Amazon....

Posted By: DD Regs

Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:02 PM

Stinks!!! mad

I had a part break on my mower. So I went to web to find a part. Found several on Amazon. And one showed "In Stock", so I thought, that's great! Maybe I can get it faster. It has a "track your order" tab, so I have been watching it. As of yesterday, it just read "In Process",

So I asked the seller, "If an item is in stock, why does it take 5 days to get it out of your shop and in the mail to me?", I received a response today, "Yes, we have your item in stock. Thank You" mad WTH is that suppose to mean...

So, then I checked the status, and now it says, "Order Picked" It takes 5 days to PICK an order, PLEASE!!!!!!

I placed the order 4/28 and now it is saying estimated delivery 5/9 mad
Posted By: Norman Paperman

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:07 PM

So, the seller on Amazon sucks...

I try my best to only make orders that are handled by Amazon directly, for this very reason.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:10 PM

^^^ This. I once ordered some plush toys for my kiddos bday. When they didn't arrive in a few days, I checked the shipping and they were on a SHIP from SINGAPORE! I had no idea they were coming from overseas and it would take a month to get them. Since then I only buy from Amazon directly.
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

I try my best to only make orders that are handled by Amazon directly, for this very reason.

This. If is doesn't say shipped by Amazon I won't order it.
Posted By: NorthSouth

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:23 PM

Guess DD Regs will have some mighty tall grass for awhile.

IMO Amazon and Amazon Prime provide the best shopping and shipping ever. I've ordered from private sellers on Amazon and never had a problem, you just have to be aware of their shipping policies and the time frame in which you need the product. Still though, just the other day I wasn't paying attention and ordered a porch flag from Amazon, checked out and paid, then realized the confirmation page said I would get it around June 16th. I immediately cancelled it and kept looking.
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:29 PM

I had a similar incident with a different website, so it's not just Amazon.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:32 PM

I realized I was starting to have a bit of an Amazon Prime addiction and had to cut back. The app on my phone is really dangerous. In the past few months I've bought combs, a garden hose, car washing supplies like soap and towels, golf balls, shoes, an ax sharpener, two pressure cookers, several books, wine, and my wife's power washer.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By RR Becca
Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

This. If is doesn't say shipped by Amazon I won't order it.

Ditto.

We have a distribution close by now... have ordered in the evening and have had it arrive the next morning already. Love Amazon.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:34 PM

My experience is that if it's not shipped by Amazon there is no point in ordering it through Amazon. I limit responses to "Prime" listings and, if what I want is not there, I look somewhere else.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:42 PM

Live and learn.

Will have to pay better attention.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:56 PM

Preach on Brother!

It's too easy. And the one-button purchase is toxic
Posted By: SeekingKnowledge

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 07:57 PM

For those that use Amazon regularly, check out camelcamelcamel.com. They track amazon prices for every item listed so you can always determine if you are buying low or may need to wait.

Regarding third party sellers, sometimes you have great service and can get a deal compared to the regular Amazon price. I just make sure to read the shipping info and only buy from dealers with a high rating. I mostly get books or board games this way but have gotten some odds and ends from third party sellers.

I agree with you MBH, Prime is definitely addicting and it is way to easy to make purchases on the app!
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
I realized I was starting to have a bit of an Amazon Prime addiction and had to cut back. The app on my phone is really dangerous. In the past few months I've bought combs, a garden hose, car washing supplies like soap and towels, golf balls, shoes, an ax sharpener, two pressure cookers, several books, wine, and my wife's power washer.

