Anyone else have the crud?

Posted By: *W*W*

Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 06:14 PM

I can't breaffe. My head weighs a ton. My nose is running and I'm coughing.

Anyone else?
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 06:18 PM

::Makes a cross with with fingers::
Get Back!!! eek

Seriously, hope you get better! It's all over the place here (OKC).
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 06:34 PM

Hope you're posting from your bed, at home! frown

Lots of junk going around here too.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 06:45 PM

i feel great! well, except for the severely sprained ankle...but hey, i can breathe!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 06:55 PM

It is starting... eek
Posted By: basilring

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 06:58 PM

I have been religiously drinking Emergen-C since the holidays... SOOOOOOO don't want to get sick!
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 07:01 PM

::sprays lysol all over the thread:
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 07:08 PM

you can run, but you cannot hide!

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 07:13 PM

::Drinks EmergenC, takes vitamins, uses steri-wipes on keyboard, Lysol's employees, rubs lucky rabbits foot::
grin
ACHOOOOO! crazy laugh
Posted By: manimal

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 07:18 PM

Both types of flu (cold and stomach) are running rampant around here. So far I've been able to stay healthy.

::crosses everything::
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 07:34 PM

Go get your flu shots people!!!!!
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 07:54 PM

My 39 yo cousin just got out after 1 week in the hospital. He had pnuemonia (sp?) in both lungs and two different strains of the flu. 8 dead in Oklahoma and he is very lucky to not be the 9th. One school up by Tulsa is closed because so many are out with it.
Posted By: Sci_Comply

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:00 PM

We almost had to break out our business contigency plan a couple of weeks ago. A lot of our employees had the flu but I've been lucky enough to evade it so far. (I did have a brief case of strep, but that is unrelated and something I get about once a year.) I eat about 4 "cutie" oranges a day, take vitamins, exercise regularly and drink A TON of water. I also close myself off in my office and Lysol everything. wink
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Dog
::sprays lysol all over the thread:

Ditto. Ew.
Posted By: bOaty

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:17 PM

No I don't and I don't want it!!

::backs out of thread::

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:19 PM

I just made a lysol cloud rain down upon the cube of a coworker that we had to kick out for their sickness. At least three now with stomach flu issues.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:21 PM

I escaped the first round of flu in our house but have fallen victim to the second. cry

And yes, we all had our flu shots. The shots 'missed' this year on the 2 strains that are running rampant.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:39 PM

I received the flu as a going away present when I left Texas on Sunday. I've been home all week. frown

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/11/13 08:55 PM

My baby tested positive for the flu last week. He's on the mend. I had my flu shot. The doc said this is either a mild case of what my little one had or another virus. Nothing to do but treat the symptoms.

I'm at work, but I will not be leaving my house all weekend.
Posted By: bOaty

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/14/13 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta
No I don't and I don't want it!!

::backs out of thread::

I've got it now. frown

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/14/13 03:50 PM

frown
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/14/13 04:22 PM

Had the intestinal "24 hour gut evacuation" last week. Have been fighting a sinus infection for about a week. Lots of coughing and sneezing in the office.

<<<have not and never will get the flu shot.
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/14/13 05:53 PM

I got the flu shot for my son - with asthma they damn near call it child abuse if you don't. I don't personally get it, but the only time I have really gotten a bad case of the flu is one year when I DID get the ful shot. I know it isn't likely related and was probably a different strain, but in my head it is connected.

So far everyone has the sniffles, but hasn't gotten any worse than that (keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!) Hope you all feel better soon!!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 03:20 PM

The shot this year does protect against the H3N2 strain of flu and that's the one that's killing folks. As an asthma sufferer, I get the flu shot every year as does my daughter.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 03:54 PM

I agree with you if you have Asthma Walden - there is no way I would go a year without it for my son.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 03:54 PM

Got my shot but didn't get it until December. I had gotten bronchitis and sinusitus before Thanksgiving which kept me down for 4 days - missed Thanksgiving Dinner even! Still battling getting it all cleared out. Flu is bad here too. My daughter had 6 kids out of her classroom last week. Had a few more that shouldn't have been there, but unless their fever is up to a certain degree and they are throwing up they can't call the parents. Since you don't throw up with this strain of flu the kids are there! Parents need to keep their kids home when they are sick. I know a lot of it is employers won't let the parents off so they have no one to watch them. That is sad.
Posted By: A_G

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 03:57 PM

No, but I wish the people who did would stay the heck at home.

I don't wanna use my sick days because you refuse to use yours. smirk
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 03:59 PM

I assume you got a flu shot, infants are at a higher risk of getting it

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 04:51 PM

does this strain affect primates?

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 05:05 PM

Perhaps any "crud" is related to the dog treat recall thread. Just a theory though.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Pale Rider

totally read that as pirates
Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: manimal
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider

totally read that as pirates

must have transposed the aye and the arrrrrrr!
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 06:01 PM

laugh
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 07:18 PM

I don't do flu shots. The flu shot doesn't cover every type of flu going around and just puts a mild strain in your system as is. The irony is 1/2 the people who have had a flu shot have gotten the flu around here.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Peepers

I got my flu shot & so did the baby, but he was due for a booster flu shot and was unprotected until he got the booster. He was due for the booster the week he got sick. mad

Have another friend with a baby, and her little one got a 1 dose flu shot, no booster. Don't know why they were different. Our babies are the same age.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: *W*W*

I got my flu shot & so did the baby, but he was due for a booster flu shot and was unprotected until he got the booster. He was due for the booster the week he got sick. mad

Have another friend with a baby, and her little one got a 1 dose flu shot, no booster. Don't know why they were different. Our babies are the same age.

oh, my response was in response to AG, sorry for the confusion
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Excess
I don't do flu shots. The flu shot doesn't cover every type of flu going around and just puts a mild strain in your system as is. The irony is 1/2 the people who have had a flu shot have gotten the flu around here.

