This Is Us

Posted By: Blade Scrapper

This Is Us - 09/28/16 04:54 PM

Anybody watching. I'm really enjoying it.
Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM

Re: This Is Us - 09/28/16 05:15 PM

I watched the first episode and will try to watch the second one tonight.
Posted By: Dani York, CRCM

Re: This Is Us - 09/28/16 06:00 PM

I really like this show so far. Last night's ending shocked me. Looking forward to the next episode.
Posted By: Cyndi12, CRCM

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 01:01 PM

I agree. I really like this show too. Plan on watching the second one over the weekend.
Posted By: 80's Lady

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 02:27 PM

Definitely enjoying this show as well! The twists and the way they are woven in keeps the show very interesting. I really like the cast. Gerald McRaney is always a treat!
Posted By: Soccer

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 03:14 PM

Great show, last night's ending also surprised me. It is my new fav.

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 04:09 PM

Watched the second episode last night. I really like this show!
Posted By: KATL

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 06:54 PM

I started watching because the guy from Y&R was on turns out I really like it hope it stays on for awhile!
Posted By: madukes

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 07:59 PM

will have to watch it - quite a few people at work said it was good.

Really enjoying Speechless - pretty funny!
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: This Is Us - 09/29/16 09:18 PM

I saw me in This is Us!

Re: This Is Us - 10/19/16 08:06 PM

Anyone still watching?? I am really loving this new show!
Posted By: TB 12

Re: This Is Us - 10/19/16 08:30 PM

I am one episode behind but it is a very captivating show.

Re: This Is Us - 10/20/16 12:56 PM

Love it! Kevin is hard for me to figure out. He comes off as somewhat dimwitted and super needy as an adult. The scenes of his childhood so far would have led me to believe that he would have been the more independent one.

And I want to know what happens to Jack!

Re: This Is Us - 10/20/16 04:18 PM

I'm so into this show! My husband said that I'm way too invested. I told him to hush! laugh

I agree, Dani, and have thought the same thing about Kevin. I'm really liking every character that's on there.

I cracked up at the comment Toby made on this week's episode, "Baby arugula is just as bad as adult arugula"

Re: This Is Us - 10/20/16 05:12 PM

I was in tears over the T-shirt scene! I was really hoping he would tell her she didn't need it BEFORE going into the story and giving it to her.
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: This Is Us - 10/21/16 01:50 PM

Okay, you made me curious and I watched the first 10 minutes of the frist episode on the NBC website. I'm hooked and will binge the others this weekend.

With me, it's always the writing.
Posted By: Crazy in Compliance

Re: This Is Us - 10/21/16 08:06 PM

Love this new show!

Re: This Is Us - 10/23/16 12:37 AM

Binge completed. For others: If you do not watch the first episode, you will never figure out what's going on. (It's the most well crafted story I've ever seen on television.)

Writing is excellent and (what I regard as an ensemble) cast is perfect. Laughs & tears included at no extra charge.

Tuesdays at 9:00 PM (8 central)
Posted By: Sunshine Lady

Re: This Is Us - 10/24/16 06:10 PM

I binge watched also and agree with Ken. You have to watch the first episode and now I am hooked.
Posted By: Cowboys Fan

Re: This Is Us - 10/24/16 06:46 PM

I did the same thing yesterday. Was glad I read this thread first, especially Ken's advice. Great show!

Re: This Is Us - 10/26/16 04:12 PM

Jack! And that ending last night! frown frown

I loved Kevin's monologue at the end. I still can't figure him out, but I'm liking his character more each episode.
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: This Is Us - 10/26/16 05:33 PM

Drat! Another item on the "to do" list now. So, how many episodes have I missed?

Re: This Is Us - 10/26/16 06:12 PM

I think last night was episode 5.
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: This Is Us - 10/26/16 07:22 PM

Clearing some time on the calendar so I can get caught up!
Posted By: Moman

Re: This Is Us - 10/27/16 03:30 PM

If you have on-demand, be sure to watch the extra features with each episode - cast members sit around a table and discuss the character development.

Re: This Is Us - 10/27/16 03:57 PM

Such a good show! I cried during Kevin's monologue about death and when they put the hat on Jack's urn. My husband laughs at me for being too invested in the show!
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: This Is Us - 10/27/16 08:10 PM

I saw something that said if you didn't like "Parenthood" then you probably wouldn't like this either. Thus I have not as yet watched it as I really did not like Parenthood at all. Those who have - would you agree with that statement?

