Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid

Posted By: RVFlyboy

Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/28/16 10:49 PM

It's a real job. Pays $64,650/yr. Deadline to apply is 8/10/2016. Article here: http://mix1051.cbslocal.com/2016/07/27/t...ebook_MIX_105.1

Job application info here: https://americanhistory.si.edu/sites/def...uncement_16.pdf
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/28/16 11:09 PM

Quote:
The Smithsonian is doing research into American craft beer...

Translation: You better like IPAs. wink
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 09:41 AM

One of the brightest and the best (and, yes, most beautiful) of my daughter's friends became "A Budweiser Girl" fresh out of college. It lasted a couple years and her ending salary was just over $60K. Now, she's enrolled in the company's executive training program on a track that will lead to a senior management position.

Craft beers suck anyway.

Apply here.
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By Ken_Pegasus

Craft beers suck anyway.

Sacrilege!
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 12:54 PM

my son works for a Budweiser wholesaler/distributor, and one of his early jobs was driving around the Bud Girls to functions in the Bud-Light Hummer...mardi gras parades, bar opening, restaurant openings, concerts, pro and college football games tailgate parties... yes, they actually paid him to do this...
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 01:14 PM

This may be the most depressing thread ever. And here I sit with my decades of valuable experience and the only bright spot today is that the commercial dudes are out this morning. Translation: there will be no arguing about loan review reports. Not that I drink beer at all, but I still have this, "Where did I go wrong?" feeling.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 01:16 PM

calling Budweiser beer is a stretch
Posted By: Iowa Compliance Gal

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 01:25 PM

I agree Peepers! :-)
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 01:51 PM

"Budweiser hires attractive females over the age of 21 to promote the lifestyle and benefits of Budweiser beer."

I'm going to apply, and if they reject me because I'm a 60 year old male, I'm going to sue for age and gender discrimination.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 01:53 PM

Benefits of Budweiser beer:

1) none

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 02:43 PM

Budweiser, since being purchased by InBev, has a great number of delicious beers in their arsenal...while the only true Bud product I can drink is Michelob Amber Bock, InBev has Stella, Beck's, Bass, Hoegarden, Goose Island, and a number of others to the product line
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 02:53 PM

I haven't drank Budweiser since I've been old enough to drink legally but I don't have pleasant memories of it. I'm not sure when it happened, but I have become somewhat of a beer snob. If I'm going to drink beer, I want good beer - not Coors light. I really prefer stouts and porters, but a nice amber is good also. Of course if the beer is free, then I'm definitely less picky.
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 03:34 PM

I've haven't drank a Budweiser since, uh, last night. It's my yardwork/lawnmowing thirst quenching beer. Last night I was assembling new patio furniture outside and a cold frosty Bud was the perfect drink. If I want to sip a beer for flavor, it will be an IPA most likely. Tonight I have to cut the grass. That will be Bud time again.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 03:41 PM

I agree that they have a lot of others in the line up...Goose Island is yummy.

I'd happily travel and drink beer $64,000 a year! smile
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 05:04 PM

I have yet to sip an IPA that I could actually...well sip...much less drink. sick
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 05:21 PM

My usual suggestion is that they should run "the craft beer" back through the horse

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
I've haven't drank a Budweiser since, uh, last night. It's my yardwork/lawnmowing thirst quenching beer. Last night I was assembling new patio furniture outside and a cold frosty Bud was the perfect drink.

HELLO!!!!! St Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower should beer your yardwork/lawnmowing beer...have you not been paying attention to the bar for the past 5 years?

I'm so ashamed... cry
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 05:49 PM

At my age, I don't think I would do a good job being around young ladies. Although, I am pretty good at drinking beer. I have been practicing nearly 50 years!. Just not good around all those distractions.
Posted By: OldeTymeBanker

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 05:50 PM

This reminds of the time my son was in high school, and a few of his girlfriends would spend hours doing hair, makeup, etc. to look like various Disney princesses, and posting the pictures to social media. I asked him, "They do realize they cannot grow up to be Disney princesses, right?" But sure enough, directly out of high school one of them got a job on a Disney cruise ship playing those princesses. This is when I realized that apparently I suck at giving career advice. Now she lives in LA and gets paid to go to events such as children's birthday parties dressed up as said princesses.
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
I've haven't drank a Budweiser since, uh, last night. It's my yardwork/lawnmowing thirst quenching beer. Last night I was assembling new patio furniture outside and a cold frosty Bud was the perfect drink.

HELLO!!!!! St Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower should beer your yardwork/lawnmowing beer...have you not been paying attention to the bar for the past 5 years?

I'm so ashamed... cry

Sharing this with Mr Turtle tonight! MBH's post kinda scared me as that is EXACTLY what was going on in my backyard last night. After a few decades of marriage, I know that Bud (Bud heavy, as he calls it) and lawnmowing go together. I don't like beer or lawnmowing, so cannot opine.
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By RR Joker
I have yet to sip an IPA that I could actually...well sip...much less drink. sick

UGH...You should have been with me in Little Rock Wednesday night. They had some great craft beers and the IPA was my FAVORITE.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Travel, Drink Beer, and Get Paid - 07/29/16 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By Cornfed Turtle
This may be the most depressing thread ever. And here I sit with my decades of valuable experience and the only bright spot today is that the commercial dudes are out this morning. Translation: there will be no arguing about loan review reports. Not that I drink beer at all, but I still have this, "Where did I go wrong?" feeling.

I know what you mean. ::spins in chair::