Outlander (The Starz Movie)

Posted By: Bagweaver

Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 12:18 PM

Have not been on BOL in awhile. If there is already a thread for this, I spologize, but I could not found one. Is anyone watching the show besides me? Comments?

I love the show, and I'm so glad that there will be a second season. Cannot wait (but also dread parts of the show) for the season finale on Saturday. shocked
Posted By: peony

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 12:22 PM

Me! Me! Me! I love love love the show. I stumbled upon it back in April and started watching it. I'm not looking forward to the finale and I am also dreading the long wait before Season 2 comes on.
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 02:16 PM

I saw the movie, with Jim Caviezel, and it was a cool viking style monster movie. I have not seen the TV show of the same name.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 05:36 PM

I've only watched a few episodes when Starz was free, but am currently reading the books. They are awesome.
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 06:17 PM

I love the series. I've read all the books and so far the series follows the books. From reading them though, I had a much different picture in my mind of how Jamie should look, but I think that the actor portraying him is doing a great job!

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 06:58 PM

I have to admit.... I haven't read any of the books! I need to jump on the bandwagon and start reading while waiting for Season 2 comes back on! The guy that plays Jamie is swoon-worthy! smile
Posted By: Dazed Auditor

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/26/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By Wolfy
I saw the movie, with Jim Caviezel, and it was a cool viking style monster movie. I have not seen the TV show of the same name.

I've seen the movie you are referring to. Meh.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 12:35 AM

I had started rereading Dragonfly in Amber but decided to wait and read just ahead of the movie next season.

I discovered Outlander years ago. Love Diana's books. Love the costuming in the movie. I do historical reenactments and really watched the costuming. I'd hate to wear what Claire wore in this neck of the woods. In Scotland it might be ok. Way too hot here!

There are Outlander groups on Facebook. Anyone a member? There's even one for knitters and crocheters.
Posted By: #ONENANA

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 05:34 PM

I saw a movie called Outlander years ago but I can't remember who was in it. Was Sean Connery in it? Anybody know?

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 05:39 PM

Could you be thinking of The Highlander?

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 06:09 PM

There can be only one!!!

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 06:11 PM

Yes Yes I was thinking of The Highlander. Thank you for clearing that up for me. But was Sean Connery in that?

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 07:05 PM

yes he was in the 1st one (which like the Matrix is the only one in the series worth watching) and 2nd one

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 07:36 PM

Thanks Wolfy that was really bugging me.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/27/15 09:57 PM

Point of clarification, the Outlander on Starz is not a movie, it's a series adaptation of the books.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/28/15 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By E.G.B.
Point of clarification, the Outlander on Starz is not a movie, it's a series adaptation of the books.

Welcome to the 26th ^_^ (see posts above)

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/28/15 01:39 PM

I've only read the first book and have not seen any of the series on Starz. I need to do that so I can compare the two.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/28/15 01:58 PM

The first 3-4 episodes on a free movie channel weekend were what got me to start the books. I'm sucked in deep, book 4 is keeping me up at night.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/28/15 05:54 PM

Speaking of "sucked in deep." Jen talked me into starting the the books...now I'm just started on book 7, sleep deprived, thinking in a Scottish accent, and madly Googling Gaelic pronounciations.

Truly excellent series.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 12:09 AM

Gee, sorry I interrupted your discussion of "not on topic movies that had nothing to do with the original post."

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By RR Becca
Speaking of "sucked in deep." Jen talked me into starting the the books...now I'm just started on book 7, sleep deprived, thinking in a Scottish accent, and madly Googling Gaelic pronounciations.

Truly excellent series.

If you listen to the audio version, they do all the hard pronunciations for you! smile I will admit these books are what inspired me to have a bagpiper for my son's baptism. All of us were in our clan tartan as well.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 10:13 AM

One more day to the finale!

Spoiler alert! -------->

Read something that the author wrote about the finale. It deviates from the book and readers should put the book down and not compare it to the movie. She was pleased with the ending. My favorite scene won't be there. 😩 oh, well, I can just reread that part of the book if I need to. ☺️

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 01:58 PM

UGH...now I'm going to have to find a way to watch it without paying for Starz.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By RR Becca

Truly excellent series.

You forgot incorporating the language into our everyday comments. I said "wee" again last night. I was up until midnight reading.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 02:35 PM

I said "Jesus H Roosevelt Christ" the other day.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 02:56 PM

Gee, sorry I interrupted your discussion of "not on topic movies that had nothing to do with the original post."

wow sorry I was just pointing out our posts from the 26th actually talked about the OP was about the show not the movie like the thread title stated.

"Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie)"
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 03:24 PM

this is just the season finale, right?

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By RR Jen
UGH...now I'm going to have to find a way to watch it without paying for Starz.

The first half of season 1 is out on DVD. My local public library has it. I ended up buying it when it went on sale.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 04:11 PM

We are considering a Netflix subscription just so I can catch up on this and GOT.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 04:17 PM

Is Outlander (the Starz book adaptation) on Netflix?

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 04:27 PM

whatsonnetflix.com notes Outlander series is not on Netflix right now, but I checked Amazon and it is available for rent or on Prime.

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 04:42 PM

It is not streaming on Netflix but I read somewhere you may be able to rent it from Netflix on DVD. Does Netflix still do DVDs?

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/29/15 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By TINKerBell
this is just the season finale, right?

Yes, it is just the season finale. They are saying Season 2 won't be on til 2016. cry

Re: Outlander (The Starz Movie) - 05/31/15 11:18 PM

I was worn out after the show. Whew! Didn't cry but was swallowing hard trying not to. Can't wait for the next season!