I have NO idea what you are talking about.... whistle
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 08:40 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I need some razor blades, tooth brushes, and deodorant. wink

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 08:46 PM

I just woke up on the floor of my office. I must have blacked out. My email says I just ordered two boxes or razor blades, a 50lb bag of dog-food, and a 60" 4k TV.
Posted By: Sunshine Lady

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 08:51 PM

I ordered an item on Tuesday the 3rd and had it on my desk the morning of Wednesday the 4th. I have always had good customer service with Amazon Prime. I accidentally ordered something in error and immediately cancelled it and all was good. One time I ordered and item twice and they told me to just keep the second one and only charged me for one.
Posted By: Audit Girl

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 09:31 PM

I love Prime. The only bad thing I've order was a crazy pair of dance shoes from China. I felt like one of the stepsisters in Cinderella trying to shove my foot into the glass sliper. Never again! However I'm a confirmed addict. Part of my recovery includes moving the 1 Click App off of my phone's homescreen.
Posted By: 'Lil Freak!

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By Ken_Pegasus
I limit responses to "Prime" listings and, if what I want is not there, I look somewhere else.

^^^^
This. Or I look at the estimated shipping time and decide accordingly. Recently ordered an elevated water bowl for the dogs. It was shipped from Ireland and took 4-5 weeks. I also read the reviews and was aware it would take a long time to be delivered. But for $9.95 the dogs could wait for their new water bowl. Now if it's for me it has to be Prime and two day delivery, otherwise I check elsewhere and sometimes it's cheaper than ordering from Amazon.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 10:08 PM

I look for the Prime 2-day shipping and then select the Slow Shipping method to get digital credit for e-books. smile (When I can. Sometimes I really do need it quickly.)
Posted By: homestar

Re: Amazon.... - 05/05/16 10:12 PM

Prime
Posted By: SociallyInept

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 01:10 PM

I woke up to 5 new Amazon charges on my credit card this morning. My first thought was oh no someone has hacked my account or stolen my credit card. I then remembered that today is the day my subscribe and save orders ship. blush

On another note. If anyone needs 1,000 rolls of toilet paper and/or paper towels I'm your guy. grin

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 01:30 PM

For all the regular Amazon users - don't forget to support your favorite charity by using Amazon Smile! (Yes, you can still get your Prime benefits, too.)

ETA: if you need a suggestion, check out Tiger Stripes. It's a sanctuary owned and run by friends of mine.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By E.E.G.B
I look for the Prime 2-day shipping and then select the Slow Shipping method to get digital credit for e-books. smile (When I can. Sometimes I really do need it quickly.)

Me too!

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By cheekEE
Originally Posted By E.E.G.B

Me too!

I didn't know about that. Guess I'm going to have to start waiting a few days for my boxes!
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 02:17 PM

all of this just serves to confirm my belief that buying local is the way to go, even if it costs a little more...

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 02:32 PM

Local doesn't cut it. When I need something and go to the local shop they say, "We don't carry that in store, but I can get it off the web for you", I say, no thanks, I can do that myself.
Posted By: TB 12

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 02:58 PM

If I need (or want) it quickly and it isn't Prime eligible, I take the risk of an unknown delivery schedule.
Posted By: Carolina Blue

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 07:33 PM

Friend of mine is a UPS delivery guy and he said Prime is killing him. Good job security though, or at least until they release the drones shocked

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 07:35 PM

There really is nothing better than coming home to an Amazon box at your door.
Posted By: Iowa Compliance Gal

Re: Amazon.... - 05/06/16 07:50 PM

I shop Amazon Smile all the time and they donate a percentage of certain purchases, I have my Church as the charity. I would say 80% of the time they have the better price, I find stuff there that I can't find locally. I agree cheekEE the smiley face Amazon box is the best to see at my house!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Amazon.... - 05/07/16 02:06 PM

Prime NOW is even better - delivery within 2 hours......
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 11:03 AM

Prime BEFORE - it's delivered six hours prior to ordering it
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 12:32 PM

Peepers - you're a hoot and a half.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 12:46 PM

Well, received notice today that my item shipped Friday crazy
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 04:54 PM

I need the Prime Before, sounds like a real time saver. ^_^

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 07:05 PM

Well, new notice, will arrive Wednesday. Clicked the tracking number, it is now in GA. Getting closer, it was in Florida this morning.

