Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA

Posted By: MyBrainHurts

Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA - 02/15/18 02:21 PM

This article appeared in the St. Louis paper, but I'm sure it will be seen all over. Eight banks highlighted for lack of minority lending. I feel badly for FNB Staunton. I worked until recently in an overlapping market area with them. Most of their branches are in rural areas. They are criticized for not moving into St. Clair County. I can tell you from experience St. Clair is way overbanked already, and is not the rural market they are used to.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/l...73a7867273.html
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA - 02/15/18 03:09 PM

ouch!
Posted By: Third Trip

Re: Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA - 02/15/18 04:23 PM

MBH, I totally understand what you are saying. I am familiar with the market area of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Greene County. Greene County is in the far deep southwest corner of PA, bordered on two sides by West Virginia, and is very rural. It is far enough away from Allegheny county to not bear any real resemblance, and Allegheny county is also largely overbanked, being headquarters to a fair number of community banks, several larger regionals, and a little bank called PNC.
Posted By: MB Guy

Re: Ouch- Press singles out 8 lenders on ECOA - 02/15/18 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By Third Trip
MBH, I totally understand what you are saying. I am familiar with the market area of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Greene County. Greene County is in the far deep southwest corner of PA, bordered on two sides by West Virginia, and is very rural. It is far enough away from Allegheny county to not bear any real resemblance, and Allegheny county is also largely overbanked, being headquarters to a fair number of community banks, several larger regionals, and a little bank called PNC.

You must be from my old stomping ground Third Trip...