Now that the election is over

Posted By: HappyGilmore

Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 11:43 AM

Hopefully Trump's first executive order will be the unfruiting of beer!
Posted By: Peepers

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 11:52 AM

WOOOOOO!!!!
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 12:01 PM

I am now patiently awaiting half of the Hollywood types (not a Californian thing) to leave the US as they have stated. And for Cher http://www.space.com/8541-6-private-companies-launch-humans-space.html
Posted By: Elwood P. Dowd

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 12:30 PM

Give them some time, CNN reports that the "How to Move to Canada" website crashed last night.
Posted By: TINKerBell

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 01:46 PM

I heard this morning that Canada closed it's borders...
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Hopefully Trump's first executive order will be the unfruiting of beer!

No..Fruit will be plentiful and America will be Great Again!

Speaking of. I harvested my very first Meyer Lemon off my tree a couple days ago. smile

I promptly squeezed some into a beer. smirk

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 02:04 PM

Quote:
I heard this morning that Canada closed it's borders...

Uh-huh, they're building a wall.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 02:07 PM

I hope we will not have to pay for it.
Posted By: cheekEE

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 02:13 PM

laugh

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 02:46 PM

Newfoundland and Nova Scotia are paying for it
Posted By: burkemi

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 02:49 PM

I'm just glad the campaign, mud-slinging, and election is over.
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:07 PM

smile
Posted By: Big Dog

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:08 PM

Happy the robo-calls are over more than anything.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:14 PM

It seems that the social media mud slinging is just reaching a fever pitch now. I really hoped we'd have some cooler heads this morning but I see I was very WWRROOOONNGG! wink

On a happy note Okies will be able to buy wine and high point beer in grocery stores and have alcohol shipped from out of state. If that isn't a win, I don't know what is! Let alcoholic freedom ring!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:26 PM

Yay for the Okies!
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:35 PM

Reds apple is good stuff, and enough if it makes any thing great again ^_-

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By CompliantOkie
It seems that the social media mud slinging is just reaching a fever pitch now. I really hoped we'd have some cooler heads this morning but I see I was very WWRROOOONNGG! wink

On a happy note Okies will be able to buy wine and high point beer in grocery stores and have alcohol shipped from out of state. If that isn't a win, I don't know what is! Let alcoholic freedom ring!

Really?? I want to send my family wine at Christmas but have not been able. Victory!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:40 PM

do you have drive thru liquor stores? now that would be a great victory

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By Peepers

do you have drive thru liquor stores? now that would be a great victory

I am pretty sure they did when I was a small child. I remember my mom going through the drive thru. That was back when I could sit with her at the bar. smirk

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 03:47 PM

We have drive thru beer caves but not liquor stores. Unfortunately we have to wait until Jan 2018 before it goes into effect but still I'm looking on the bright side.
Posted By: Portermi, CRCM

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:14 PM

Now we get to see the Facebook posts that read as follows..."I woke up this morning scared and alone, fearing what was going to come of things."

I have seen this post, in some form, on at least 5 walls.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By cheekEE
I am pretty sure they did when I was a small child. I remember my mom going through the drive thru. That was back when I could sit with her at the bar. smirk

::pictures cheekEE sipping a rum and coke through a silly straw:: laugh

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By Portermi
Now we get to see the Facebook posts that read as follows..."I woke up this morning scared and alone, fearing what was going to come of things."

You should express sympathy for these people and explain to them that they need professional help that only a long stay of 4 or 8 years in a psychiatric Facility can provide.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:31 PM

So is Angry Orchard...just sayin. smirk

Y'all didn't have beer and wine in your grocery stores? shocked!!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:33 PM

I have a drive-thru EVERYTHING down the road from me. smile they even sell limes. laugh!
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:40 PM

Students are so distraught they are calling for exams to be cancelled: http://heatst.com/culture-wars/yale-prof...lection-result/
Posted By: Jade'sFire

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:46 PM

Random Thought: Some Disney World employee just started constructing the Trump animatronic for the Hall of Presidents exhibit.
Posted By: Amandak

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Students are so distraught they are calling for exams to be cancelled: http://heatst.com/culture-wars/yale-prof...lection-result/

Example 105 as to why this generation feels entitled. Just because your candidate did not win is not a reason to get out of work or an exam.
Posted By: Amandak

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:51 PM

On a side note... do you think the crashing of the Canadian immigration site was because of the election or did some cybercriminals take advantage of the timing and are actually hacking? Just a thought.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:55 PM

no one really knows what it's aboot, eh
Posted By: RR Becca

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By Amandak
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy

Example 105 as to why this generation feels entitled. Just because your candidate did not win is not a reason to get out of work or an exam.

My husband overheard a college-aged employee at little Caesar's Pizza yesterday informing his manager that he shouldn't have to work more than 3 days in a row because he is "too young to handle that kind of intense schedule." The kid was wearing a Hillary t-shirt at the time. laugh

Now that it's all over I'll just be glad for relief from all the commercials!
Posted By: Cornfed Turtle

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 04:58 PM

My husband is giving an exam today. (Not at Yale......) will have to check in with him.

