iPad 2 vs iPad mini

Posted By: RR Becca

iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:19 PM

Does anybody here know anything about the pros & cons between these two? I'm looking at them as a possible Christmas gift for the hubby. Neither of us are techies. At all. All I really know for sure is that I want to get him one with cellular access because he travels so much.
Posted By: straw

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:21 PM

what will be the primary purpose? If for entertainment, reading, gaming, videos, then Ipad@ is better, since larger screen.

If primarity for use as cell phone, then mini would be better because it is smaller, although if primarily a cell phone, best to get Iphone.

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:26 PM

He's already got an iPhone. He'll use this as a larger screen for general web access, email, music, etc. I haven't found a mini in a store yet so that I could get my hands on it and see what the difference in screen size is. I guess they're not much bigger than the phone?
Posted By: Peepers

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Bimmer
The mini uses the processor that was in last year's ipad. The new ipad has a faster processor this year. As far as the size of the products, I have the ipad 2 and I like it for email, web surfing, movies, etc. To me, the mini just seems too small especially for watching movies. The ipad is small enough the way it is and much more comfortable to use than even a 13" MacBook Pro
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:41 PM

I think you're going to have a hard time finding a mini, though. From what I hear they are sold out in many retail outlets.
Posted By: basilring

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:46 PM

I have an iPad 2 and love it. Don't know much about the mini :-(
Posted By: edAudit

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Peepers
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
The mini uses the processor that was in last year's ipad. The new ipad has a faster processor this year. As far as the size of the products, I have the ipad 2 and I like it for email, web surfing, movies, etc. To me, the mini just seems too small especially for watching movies. The ipad is small enough the way it is and much more comfortable to use than even a 13" MacBook Pro

Thanks Peepers I was looking for that post smile

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 04:02 PM

Thanks, y'all! I knew there had been good info somewhere in here previously but didn't have any luck with a search.
Posted By: straw

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 06:58 PM

we raffled off minis at our holiday party last week. There size is right in between an Ipad and Iphone.

I would go with the Ipad.
Posted By: Blade Scrapper

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 07:03 PM

Bimmer would be a great resource to ask about this.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 07:12 PM

Isn't the mini more the size of the Nook or Kindle? I really like the size of my regular iPad 2.

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 07:15 PM

Well - so much for that plan. I was going to pick one up during lunch today. On my way out of the parking lot, the hubby calls and informs me that we are going to have to remodel both bathrooms sometime in the next couple of months due to water damage. Looks like we're getting new plumbing for Christmas. crazy
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: iPad 2 vs iPad mini - 12/18/12 08:36 PM

Bimmer would be pleased!