Seriously, who is working today?

Posted By: Alien

Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:01 PM

I have to send an announcement letter to the Lending Department for a Audit/Compliance Review and I do not have the heart to send it out today!!!
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:08 PM

I'll admit that with the thought of 13 people coming to my house before I get off work today is making it VERY difficult to concentrate. I keep drifting off to wonder what I still have to do tonight, and how much fun it will be to see everyone! BUT, I have put 11 loans on WinDaudit this morning and serviced 2 ATM's already and answered 2 compliance questions from the lending dept. and ordered new TIS disclosures. I'm not slacking...just drifting. (all this and posting to BOL all morning...not bad huh?)
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:15 PM

I'm calculating denial disparity ratios on MSAs - or rather having CRA wiz do it, which takes longer than doing it myself, frankly. So I guess you could say I am!
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:19 PM

I'm just biding my time until noon - then I'm outta here! It's not that I don't have plenty to do, it's just hard to get motivated to do it!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:20 PM

314a's...
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:21 PM

I'm working...I just don't want to!!!
Posted By: captain morgan

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:22 PM

I'm finishing 2 solid months of budgeting and preparing for the budget presentation to our holding company next week. This also means, I'm 2 months behind on my compliance reviews.....
And I need to start performance reviews soon.....

There's just not enough weekends in a week.......
Posted By: Don_Narup

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:36 PM

Well as the boss I'm working today, but everyone else is home. Other than the conference call at 11AM I suspect no one is going to need an analysis or a quick Map today so I may turn out the lights and shut the computers down a tad early.

My grandson came early this AM to help Gram prepare the pies and cookies. It was starting to smell pretty good by the time I left this morning.
Posted By: Andy_Z

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:43 PM

Based on the volume of posts a lot of you are out there today, me included.

This beats doing the dishes tomorrow night.

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:54 PM

Quote:

My grandson came early this AM to help Gram prepare the pies and cookies. It was starting to smell pretty good by the time I left this morning.

That sounds so homely...brings back memories when my mom was alive and we used to live on a farm..breakfast being cooked on open fire using wood....the early morning chirping of the the birds...and the sun rising lazily behind the mountains covered in the morning mist....the constant humming sound of the river rapids......everyone seated together at the breakfast table enjoying fresh home made bread....laughing....oblivious of the world around...
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:56 PM

Finished an audit for the supervisor for the mortgage originators, completed BSA training for the remainder of the bank staff, forwarded a SAR, etc.

Elana - I'm drifting, too.
Posted By: Tisa

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 05:58 PM

I'll probably hang around here all day -- going to a hockey game tonight ('Hawks are visiting the Sharks), and the arena's closer to work than home. Not sure exactly how much "work" is going to get done, though... Just a few things to wrap up before month-end.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:05 PM

Half of the entire staff is off today and half on Friday. I'm here today so I will get to shop the after Thanksgiving sales on Friday with my teen-age daughter! Yippee!!! So I'm not only doing things I normally do, but filling in the gaps for those who are gone.
Posted By: Bob McComas

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:08 PM

As soon as I finish this Affirmative Action Plan in a few minutes, I'm outa here, and on the golf course. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Posted By: Nick

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:14 PM

I'm here tring to get motivated to start my TIL compliance review. There is something about a day off during the week that makes work so hard. Everyone have a good Thanksgiving.
Posted By: Jayda's Mom

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:36 PM

I too am here at work and trying to get motivated. It's still morning here though! It's also 18 below zero. It was hard enough to get motivated to head out into the cold.
Posted By: La. Lady

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:37 PM

Well, sort of.....I don't feel like it , but I am doing an audit on CIP....and I am thinking of an audit that I started and didn't finish yet on loans.....and I am thinking that I will be on vacation ALL of next week......

