No tailgating, limos at Superbowl

Posted By: Pale Rider

No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 05:05 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...per-bowl-xlviii

I guess New Jersey is too classy for tailgating, taxis, limos or even being able to just walk up to the stadium.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 05:20 PM

Well, if I had been considering going, this would stop me. Did you see the cost of the bus you MUST take 'cause you cannot park and walk?

Sorry, I'm not buying that this is all in the name of protection from terrorists, etc.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 06:36 PM

Do they have a spot for campers/motorhomes to park? That happens around here a lot.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 06:45 PM

Nope, it is pretty urban
Posted By: edAudit

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 06:48 PM

next thing you know they will not even let you pump you own gas in you car.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 06:51 PM

Then I'll have to move to Oregon. laugh
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:07 PM

I live and work within a few miles of the stadium, and I'm already dreading the traffic that weekend. eek

I hope there's a raging blizzard that Sunday. It would serve the NFL right for something so moronic as scheduling a Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium in a cold climate.
Posted By: _erica_

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:08 PM

What if you have a smart car or mini cooper and you sit in a chair at the end of your parking space? Will the chair police still arrest you?

Also you can have a drink in your car? What about beer? Drinking in a car even if you aren't going to go anywhere is easily an APC charge.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:10 PM

if the chair police don't arrest you the crappy little car police should
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:11 PM

the superbowl is not for the average football fan, it is a corporate event, many corporations will take over the parking lot and host their own pre-game party, with tents in bad weather, bands, food, drink, etc. many also arrange transportation to and from the game for their attendeees...

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:11 PM

If you drive a smart car or mini cooper to the stadium, I would almost guarantee some of our local inebriates will pick it up and move it somewhere else. shocked

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:12 PM

:high ten: SF! laugh

<<<--- not a local inebriate... whistle
Posted By: _erica_

Originally Posted By: Peepers
if the chair police don't arrest you the crappy little car police should

I agree 100%.. just FYI.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:14 PM

No comment. grin

(On second thought, I will comment; DQ's statement is actually true. She's not local.)

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: DeeQ

she's an inebriate from a non-local area
Posted By: TB 12

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 07:35 PM

They need the room for the plow trucks.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 08:25 PM

my favorite is the commercials Bud Light is playing about winning a stay on a luxury cruise ship docked in NYC, concerts on the boat, and tickets to the game. I really like when they show "game day" that everyone is wearing nothing more than a light jacket or pullover...

yeah, not gonna happen, people...
Posted By: Stupendous Man

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
It would serve the NFL right for something so moronic as scheduling a Super Bowl in an outdoor stadium in a cold climate.

See, I like the idea of a Snow Bowl. Did you see how fun the philadelphia/Detroit game was?

And as an added bonus, all the NFL bigwigs and sports writers can be miserable all week. I hope they hold the next one on a frozen pond in Mystery, Alaska.
Posted By: manimal

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 09:27 PM

"-If it snows, it's every man for himself. Hunger Games style."

laugh laugh laugh laugh

On a serious note, did the CFPB write these superbowl rules?

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/11/13 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: manimal

No, because if they had, there would be a final rule, a final final rule, and a final final final rule.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan

No, because if they had, there would be a final rule, a final final rule, and a final final final rule.

Not to mention over 1800 pages of guidance on how to fill out a simplified form.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 01:58 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of how ridiculous it will be to comply with the rules. Don't walk up to the stadium. Don't take a cab or limo. The parking lot can only handle 13,000 cars (which is probably like, what, 10-15% of attendees?).

But here, you can pay $50 and ride this city bus to and from the stadium. So 80,000 people will do this? Imagine how long the rides will be.... two hours driving around the city picking up fans beforehand... then another three after dropping off all the drunk and freezing fans... half of them happy, half peeved their team lost.... yeah. This is a great idea.

crazy

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 02:52 PM

Sounds like a recipe for a riot, mani. laugh

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 03:31 PM

Exactly! smh.
Posted By: B_F

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 03:37 PM

LOL As much as I love football, and will be annoyed on the day of, there is a part of me that is hoping for a blizzard to wipe it out and make them move it to another day because of the conditions. Seriously, this was a dumb idea to have it in a frozen, snowy climate, outdoors, in winter!
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 03:42 PM

yeah, whoever thought football was suppose to be played in the cold and snow crazy

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 03:43 PM

The location doesn't bother me. These "rules" are a bit ridic tho.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By: B_F
LOL As much as I love football, and will be annoyed on the day of, there is a part of me that is hoping for a blizzard to wipe it out and make them move it to another day because of the conditions. Seriously, this was a dumb idea to have it in a frozen, snowy climate, outdoors, in winter!

not the first time played outdoors or in cold weather...have we become that wimpy?
Posted By: Katy Auditor

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:01 PM

True Happy, but this is the first Super Bowl that will be played outdoors, where the weather had a very good possiblity of being less than ideal. All other Super Bowls played in cold weather were either indoors (Detroit, Indy, Minneapolis) or played in locations that had cold weather well below the norm for the location.

