Subsidizing Healthcare...

Posted By: MB Guy

Subsidizing Healthcare... - 11/26/14 04:33 PM

I found this interesting: A friend of mine who recently retired sent me the message below. Some background on this person: Her and her hubby were lifelong bankers who earned pensions as well as very lucrative retirement plans at their banks, and have amassed over $1MM in retirement assets (marketable stocks and bonds) and not including their home and vehicle. The hubby gets medicare, but the wife hasn't met that age yet, so she was looking for new healthcare and here are her results due to the new healthcare rules:

Quote:
I was sure I'd be looking at about $550 - $600 per month for my premium but after going thru all the steps (new healthcare website), my premium will only be $277! They don't take our savings into consideration; only our pensions, my husband's SSI, and they deduct the student loans he's paying (for his kids) which brought us under the maximum. I was paying $156 a month but I am sooooooo relieved to get a tax credit making the premium a whole lot more manageable.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Subsidizing Healthcare... - 11/26/14 06:19 PM

Wealth redistribution from the middle class to the low and mod as well as the income poor but wealthy retired gentry!

That is our government in action.
Posted By: TMatt87

Re: Subsidizing Healthcare... - 11/26/14 06:29 PM

I don't see how all these subsidies are being paid for. A small increase on medical devices isn't going to cover it all....
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Subsidizing Healthcare... - 11/26/14 06:38 PM

When the books don't have to balance, anything is possible.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Subsidizing Healthcare... - 11/26/14 06:47 PM

And when an entity gets large enough and all of the parts and pieces cannot be reconciled, numbers become subjective and can be manipulated into whatever result one desires.
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Subsidizing Healthcare... - 11/26/14 10:07 PM

Stop the world, I want to get off......!!!