So it IS hard to concentrate......
Posted By: EllenA

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:42 PM

I'm here today too, but only till 3 and Friday till 3. Next year, all the non-monday holidays fall on Thursday ('cept Christmas-that's Saturday) so we will have a lot of 3pm Fridays.
Posted By: JeloQuen

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 06:49 PM

I'm at work too. Have a 2:00 conference call with a vendor for Do Not Call software. I sure hope we choose this vendor. I'm tired of the subject.
Posted By: Okie Dokie

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 07:07 PM

I'm here today, but not really getting too much done. Not only it is the day before Thanksgiving, but I'm sick too. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and was told I have strep throat. So, I'm sitting in my corner away from everyone and wondering how I'm going to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner when I can barely swallow.
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 07:19 PM

I'm so sorry you're sick. I recommend hot chocolate with butterscotch schnapps to soothe that throat. Hope you feel better.
Posted By: Risk Officer

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 07:30 PM

At least I'm off Friday. Today I'm finishing up a 100+ page paper for SWGSB (Southwest Graduate School of Banking) that is due Monday, trying to finish up a draft of our FDICIA internal control report and documentation that will go out to the audit committee and executive management on Monday, and trying to get out of here by 4:00 so I can pick up a cheesecake before the place closes...

Why am I on BOL when I have so much to do?????????????????

I wonder if Cleabatsu's serves up espresso for a little kick?
Posted By: MackenzieS

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 07:35 PM

Lets seeee.. I work on ACH audit, check BOL, try to decipher Uniform Commercial Code, check BOL, go to lunch, check BOL, work on ACH audit, check BOL, prepare a checklist of everything to take on our trip to Texas, check BOL, check BOL, check BOL.

Guys, its tough working the day before or after a holiday! I'm getting holiday fever (not like the one Angie has. )

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 07:41 PM

Quote:

I wonder if Cleabatsu's serves up espresso for a little kick?

But of course!!!!
Posted By: chuck

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 08:04 PM

My boss just left my office discussing compliance exam, come on Thursday.
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 08:50 PM

I'm here all day today and Friday with a 360 mile round trip tonight and tomorrow in between. Working on exam request that came in this week. Grrrrrrrrrrr
Posted By: RUNSWITHSCISSORS

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 09:23 PM

Here till 5:30 or so then off for Turkey Day and back to work on Friday. I will leave the 440 mile round trip off to see my folks while my family and my wife's parents will enjoy an excellent meal at home. HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY to all!
Posted By: RFitzpatrick

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/26/03 10:20 PM

As you east coasters are running out the door, I'm furiously working to finish the ACH Self audit (must be done by Dec. 1 according to the rules) so I can take Friday off. Hope you all have a great holiday.
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/27/03 02:01 AM

I'M STILL HEREEEEEEEE!!!!!
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:00 PM

OK - it's Friday morning at 7:45 a.m. Who's here today? I'm here until about 2:15 then I'm driving about 4 hours to go to my in-laws.
Posted By: Brandy Osborne

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:25 PM

I'm here today, all day... leaving tonight to go to the in-laws, if it doesn't snow.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:29 PM

I'm here, at least for a while. My folks are on their way into town, so I'm hoping to get out of here a little early this afternoon. But I came in early too so it all balances out.
Posted By: Cowboys Fan

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:29 PM

Got in at 6am - will be here till 5.

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:36 PM

All I want to know is WHY...WHY ARE WE HERE???? I mean besides the paycheck, duty, and obligation.
Posted By: Georgia Golfer

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:54 PM

I'm moving from a branch to the data center today. Got elected as the Compliance Officer last Tuesday. Now I get to do both compliance and auditing!!!! Might squeeze in some HMDA this afternoon just for grins.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 01:56 PM

Hey all, hope everyone had a great day yesterday! I'm here till about 4:00 and then my husband and I are going to the Boston Celtics game tonight, they're playing Milwaukee, whoopee! The Celtics stink this year!

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 02:22 PM

Quote:

All I want to know is WHY...WHY ARE WE HERE???? I mean besides the paycheck, duty, and obligation.

