Dear Ebola panickers...

Posted By: HappyGilmore

Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:15 PM

enough already...just stop

Thank you
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:18 PM

You cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

We are safe as per the CDC
Posted By: noelekal

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:20 PM

I feel better already.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:27 PM

I've got a fever........

the fever for the flavor of a Pringle!
Posted By: QCL

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Peepers
I've got a fever........

the fever for the flavor of a Pringle!

Really thought that this was going to be about more cowbell.
Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:49 PM

So whats going to happen first?

1.Zombiepocolypse (dead ebola guy gets up in Africa)
2.Skynet Starting WWIII (more and more smart bombs)
3.Matrix (my smart phone is scaring me), or
4.I'm gonna make me a BLT for Halloween (Brains, lettuce and tomato)

smile
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
3.Matrix (my smart phone is scaring me)

You should be OK on that one. According to Sheldon, when the machines rise up the ATMs will be leading the charge.
Posted By: JWills, CRCM

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 03:30 PM

Makes you wonder what they haven't told us.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: JWills
Makes you wonder what they haven't told us.

Pretty sure they havent spilled the beans on everything yet.
FOr instance, I'm still not sure about that whole "Roswell thing".... smile
SLightly more seriously, I'm more nervous that they aren't so much holding stuff back but more like they dont actually know wha to do.
Posted By: JWills, CRCM

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:12 PM

That is true BBB. I don't think they ever thought we would have to worry about it in the US. Things like that don't happen here, or so we thought.
Posted By: Stupendous Man

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:15 PM

"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the jewish banking conspiracy or the gray aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."
Posted By: Jafo

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:24 PM

By 'They' do you mean the CDC or the current administration?
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Jafo
By 'They' do you mean the CDC or the current administration?

Yes
Posted By: PATSGirl74

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:32 PM

"They" 100% do not know what to do, did not already have a plan in place and unless 'they' are healthcare workers in a "big city" THEY probably still don't ......ANY of that stuff.

My mother works in a large hospital in her city (approximatly 60 miles south east of Boston, MA)and I am sure that if a suspected patient came into her hosiptal the staff would not yet have been fully informed on how to handle the situation. It is both scary & sad
Posted By: PATSGirl74

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:33 PM

On a much more serious note BBB - my smart phone scares the heck out of me ....How does it know that it will take me 30 minutes to get to work this morning???? I have nopt once asked for directions to or from work/home on that phone. IT IS WATCHING ME

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Stupendous Man
"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the jewish banking conspiracy or the gray aliens or the 12 foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless."

If you believe that then I've got some land in Florida to sell you. Never floods.

Not only does the world have a rudder. That rudder steers its course through a sea of money and has since time immemorial. No chaos about it. History won't support any notion of chaos or lack of control.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:45 PM

Just to add to the hysteria on BOL and not in general.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/schools-in-ohio-texas-closed-over-ebola-fears/

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: noelekal

If you believe that I've got some land in Florida to sell you. Never floods.

Not only does the world have a rudder. That rudder steers its course through a sea of money and has since time immemorial. No chaos about it. History won't support any notion of chaos or lack of control.

Kaos? lack of Control? hmmm better get Maxwell Smart on the case.
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:53 PM

In the interest of full disclosure:

<----is an Ebola panicker.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 04:58 PM

^^^^

Target laugh
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 05:06 PM

When my daughter, the nurse and medical director, came home and told me that she may cancel a trip to big city regions if this 'scare' ramps up anymore, I changed my tune on this. I'm not panicking yet. But I do take notice when someone in the profession is showing concern.

On a lighter note, I would have thought ComplyYouMust would be all over this. crazy
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 05:17 PM

ComplyYouMust is too busy binge-watching "1000 ways to Die" while clutching a can of Lysol and a shotgun. laugh

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
ComplyYouMust is too busy binge-watching "1000 ways to Die" while clutching a can of Lysol and a shotgun. laugh

Sparks from a shot gun and Aerosol spray? I think not laugh

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 05:26 PM

Hope CYM doesnt confuse the two. Otherwise the bathroom is gonna be a mess and the zombie horde is gonna smell of air freshener!

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
When my daughter, the nurse and medical director, came home and told me

gee, is your daughter so prone to hysterics that she had to bring a nurse and medical director home with her to explain this to you? Does insurance cover this as a house call? What is the deductible on this type of meeting? eek
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 05:55 PM

gee, I thought the commas were properly placed especially since I've referenced her job description before in these threads.
It's the same as writing 'Happy, the armless football lover and referee, came home and told Mrs Happy....
smirk

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 06:01 PM

gee, I thought the commas were properly placed especially since I've referenced her job description before in these threads.
It's the same as writing 'Happy, the armless football lover and referee, came home and told Mrs Happy....
smirk

All three and a dozen more can tell her to stop shopping but it will not work. laugh
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 06:52 PM

My 8-year old asked me to get him ebola for his cereal Saturday morning. My punny sarcastic heart melted.
Posted By: ComplianceDude

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:32 PM

“We recognize that even a single case of Ebola in the United States seems threatening, but the simple truth is that we do know how to stop the spread of Ebola between people.” —Beth Bell, MD, MPH, Director of the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, quoted in the CDC’s flyer “What You Need to Know About Ebola” located online at http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/what-need-to-know-ebola.pdf

The first time I read that, I accidentally inserted the word "not" between "do" and "know," which was rather alarming. (Hate it when someone unnecessarily adds "do" to their sentence.)

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust
“We recognize that even a single case of Ebola in the United States seems threatening, but the simple truth is that we do know how to stop the spread of Ebola between people.” —Beth Bell, MD, MPH, )

Would that include telling a person with Ebola symptoms to board a plane with 135 people aboard?

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:36 PM

Does anyone remember a time not so long ago when people shrieked either “SARS!” [the illness, not the BSA reports] or “Bird flu!” or “Pandemic!” on roughly an annual basis? There must be some serious money behind panics.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ComplyYouMust
&#147;We recognize that even a single case of Ebola in the United States seems threatening, but the simple truth is that we do know how to stop the spread of Ebola between people.&#148; &#151;Beth Bell, MD, MPH, Director of the National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, quoted in the CDC&#146;s flyer &#147;What You Need to Know About Ebola&#148; located online at http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/what-need-to-know-ebola.pdf

The first time I read that, I accidentally inserted the word "not" between "do" and "know," which was rather alarming. (Hate it when someone unnecessarily adds "do" to their sentence.)

I just did the the exact same thing when i read it.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: edAudit
Would that include telling a person with Ebola symptoms to board a plane with 135 people aboard?

laugh Yeah. Something like: "Whoa, you have a temperature? Is it 101 because if so, you should go wait in your car for an ambulance - certainly not go to an ER - and of course, do not, under any circumstance, touch anything with you bare hands, or exhale, or board any buses or planes. Oh wait, it's only 99 and a half? Enjoy your flight!"
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:43 PM

Should be interesting on top of normal flu season. crazy
Posted By: Sunshine Lady

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:53 PM

Still a little scary to me. I do not dwell on it, but I am cognizant of the people who have died and those that are in quarantine for 21 days. I am not a person who panics easily, but that is all that is being talked about in the news. I had to turn the TV off this morning, it was depressing.
Posted By: califgirl

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:59 PM

Does Ebola trump HIPAA? Or did all the Ebola patients waive their privacy rights?
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 07:58 PM

^^^^

Target laugh

See! That is how rumors start. Ebola is not at Target!

grin

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 08:25 PM

smirk

All three and a dozen more can tell her to stop shopping but it will not work. laugh

que sera sera...
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 08:49 PM

No need to panic here I just ordered a full bio-hazard suit from Amazon to wear to work from now on so I am good.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 08:54 PM

kind of like when ricin or sarin was sent through the mail to one person, next thing you know all postal workers were feeling ill, companies bought gloves and masks for when opening mail, you had to have a policy to address what would happen if some was discovered...and yet here we all are!

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 09:25 PM

We have already been told by HR that bio hazard suits are off the menu for Halloween customes. I got the smartazz of the day award for pointing that the email was unnecessary, since masks are not allowed anyway.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 09:28 PM

Happy,
When Swine flu (2009-H1N1 type A influenz) was the pandemic du jour I did not panic. I dutifully got my flu shot and one for all my family. I did everything that webmd said that I was supposed to do. But that's the thing with viruses. My immune-suppressed kid actually got it. And then she developed secondary complications. And then we almost lost her a 3rd time.

I'm not panicked. But I'm not blindly believing all the carp the CDC flip-flopping my way either.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 09:31 PM

I'm not panicked either.
Now get away from my plastic bubble! laugh

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Sun Shine Lady
Still a little scary to me. I do not dwell on it, but I am cognizant of the people who have died and those that are in quarantine for 21 days. I am not a person who panics easily, but that is all that is being talked about in the news. I had to turn the TV off this morning, it was depressing.

And now the WHO is advising 42 days crazy

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/16/14 11:17 PM

I still walk around with a can of Raid™ everywhere I go due to the killer bee scare. eek

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 10:23 AM

You know? It's not the Ebola that panics me. It's the utter incompetency of the CDC on constant display that is enough to induce panic!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-nurse-called-cdc-several-times/

Center for Distribution of Contagion

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/six-reasons-panic_816387.html#

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 01:18 PM

You cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

We are safe as per the CDC

A Dallas lab worker believed to have handled specimens from the Liberian man who became the first person to be diagnosed and die of Ebola on U.S. soil is quarantined aboard the Carnival Magic cruise ship, pictured above, off the coast of Belize, leaving passengers stranded.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/17...ngers-stranded/

And nothing to see here either:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/16/alarm-after-vomiting-passenger-dies-on-flight-from-nigeria-to-jfk/

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 02:59 PM

That lady trying to board her flight in a full hazmad suit in Dallas has the right idea.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 03:24 PM

My bro works for an airline and he said the flights out of Dallas are ridiculous. He said people are trying to get out of the city as fast ast they can. That's panic!!! And dumb. If Ebola was truly widespread the last place I'd want to be is on an airplane. Take a car out of the city if you're truly concerned. It's not the time to panic nor is it the time to ignore. Now's the time to keep an ear on the news and watch the spread and take some APPROPRIATE precautions.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 03:29 PM

Is anyone picturing 'The Stand' right about now?

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
My bro works for an airline and he said the flights out of Dallas are ridiculous. He said people are trying to get out of the city as fast ast they can. That's panic!!! And dumb. If Ebola was truly widespread the last place I'd want to be is on an airplane. Take a car out of the city if you're truly concerned. It's not the time to panic nor is it the time to ignore. Now's the time to keep an ear on the news and watch the spread and take some APPROPRIATE precautions.

Have you ever been to Dallas? Ebola is the last thing to worry about there (and possibly not the reason for the exodus). I was stuck in the financial district for a week and though I would die of boredom. laugh

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 03:35 PM

And, boredom'll kill ya'!

I can sympathize, Ed.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 03:53 PM

Well notice people aren't clamoring to get IN to Dallas! laugh

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 04:29 PM

If you believe that then I've got some land in Florida to sell you. Never floods.

"The belief that there is a singular clearly definable (if unknown) entitiy in charge is it's own downplaying, because it implies that "we" can potentially rebel and dismantle it once we learn enough about it.

The truth is worse. Our power structure is a complex network of millions of particular interests that in aggregate yields some nasty results. "The System" is not a machine that can be stopped, it is more like a mist that permeates all of society. Powerful individuals are not in the position due to an elaborate plan, but because of opportunism, and in the end they are slaves to this phenomenon just like everyone else.

The only way to tame this beast is to change how people think. To change how YOU AND I think. If more people think in a rational way and if more people value empathy the embergent system will yield more desireable results."

TLDR: The real monste was inside us all along

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:05 PM

I think any new group or person for that matter calling out people in Dallas for being overly worried for their life and their loved ones lives should win an all expense trip to Dallas to ride public transportation for a few days to put their money where their mouth is.

As long as they are not hurting others to do what they need to do to feel safe I fail to see that as a bad thing.

Personally I would rather ride a roller coaster at six-flags right now than visit Dallas.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Wolfy
I think any new group or person for that matter calling out people in Dallas for being overly worried for their life and their loved ones lives should win an all expense trip to Dallas to ride public transportation for a few days to put their money where their mouth is.

As long as they are not hurting others to do what they need to do to feel safe I fail to see that as a bad thing.

Personally I would rather ride a roller coaster at six-flags right now than visit Dallas.

How about the six flags in Arlington? smirk

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:16 PM

My wife's coming through Dallas tomorrow on a connecting flight to the Abilene airport, coming home from caring for the new granddaughter for a week.

When do y'all think the nation will hit Ebola-overload with regards to news devoted to it? I'm kinda getting there now. I told my wife: "don't touch anything and don't lick the counters (old family joke concerning our son when he was a toddler).