Luckily we have drive-thru liquor.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By RR Joker
So is Angry Orchard...just sayin. smirk

Y'all didn't have beer and wine in your grocery stores? shocked!!

We don't have wine and beer in our grocery stores either. Well, you can get what we call 3/2 beer in stores but it is the weak stuff and gives you a headache. wink

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 05:14 PM

no one really knows what it's aboot, eh

A bunch of hosers crashed the site, eh!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 05:15 PM

Nope. No wine or high point beer in the grocery stores. No cold high point beer anywhere. Liquor stores couldn't sell mixers or cork screws. I'm telling you it's like we've entered the 20th only 117 years too late!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 05:18 PM

Liquor stores couldn't sell cork screws.

Come on now you expect me to believe that?

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 05:26 PM

I got carded for a corkscrew in Norfolk, NE last year. Also, had to wait for someone 21+ to sell it to me.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 06:01 PM

Another reason to buy wine with a screw cap! Or just buy bourbon...
Posted By: Peach

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 07:50 PM

Why would you need a cork screw??? My box of wine opens with just a gentle push. A cork screw would puncture the bag and spill all that wine. It's a weapon too....shame.. No wine/liquor in grocery stores here either.
Posted By: basilring

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 08:09 PM

I lived in a suburb of the Twin Cities in Minnesota for about 9 years - and you couldn't buy alcohol on Sundays. This was silly, because everyone just drove over the border to Wisconsin to buy. Those WI business sure made a killing, I'm sure - and probably thanked MN for being so silly.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 08:10 PM

I should have come here for advice first! My husband put corkscrews in each of our vehicles. That was a fun speeding stop when I had to move the corkscrew to get to my insurance card. Trooper smiled.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By GuitarDude
Another reason to buy wine with a screw cap! Or just buy bourbon...

Ding Ding Ding

I found out that I am allergic to grapes so I don't have try and like wine anymore. Woot

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 10:05 PM

License to go straight to the good stuff,,,, go you! I love Brandy and I drink it that way too. Hence the wine, know thyself.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 10:09 PM

OMG yes - ALLLLLLLLLL of my cousins & extended family living in California have posted this exact thing. Only the CA ones, oddly enough.
Posted By: MScarn6942

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/09/16 10:32 PM

I've seen this all day today and it shocks me. Just because Trump was elected, does that mean that we all have to start being "mean" to our neighbors? I'm not a fan of his (or hers), and I still plan on being respectful and friendly to anyone I come in contact with. Change to be loving to one another does not come from the White House.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 11:32 AM

What are they protesting? Democracy?

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 01:25 PM

I really don't get why so many people are acting like he's going to show up on their doorsteps and demand that they turn themselves into clones of his personality. Unbunch the knickers, folks, and move along with your day just like you did on Monday. For real. crazy

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 01:32 PM

They are spoiled brats that can not accept the fact that their candidate lost for very good reasons. The are also brainwashed (only a few grams of water need) by the media and political hacks.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 01:58 PM

Agree.....except for the fact that i know tons of people who would have done the exact same thing had Hillary won.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:01 PM

True. Knicker-bunching does seem to be on a hair trigger in this country lately.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:09 PM

laugh @ knicker-bunching

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:12 PM

Ed....everyone who doesn't like Donald isn't "brainwashed by the media and political hacks". Plenty of self-thinkers don't like Hillary or Donald.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:23 PM

Many don't like either but the process like it or not is called democracy. Protesting the winner is a protest of democracy itself. Some of these protestors are calling for the installation of the loosing candidate.

IMO there was little to like in either candidate. they had the right to vote their choice and there was one winner (yeah that is a good term for it) they should just deal with it.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:25 PM

Donald basically protested the election before it happened...then it worked out to his satisfaction and he was magnanimous. So yeah, we're a country of sore losers....that's old news.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:37 PM

"Over?"

Just beginning, folks. The media has been embarrassed and they will hate him all the more for it. There will be no honeymoon...

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:44 PM

Bunched knickers for everyone!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:45 PM

Bunched knickers sounds like a shot full of 18 different kinds of alcohol and topped with whipped cream.
Posted By: Cyndi12, CRCM

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:47 PM

My favorite part of this whole election is losing a 30-year friendship because I didn't vote the way this now ex-friend thought I should. Oh well, their loss. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:51 PM

Bunched knickers sounds like a shot full of 18 different kinds of alcohol and topped with whipped cream.

Post of the day! Any adventurous bartenders out here who can make that happen?
Posted By: Soccer

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:56 PM

Cyndi12, all I can say is wow!
This country has a serious lack of ability to cope. When things do not go the way we planned, it becomes an all out cry fest. I personally thought they both s*cked and am happy to say I was able to cast all of my votes without either of the big 2 parties. Time to pull up the grown up panties and try to make the best of it.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 02:59 PM

I think we're going to have to try out many, many different combinations before we can perfect the Bunched Knickers. I'll volunteer to be a crash test dummy. grin

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:02 PM

we have an employee that put in their notice yesterday because someone else in their department voted Trump...she "can't work with someone like that"

couldn't believe when I heard that...crazy
Posted By: Norman Paperman

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By raitchjay
Agree.....except for the fact that i know tons of people who would have done the exact same thing had Hillary won.

