Super Bowl

Posted By: TB 12

Super Bowl - 01/22/19 06:26 PM

Will the GOAT win number 6, or will the Rams get revenge for the loss in 2002 that started the Patriots juggernaut?
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Super Bowl - 01/22/19 06:47 PM

GO GOAT!
Posted By: TMatt87

Re: Super Bowl - 01/22/19 06:54 PM

I'm pretty apathetic about this one, although I'll always pick against the Patriots just to be a contrarian.

This might be recency bias, but it seems to me that the officiating has been more dreadful than usual this year. That missed PI call in the NFC game was a joke.

Re: Super Bowl - 01/22/19 06:59 PM

It blows my mind no flag was thrown. You could have called either PI or Helmet to Helmet. Unbelievable.
Posted By: lynnway2

Re: Super Bowl - 01/22/19 08:38 PM

Patriots of course.

2 possible penalties in the NFC game, and neither was called. Awful.

I just read that Suh plays for the Rams. I don't trust him at all. If he gets anywhere Brady, he's going to try something dirty.
I can't believe his still in the league. But then again, this the NFL. So yes I can.
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: Super Bowl - 01/22/19 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By TB 12
It blows my mind no flag was thrown. You could have called either PI or Helmet to Helmet. Unbelievable.

you also neglected to mention faceguarding, so there were 3 opportunities for penalty on that one play. i will not be watching the superbowl

Re: Super Bowl - 01/23/19 01:36 PM

Good point. 3 options and they missed them all. Terrible.

Are you part of the group of Saints fans suing the NFL?

Re: Super Bowl - 01/23/19 02:56 PM

of course not, I live in the real world. that is simply a publicity stunt by a couple of lawyers to get free press, has zero chance of success, and a waste of time. and, if for some reason some court is dumb enough to actually not throw it out, the NFL likely will come after the plaintiffs for their legal fees. who wants to be on the hook for that? not me.
Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By TB 12
Will the GOAT win number 6, or will the Rams get revenge for the loss in 2002 that started the Patriots juggernaut?

It can be (and has been) debated whether #12 is a goat. It cannot be debated that rams are goats.

Logic prevails, and so will the usurpers of the NFC.

And Go Saints(' lawyers)!!!
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 07:03 PM

TB 12, did you get the NFL's written permission to use the name "Super Bowl" for your thread title? smirk

<--- Is tired of seeing/hearing commercials referring to the "big game"

Does anyone know if there are any TVs on sale right now? crazy
Posted By: edAudit

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 07:08 PM

Where are the Saint lawyers; I want to sue the commericals. The game is the same size as all the other games it is not bigger.

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By edAudit
Where are the Saint lawyers; I want to sue the commericals. The game is the same size as all the other games it is not bigger.

i wish they would sue them because yet another mediocre musical act is planned...you know who would be awesome for halftime? Al Yankovich, that's who...and teaming up with Weezer...that may make me at least interested in the 1/2-time show...

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By GuitarDude
TB 12, did you get the NFL's written permission to use the name "Super Bowl" for your thread title? smirk

<--- Is tired of seeing/hearing commercials referring to the "big game"

Does anyone know if there are any TVs on sale right now? crazy

eek

Waits for the NFL to hire Ted Wells to investigate my trademark infringement.

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 09:25 PM

I hope you will not be too deflated if he does not call laugh

Re: Super Bowl - 01/24/19 09:51 PM

I would need to gauge the pressure put on me to stop using the word.
Posted By: Bobby Boucher

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 03:25 PM

You can't argue with science.

Scientific proof that the Patriots are a bunch of cheating cheaters

Ironically, the Saints got cheated before getting the chance to play the cheaters. Hmmmmm, maybe some more research is needed to determine how the Cheatriots were involved in that no call...
Posted By: Wolfy

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 05:11 PM

Is any one putting money on if Suh stomps on Toms arm or face during the game? The amazing thing is the Rams have really controlled his bad behavior this year but I the Super Bowl with all this attention I can't see the old Suh not coming out to "play"

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By Bobby Boucher

Ironically, the Saints got cheated before getting the chance to play the cheaters. Hmmmmm, maybe some more research is needed to determine how the Cheatriots were involved in that no call...

I am glad we can finally put this to rest as now there is proof
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 05:54 PM

<-----wishes there was a way to block threads completely like there is newsfeeds on FB....haters gonna hate....we're used to it, comical at this point.

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By Bobby Boucher

I am glad we can finally put this to rest as now there is proof

Ed, you must be proud of your son.

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 06:09 PM

I had nothing to do with this post and have never been to Lexington, Kentucky

The kid did win the science fair

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By P*Q
<-----wishes there was a way to block threads completely like there is newsfeeds on FB....haters gonna hate....we're used to it, comical at this point.

science denier!
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Super Bowl - 01/25/19 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Originally Posted By P*Q

science denier!
Unfriend!!! Oh wait, that's FB. laugh

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 12:18 PM

smile

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 02:31 PM

i heard the only thing more boring than the game was the patriots fans going on and on about how great they are... eek
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 02:58 PM

Sounded like Aretha did an outstanding job and so did the Thunderbirds....kinda wish I'd watched that one part!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By RR Joker
Sounded like Aretha did an outstanding job and so did the Thunderbirds....kinda wish I'd watched that one part!

so did Aretha, considering that she has been dead for about 4 months now.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 03:46 PM

Gladys really belted it out. Awesome job.
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 07:07 PM

i heard the only thing more boring than the game was the patriots fans going on and on about how great they are... eek
Funny how I didn't see any Patriots fans come on here and go on and on about anything. I know I personally haven't gloated anywhere in any social media or personal encounters. Where was all these fans at that were going on and on?