Re: This Is Us - 10/31/16 07:03 PM

I really wasn't a real big "Parenthood" fan but love this show.
Posted By: ecrew,CRCM

Re: This Is Us - 10/31/16 07:39 PM

Love this show, hubby won't watch we me though, so I sit with a glass of wine, watch the show and text one of my friends during the commercials because she's doing the same thing.

I couldn't place the actor playing Jack and then it hit me, he's Luke's nephew, Jesse, on Gilmore Girls!

Re: This Is Us - 11/01/16 01:54 PM

Did anyone happen to catch the ending of last week's show where Randal is in a bedroom packing up what appears to be his father's belongings? Does this mean that his father passed away?

Re: This Is Us - 11/01/16 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By Cyndi12
Does this mean that his father passed away?

No. It was a flash forward according to an interview with the creator.

Re: This Is Us - 11/01/16 07:06 PM

Good. I'm glad to hear it's a flash forward because I like the storyline and would hate to see it end so soon.

Re: This Is Us - 11/02/16 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By lcrew, CRCM
Love this show, hubby won't watch we me though, so I sit with a glass of wine, watch the show and text one of my friends during the commercials because she's doing the same thing.

I couldn't place the actor playing Jack and then it hit me, he's Luke's nephew, Jesse, on Gilmore Girls!

He also played Peter on Heroes
Posted By: justsayjulie

Re: This Is Us - 11/03/16 06:32 PM

Watched the first two episodes last night, and now planning how to catch up on the other ones over the weekend. The entire time I was watching, I knew I'd seen Kevin somewhere before -- thanks for pointing out he was on Y&R!
Posted By: MonicaMc

Re: This Is Us - 11/04/16 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By justsayjulie
Watched the first two episodes last night, and now planning how to catch up on the other ones over the weekend. The entire time I was watching, I knew I'd seen Kevin somewhere before -- thanks for pointing out he was on Y&R!

He was also on Passions back in the day!

Re: This Is Us - 11/04/16 02:04 PM

I wonder, is there any way they could show more commercials? I have no television "routine" at all (the last show I watched every week was West Wing), so maybe my perspective is off, but it seems like they are constantly interrupting the story line. The location of the "mute" button is now part of my digital memory.
Posted By: 80's Lady

Re: This Is Us - 11/04/16 02:12 PM

^^^^^This is why I set my DVR and watch it the next day, so I can fast forward through. I did watch one episode on the NBC app, but of course had to watch commercials on that to gain access to the content. There are definitely a lot a commercials.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: This Is Us - 11/04/16 03:04 PM

I have a 6th sense about how long commercials will last.....i'm a channel-flipper and am good at getting back in time to not miss anything. (Speaking generally here....i haven't seen the show ya'll are talking about.)

Re: This Is Us - 11/15/16 12:57 PM

USA Today article
Posted By: The Minion

Re: This Is Us - 11/28/16 09:00 PM

I just binge watched this show! This is my favorite show at the nothing in the and hope it stays. Too often I get invested and they cancel a show.

Re: This Is Us - 11/28/16 09:32 PM

The Thanksgiving episode was SO good! I finally had a chance to watch it on Friday afternoon. I cried, I laughed! I told my husband he has to watch it (then I can watch it again too!)

Re: This Is Us - 11/29/16 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By Busy Bee, CRCM
The Thanksgiving episode was SO good! I finally had a chance to watch it on Friday afternoon. I cried, I laughed! I told my husband he has to watch it (then I can watch it again too!)

Talk about awkward! Poor Kate had no idea what she walked into.
Posted By: fungrandma

Re: This Is Us - 11/30/16 10:09 PM

It is one of the best shows ever. I do struggle a little bit about with going between past and current.
Still totally worth watching. I did see that next week is the final episode for the season. Hopefully it comes back after the 1st of the year.
Posted By: TMatt87

Re: This Is Us - 11/30/16 10:32 PM

I don't see how it could be canceled. It has generated so much buzz. Seemingly only an actor contract dispute could derail the show at this point.
Posted By: Amandak

Re: This Is Us - 12/12/16 08:46 PM

So I finally got all caught up on the show this weekend. I cried so much on these last three episodes because I can relate to this so much. As an adoptive mother I can relate to the mother's feelings about not telling Randall that she knew his father, but also understand Randall's feelings of being lied to. If there is one thing that is stressed in adoption now in the 2000s vs. the 90s and earlier is openness because it helps the child know who they are and where they came from.