Personally, I don't mind the weather I think it will be interesting, but there is something about 2 teams playing in ideal conditions to determine a champion that seems more "fair".

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:04 PM

They will both experience the same weather, so how is that not fair? Just playing devil's advocate here. smile
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:22 PM

I don't understand why football can't be played in cold weather. One of the greatest games ever was the 1967 NFL Championship, The Ice Bowl, between the Packers and the Cowboys. 15 below zero, and the refs whistles froze to their lips.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:28 PM

Wasn't the infamous "tuck rule" game a snowy superbowl? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:30 PM

My bad Jays - I was also thinking of NFC and AFC championship games in the pre-superbowl era, where home team hosted the game...more than a few of these were played in less than ideal conditions...
Posted By: A_G

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:40 PM

Wasn't the infamous "tuck rule" game a snowy superbowl? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

I think you're thinking of a scene from Silence of the Lambs! laugh eek

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 04:42 PM

O M laugh !!

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 05:04 PM

Okay so y'all don't think I'm a werido (thanks AA_G! laugh ), I googled it.

2001 AFC divisional playoff game

Not a superbowl.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 05:31 PM

you googled a tuck? yeah, no one here will think that is weird... eek

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 05:41 PM

They will both experience the same weather, so how is that not fair? Just playing devil's advocate here. smile

Most coaches will tell you that weather is the great equalizer. I put fair in quotes because I couldn't think of a better quick way to say what I mean. In ideal conditions you can get a better idea who has the better team, not who has a better team in snow. If that makes sense.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 06:04 PM

in Super Bowl XLII Justin Tuck had two sacks off of Brady and a forced fumble.

So much for Tuck and the Superbowl.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 06:24 PM

during his rookie season, Tim Tebow had a Friar Tuck haircut

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: jAYs

Most coaches will tell you that weather is the great equalizer. I put fair in quotes because I couldn't think of a better quick way to say what I mean. In ideal conditions you can get a better idea who has the better team, not who has a better team in snow. If that makes sense.

It does, I think I get your meaning. I just consider a good (championship-good) team one that is able to adjust to and succeed in different types of playing conditions. It wouldn't serve a team well to only win at home in their indoor stadium.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 07:49 PM

It wouldn't serve a team well to only win at home in their indoor stadium.

sure helped the Saints on the Superbowl run!

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: jAYs

It does, I think I get your meaning. I just consider a good (championship-good) team one that is able to adjust to and succeed in different types of playing conditions. It wouldn't serve a team well to only win at home in their indoor stadium.

I don't disagree, and that is why the playoffs have home field advantage. If you are a well rounded team, that can play in all sorts of weather, you will have proven that all season long, and will have the benefit of playing your playoff games at home. The Super Bowl is generally a neutral site game, conditions should also be neutral. Just to continue with the devil's advocate approach. ;-)

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 08:32 PM

Either way, this season's final game could prove very interesting! smile

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 08:44 PM

I like wings. smile

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 08:49 PM

Paul McCartney?
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 08:49 PM

I like wings. smile

::pats DeeQ on the head:: Good for you sweetie. smile

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 08:55 PM

Reading DeeQ's post about liking wings, I immediately thought of Rainman. Not sure why.....5 thousand 2 hundred and forty six.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/12/13 09:01 PM

I like wings. smile

Vodka?

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/13/13 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EdAudit
in Super Bowl XLII Justin Tuck had two sacks off of Brady and a forced fumble.

So much for Tuck and the Superbowl.

I don't recall that.... whistle\

(frickin eli)

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/13/13 01:56 PM

AG will move out of Ma's basement before they cancel the SuperBowl.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/13/13 01:58 PM

You can always check Belichick's "film" library.
Posted By: A_G

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/13/13 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Sox in '13

AG will move out of Ma's basement before they cancel the the Bills win a SuperBowl.

Re: No tailgating, limos at Superbowl - 12/13/13 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: EdAudit
You can always check Belichick's "film" library.

Its interesting Ed-there are 2 recent Superbowls I don't remember watching or hearing about... :lalalalalalallala: