Blacklist

Posted By: Queen Mum

Blacklist - 09/24/14 04:07 PM

Anyone watch Blacklist? Was that Lizzy's mom?
Posted By: califgirl

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 05:07 PM

Yes and maybe. We're still not sure if Red is her dad.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 06:07 PM

Don't know that I'll be able to watch more pieces tho.... :shudder:
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 06:08 PM

I'm starting to lean towards Red not being her dad but I have no idea what the connection would be then. That show is so good and James Spader is an awesome actor!
Posted By: Need Coffee

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 08:10 PM

I watched the show for the first time Monday night. I don't get the appeal. It was VERY cheesy. I plan on giving it a few more episodes because I have heard such good things. I want to like it because I like James Spader. I hope it was just my mood.
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 08:16 PM

Dad, yes. Mom, yes. More pieces? Coming soon.
I think her ex is the guy watching her, but I think he is protecting, not hunting.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 09:03 PM

I thought the x was killed? I don't either want to see anyone in pieces and I think the guy playing the captor is a cheezy villain as well.I can't believe he didn't get killed by the guy in the barcolounger as trigger happy as the rest of them were. It's getting to be a bit reaching. What an actor though, he is excellent in a lead role.

Re: Blacklist - 09/24/14 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Need Coffee
I watched the show for the first time Monday night. I don't get the appeal. It was VERY cheesy. I plan on giving it a few more episodes because I have heard such good things. I want to like it because I like James Spader. I hope it was just my mood.

You really need to go back and watch the first season. I don't think it would make a lot of sense if I hadn't seen it last year. It's a very intriguing show. Even though each week is a new criminal or whatever, it's all tied togather.

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 02:07 PM

Coffee, I felt that way when I first started watching too but I got sucked in by Spader. He is just one of those actors that makes you believe in his character no matter what.

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 04:07 PM

And who doesnt want to be Red!?!? Educated, wealthy, cultured, and almost totally remiss of "give-a-sh#t". laugh

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 04:29 PM

You know, BB, I didn't get that remiss part at all.
He cares...a lot.
He just doesn't believe in the justice system, ie The Law, and rightly so, imho.
So, he administers justice in the true sense of the word and fights for it too.

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
You know, BB, I didn't get that remiss part at all.
He cares...a lot.
He just doesn't believe in the justice system, ie The Law, and rightly so, imho.
So, he administers justice in the true sense of the word and fights for it too.

Thats why the "almost". He only cares about specific things (or people). Anything outside that sphere is subject to his justice. I guess its more that he is blissfully free of concern of consequence or opinion.

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 04:58 PM

I still disagree because I think he's acutely aware and concerned about consequence and he sure as he// has an opinion.

Wasn't there a show last year where he helped derail a cataclysmic event?
Actually, isn't the blacklist a list of master criminals which is why Red is working with the FBI rather than a local police force?

While the original pretense was that Red was trading time by working for the FBI, I'm beginning to believe that he's been rehabilitated and 'made human'. And that's the subliminal angle that Spader works so well to suck viewers in. You're just not sure if he's a really bad guy with a soft spot or a changed guy keeping up a façade of evil.

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 05:23 PM

Or a bad guy with an ax to grind and using the FBI to spin the grinding wheel.

He's such a complex character, I think it will be a long time until we find his true motivation. This is one of my top 5 favorite shows!

Re: Blacklist - 09/25/14 06:11 PM

[quote=Truffle Royale]I still disagree because I think he's acutely aware and concerned about consequence and he sure as he// has an opinion.

Wasn't there a show last year where he helped derail a cataclysmic event?
Actually, isn't the blacklist a list of master criminals which is why Red is working with the FBI rather than a local police force?

While the original pretense was that Red was trading time by working for the FBI, I'm beginning to believe that he's been rehabilitated and 'made human'. And that's the subliminal angle that Spader works so well to suck viewers in. You're just not sure if he's a really bad guy with a soft spot or a changed guy keeping up a façade of evil. [/quote

Oh he is concerned with his own opinion, just no one else's (except his daughters)
And he definitely has helped to thwart bad guys and stop horrible things from happening, but almost always to serve his own purpose. I simply mean that he is unconcerned with the mores or judgement of society. And yes, I think he cares a bit more than he lets on, but it is still on his terms.
Posted By: BurntSienna

Re: Blacklist - 09/26/14 04:15 PM

Great show, yes I watched. No, I don't think Red is going to end up being Lizzy's father. I think there will be some twist. This particular episode was a little bit over the top, but the series as a whole is fantastic.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Blacklist - 09/26/14 06:44 PM

::runs through thread with eyes and ears covered:: I'm still trying to finish up last season!!