I can also 100% relate to Kate's struggle with weight loss. I had gastric bypass surgery in October 2015 it was the hardest and best decision I ever made. GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! I really hope they bring it back.

Re: This Is Us - 12/13/16 11:11 AM

Only one character is perfect, Randall's wife who loves and admires her dorky husband fiercely, so it remains somewhat credible. However, they are already starting to stretch for story lines [spoilers deleted].

Re: This Is Us - 12/13/16 02:06 PM

I agree. Too many side story shockers at once. They don't feel necessary and the pacing is far from natural.

As much as I love the Randall/William storyline, I don't think they've become so close yet that William would bring a friend for Christmas unannounced. And Randall's wife needs to be developed more as a character. Right now she is so one dimensional....and way too supportive of all the drama. I'd be kicking people "out my house" at this point.

Re: This Is Us - 02/16/17 10:25 PM

Wow, I think they got their groove back!

While I don't think Kevin's "exit" was credible, enjoying a play or movie requires the "willful suspension of disbelief." It was incredibly poignant.

Now, there's only one twin I can't stand. grin

Re: This Is Us - 02/17/17 05:22 PM

One twin and her future husband?

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 09:53 AM

Double wow...

There have to be a few million people who have no idea what the Peabody ducks are.

You Tube

Wikipedia

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 01:21 PM

I was one of the few million, thanks for the information.

What a great show. Last nights episode was so beautifully written. I truly enjoy Randall's character.
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 02:51 PM

I found out via LinkedIn that the casting associate for "This Is Us" went to my alma mater. I graduated wwwaaaaaayyyyyyy before him.

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 03:46 PM

Last night's episode had me full on blubbering, ugly crying, sobbing...... It was so very emotional for me! I have a crying headache today and my eyes feel like sandpaper!
Posted By: peony

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 04:27 PM

I got to where I can't watch it anymore. I cry too much. I just read the recap articles the morning after.

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 09:13 PM

Kevin is the blond guy? He was also Green Arrow on the Smallville. smile

Re: This Is Us - 02/22/17 09:18 PM

did you see the guy who plays Kate's husband in real life? Not fat! Wears a body suit for the show. That was a surprise! Kevin portrayed Green Arrow on Smallville years ago. I don't know what else he has been in. Last night's show was good. I watch from the dvr so I fast-forwarded through the really mushy part. Wasnt' going to get caught up again in a tearjerker scene like with Gerald McRaney's wife! I cried like a baby - reminded me too much of my dad after my mom died. frown

Re: This Is Us - 03/08/17 02:26 PM

Well, what did everyone think? I absolutely love Randall's character. I believe my prediction about Jack will be true frown
Posted By: BBoyd

Re: This Is Us - 03/08/17 09:01 PM

Haven't seen it yet! Hopefully tonight.

Re: This Is Us - 03/16/17 01:34 PM

I still like Randall. I still like Beth, his wife. I'm pretty sick and tired of the rest of them...

Oh yeah, "Sloane" the playwright, is the AT&T commercial girl. Who knew?
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: This Is Us - 03/16/17 02:02 PM

Read a couple of reviews of last night's show. One was really negative (found it disappointing). I was surprised at the episode, but I won't spoil it for those who haven't yet seen it by telling you why.

I still think it's a great series and really appreciate the fact that it engages me in pulling together the glimpses of the past to make better sense of the present. So much better than a one-hour formulaic crime drama like all of the Law & Order offerings (which I also faithfully watch).
Posted By: Christine81

Re: This Is Us - 03/16/17 07:42 PM

I really enjoy this show, but I have to say, I expected "more" for the season finale.
Posted By: Amandak

Re: This Is Us - 03/17/17 04:09 PM

The season finale was a let down.
Posted By: Sunshine Lady

Re: This Is Us - 03/17/17 04:50 PM

I watched it last night and it was a let down for me to. So much still unexplained. Maybe they are saving it for next season.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: This Is Us - 03/17/17 04:54 PM

It certainly wasn't the ending I expected, and it was the first episode where I didn't tear up, but I am kind of glad they did hot reveal how Jack passed yet. Knowing how and when Jack is gone will remove a whole element of the show I find intriguing and will just give it a whole different feel too early. If they are truly separating, that will provide an interesting storyline for next season. I'm left not fulfilled but curious.