July 3rd check in

Posted By: HappyGilmore

July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 12:47 PM

based on traffic, i'm about one of 10 people in the city of NO working today...
Posted By: edAudit

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 12:49 PM

10 people work in NO on a regular day?
Posted By: burkemi

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:00 PM

We're open as regularly scheduled. Branches that are open on Saturdays have paid leave tomorrow; but otherwise nothing changes. We aren't observing today, nor are we observing on Monday.
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:02 PM

Almost no one in the parking lot today. The rest of the offices in the building are closed. Just us bankers.....
Posted By: QCL

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:04 PM

Good morning Happy!
Originally Posted By burkemi
We're open as regularly scheduled. Branches that are open on Saturdays have paid leave tomorrow; but otherwise nothing changes. We aren't observing today, nor are we observing on Monday.

Same here.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By QCL
Good morning Happy!
Originally Posted By burkemi

Same here.

Yep

We do get a paid floating holiday for the 4th.
Posted By: edAudit

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:08 PM

here and we get nada
Posted By: DD Regs

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By edAudit
here and we get nada

Ditto
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:11 PM

Floating holiday here, taking it on Monday the 6th.
Posted By: ahkcompliance

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:13 PM

My body is here but not sure how much work will actually get done today.

So far I've only accomplished opening BOL which is my most important task of the day smile
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By Cornfed Turtle
Almost no one in the parking lot today. The rest of the offices in the building are closed. Just us bankers.....

Same here.
Posted By: Soccer

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:18 PM

Here
Posted By: Hobbes

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:20 PM

Here. Best drive into work I've had. Hardly anyone on the roads.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:23 PM

The parking lot is full, the phones are going nuts and the drive thru is wrapped around the building.

I think we will have a rush this morning then dead rest the day until 6, then we will have a last minute rush.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:26 PM

Bank's open all day but I'm taking a half. We get paid for tomorrow whether we regularly work Saturdays or not. Weird but that's how they do it.
Looking forward to coasting through the next 4 hours!
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By DD Regs
Originally Posted By edAudit
here and we get nada

Ditto

Dittee. smirk
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:34 PM

Here but we get a floater for later in the year. I'd rather we all just have today off and relax.
Posted By: bcompliance

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:39 PM

Here but we get to leave at 4:00 opposed to 5:30. Don't see the point in leaving early if we are staying that long anyways. But, I guess at least we get something.
Posted By: DoS

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:39 PM

I'm here ... physically anyway. Bank gave me Monday off though.
Posted By: Bankster

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:55 PM

I'm here today and Monday, and swamped. Who was the genius that put a quarter-end in the middle of the summer?
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 01:56 PM

working..... supposed to be off, but if client doesn't close neither do we........
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:00 PM

Here. Parking garage was almost deserted at 8:25. Business unit objectives are due Weds at noon for mid-year review and our OCC friends are starting on Monday so I'm happy to have a very, very, very quiet day to work (and hope it stays that way)
Posted By: Matt_B

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:03 PM

Here. Driving in, the interstate was creepily empty. Clearly we're in the minority!
Posted By: noelekal

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:05 PM

Looks like the 3rd of any other month in the lobby now that we've been opened for a few minutes.

We're here all day. Just a normal day here. No 4th holiday for us if it falls on the weekend any more.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:08 PM

Most of the staff is here today, for now. The commercial loan department has loan committee so they're all here, but after lunch, they'll disappear. I'm supposed to be here until 5, but I'll probably leave before then.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:09 PM

Remember the days when if the fed was closed, we were closed. The phrase "Banking Hours" crazy

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:14 PM

DD, fondly.
Posted By: burkemi

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
Most of the staff is here today, for now. The commercial loan department has loan committee so they're all here, but after lunch, they'll disappear. I'm supposed to be here until 5, but I'll probably leave before then.

I'm supposed to be here until 5, but I'll probably leaving closer to 6......
Posted By: BowlingQueen

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:22 PM

We're open and no floating day. However, the bank is serving us hot dogs, chips and dessert for lunch today. Seems like a fair trade. LOL

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:35 PM

Hahahaaaaaaa, yeah, seems completely fair.
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By noelekal
We're here all day. Just a normal day here. No 4th holiday for us if it falls on the weekend any more.

ditto. But we're having a dept potluck. smile

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:38 PM

We get a floating holiday at least, and I'll probably take a late lunch and sneak out around 4. Nobody knows if I'm here anyway, and I work through lunch either way, so I don't feel bad about it. Nobody else will be around by then from the management perspective anyway I'm sure.
Posted By: Quadspapa

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:41 PM

We are open today. Our branches normally open on Saturdays, but will be closed tomorrow.
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 02:56 PM

Open, working and no food/treats. But we will not be open tomorrow. Save those 2 people the 4 hours morning shift they normally would have had.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:06 PM

We are having Big O's http://www.bigosbbq.com/index.htm cater lunch for the staff today to give it a "festive" feel. I''ll feel like a nap all afternoon after lunch.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:17 PM

All the executive officers just left together, leaving behind one SVP who was left out of the loop and came to ask me where everyone went. Someone heard them say that a couple of them will be back in the afternoon.

We get a floating day to compensate for the holiday.
Posted By: renniks

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:21 PM

We're open regular hours today, but splitting the day. Some came in for the morning leaving at noon, some coming in at noon, staying until 5:00 p.m. The branches actually have been very busy which is surprising because I was about the only person on the road this morning.
Posted By: Soccer

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:23 PM

All the executive officers just left together, leaving behind one SVP who was left out of the loop and came to ask me where everyone went. Someone heard them say that a couple of them will be back in the afternoon.

Do you & I work at the same place? smile
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:32 PM

It's pretty much a ghost town here. Few people working. At least, they are closing a little early.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:48 PM

Originally Posted By MB Guy
Here but we get a floater for later

yeah, that doesn't sound like much of a benefit to me eek sick
Posted By: bOaty

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:49 PM

No floating, no closing early, no fun.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 03:50 PM

I knew some smarta... would make a remark about that...
Posted By: JacksTigger

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:16 PM

Open all day today (normal hours) closed tomorrow

get a floater for later in year

Only treats are the cookies I bought, because I felt we needed something to make it through the day.

Very quiet here--got to work in half the normal time. I'm sure it will be even more of ghost town after noon.
Posted By: Sunshine Lady

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:17 PM

Lots of people out today but bank is open and will be closed Saturday. Lots of businesses closed today, but we are getting quite a few customers.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:27 PM

Here, no floater and no food.
Posted By: basilring

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:29 PM

here... and I think I hear the crickets chirping!
Posted By: Hobbes

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:31 PM

Way back when I was a teller, the busiest day I ever worked was a Friday, July 1. Payday, pension, and SS all hit on the same day. Everyone was coming to cash checks and make withdrawals. We had a cash shipment, but before it got there I was down to 50's, 1's and change in my drawer.

I don't miss working in the branches.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:31 PM

It looks like an overbooked nursing home residents' convention in our lobby all morning here. Thankfully, those customers have little to do with compliance. The candy dishes are taking a hit though.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 04:34 PM

Originally Posted By renniks
The branches actually have been very busy...

The liquor stores in your area apparently only accept cash. laugh
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 06:23 PM

Open today, closed tomorrow, floater to use after the 4th.

Lobby has been quite busy today. I accomplished purchasing snow baskets for my trekking poles...and that's about all.

I'm bored and I have no motivation. In fact, the lyrics to Longview by Green Day pretty much describe me to a tee today...except for the smelly part. I think....

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 06:56 PM

so its lost its fun?

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 07:03 PM

It didn't this morning smile
Posted By: trout22

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 07:06 PM

Just got a memo that there's an impromptu staff Independence Day party starting in about an hour! I wonder if that's to make sure no one tries to sneak out early...

No floating holiday and we're not open Saturdays so everyone was upset when the 4th fell on a Saturday this year. But the break in traffic was nice. I hope it stays that way for the commute home.
Posted By: Derwood

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By 'Lil Freak!
Lobby has been quite busy today. I accomplished purchasing snow baskets for my trekking poles...and that's about all.

Is there any snow up your way left to use them on or are you just optimistic that the PNW will get some this coming winter?

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By Derwood
Originally Posted By 'Lil Freak!

Is there any snow up your way left to use them on or are you just optimistic that the PNW will get some this coming winter?

Preparing for this winter smile

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 08:28 PM

I'm down a hallway in the back corner of the building, and the other people in this hall are off. I cannot hear any activity in the building. No voices, no phones, no toilets flushing. I think they all went home.
Posted By: QCL

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 08:42 PM

We were just told we were Un-American for being open, by someone that called to see if we were open.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By QCL
We were just told we were Un-American for being open, by someone that called to see if we were open.

If their house catches on fire would the firefighters be un-American if they show up to put it out? crazy

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 08:55 PM

The better be flying a flag from their truck when they arrive...

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 09:19 PM

Hello, yes, is your refrigerator running? smirk

I just ran around the office singing the Star Spangled Banner, passing out Bomb Pops and telling everyone they were "the bomb". I didn't think 32 was enough, they were in packs of 16 so I bought 48...

I have over half of them left, and only one person turned it down, normally there are 60+ in this location, so yeah, guess I should just sneak out now!

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 09:24 PM

The boss seems to think today would be a good day to tweak some policies, and keeps emailing me questions. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to set my beer down on the patio table to answer. It's almost 4:30. I think it's time to call it a week.

Re: July 3rd check in - 07/03/15 10:04 PM

The boss seems to think today would be a good day to tweak some policies, and keeps emailing me questions. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to set my beer down on the patio table to answer. It's almost 4:30. I think it's time to call it a week.

I think "Sorry, I had to get another beer" is a perfectly acceptable excuse for a delayed response.