Brett Favre

Posted By: MackenzieS

Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:04 PM

Okay, for all of you football fans...did you watch the game last night? I felt so bad for the loss of his father on Sunday and it was so cool to watch Brett play last night in such rare form. You could tell that the team stepped up and played it for him....it was really touching. Plus, just a great game!
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:08 PM

I heard it was a great game although we weren't home during the evening. Since his father was a coach, I'm sure he would have wanted him to play the game and be a part of the team.
Posted By: Lestie G

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:08 PM

I watched part of it. What heart and courage! You just know that playing is exactly what his dad would have wanted.
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:36 PM

You could tell that he struggled emotionally some last night, but I'm sure his father saw every play. Brett is a class act. (and this from a die-hard Dallas fan)!
Posted By: Pup

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:47 PM

My roommate is a die-hard Dallas fan, too, and we both agreed that his father had a little to do with how well Brett played last night. His throws into triple coverage, in my opinion, should not have been caught. I believe that he received a little help from above

I almost cried watching him on the sideline and thinking about the scene where Doug Pederson had to break the news to him. I can't imagine being in his shoes. Makes you think a little bit.
Posted By: Jokerman

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:47 PM

He really couldn't miss during the first half. Every time he dropped back, Green Bay moved the ball about 50 yards. Unbelievable.
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 05:50 PM

Jeremy-It certainly does make you think. And I'm with you guys...I think his dad had something to do with the game. Man, again, what a classy guy Brett is.
Posted By: Alien

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 07:57 PM

Dude – I am a Raiders Fan but I was rooting for him – My son was rooting for 1 more Yard! – To make it a round 400!

I however think the post game lead in question by the “good looking sideline pretending to know sports reporter” was rather tacky.

“Playing with a broken finger is one thing, but playing with a broken heart” - I mean, what kind of a 8 year old lead in question is that. No surprise Bret just rolled his eyes and smirked as if saying, “ Here we go again, another one pretending to understand my grief” – That’s sick man!
Posted By: MackenzieS

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 09:44 PM

I agree with you. I don't think it should have been addressed at all. Everyone knew what happened, everyone knew the emotional nightmare he was going through and I just KNEW they couldn't resist but to shove a microphone in his face and bring it up. To some it might be called journalism but to me it was disrespectful and inappropriate.
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Brett Favre - 12/23/03 10:04 PM

Mackenzie, I couldn't agree more. I'm starting to get sick of sports reporters in general. They all seem to be interested in making a big deal out of everything. I am blessed in that both of my parents are alive, but I think everyone who has lost a parent already knows what Brett is going through, and doesn't need some half-wit to bring it to them live on national TV. If I were Brett, I wouldn't want to "share my grief with America". I didn't see that segment, but having watched Favre play football over the last 11 years, I bet his response was typical Favre- gracious and mature.