The fun, the broadband Internet, because the boss isn't and you can work in peace, because you can scoot out early because nobody really expected you'd be in today either.
Posted By: Okie Dokie

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 02:33 PM

I'm here until 6. Sadly, so is my boss who happens to be in the office right next to mine. There is no way I can sneak out early.
Posted By: renniks

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 02:35 PM

I am working today because who wants to waste a vacation day on a day that there is no traffic going to work, the office is very peaceful, and you can get more done in a day than usual because no one is interupting you!!!!
Posted By: DCollins

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 02:38 PM

This is the first time in years I have worked the day after Thanksgiving. It's been a fun morning. Everyone is sharing their funny Thanksgiving Day stories. Some employees even went shopping already this morning before 8:00am. My Heros!!!!
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 02:41 PM

Quote:

I am working today because who wants to waste a vacation day on a day that there is no traffic going to work, the office is very peaceful, and you can get more done in a day than usual because no one is interupting you!!!!

Excellent point Renniks!!!! No traffic today, first time in a while!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 02:55 PM

I'm here to go through the stacks of papers on my desk and maybe work on rewriting my job description if something good comes to me. I'm also looking at the Check 21 materials that are out there, this is one Act with no reg. that everyone from top down seems to be wondering about. Hoepfully I'm out of here by noon.
Posted By: CHT

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 03:07 PM

I'm working today becuase it is the end of the month -- and becuase I never, never, never go shopping on "black Friday"!
Posted By: RBanker

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 03:15 PM

Your friendly Texas Trainer is in today - cleaning up his desk after monving on Wednesday - Cheers, y'all!!!!
Posted By: UofLer

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 03:17 PM

Does reading BOL posts count?
Posted By: reinkesd

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 03:25 PM

Yup, I'm here, but it's a slow day. It's really quiet so I think I'll get lots done(If I can get out of BOL)! No shopping for me, I do most of it online. Some of my crazy co-workers went shopping before work this morning. YUCK!
Posted By: IUalum

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 04:06 PM

I'm here until 5:00 and so is most everyone else. Today is Christmas Bonus day! Yippee!!! Besides, I'd much rather deal with HMDA, HOEPA and the rest of the gang than go shopping!
Posted By: Chi

Long time lurker, first time poster...be gentle - 11/28/03 04:13 PM

I'm testing a demo program for Wire software and checking espn.com every 10 minutes to see if Schilling is going to the Sox. Other than that, I'm not working all that hard. Can't wait till 4:30.

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...be gentle - 11/28/03 04:19 PM

Quote:

I'm testing a demo program for Wire software and checking espn.com every 10 minutes to see if Schilling is going to the Sox. Other than that, I'm not working all that hard. Can't wait till 4:30.

Wires, check out Retread's post and the Federal Register.
Posted By: Erl of Baltimore

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 04:22 PM

BSA, BSA, BSA
Posted By: Kara S

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...be gentle - 11/28/03 04:22 PM

I was up at 5 am to be to the mall by 7 am to get my free cashmere scarf! I was in the office by 7:30! There are only 3 people in today (normally 22) and I am loving it!! Best day to work if you ask me!
Posted By: GreatBlue

Re: Long time lurker, first time poster...be gentle - 11/28/03 04:24 PM

Quote:

Long time lurker, first time poster...be gentle

Welcome!! I'm glad you decided to register. It's so much more fun that way.
Posted By: Brandy Osborne

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 04:34 PM

This is my fav day to work... the phones don't ring because no one thinks we're here, and there's like 6 people on the floor... i love the quiet!

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 04:47 PM

We're here. Only till 3:00 though. It's foggy and damp (good sleeping weather). Think I'll head over for an Irish Coffee.

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 04:55 PM

The thread title is "Seriously, who is working today?" Should it be "Who is working seriously, today?"

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 05:16 PM

Andy, good point!!!
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 05:18 PM

My body is in the office, but the TV is already turned on for college football. The longhorns are going to cream the aggies, sad day here in aggieland.

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 05:20 PM

A day off, what is that? I have three weeks vaction coming for 2003, of which I have used three days. Required two weeks hopefully in December. Exit review is on Tuesday for present compliance exam. If it goes really bad, I might have a lot of time off.