It is suppose to rain all week, so it won't matter anyway.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 07:14 PM

Ya won't them to drop it by me...and then I can bring it to you? Could be quicker that way! laugh!!

Re: Amazon.... - 05/09/16 07:16 PM

Hmmm, I have no doubt you could get it here quicker, even on the big orange tractor. laugh

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 02:31 PM

Good News....My package is "On Time" set to arrive tomorrow at 8 pm :0

Amazing!!!!

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 03:14 PM

I ordered 5 rugs. 2 will be here today. Not sure where the other 3 are! laugh!

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 06:40 PM

They at in GA with DD's order.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 06:56 PM

Yep...probably on the same truck! LOL!
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 07:01 PM

what in the halibut are you trying to say with this sentence?

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 07:08 PM

laugh The 2 missing rugs are in GA (it's a state) with DD Regs items that are still in the process of being mailed.

Get sassy again and I'll kick your bike over. laugh
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By Peepers

what in the halibut are you trying to say with this sentence?

I do not believe that she was trying to say anything. She was trying to type something but that is to be determined.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/10/16 07:19 PM

I'm waiting to see if things shipping from Japan will make it in time for a birthday party. I have identified a local back up option just in case, though.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/11/16 04:47 PM

As of 7:57 this morning it is in my town and on a UPS truck "In route for delivery today" YAY!!!!!
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: Amazon.... - 05/11/16 05:00 PM

::Patiently waiting outside DD Regs house for a package to show up. (Don't feel like waiting for my parts order to ship.)

Re: Amazon.... - 05/11/16 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By DD Regs
As of 7:57 this morning it is in my town and on a UPS truck "In route for delivery today" YAY!!!!!

My missing RUGS? shocked!!!

Re: Amazon.... - 05/11/16 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By Big Dog
::Patiently waiting outside DD Regs house for a package to show up. (Don't feel like waiting for my parts order to ship.)

My house is easy to find, just use google earth to find the overgrown patch in SE Ohio laugh
Posted By: Cape Codder

Re: Amazon.... - 05/12/16 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By RR Joker
I ordered 5 rugs. 2 will be here today. Not sure where the other 3 are! laugh!

Ask Aladdin. Maybe he's on a magic carpet ride?
Posted By: The Minion

Re: Amazon.... - 05/26/16 06:02 PM

How do you earn digital credit? I am an Amazon Prime-aholic. Since I have been laid up right after moving into Southern Belle territory, it was the only way I can be sure the correct brands were purchased. Hubby is awesome in so many ways, but there are a few he isn't. Shopping, other than food shopping, is way out of his league. Our new mail lady made a joke about how I receive anywhere from 1 to 6 boxes a day and her not having to deliver anywhere else since August. grin
Posted By: NorthSouth

Re: Amazon.... - 05/26/16 06:18 PM

You forgo the two day shipping. I believe it only increases the delivery time by a few days. Also being a Prime-aholic the two day shipping has spoiled me so typically I don't take advantage of the digital credits.

On a side note, I recently bought a Tap - a portable equivalent of Amazon's Echo. Love it.

Re: Amazon.... - 05/26/16 07:07 PM

Minion - has to be on products sold / shipped from Amazon (maybe some participating 3rd party sellers). In the click-a-bubble shipping options, where it asks if you want to get next day shipping, if relevant, it will have a "Slow Shipping - Earn a digital credit / Prime Pantry credit" option. Click that one. I use it at least half the time. I still get my stuff within a week. (Which reminds me, I have a $10 credit to try the 2-hour service. Hmmmmm.)
Posted By: The Minion

Re: Amazon.... - 05/26/16 07:34 PM

never paid attention to all the jumble. I see "free shipping" and everything else gets blurry. Alas, I have been missing out on digital credit. Thanks EEGB
Posted By: madukes

Re: Amazon.... - 05/26/16 08:24 PM

There was a joke on FB that I can relate to:

"If my wife was a Transformer her name would be Amazon Prime"

thinking of getting that printed on a t-shirt smile