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:17 PM

When is Nancy Grace going to milk it to death?
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Skittles
Is anyone picturing 'The Stand' right about now?

Captain Tripps... eek

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:20 PM

She's still on?

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:29 PM

???

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:32 PM

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:36 PM

"The belief that there is a singular clearly definable (if unknown) entitiy in charge is it's own downplaying, because it implies that "we" can potentially rebel and dismantle it once we learn enough about it.

The truth is worse. Our power structure is a complex network of millions of particular interests that in aggregate yields some nasty results. "The System" is not a machine that can be stopped, it is more like a mist that permeates all of society. Powerful individuals are not in the position due to an elaborate plan, but because of opportunism, and in the end they are slaves to this phenomenon just like everyone else.

The only way to tame this beast is to change how people think. To change how YOU AND I think. If more people think in a rational way and if more people value empathy the embergent system will yield more desireable results."

TLDR: The real monste was inside us all along

Here is the truth. There is a moral compass and we may discern right from wrong. We may refrain from deliberate participation in some all-pervading "mist" of some "system," avoiding many of its manipulations while we are at it. The assertion I made is valid. That line from "All the President's Men: "Follow the money," is apt.

Greed drives much of human endeavor.
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 05:59 PM

What killed JR? EBOLA!

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 06:10 PM

Didn't know...TNT cancelled Dallas.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Wolfy
I think any news group or person for that matter calling out people in Dallas for being overly worried for their life and their loved ones lives should win an all expense trip to Dallas to ride public transportation for a few days to put their money where their mouth is.

How about the six flags in Arlington? smirk

That was the one I was talking about. laugh

Sorry about my CNN rant earlier. Just walked by the TV in the lobby at the wrong time it seems.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 07:03 PM

No need for the rant apology this entire thread is a rant.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 07:19 PM

^_^
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 09:26 PM

Gah!!!! I can't stand her. Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

Gah!!!! I can't stand her. Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Word.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/17/14 09:46 PM

Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Even worse is that is likely a room without bacon. eek Or full of turkey bacon. shocked laugh
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Worse than nails on a chalkboard in a room full of screaming babies and barking dogs.

Even worse is that is likely a room without bacon. eek Or full of turkey bacon. shocked laugh

laugh

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 02:25 PM

My bro works for an airline and he said the flights out of Dallas are ridiculous. He said people are trying to get out of the city as fast ast they can. That's panic!!! And dumb. If Ebola was truly widespread the last place I'd want to be is on an airplane...

I was unable to locate any news online to verify this 3rd-hand report of Dallas being voluntarily evacuated. Any updates from bro?

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 02:26 PM

moved to correct thread (EIGTKU)

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 02:52 PM

well, i for one am very happy to see that we have named an ebola czar...now, some of you may be concerned that he has no medical background or medical training, but that is of no concern. He is imminitely qualified for this role, as he has a heavy background in "being able to ensure the message is being delivered consistently".

i feel safer already.

Now, i eagerly await appointments of other czars for things that are killing us or we need to improve upon:

1 - seatbelt use czar
2 - cancer czar
3 - eliminating fast food czar
4 - HFCS czar
5 - drink more water czar
6 - exercise czar
7 - personal responsibility czar
8 - big gulp czar
9 - credit use czar

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
appointments of other czars for things that are killing us

ComplyYouMust will oversee them all

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 08:44 PM

Ha ha. They wouldn't like my methods, I assure you.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/20/14 08:49 PM

And since we can't catch it on a bus, oops I mean, since if we are healthy then we shouldn't be worried about whether we caught it on a bus, then, it makes total sense that they had to sanitize the sidewalk outside Nurse No. 1's house.

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/20...d72453f607c.jpg
Posted By: manimal

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:25 PM

Wondering if anyone has coworkers at the JHA conference in Dallas this week?

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: manimal

has or had? eek

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:31 PM

:shrugs: Just saying.
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:35 PM

We're flying Frontier tomorrow morning. I've had multiple people ask if we're going to cancel and drive instead...since that one flight to Ohio was by them and we'll probably get "the Ebola" if we fly. Le sigh.

Here's hoping some of the fliers bow out due to similar paranoia and we can stretch out a bit!

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:40 PM

wondering if they will be making bad jokes about it. Like travel with us and get a free ""e bowl a" cereal. Southwest would.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:44 PM

So, a hospital worker gets on a cruise ship after being exposed, and upon learning she was exposed, quarantines herself. Then, through observation and blood tests, they determine she does not have ebola.

