Posted By: califgirl

Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 06:20 PM

This guy.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 06:24 PM

Sounds like a plan. I would really like to own and run a lunch truck. smile
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 06:25 PM

I'd be happy with his old salary, saying no to anyone and everyone! If his job is still open, sign me up!
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 07:38 PM

I don't know what I want to do when I grow up....
Posted By: _erica_

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 07:40 PM

I've always wanted to open a year round adult only sno-cone stand. Because I really love sno-cones and I really really love booze and they should be combined. And available year round. I may follow his lead.. once I come up with about 200k.
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: _erica_
I've always wanted to open a year round adult only sno-cone stand. Because I really love sno-cones and I really really love booze and they should be combined. And available year round. I may follow his lead.. once I come up with about 200k.

For this group "adult only" has a different meaning than the one that you expect. or not laugh
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 08:10 PM

I noticed two bacon flavored ice creams. Yum!
Posted By: _erica_

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/29/13 08:12 PM

Yeah.. not XXX stuff. shocked
Oops.
I just don't care contribute to the delinquency of minors. Those young'uns are annoying enough sober.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 01:13 PM

<<<---after the bathroom thread, I don't think I will ever, ever eat another snowcone...ever.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 01:20 PM

Not even if they fit in your saddlebags?
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 01:26 PM

I have a friend that is a former banker in the Spokane WA area. He picked up a book in garage sale once that had to do with the Russian Czars. It described some of the treasures collected by them over the years and how they were scattered when the communists took over. Not long after that he came across a tea set (at another garage sale) and it looked like one in the book that had been owned by Czar Nicholas. So he bought it...for $5!
It was missing one piece and he started a blog on his mission to find it, all the while just hoping it was the same tea set. He did find it about 6 months later and put it in his blog. The next day he was contacted by a man with a heavy Russian accent that wanted to buy the set. John was not wanting to sell, because he had just gotten the set together. Until the man offered him $1,000,000.00 for the set!
John now speaks Russian fluently and is a dealer in Russian antiquities. Net worth? Lets just say he allows me to drive his Ferraris and Lamborghini's when I'm in town. laugh
Posted By: RebekahL CRCM

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 02:44 PM

No way!! shocked Good for him!

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 02:57 PM

True story.
The guy that bought the tea set was the Russian Ambassador and is still one of his better customers.

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 03:01 PM

Note to self: stop at a garage sale this weekend (this could be the email the wife sent. who knows?)

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 03:51 PM

BB, I found the guy in a google search.

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DeeQ

John is a super guy. He shares his wealth and you would never guess that he is a gozillinaire just being around him. Well, until you see the house and cars... laugh
The best part is that he found a way to make a pretty good living by just doing something that is his passion. smile

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 04:11 PM

Some of his stuff is absolutely breath-taking.
Posted By: califgirl

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 04:23 PM

Yeah, as are the prices. Wow.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: DeeQ

John is a super guy. He shares his wealth and you would never guess that he is a gozillinaire just being around him. Well, until you see the house and cars... laugh
The best part is that he found a way to make a pretty good living by just doing something that is his passion. smile

how sad that being a gazillionaire is now just thought of as making a pretty good living...

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 05:54 PM

he was a gazillionaire before taxes

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: EdAudit
he was a gazillionaire before taxes

werd.... frown
Posted By: tdogz

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 06:33 PM

I worked at a sno-cone stand in college. We tried to add vodka to the mix, but it didn't work out very well. The alcohol melts the ice very quickly. As a psych major, the thermodynamics of the situation were over my head, so we had to give up on our dreams of consuming booze through sno-cones. If you find a way to overcome this, then I'd be willing to help with the startup.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 06:54 PM

Although probably not quite a sno-cone, I'd sure they would be a big hit for a street vendor.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/red-rooster-recipe4/index.html
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
how sad that being a gazillionaire is now just thought of as making a pretty good living...

Agreed. Our perspective needs adjusting. If you earn $45,000 per year, you are in the top 0.037% wealthiest people in the world. Most folks in the world wouldn't earn that in their entire lifetime of working.

I am glad we have the opportunities that we have in the USA, where, like this gentleman, we are only limited by our own lack of vision or enterprising spirit.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/30/13 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: tdogz

I worked at a sno-cone stand in college. We tried to add vodka to the mix, but it didn't work out very well. The alcohol melts the ice very quickly. As a psych major, the thermodynamics of the situation were over my head, so we had to give up on our dreams of consuming booze through sno-cones. If you find a way to overcome this, then I'd be willing to help with the startup.

dry ice instead of regular ice should do the trick. Now, how you'll address the 3rd degree burns on the lips form the dry ice is another obstacle to overcome...
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Who's ready for a career change? - 05/31/13 01:40 PM

apply ice