Monday after the time change...

Posted By: basilring

Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 12:56 PM

Anyone else struggling?

It didn't help that I stayed out WAY past my bedtime Saturday night. I'm getting too old to recover from those things :-(
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:13 PM

Yep, I'm struggling today.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:18 PM

Me too basil. Stayed up WAY late Sat night/Sun am. And yes, I've never liked dark mornings...BUT, I'm happy about longer evenings! smile
Posted By: manimal

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:34 PM

Nope. Even got up and worked out this morning!

::runs out of thread::
Posted By: Sci_Comply

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:40 PM

It's worth it for more daylight after work to exercise and not feel like a vampire. grin
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:43 PM

My oldest dog and Queen Bee also resents the dark mornings. It took me several minutes to wake her up this morning and that was on my second attempt. All the other dogs were and had been outside for awhile ...but she wouldn't budge nor even open her eyes. crazy
Posted By: A_G

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:48 PM

...and the first day of spring is in 10 days! cool
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 01:51 PM

Wednesday will be my Friday.
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 02:05 PM

I slept in late yesterday, that seems to have adjusted my brain just fine. When it was dark out this morning coming to work I wasn't especially chipper though.
Posted By: ahkcompliance

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 02:10 PM

Actually doing pretty good. We are usually up an hour or two each night so it didn't seem to bad. It is nice have the extra daylight in the evenings. Makes me actually think I can doing something after work!!!
Posted By: JacksTigger

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 02:39 PM

struggling.....

But was up in the middle of the night with a sick kid, so that might be part of it sick

Time for more coffee
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 02:47 PM

Overslept by about 30 minutes this morning. We haven't used an alarm clock in years - my internal clock usually works pretty well - and our old Queen Bee (like Joker's) is usually up and whining. However since it's dark in the morning she slept in. Oh well - I was still plenty early to work - just not as early as usual.
Posted By: _erica_

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 03:00 PM

I not wearing makeup and my hair is up in a bun.. that should tell you how my morning went.
Posted By: B_F

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 03:11 PM

We need to all work together to pass a constitutional amendment that moves the time change for the spring forward from the middle of the night on Saturday night to 4pm on Friday!
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 03:15 PM

Tired...
Posted By: basilring

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 03:58 PM

It will be worth the struggle to have the longer light tonight... gotta keep reminding myself!
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 03:59 PM

Super tired today! Left my coffee in the car and the car is with my son at school frown The office brew is not good, so I'm a little cranky! Have yet to turn on the light in my office even! I may shut my door til noon and take a nap! smile
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:10 PM

There is so much craziness in my life right now that the time change was a non-event for me. Just add it to the list and move on.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:25 PM

I hate it! I was exhausted after my week last week and fell asleep Sat afternoon. Then I couldn't go to sleep Saturday night! Mornings are tough for me anyway. I wake up in the evenings and can't go to sleep!
Posted By: JWills, CRCM

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:33 PM

I woke up at 4:39 this morning, couldn't fall back asleep until 5:30. Then had to get up at 7:00. Hopefully tonight will be better!
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Sci_Comply
It's worth it for more daylight after work to exercise and not feel like a vampire. grin

AMEN!!!

Hate the dark evening, not a morning person so light or dark who gives a rats arse!

Give me more light in the evenings so I can get stuff done around the house.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:40 PM

I really don't have a preference but the change kills me!!!!! It'll take me at least 3 weeks to get used to it.
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:41 PM

I'm itchy.
Posted By: Dani York, CRCM

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
I'm itchy.

TMI!
Posted By: hgliii

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 06:00 PM

There was a bill introduced in the TN legislature this session to not comply with DST (like Arizona). If that happens, it means East TN will be on CDT and Middle/West TN will be on MDT.
Now that will be crazy.
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 07:19 PM

I believe indian and michigan change time zones instead of clocks. I know when I was up in Grand Rapids they did the time zone change.
Posted By: hgliii

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 07:27 PM

That was tried here in TN about 40 years ago. The folks in East TN, which at that time made up a majority of the manufacturing and business on the East Coast defeated it in the legislature.
It just doesn't make any sense for the section of TN from Chattanooga, North to the KY line, and East be EST and the rest of TN be CST. My house is less than one mile from CST, as the crow flies.

RANT OVER
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Monday after the time change... - 03/10/14 07:54 PM

As much as I hate losing an hour of sleep in the spring I love twice as much that extra hour of sleep in the fall. ^_^