Nevertheless, schools in Oklahoma close because staff and students were on the same ship. Do y'all do science much in OK?

Here Mr. Superintendent, pass me that grapefruit.
I don't have a grapefruit.
Give it to me anyway.
I can't give you something I don't have.
Yep. Duh.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 04:49 PM

Could be that he received a call from the head of the CDC that said "you can not get Ebola from someone who does not have it but a person who does not have it can transmit it."

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 06:25 PM

i'm sure someone does...i can't imagine everyone who attends is self-employed in one-man shops smirk

(i know, smartass, right?) eek

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
So, a hospital worker gets on a cruise ship after being exposed, and upon learning she was exposed, quarantines herself. Then, through observation and blood tests, they determine she does not have ebola.

Nevertheless, schools in Oklahoma close because staff and students were on the same ship. Do y'all do science much in OK?

Here Mr. Superintendent, pass me that grapefruit.
I don't have a grapefruit.
Give it to me anyway.
I can't give you something I don't have.
Yep. Duh.

you can't get ebola from sitting next to someone on a bus...the CDC has yet to determine if you can get it from being next to someone on a cruise ship...

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 06:43 PM

you can't get ebola from sitting next to someone on a bus...the CDC has yet to determine if you can get it from being next to someone on a cruise ship...

laugh Hmm...but just to make sure we are on the same page in our analysis of the information coming from the CDC: The CDC has not said you can't get ebola from sitting next to someone on a bus. The CDC has only said that if you are healthy (read: if you do not have ebola) then you should not be worried about whether you caught it by sitting next to someone on a bus. Big difference.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/21/14 06:46 PM

what about people who harvest grapefruits?

they sound dangerous

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/22/14 01:38 PM

i'm sure someone does...i can't imagine everyone who attends is self-employed in one-man shops smirk

(i know, smartass, right?) eek

laugh I won't lie, I have coworkers there right now. eek

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 10/22/14 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
. Do y'all do science much in OK?

Science? Yes, Oklahoma is a huge center for a number of sciences. What we dont do here is make decesions. We are the kingpoop of "zero tolerance policies" and the like for school systems, simply because no one wants to make the tougher decisions. So we treat a kid with a left over popsicle stck the same as a kid with a machete. smirk
Ok, in some fairness, I suppose they did out of "an abundance of caution", but still......

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 07:16 PM

Good News Everyone! New York doctor got cleared. No known ebola cases in the US now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...ses-in-the-u-s/
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 07:33 PM

I think it's funny how the media pumped this into a frothy mess. Talking with my mom a couple of weeks ago, I asked her how many Americans were known to have died from ebola. Just the one. I assured her there was absolutely nothing to worry about, and the chances of dying from ebola were about the same as winning every state lottery the same week.
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 07:34 PM

Was doing my plasma "donation" yesterday for the first time in a few months, they had six questions on their standard questionnaire for each time you check in that were ebola related. Do you have it? Have you been in contact with anyone who may have had it? Have you been in any of these countries in the last six months? If I have to answer all of those every time I go in...ugh. Dang ebola!

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt_B
Was doing my plasma "donation" yesterday for the first time in a few months, they had six questions on their standard questionnaire for each time you check in that were ebola related. Do you have it? Have you been in contact with anyone who may have had it? Have you been in any of these countries in the last six months? If I have to answer all of those every time I go in...ugh. Dang ebola!

yeah, they still ask if i've had sex for money since 1985...i keep answering that i was married that same year so as far as i'm concerned that answer would be a resounding yes...

sometimes it gets a chuckle, sometimes an eyeroll, but more often that not it gets response much like the TSA would provide if you were asking about transporting a bomb on a plane

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 07:55 PM

I always answer with "No, not since 1985"
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 08:00 PM

What about phone sex confused

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 08:09 PM

sexting?

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 08:38 PM

Dying from Ebola is about 70% death rate according to the WHO. Catching Ebola in the US is less chance than lotto.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 09:05 PM

But the surviving family can sue the hospital and walk away wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. And they can get the $500 thousand hospital bill waived.

Re: Dear Ebola panickers... - 11/12/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.

my dreams are over-the-top wild, so please stop using this phrase, because nothing can be beyond these...

thanks