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 05:21 PM

I am the only person in management that is in the building today...imagine...leaving the Compliance Officer in charge!!!

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 05:43 PM

That is funny. At least there won't be any arguments about what is the right way to comply
Posted By: ChicagoGuy

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 06:32 PM

Here today...yea!!!! ...until 7 too..another yea!!! (Someone may have to wake me up when it's time to go.....lol)
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 06:43 PM

Quote:

Here today...yea!!!! ...until 7 too..another yea!!! (Someone may have to wake me up when it's time to go.....lol)

Ditto!! (except it'll be 6 your time)
Posted By: complyguy

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 07:10 PM

Quote:

This is my fav day to work... the phones don't ring because no one thinks we're here, and there's like 6 people on the floor... i love the quiet!

Sounds like a Bizarro version of our bank. I'd trade my paycheck for $1 every time the phone rings asking: (1) are we open today?; (2) how late are we open today? (8:00p.m.); (3) why did their debit card melt when they went to ring up their purchases at the mall; (4) are the SS direct deposits for December in yet?....

Every employee with a phone gets drafted into answering calls today.
Posted By: JacF

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 08:16 PM

Quote:

(3) why did their debit card melt when they went to ring up their purchases at the mall;

You wouldn't happen to be near Three Mile Island, would you?
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 08:27 PM

I'm the official boss today (I elected myself because it's lonely here). Or maybe I'm the only VP stupid enough not to ask for the day off...hmmmm

Anyhoo, I'm arguing with people today Very annoying and ruining my holiday buzz!!! On the other hand, as offical boss I called lunch to be a potluck left over party in the big bosses office (he has a nice table). Hopefully it won't be as messy as the icecream party I had last time he left me alone in the office!

Then I'm off to the Great Alaska Shootout to watch college basketball with a client. (Ahhh my work never ends)

Today I see:
12:00 PM UAA vs
Texas State
2:00 PM Canisius vs
Pacific
5:30 PM Seton Hall vs
Purdue
8:30 PM Liberty vs
Duke (ESPN2)

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 08:45 PM

My body's here but the mind is at home. My college student is home for the weekend and what he can do to my fridge is the greatest disappearing act since Houdini! Miss him when he's away, my budget can't wait til he goes back.

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 08:50 PM

Every Thanksgiving Friday its the same. The branch has very few transaction, but just can't prove. They've been at it for 40 minutes and still are not done. I truly believe the slower the day the bigger the problems

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 09:08 PM

Your branch closes at 3:00 on a Friday?? That's our late night (at the branch anyway. Us back office folks will be doing dinner dishes by the time the branch closes).

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 09:40 PM

So, I have dedicated the last hour of work to reading peoples posts. It makes me fell better that there really are people working today! Of course, I have had the luxury of working everyday after Thanksgiving and Christmas since entering into the "real" world. But, I did do some Christams shopping right from my desk! Its amazing what deals you can find on-line! And I didn't have to deal with the craby, moody, mobs of people at the stores!
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 11/28/03 10:53 PM

Cheer up Don, its only 21-9 at halftime. The Ags will come back!!
Posted By: Terah2

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 11:15 PM

Ugh. I'm here till 5:00 - Staring at the revisions of the revisions of the revisions of the EFT Disclosure and Agreement. All I'm seeing is gibberish - and I wrote it.

Re: who's at work today - 11/28/03 11:39 PM

When the time clock is digital and not analog it never goes around, it just goes on and on until the work is done. Thank goodness I am warped and enjoy this stuff.

Re: Seriously, who is working today? - 12/24/03 05:03 PM

ok, Up here in Norcal, we have winds gusting up to 60mph - reminds me of my provious life on the Islands, where the weather man would say:-

"Good news folks, the hurricane season is finally over after six months, we are now into the cylone season for the the next six"

Merry Christmas (I hope no one in BOL is offended by that greeting)

All the best for the new year!!!