Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp

Posted By: Jokerman

Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/14/12 03:48 AM

... he didn't understand family in the normal sense. He knew that he would be punished if his mother and brother tried to escape. So to him, there was no choice but to tell the guards of their plan ...

"I was 14 years old when my mother and brother were publically executed, but I felt no emotion," Shin said. "Rather, I felt relieved that I was not the one that was tied to the wooden stake ... I felt my mom and brother broke the prison camp rules so that they deserved what they were going through ..."

He watched as his mother was hanged and his brother was killed by a firing squad. It was two years after escaping to South Korea when he finally felt any guilt.

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?p...30017_pageNum_1
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/16/12 09:52 PM

This must be a mistake. North Korea is a happy worker's paradise where everyone loves their leader. Why would someone escape?
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 04:58 PM

A funny thing happened on the way to the gulag...
Posted By: A_G

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 05:23 PM

hmmmm
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 06:11 PM

Well this is an interesting example of selective scripting.
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 06:54 PM

I heard part of the interview and some analysis of his story. The mental torture along with the physical can really affect your concept of reality.
Posted By: QCL

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
Well this is an interesting example of selective scripting.

Thank you for your comment. After receiving a notification, I was prompted to make a correction.
As you can see, I corrected the title of this tread.
Then, since the complaints about the title were no longer relevant I removed those.
Posted By: Bob The Banker

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 08:02 PM

This fellow would make a good compliance officer. Sticks to the rules and has no remorse for those who don't.
Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob The Banker
This fellow would make a good compliance officer. Sticks to the rules and has no remorse for those who don't.

I don't know...

Quote:
... It was two years after escaping to South Korea when he finally felt any guilt.

...sounds a little soft if you ask me.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 08:20 PM

NBC Nightly News reported last week that malnutrition has caused the NK Army to reduce its height requirement to 4'9". In the fewer than 70 years since the end of WW2, the North Koreans have become substantially smaller than their South K cousins.

There is probably no better argument for democracy and free enterprise than the differences between North and South.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 08:39 PM

Read an article in our paper this weekend that a group of reporters were in N Korea, not really sure the purpose of the visit, but their tour busses (there were 3) took a wrong turn from the "perfectly paved and clean marble lined streets" into a pothole filled dirt road in the middle of the capital and went about 3-4 blocks into squallor, realizing their mistake they hastily reversed course back to cleanliness...their "tour guides" kindly reminded them that taking pictures outside of approved areas and writing about the erroneous wrong turn was forbidden.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/17/12 09:37 PM

They were invited to observe the 'festivities' of the rocket 'agricultural satellite' launch.
Posted By: Bob The Banker

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/18/12 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Jay
They were invited to observe the 'festivities' of the rocket 'agricultural satellite' launch.

If they were late, they were strapped to it.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/18/12 02:22 PM

this member of the axis of evil thrives because we give them legitimacy by making deals that they promptly violate, time and time again....
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Horrors Of North Korea Labor Camp - 04/18/12 03:12 PM

Thank you for your comment, but lets try to keep the new posting giudelines in mind, and steer the conversation away from a political skew.

Regards.

That said, I could not imagine the guilt he lives with, but with your own survival on the line... I just cannot imagine.