iPhone

Posted By: ahkcompliance

iPhone - 06/25/15 01:33 PM

Well last night we switched from Android to an iPhone. Hopefully I will love it within my 15 day return window.

As of this morning...I think I like my Samsung better.
Posted By: Tater

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 01:38 PM

Welcome to worlds and security you've never experienced before! #TeamiPhone forever!

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 01:40 PM

I'm told once I get used to it that I will love it smirk

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 01:42 PM

Whoever told you that is a VERY wise individual. I was in the same boat as you are now a few years ago and now don't know how I could go back to a Droid or Blackberry.
Posted By: edAudit

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 02:07 PM

isn't it just another wireless telephone with internet access?
Posted By: burkemi

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 02:11 PM

I know I am definitely the minority, but as soon as my wireless contract expired I went away from the iPhone. I now have a very basic phone and chose to have the data service disconnectd. I can make/receive phone calls and I can send/receive texts....that's it. I can't send/receive pics because I don't have data service. I am much much MUCH more satisfied with this one than I ever was with the "smart phone."
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 02:13 PM

iphones - you either love them or hate them, there is no in between (gee, sounds like a recurring thread topic, much like the Patriots and cheating smile )
Posted By: MonicaMc

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 03:07 PM

I am Samsung loyal. I love the new S6! I've never been down with "i" anything.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 03:11 PM

I made the switch from a Droid to an iPhone a little over a month ago. I'm happy with it.
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: iPhone - 06/25/15 03:24 PM

I was as rabidly anti-Apple as anyone until a few years ago when a former boss showed me the light. Now i have an iPhone, an iPad, an iPad mini (use it in the cockpit with some very cool flight apps), and an iMac at home. I'm Apple all the way now.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:03 PM

<------iPhone junkie.....I admit it.
Posted By: BowlingQueen

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By MonicaMc
I am Samsung loyal. I love the new S6! I've never been down with "i" anything.

I'm also pro-Samsung and I just got the S6 a couple of weeks ago. I love the phone, but not happy about the shorter battery life. This is the first time I've had to turn on the power-saver option. :P

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:54 PM

I am liking the iPhone but battery not very good yesterday. Will need to buy a charger for my office.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:55 PM

Turn off the WiFi and Bluetooth services when not using them and battery life will extend.

also, be sure to limit the background operations

Both significantly extend life.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:56 PM

The iPhone works best with our bank's apps for accessing email and IM. Those with the other phones get kicked off or lose data.
Posted By: #12

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:56 PM

What ^^^ (Tater) said. Turnoff Background App Refresh, and limit Location Services to apps while using, or not at all!

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 01:57 PM

I turned off the background app refresh last night. Will see how today goes.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:02 PM

My last iPhone update really started to drain my battery. I fixed the background app refresh and my location services and it's much better.

One gripe I have with my iPhone is the charger. I bought an off-brand charger (cause I liked the color) and it won't work. Apparently Apple has disabled the iPhone's ability to charge with anything other than an Apple charger.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:08 PM

I use an off-brand charger and it works perfectly.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:13 PM

iPhone 5 or 6? I have a 5 and when I plug it in I get a pop up saying this charger is not authorized and may not charge the phone completely or something to that effect.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:21 PM

Oops, I meant I have a 5S, not the 6S.
Posted By: JenF

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:30 PM

I have the same problem with my iPhone 6. My car charger is off-brand and I'll randomly get the same message that CompliantOkie gets. I usually just unplug and plug back in and it starts charging again.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:30 PM

I've searched online for a fix and there doesn't seem to be one. I'm due for an upgrade in August and I'm def getting a 6S.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:32 PM

JenF Oddly enough when I first got the charger it worked perfectly but then I started getting the error message and could unplug and then it would work fine. And now it doesn't work at all. I suppose it could be a faulty charger. Maybe I'll try another one.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By #12
What ^^^ (Tater) said. Turnoff Background App Refresh, and limit Location Services to apps while using, or not at all!

Ok...I'm still a little iPhone illiterate. How do I do that?

Overall the battery in my 6+ lasts MUCH longer than my HTC ever did.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By RR Jen
Originally Posted By #12

Ok...I'm still a little iPhone illiterate. How do I do that?

Overall the battery in my 6+ lasts MUCH longer than my HTC ever did.

Settings -> Privacy

You can choose the apps you want to leave on (I have it one for 3 and off for all the rest).

Echoing the other threads of discussion, my Sprint contract is up 11/1 and I'm going AT&T with a regular iPhone 6 (the 6S is too big for my taste and doesn't fit well into my pockets).

I've noticed that off-brand charging cords with the 5S seem to have brown spots on the contact points and if you flip the charging plug over it seems to help the phone charge...I sit in a concrete bunker at my office so mine is plugged in and charging all day long...plus I run bluetooth to a small speaker on my desk for podcast listening.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 02:55 PM

Got it, thanks!
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 03:05 PM

Wow you have a 6s already they are not even set to release until Sept 25 of this year. If you do not like it I would sell that thing on Ebay if I was you and make a ton!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/06/05/iphone-6s-release-date/

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By Wolfy
Wow you have a 6s already they are not even set to release until Sept 25 of this year. If you do not like it I would sell that thing on Ebay if I was you and make a ton!!

Sprint has had them for a long time?
Posted By: homestar

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By edAudit
isn't it just another wireless telephone with internet access?

Only if that's what you want it to be. smirk

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 04:26 PM

One way to increase your battery life on an iPhone is to double click the round "home" button and then the various background programs that are running will show up as "tiles" that you slide to the top to turn them off. You may be surprised by the number of programs running in the background after you think you've exited from them.

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By MB Guy
One way to increase your battery life on an iPhone is to double click the round "home" button and then the various background programs that are running will show up as "tiles" that you slide to the top to turn them off. You may be surprised by the number of programs running in the background after you think you've exited from them.

Discovered this yesterday.
Posted By: edAudit

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 04:33 PM

better way is to have turn it off during working hours added benefit is to be able to get some work done (or fool around on BOL)
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By Tater

Oh are you referring to the 6plus that has the bigger screen that the normal 6?
http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_wall.jsp?INTNAV=LeftNav:Shop:Phones#!/

Re: iPhone - 06/26/15 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By Tater

Oh are you referring to the 6plus that has the bigger screen that the normal 6?
http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_wall.jsp?INTNAV=LeftNav:Shop:Phones#!/

Oh, duh...yes...too many acronyms and abbreviations. Sprint has 6 and 6-plus. *puts himself in timeout for not thinking before posting*