People took to the streets in protest when Obama won, twice..?
Posted By: DoS

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:10 PM

a co-worker told me that his wife cried all day at work because of the election results ... I just don't understand. It's not like trump now has to move into your guestroom. I didn't vote for either of the two evils and couldn't be happier with my decision.

The posts i was responding to focused on this.....and yes, for the last 8 years i've heard this refrain.

Ha! But to be truly unique, the bartender will personally offend you prior to handing you your shot.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By Norman Paperman

Ha! But to be truly unique, the bartender will personally offend you prior to handing you your shot.

Then I volunteer as bartender. To get a head start... that pink hat looks ridiculous with your hairy chest Norm.
:hands Norm a pink shot to match his dress:

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:24 PM

In an effort to combine redneckery and pretension, I propose a combination of apple jack moonshine and caramel vodka. With whipped cream on top, of course.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:26 PM

"redneckery and pretension, I propose a combination of apple jack moonshine and caramel vodka"

"a shot full of 18 different kinds of alcohol"

is that the new redneck math? (checks common core)
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:26 PM

I didn't vote for either of the two evils and couldn't be happier with my decision.

^^^^This
Posted By: Cyndi12, CRCM

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:28 PM

HappyGilmore - I can't believe someone actually gave notice because they didn't agree with the results.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:34 PM

political correctness offends me

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:37 PM

political correctness or a salad?

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:38 PM

it wasn't meant as an all inclusive list................but both

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By edAudit
"redneckery and pretension, I propose a combination of apple jack moonshine and caramel vodka"

"a shot full of 18 different kinds of alcohol"

is that the new redneck math? (checks common core)

That would, indeed, be the common core result. I think. Or maybe it would be purple...

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:43 PM

2016 Presidential Shot.

Goldschlager(sp?) and Hot Sauce.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:45 PM

Bob Barker uses hot sauce as eye drops
Posted By: swiggles

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:47 PM

I posted on Facebook, that I have figured it out.

The polls were rigged. grin

Seriously, though, if Trump is successful in repealing Dodd Frank, are we going to have to unravel everything connected to it that we now have in place???? shocked cry
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 03:50 PM

And sprinkles!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 04:04 PM

Perfect! We need to construct a salad called political correctness to go with our new shot.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 04:07 PM

A bed of greens and seasonal chopped vegetables, all locally sourced and organically grown, raised by small family farmers whose children sang to the greens as they sprouted, topped with a sliced Twinkie so that it is balanced with a touch of gross consumerism and chemical enhancement.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By cheekEE

Perfect! We need to construct a salad called political correctness to go with our new shot.

Such a salad could also be served with a glass of whine. smirk

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 04:32 PM

YUCK! You just ruined that imagery for me...totally. You are not my friend..I'm going to resign...right this minute...just because you work in the same town as I do. shocked!
Posted By: DEL

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 04:43 PM

If you're still looking for volunteers to taste test the bunched knickers drink, I'm available! Whatever color it turns out to be.....

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By RR Becca
A bed of greens and seasonal chopped vegetables, all locally sourced and organically grown, raised by small family farmers whose children sang to the greens as they sprouted, topped with a sliced Twinkie so that it is balanced with a touch of gross consumerism and chemical enhancement.

::claps wildly:: BRILLIANT!
Posted By: Bacon Boy

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By E.E.G.B

And sprinkles!

Sprinkles are for winners.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 06:53 PM

Quote:
HappyGilmore - I can't believe someone actually gave notice because they didn't agree with the results.

the didn't give notice because they weren't happy with the results. they gave notice because their coworker voted for DT and they can't work in an environment like that...

there are a ton of people I'm thinking of telling I voted for DT, so I can see if they quit too!
Posted By: Dani York, CRCM

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 06:55 PM

DT voters=hostile work environment?

That's a new one! laugh
Posted By: YosemiteSamIAm

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By Bacon Boy

And sprinkles!

There can be no WINNERS! Top it with a mound of shredded "I Participated" certificates!

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 07:36 PM

So, will Trump use Marine 1 or will they have to build an extra pad on the lawn for Trump1?

Maybe they level that vegetable garden and put it there.
Posted By: Patricia

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 07:38 PM

I am with Garrison Keiller --- going to plant a garden and smell the roses for the next 4 years.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By YosemiteSamIAm
Originally Posted By Bacon Boy

And sprinkles!

There can be no WINNERS! Top it with a mound of shredded "I Participated" certificates!

We can add "I Participated" mashed potatoes to the new menu.

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 08:40 PM

they will be served in a bongo
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/10/16 09:33 PM

they will be served in a bong

FTFY based on all of the new laws around the country.
Posted By: madukes

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/14/16 08:59 PM

We can finally buy beer at WaWas and 7-11s and beer and wine at supermarkets. (I would celebrate but I don't drink beer or wine) smile

Re: Now that the election is over - 11/16/16 09:05 PM

Those darn voters keep voting it down here. It would be so nice to be able to pick the right chips to go with my beer instead
of having to change parking lots.