during the week- they love candy!
Posted By: Christina

Re: Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 03:14 PM

We do not celebrate customer service week, but I would like to implement it next year. Go to Customer Service Week for some great ideas and products. I'm on their mailing list and receive weekly e-mails with different ideas and approaches to celebrate Customer Service Week. Customer service is so important and so easily forgotten - these e-mails are a great reminder.

Let me know how the celebration goes for you!
Posted By: Jayda's Mom

Re: Customer Service Week - 08/27/03 05:21 PM

All the bank officers treat the rest of the staff to breakfast on Friday morning. The staff receives an invitation along with a menu. Our menu generally has stuff like strawberry waffles, pancakes, omelets, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns...etc. We make all the food that morning (in the bank lobby). Customers always know when this day comes because the entire building smells like bacon. After breakfast is served we hand out presents for each employee. Our gift spending limit is $10 and we pull names out of a hat. Inevitably one of the guys always gets a nice potporri holder or smelly candles and the girls get the auto kits and flashlights!