IOS 7

Posted By: HappyGilmore

IOS 7 - 09/19/13 01:44 PM

Anyone else upgrade their iphone and finds it looks like it was designed by kids using a Heath kit?
Posted By: Need Coffee

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 01:46 PM

Yes, the features are nice but the GUI is awful.
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 02:53 PM

No because like Bimmer I only use Android which appeals to grown ups and not kids. laugh
Posted By: manimal

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 03:05 PM

I have an iPhone for work and we were instructed to NOT update because there are still unresolved issues with the new OS.

::shrugs:: I barely use that phone anyways.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:30 PM

What's GUI?
Posted By: edAudit

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: P*Q
What's GUI?

It is a banking term:

Golfing Union of Ireland. smile
Posted By: mtngrrl

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:33 PM

GUI = Graphic User Interface
in other words, the look of, and interaction with, the screen.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:35 PM

Gin User Intoxication
Posted By: mtngrrl

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Need Coffee

Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Gin User Intoxication

and tell me again how that could possibly be awful???

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: mtngrrl

Gin User Intoxication

See Deeq laugh
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:42 PM

I upgraded last night but haven't had a chance to ding around with it yet. I'll wait until I see my niece this weekend. She'll show me what I need to know. smile
Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: mtngrrl

Gin User Intoxication

Not awful for said user, but for minions of that user. 'Cept on Fridays, of course...
Posted By: Norman Paperman

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 05:39 PM

Generally Useless Information

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 05:47 PM

Golfing Under the Influence
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 05:51 PM

That.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:05 PM

GUI - Granny Underwear Imploded

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:07 PM

sick
Posted By: peony

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
GUI - Granny Underwear Imploded

spew warning!
Posted By: _erica_

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:27 PM

I for one, LOVE IT, but according to y'all I'm 15, so it makes sense.
Posted By: JWills, CRCM

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:42 PM

haven't upgraded yet, maybe I shall wait
Posted By: ATLbanker

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:40 PM

My secuirty token app didn't work after I upgraded.
Posted By: Dip

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 06:44 PM

Getting used to it. seems WAY brighter, had to turn the brightness almost all the way down. Like the quick access command center? and I really love that they FINALLY fixed the calendar issue...now if you have a multi-day apt the last day now shows a dot on it. it didn't used to. so if you went on a trip and were scheduled to come home at 5 in the evening, the last day in the calendar had no dot on it, making it appear you were free.
Posted By: #12

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 07:22 PM

I can't upgrade, not enough space. It's probably time to upgrade from my Iphone 4, but that seems like a lot of work. It's only an 8 GB. IOS7 takes 3 GB of space!!
Posted By: _erica_

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: #12
I can't upgrade, not enough space. It's probably time to upgrade from my Iphone 4, but that seems like a lot of work. It's only an 8 GB. IOS7 takes 3 GB of space!!

You don't have to actually delete that much, the current iOS takes up close to that it is just to make up the difference. I deleted a handfull of pictures, videos and apps I don't need and I was good to go! Mine is a 4s and 16G but a lot of that is music and pictures.. I had close to 1000 of each. Give or take.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: _erica_
Originally Posted By: #12

You don't have to actually delete that much, the current iOS takes up close to that it is just to make up the difference. I deleted a handfull of pictures, videos and apps I don't need and I was good to go! Mine is a 4s and 16G but a lot of that is music and pictures.. I had close to 1000 of each. Give or take.

I do need to delete that much. Won't even give me the option to update. When I go into software updates, it states you must have 2.9 GB of storage. Currently, I have 1.4 GB available. I would have to delete all of my pictures and all of my music to have 2.9 GB available. Or, I could delete some of the apps I have to keep my daughter entertained! But, my peace is more important than having iOS 7! smile

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 08:05 PM

If you have iOS7 you need to disable the 3D effect for the tiles to conserve battery life. It is a huge energy consumer. Go to settings----> General ----> Accessibility ------> Reduce Mtion set to ON.

When off, the tiles appear to float on the screen if you rotate the phone vertically side to side.
Posted By: buggs

Re: IOS 7 - 09/19/13 11:04 PM

If you want to save battery life you should turn off the auto updates to apps running in the background.
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 12:43 PM

Hey, ya know what? If you set you phone to update over night and you have an alarm set....ya know what? Your alarm wont go off!!!

::now driving 100 mph on the way to work::

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 01:21 PM

have nothing running in the background, but overnight my battery usage was almost 10%...pre update it was 1-2%. nothing like a battery burn...

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 01:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
Hey, ya know what? If you set you phone to update over night and you have an alarm set....ya know what? Your alarm wont go off!!!

::now driving 100 mph on the way to work::

Quit texting while driving. smirk

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 01:44 PM

Why we need a BOL Cooler app. laugh

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
have nothing running in the background, but overnight my battery usage was almost 10%...pre update it was 1-2%. nothing like a battery burn...