I really like this show. Red is such a good bad guy!
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Blacklist - 09/29/14 02:55 PM

I just caught the first episode on Netflix last night. Interesting.

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 02:49 PM

I'm so mad. NCIS:Los Angeles recorded last night instead of Blacklist. Needless to say I've rectified that situation. Are Blacklist episodes online?

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 03:21 PM

Should be. If you have satellite and the On Demand feature you might be able to get it there.

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 04:06 PM

It's probably on the NBC website. I should go back and watch it again - it was soooo confusing.

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 04:59 PM

Did anyone ever notice if the wife was actually missing a finger? I wondered if it really was hers or if it was some other "stiffs." No pun intended. Oh wait, yes it was!

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 05:01 PM

Near the end of the show, I think I saw a bandage on her hand. It all went by so quickly - that's why I need to watch it again. I really don't like the way they edit.

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 05:16 PM

She had a bandage on her hand where her finger would be when she came into the room to throw the lamp and cord through the window.

Re: Blacklist - 09/30/14 07:10 PM

I missed that. It's one show that I shouldn't try to multi-task during. I miss things.

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:03 PM

Anybody watch the Blacklist return after the Super Bowl? Action-packed to say the least. And I love Ron Perlman as a bad guy! Can't wait until Thursday.
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:05 PM

I saw it and thought it was really good. It re airs on Thursday with the conclusion to the episode airing right after the replay.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:08 PM

One of the best dramas on TV.

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:12 PM

I'm interested to see what memories they'll be able to recover from Lizzy. I told my husband that I'm ready for some answers. Maybe not all but some!!
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:15 PM

I think Reddington is her biological father.

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:42 PM

I also think Reddington is her father. Have we had a major character die? I wondered if it would happen on Sunday night.

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 03:48 PM

I think so too. And I think she thinks he is too.

No I don't think we've had a major character die. I thought for sure one of them would die Sunday.

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 04:27 PM

Well in the previews you could hear her say, "He was there!"

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 04:37 PM

Love this show. I have thought from about the second episode that he was her father.

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 05:53 PM

Sometimes it's hard to watch but I'm hooked too. I've been sure of his fatherhood from the time Lizzy's 'father' 'died'. wink

Re: Blacklist - 02/03/15 06:27 PM

I secretly hope he's not her father since they've been hinting about it for so long.
Posted By: MidwestCFE

Re: Blacklist - 02/04/15 08:51 PM

my fav show!!! Spader is amazing as Red. I love the twists & turns
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Blacklist - 02/04/15 09:35 PM

Saw this for the 1st time after the Super Bowl and it was very good. Just wish it was not a Thursday night show as that is night out night.

Re: Blacklist - 02/05/15 03:24 PM

Thursday is also Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder!!! Full night!

Re: Blacklist - 02/05/15 03:25 PM

Previous seasons are on Netflix so you can always catch up later.

Re: Blacklist - 02/05/15 03:27 PM

Had to get rid of HTGAWM because of Blacklist's move to Thursday. I need to call Directv and upgrade my system so I can record more shows.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Blacklist - 02/05/15 03:31 PM

We just started watching The Blacklist on Netflix. We're on episode 6. Honestly, I prefer Netflix even though it's behind. We DVR too many programs now and we can watch it at our leisure.
Posted By: MidwestCFE

Re: Blacklist - 02/06/15 09:03 PM

last night was kinda weird...a bit too far fetched for me..but still love Red!

Re: Blacklist - 02/06/15 09:22 PM

I totally called the location of the fulcrum (to my hubby anyway.) And I still hope/think Red's not her father. Very intense episode but aren't they all!

Re: Blacklist - 02/06/15 09:27 PM

I haven't watched last night's program yet.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: Blacklist - 02/06/15 09:33 PM

Wasn't last night a rerun of the one that followed the Super Bowl? We recorded it, but I didn't even look to see if it was actually a new one. If so, I know what I'm doing tonight.

Re: Blacklist - 02/06/15 09:44 PM

I think they re-ran Sunday's episode followed by a new episode. Followed by the premiere of Allegiance which I will try out this weekend.