pickup truck accident with 23 aboard

Posted By: Pale Rider

pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 04:15 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/23/10-...test=latestnews

bald/retread tires, speed and colliding with 2 large trees results in 13 dead, 10 injured....ICE is on the scene since IDs have not been found on anyone...very sad
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 05:22 PM

Very sad, but even sadder is that this is not surprising.
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 05:31 PM

I'll make no comment on imigration, but how many of us have ever felt like our lives sucked so bad that we were willing to crawl into a pickup that had bad tires with 23 other people in 100+ degree heat in orfer to try to escape it.

My life is really quite wonderful. Thank all of you that help make it that way.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 06:20 PM

another article I read did not mention the occupants as possible illegal, but did mention the make and model of the truck...some very interesting reporting that no one wants to draw conclusions about the occupants...
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
I'll make no comment on imigration, but how many of us have ever felt like our lives sucked so bad that we were willing to crawl into a pickup that had bad tires with 23 other people in 100+ degree heat in orfer to try to escape it.

Even sadder is risking your children as well. The article states that two young children were among the dead.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
another article I read did not mention the occupants as possible illegal, but did mention the make and model of the truck...some very interesting reporting that no one wants to draw conclusions about the occupants...

ABC News reports that several are tea partiers.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

My life is really quite wonderful. Thank all of you that help make it that way.

:like

I think sometimes we forget that this is still the country other people want to come to, at risk of life and limb. How many of us have relatives that came here with very little, except hope. There was a reason the ships the Irish came over on were called "coffin ships." We're fortunate to be here.
Posted By: NU Rhules

Re: pickup truck accident with 23 aboard - 07/23/12 08:56 PM

...we're fortunate to be here legally.