Did you turn motion off? That about the rate in which that "feature" would use energy. It is absurd to include something so unnecessary that uses that much power.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 02:04 PM

yes, motion is off
Posted By: Sci_Comply

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 02:15 PM

I am sooooo excited!! I'm such a tightwad that I just couldn't make myself pay for a data plan on my dumb-phone, but with my recent promotion at work, I get an iPhone!! I pre-ordered the 5C and it should be here today! I haven't used Apple tech since highschool yearbook, but I can't wait to play around with it. laugh
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 02:46 PM

I have an iPhone 4 and it was my first Apple product.

No one has the "touch" that Apple has with their devices and it works perfectly fine, so not sure why everyone seems to be ripping Apple these days.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: MB Guy

not sure why everyone seems to be ripping Apple these days.

Bimmer has been busy so some one needs to pick up the slack

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 04:26 PM

If you haven't tried it out yet, iTunes Radio is pretty awesome.
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 04:37 PM

I listened to it briefly and ended up buying one of the first songs played. I found another way to discover new music.
Posted By: ATLbanker

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 05:44 PM

Coworker just told me that if you press and hold the volume down button in the camera app you will take continuous pictures. Also, phone will track your location and summarize it for you unless you turn off the feature.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
I listened to it briefly and ended up buying one of the first songs played. I found another way to discover new music.

I really like that you can buy the song while you are listening to it. So many times I forget the name of the song or the artist and can't find it later.
Posted By: Miscuit

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Purple Pride
No because like Bimmer I only use Android which appeals to grown ups and not kids. laugh

wurd!
Posted By: B_F

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 06:34 PM

Because Steve Jobs died! smile

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: B_F
Because Steve Jobs died! smile

Because Apple is evil and fascist (especially pertaining to app development - definite control issues)

Wait, maybe that is why so many compliance officers like Apple whistle smirk

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 07:10 PM

As a person who has one of each, I can easily say I prefer Android's user interface, apps, and functionality a thousand times more than my work iPhone.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 07:17 PM

I'm just the opposite of mani. Had the android and hated it. Love my iPhone and find it way easier to use. It all comes down to personal preference.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 07:36 PM

How funny! I think I like the Androids better because I was a blakberry user prior, so the interface felt familiar to me.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 07:42 PM

Mani, I thought my Droid was too complicated for my pea picking brain! I don't have to think so much with my iPhone. grin
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 07:44 PM

My previous phone was one of those ones with wheels and the smiley face that you could drag around on the carpet and it made funny noises when you spun the rotary dial thing. Good times were had, but I never found a single compatible app!

I've been on hotel wireless all week, so haven't been able to download it yet. I may or may not get around to doing it this weekend though.
Posted By: Weeble Woman

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 07:58 PM

I know much of this discussion has been focused on the iPhone but I hope someone may be able to help with a iPad issue. I updated to IOS 7 and got a confirmation that the update was successful - then the instructions said that my iCloud needed to update - followed the instructions and it kept going back to the welcome screen without updating. After a few tries I got a message that my iCloud access was disabled and would no longer function. So now even though I can access the app store, internet, etc. I cannot download anything at all or even view documents or listen to music. I went to the settings to try to find a way to fix the problem but had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 08:56 PM

When I went to update last night I had to update my iTunes and there was also an iCloud update. It kept failing but I kept trying until it worked. Had to download each separately to get them. Then I set my iPad to update overnight. So haven't gotten to play with it much. I don't like how the outlines of everything are so thin. Reminds me of how blah the Officer 2013 looks on the computers here that have it.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/20/13 09:07 PM

Thanks, I'll try that tonight after I backup so I don't lose my ibooks and pictures - just in case!
Posted By: Kathleen O. Blanchard

Re: IOS 7 - 09/21/13 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt_B
My previous phone was one of those ones with wheels and the smiley face that you could drag around on the carpet and it made funny noises when you spun the rotary dial thing. Good times were had, but I never found a single compatible app!

I've been on hotel wireless all week, so haven't been able to download it yet. I may or may not get around to doing it this weekend though.

Best comment.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 02:13 PM

I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS7 this weekend. Didn't back anything up, just did it and everything came out fine.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 02:18 PM

Yep, mine came out fine too. I noticed that when I try accessing my work email and some other stuff that require login via Safari that every time I navigate to a different page it makes me login again. That's annoying, but I haven't looked to see if it's a setting issue, or a OS issue.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 02:51 PM

I updated my iPhone 5 over the weekend and had no issues. I had to change a few settings that went back to default, but otherwise no problem.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 03:09 PM

Matt, good comment: Safari is kind of weird so far. I am sure I'll get used to it, but so far, not as good as it was before.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 03:20 PM