I'm with you.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: *W*W*

oh, my response was in response to AG, sorry for the confusion

blush that's ok.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 08:23 PM

laugh
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/15/13 09:23 PM

The one year I didn't get the flu shot I got the "real" flu, not just the cruddy flu-like stuff. Went home with Tamiflu and was quarantined by the doctor for several days. Don't want to feel like that again.
Posted By: Princess Romeo

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 02:40 AM

I don't do flu shots either. So far, the Emergen-C and the coconut oil capsules have managed to squash what started out as the flu. I kind of felt achy for a day and had a scratchy voice for a couple more.

Also saw on the news that the flu epidemic has been exacerbated by the fact that millions of workers do not have paid sick days and feel they might lose their job if they dared to call in sick. My husband's boss game him a hard time when he was feeling ill so he went in to work and then his boss and a few co-workers wound up getting sick a few days later.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 03:04 PM

Never had a flu shot, although I recently accepted a pneumonia vaccine shot so I don't end up like President Bush with a hospital stay of 2 months to fight bronchitis.
Posted By: Bones

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 03:12 PM

We had one employee out the beginning of the week with the flu, and today two more are out. There is a cloud of lysol in the lobby right now smile and everyone is wiping down their areas.

I never used to get flu shots until I had my first child. I get it every year now, for what it's worth, and make sure my kids get them also.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 03:22 PM

Most of the folks here that got sick either quarantined themselves in their office, or worked from home. I am healthy and grateful for that. smile

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 04:07 PM

We've got 4-5 people out, some flu some other junk. One near me is out with some unnamed contagious virus and banned from work until next week. The Mrs. is coming down with something, so that's awesome.

I had my shot, and I pop Vit C pills on occasion, that's about it. I took some yesterday, will probably take more today!
Posted By: QCL

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 04:47 PM

I did. Flu (type A I think) compounded with bronchitis. Took 3 weeks to get back to "normal." Emergen-C + running in this weather helped.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 05:29 PM

I'm halfway into my second week. Stayed home all of last week and I just had someone tell me that they thought I should take a couple more days to recover. LOL...I look that bad?
Posted By: MidwestCFE

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 07:04 PM

have a bad gross disgusting shouldn't-be-around-humans cold now, but not the flu thankfully..on my 3rd kind of meds, hoping something will knock it out.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 07:06 PM

One thing I really dislike is when people come to work and they are sick.

Just because you don't want to "waste" a sick day (uh, what do you think they're for?!), doesn't mean I want to get sick.
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: A_G
One thing I really dislike is when people come to work and they are sick.

Just because you don't want to "waste" a sick day (uh, what do you think they're for?!), doesn't mean I want to get sick.

I worked with someone who used those for added vacation days.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 07:15 PM

I agree with AG here. 'Saving' your sick days in case you run out of vacation and/or coming in because 'you might as well get paid if you feel like sh!t' is just selfish. When people come in sick, and then can't understand why everyone else is out sick the next week when 'they worked through it'....well YEAH!! They are all out sick BECAUSE you WORKED through it.

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 07:23 PM

::like::

cool

I've never gotten the actual flu (well except the Irish flu - I've even called in sick for it laugh wink blush ) and I don't want to because you're trying to bank a sick day!

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/16/13 07:32 PM

LOL @ Irish Flu... laugh

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/23/13 04:36 PM

Well, I will officially be living in a smog of Lysol for the near future..they are closing all schools in our area b/c so many have the flu. There are a few co-workers that have it as well. Maybe we'll have to put to use our business contingency plan! sick

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/23/13 05:26 PM

Where are you located, Psy?

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/23/13 05:30 PM

Arkansas

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/23/13 05:36 PM

:wipes brow:

Sorry, that sucks. frown
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/23/13 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DeeQ

Sorry, that sucks. frown

It is not nice to pick on somebody because they live in a backwater state. That is just mean Deeq. smirk laugh

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/23/13 06:37 PM

I wasn't, PP, I was just glad it wasn't NJ!

:kicks PP in the butt:

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 01:35 PM

My poor minion has the crud. frown

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Purple Pride

Sorry, that sucks. frown

It is not nice to pick on somebody because they live in a backwater state. That is just mean Deeq. smirk laugh

Ha! I didn't catch that until now! While I admit that it is a backwater state, I'm not from here originally so it doesn't bother me...... as much laugh

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 02:13 PM

laugh

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 02:15 PM

I'm suprised a germ can survive in the heat of Hadese
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 02:18 PM

Poor Minion. Tell her we're thinking about her.
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 02:22 PM

I am some what distrubed by this post on one had I would agree but on the other due you really think that the aquanet cans would not explode in hadese. laugh

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Sy_Comply
Originally Posted By: Purple Pride

Sorry, that sucks. frown

Ha! I didn't catch that until now! While I admit that it is a backwater state, I'm not from here originally so it doesn't bother me...... as much laugh

Oklahoma is not considered a backwater state. You have to have water to be backwater.
We are "backdirt".

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: EdAudit

I am some what distrubed by this post on one had I would agree but on the other due you really think that the aquanet cans would not explode in hadese. laugh

True. And what about the tires on the Mazda?
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Anyone else have the crud? - 01/31/13 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: EdAudit

True. And what about the tires on the Mazda?

I would have thought they would have been blown out from running over all the trees and foliage.