The Noah's Ark bar is open

Posted By: HappyGilmore

The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 01:36 PM

based on the amount of rain we've had in the past 2 days and 2 more days coming for anyone in the deep south, all beers are 2 for 1 special...so float on in and enjoy a frosty beverage squared...
Posted By: Ski

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 01:57 PM

We had 1.1" Wednesday. Started raining this morning at 4:45 a.m. and we emptied the 5" rain gauge once already. It is filling up again.

(St. Martinville, La.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 02:06 PM

Two hundred miles to the west of y'all and we haven't had any rain in August and most of July. Push that stuff west! Keep the Dos on tap coming.

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 02:35 PM

and now running on generator...
Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 02:44 PM

We have had just normal rainfall amounts, but the humidity is so high that if you go outside and stand in one place for 10 minutes, you'll leave a puddle from the sweat.
Posted By: NorthSouth

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
We have had just normal rainfall amounts, but the humidity is so high that if you go outside and stand in one place for 10 minutes, you'll leave a puddle from the sweat.

Here too. I've never seen so many heat indexes of over 100 degrees as I have this summer and the trend continues. Is it fall yet?

Sorry about all your rain Happy, hope the generator holds out.
Posted By: Tabbetha, CRCM

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 02:58 PM

It's unbelievable here and there's no end in sight. The roads are flooded, people forget how to drive in the rain, and tempers are getting shorter and shorter.
Posted By: DoS

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 02:59 PM

a small town west of me got 13" of rain in 24 hours earlier this week ... I only got 3.6"
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 03:41 PM

I need fairly dry weather for the next week so the rivers won't be full when I get to them. js.

We got 2" in the gauge last night.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 03:50 PM

No worries folks. We'll take all your desert animals. No need to fill the ark with lizards and such. We're bone dry and blazing hot. I think it was 106 day before yesterday.

How about some Shiner Prickly Pear? Fruited beer without having to add fruit!
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 04:09 PM

using fresh picked tomato on toast for a sandwich. Anyone want one??

Cold Yuengling for me!!
Posted By: Sinatra Fan

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 04:13 PM

Throw some smoked gouda on that sandwich and I'm there.

Yuengling Black & Tan for me, please.
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By Big Dog
using fresh picked tomato on toast for a sandwich. Anyone want one??

Raising hand for the tomato sandwich!
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 05:10 PM

Some Bruchetta with that fresh tomato please! We didn't get any rain but we got over an inch of lightening night before last.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 06:05 PM

Prayers for all of those affected by the flooding. Our bank has been since we're in NOLA/Baton Rouge/Lafayette, etc.

Somewhat unrelated but interesting nonetheless:

https://arkencounter.com/
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 06:59 PM

We are in a 'drought'. Who'd have thought that a state surrounded by water could be in a drought? Today is ghastly. 94 with a dew point of 76. I want winter!!!!

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:01 PM

dang, that is crazy...$40 bucks to tour?
Posted By: NotDoneYet

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:02 PM

We have had only .17" this month so far with temps above 90 daily.The humidity is fierce. We hear the thunder, and see the lightning as it passes over us every evening to our neighbors to the south and east where it causes flash flooding.

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:03 PM

I'm willing to pay the $40 if they can explain why Noah didn't save the unicorn.

And dragons.
Posted By: Dlynn58

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:08 PM

google "The Unicorn Song"....it explains why Noah didn't save the Unicorn wink wink grin crazy
Posted By: Peach

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:10 PM

Gouda with apple slices and butter crackers over here.

I will have a glass of red wine please. choose your favorite I am not picky

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:10 PM

I can sing it without googling. Irish bar standard.
Posted By: DEL

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:41 PM

Wow, all this yummy fresh food over here! Let me pull up a chair! Is that a sweet cool breeze I feel? We're in the high 90s today, which is a real shock to our system up here.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 07:48 PM

DEL - hopefully it will cool down before we come up in two weeks for our vacation. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather.
Posted By: #ONENANA

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 09:12 PM

Left for work at 6:15 this morning and it was already 80 degrees. Heat indexes over 100 for the last two weeks. Miserable!! I'll take anything poured over a tall glass of ice please.
Posted By: luvs2trvl

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/12/16 10:03 PM

We're getting and are thankful for rain today --- and for the next few days. Dallas really needs it.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/15/16 01:28 PM

Happy - are you doing OK? I've seen stories about the horrible flooding.
Posted By: #ONENANA

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/15/16 09:05 PM

Louisiana is getting hammered. My cousin lost his truck and his house. He lives near Baton Rogue and his brother in law had to come rescue him by boat.
Posted By: Little Miss BSA

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/15/16 09:52 PM

Prayers for those affected by these heavy rains and flooding.... Hope we hear from Happy soon and that he and his loved ones have all gotten through this weather well....

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/15/16 09:53 PM

I have a cousin in California that want to petition Congress to build a water pipeline from Louisiana to Southern California. He's only half nuts.

I feel sorry for the folks in Lousiana. We've had 9 inches of rain in the last couple days, and we had a few roads flooded this morning, but nothing like down south. I can't imagine 2 feet of rain.

August here is supposed to be 98 degrees and no rain, and the ground splitting open because it's baked dry. Instead it's raining like April or May.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/15/16 11:42 PM

That's not too nutty of an idea, MBH. We're drying up and withering away here in So Cal.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/16/16 02:08 PM

That would be some project, building a pipeline across the country. Anything is possible, but would it make economic sense? Quite possibly with the dire need for water in CA, seemingly.
Posted By: RebekahL CRCM

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/16/16 02:57 PM

What am I missing in the So Cal dilemma? There is a great big ocean next door. Why aren't desalination plants being built to (literally) tap into that resource?
Posted By: edAudit

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/16/16 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By RebekahL CRCM
What am I missing in the So Cal dilemma? There is a great big ocean next door. Why aren't desalination plants being built to (literally) tap into that resource?

you may kill a fish.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 08/16/16 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By edAudit
Originally Posted By RebekahL CRCM

you may kill a fish.

hahaha! Of they may damage some sea weed.
Posted By: Norman Paperman

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 02:32 PM

It's was 60 degrees outside this morning, which means I'm dreaming of whitetail deer season.

Until it arrives, I'll just sit here on the curb with my LoneStar beer. There's more in the cooler in the bed of my truck.

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 03:24 PM

It's like Fall suddenly arrived. Cool, dry air, blue skies. It has been almost chilly the last couple mornings. We should have no rain all week.

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By Norman Paperman
I'll just sit here on the curb with my LoneStar beer.

This reminds me of the Big Bang Theory episode where the guys go to Texas to find Sheldon. Wolowitz asks Sheldon's mom for a Lone Star beer and she responds with something like "There is no alcohol in this house, stop talking like that, and take of that hat!" laugh

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 04:21 PM

Sitting here still a bit soaked from assisting in tree takedown and removal from the drive thru this am and anticipating fence repair when I get home...I'll take a 12 pack and a bag of limes, please and thank you! crazy

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 05:17 PM

Audit finding: Compliance officer taking unnecessary risk by assisting in tree from drive up. Proper process should include obtaining 3 bids for replacement of the entire drive up prior to the tree removal process because the removal process will be conducted by the lowest bidder and not a qualified tree removal service.

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 05:27 PM

I did a risk assessment prior to taking on this challenge and decided the risk to us of felling the tree was lower than the legal risk of customers pulling dangling tree out of the way of cars coming through.

Operation success. No light fixtures, walls or other encroachments were damaged in the process. smile

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 06:12 PM

2nd audit finding - fruiting beer, even in times of disaster, is a violation of proper beer drinking etiquette

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
2nd audit finding - fruiting beer, even in times of disaster, is a violation of proper beer drinking etiquette

Crime against nature?
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By HappyGilmore

Management chooses to accept the risk resulting from this violation in an effort to prevent greater risk of harm to other teammates.

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 07:09 PM

Managements acceptance of risk does not negate a high risk audit finding

Re: The Noah's Ark bar is open - 09/02/16 09:04 PM

It is recommended that management lower its risk appetite with respect to fruited beer.