What does it take....

Posted By: MB Guy

What does it take.... - 01/13/15 05:37 PM

What does it take to become a "Mastermind"?

Operators of Scheme That Targeted Hispanic Consumers Are Banned From Telemarketing Under Settlement with FTC

Defendants Falsely Promised Consumers Could Get Big Returns by Selling High-End Goods

Cream Group, Inc., which operates as Oro Marketing, and its mastermind Sami Charchian have agreed to a permanent ban on telemarketing to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they targeted Spanish-speaking women with false promises that they could make money reselling brand-name goods, such as Gucci and Ralph Lauren.

The agency alleged that, far from fulfilling their promises, the California-based defendants charged hundreds of dollars up-front for shoddy, generic products. The FTC settlements require Oro and Sami Charchian to turn over virtually all of their assets to the agency, and prohibit them from deceiving consumers in any future sales pitches.

“These defendants preyed on people who were just trying to make an honest living,” said Jessica Rich, Director of the Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Consumers are better off now that the defendants are out of the telemarketing business.”

http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-rel...rce=govdelivery
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: What does it take.... - 01/13/15 05:53 PM

Apparently, a funny looking name?
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: What does it take.... - 01/13/15 06:01 PM

It is rich that Jessica Rich at the CFPB said these ladies are better off now than when they were trying to get rich selling high-end goods.
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: What does it take.... - 01/14/15 02:06 PM

Now I am hearing What does it take to kill a drunken sailor in my head!!
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: What does it take.... - 01/14/15 03:00 PM

I read the article but can't find a mention of throwing these jerks in prison. It seems to me their punishment was a strong admonition to never do that again.
Posted By: noelekal

Re: What does it take.... - 01/14/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Wolfy
Now I am hearing What does it take to kill a drunken sailor in my head!!

Did you mean this tune, Wolfy?

"What do you do with a drunken sailor,
What do you do with a drunken sailor,
Earl-eye in the morning!"

Thanks a lot! Now I have that tune running through my head and I can't get it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: What does it take.... - 01/14/15 05:14 PM

"What do you do with a drunken sailor,
Hire him on at Exxon!"

Memories ........