I don't care for the all white backgrounds and really thin outlines but I will get used to it. Since my iPhone 4 was out of room and I had to keep deleting things so apps could update I decided to upgrade and get one with more storage. Figured I would have to order by Friday evening and sure enough they were out of phones by the time I got to the store, but someone had set one back and then decided not to go with it so the manager came over in the middle of my transaction and let me take it. Phone seems to be working great. I went home and did a restore from my last backup and everything worked perfectly. Downloaded the OS7 to my iPad 2 and now I have lots of apps that won't update and it says I have no updates but can't get into them.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 03:24 PM

I know of several people that had space issues. I have a 4 (new, warranty replaced my busted one a month or so ago), and had more than enough space. I guess I don't horde enough pictures/music smirk

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 05:35 PM

Queen Mum - I followed your advice and updated through iTunes and now everything is working perfectly. Thanks so much for the help. I had lost my objectivity and was so worried about losing my pictures and books. It was a lesson to remember to back-up my devices! Thanks again.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 06:13 PM

ipad keeps telling me the update is available, think i'll hold off on updating that for the time being...
Posted By: NanaK

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 08:14 PM

I lost all my appointments. Half my brain was in my calendar app....gone, all gone! Grrrr. I know I'm supposed to get my gray roots touched up soon, so this is a disaster for me!
Posted By: NanaK

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: NanaK
I lost all my appointments. Half my brain was in my calendar app....gone, all gone! Grrrr. I know I'm supposed to get my gray roots touched up soon, so this is a disaster for me!

Uh, I've had some assistance and my appointments are all there. Underneath the grey is a lot of blonde. The apps and set up do look strangely childish, for lack of better words.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/23/13 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Weeble Woman
Queen Mum - I followed your advice and updated through iTunes and now everything is working perfectly. Thanks so much for the help. I had lost my objectivity and was so worried about losing my pictures and books. It was a lesson to remember to back-up my devices! Thanks again.

Glad it all worked for you.
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 01:58 PM

Just read a group put out a fake ad saying the new iOS7 update also makes the iDevice waterproof and way to many people to let me keep faith in mankind fell for it. frown

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-falling-fake-apple-ios-115719246.html

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 02:30 PM

For some reason now that I have updated my iPad none of my apps will update! Grrrr!

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 03:44 PM

::Sits back with popcorn and enjoys the show with the other Android users::

smirk laugh
Posted By: califgirl

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
For some reason now that I have updated my iPad none of my apps will update! Grrrr!

Let us know when you get that figured out, QM. smile

I knew there wass a good reason to wait on updating the iPad.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 05:13 PM

Loving my android right now. Wait!, I have always loved my non-trendy, reasonably priced phone.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 05:47 PM

Ditto, RockChucker. smile

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 06:17 PM

smirk laugh

Updated both my iPhone & iPad over the weekend. No problems or issues. Generally, I like almost everything, especially the new notification center and quick access slide up menu. All-in-all, superior experience over Android/Windows in every way.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 07:14 PM

You have had too much of the Apple Kool-Aid Buggs. smile
You only think everything is working well... we Android users know better. laugh

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 07:28 PM

I wondered why there was a second iOS 7 update for the phone but my iPad said it is up-to-date. May try doing a restore from my computer and see what that does. I had backed it up just a week ago so it wouldn't be that bad.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 07:39 PM

everything I have is backed up, including me, I eat a lot of cheese

Re: IOS 7 - 09/24/13 11:23 PM

You have had too much of the Apple Kool-Aid Buggs. smile
You only think everything is working well... we Android users know better. laugh

LOL! That's a good joke, PP. It's a good thing Android users can laugh, otherwise they would be crying. wink
Posted By: Bimmer

Re: IOS 7 - 09/25/13 01:07 PM

smirk laugh

Can I get some of that? smile

You guys have been doing a great job bashing the CryPhone in my absence! grin

Re: IOS 7 - 09/25/13 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bimmer

smirk laugh

Can I get some of that? smile

You guys have been doing a great job bashing the CryPhone in my absence! grin

::Passes large tub of popcorn over to Bimmer::

Enjoy! smile

Re: IOS 7 - 09/26/13 02:31 PM

In true retrospect after using iOS7 for a week, I'd rather have the old OS back. Just don't care for the look or functionality of the new OS.

I'd recommend checking out someone else's phone with iOS7 before downloading it to your phone.

Re: IOS 7 - 09/26/13 03:41 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-25/apple-s-ios-7-is-a-potent-upgrade-rich-jaroslovsky.html

Re: IOS 7 - 10/18/13 05:43 PM

OK, anyone having charging/charger issues after downloading iOS7?

My iPhone 4 is just having a difficult time charging up (on three separate chargers) since I've gone to iOS7 but I wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence.

Re: IOS 7 - 10/18/13 06:56 PM

The only issue I've had with my iPhone 4 since going to iOS7 is sometimes an iMessage won't send. I have to change it to a plain text message so it will go. No issues with charging/charger issues for me. ::knocks on wood::

Re: IOS 7 - 10/18/13 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Toss it and get an android phone

he has not been around in a while