And by the way, were you at the Saints parade yesterday? Thought that was a really cool thing to happen.
Posted By: MScarn6942

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 07:22 PM

Nobody is talking about Hekker setting a record for longest punt, and I'm kind of upset by that!

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 07:51 PM

I did read in the media that Edleman was not deserving of the MVP. Who was better in that game?
Posted By: MScarn6942

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:15 PM

That's the problem... nobody really was. I guess you could argue the Pat's RB Sony Michel deserved it (94 rush, 1 TD), but Edelman went for 141 yards so I guess you gotta give it to him... Nobody played well though. It was a miserable game. Honestly, if Hekker had played better he could've been in the argument.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:20 PM

How many Super Bowl WINS is that now for the Pats?

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:21 PM

5 or 6.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:24 PM

Was sort of wondering if they were ahead of the Steelers now....i believe the Steelers have 5.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By RVFlyboy
Funny how I didn't see any Patriots fans come on here and go on and on about anything. I know I personally haven't gloated anywhere in any social media or personal encounters. Where was all these fans at that were going on and on?

And by the way, were you at the Saints parade yesterday? Thought that was a really cool thing to happen.

you may have a different social media feed than me, as i am seeing plenty...

had other plans so did not make any of the roving street parties held in NOLA, but yes, we know how to throw a party...any excuse to have a parade, and we're all over it
Posted By: rainman

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By MScarn6942, CRVPM
Honestly, if Hekker had played better he could've been in the argument.

Isnt that true of all players on both teams except Edelman?

Ha ha
Posted By: praBSA

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:54 PM

Plain snooze fest last night. At least the Bud Knight is dead and Game of Thrones is 2 short months away. smile

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 08:57 PM

Glad i missed it then...i intended to do my normal thing--tune in for last 4-5 minutes of it...but i missed even that. I tuned in with 4 seconds left.
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By RR Joker
Sounded like Gladys did an outstanding job and so did the Thunderbirds....kinda wish I'd watched that one part!

so did Aretha, considering that she has been dead for about 4 months now.

OOps..yeah...blonde moment. laugh!
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Super Bowl - 02/04/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By raitchjay
Was sort of wondering if they were ahead of the Steelers now....i believe the Steelers have 5.
Nope, the Steelers and the Pats both have 6 Superbowl wins now.
Posted By: Rocky P

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 01:09 PM

6 teams have won 57% of all superbowls. (30 of 53)

6 wins - Patriots and Steelers
5 wins - 49ers & Cowboys
4 wins - Packers & Giants

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By thomasj

Thanks...i think i forgot that Cowher won one.
Posted By: thomasj

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By thomasj

Thanks...i think i forgot that Cowher won one.

Depending who you talk to (especially where I'm from), they may tell you that Cowher actually won two Super Bowls. One as Head Coach and one two years after he retired with a team/coaching staff that he built but with Mike Tomlin as head coach. The more I've seen Tomlin coach, the more inclined I am to believe this.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 03:20 PM

I can vividly remember the 4 Super Bowls that Chuck Noll won...i was a big Steelers fan as a kid. The other two...well...i vaguely remember one of them....i think.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By Rocky P

5 wins - 49ers & Cowboys

Packers 4, plus the 9 league championships before the formally recognized 'super bowl'. I believe the Pats still need a few more wins to capture this record.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By #Just Jay

5 wins - 49ers & Cowboys

Packers 4, plus the 9 league championships before the formally recognized 'super bowl'. I believe the Pats still need a few more wins to capture this record.
oh JJ, you are so silly...don't you know we don't include anything of statistical merit or value unless it helps the cause of the Patriots? Kind of like how Oklahoma still thinks they are the greatest football team ever in NCAA ranks... grin

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 04:35 PM

5 wins - 49ers & Cowboys

oh JJ, you are so silly...don't you know we don't include anything of statistical merit or value unless it helps the cause of the Patriots? Kind of like how Oklahoma still thinks they are the greatest football team ever in NCAA ranks... grin

Or how Happy thinks bicycling is a sport. grin

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By Happy
Kind of like how Oklahoma still thinks they are the greatest football team ever in NCAA ranks..

To be fair, OU holds a record that no one else has come close to. (47 consecutive wins)

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 06:47 PM

oh RJ - i don't think that. I know it! grin

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 06:56 PM

Well, for the record: i think Alabama is the greatest college football program of all time. I just think OU is miles ahead of the LSU's of the world. grin

Re: Super Bowl - 02/05/19 09:46 PM

a whole lot of teams ahead of LSU right now...

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/19 02:39 PM

Not the most exciting SuperBowl, but a W is a W. The D was fantastic.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: Super Bowl - 02/06/19 08:14 PM

"The Office" Enough said.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/19 01:27 PM

I did read in the media that Edleman was not deserving of the MVP. Who was better in that game?
I could have supported either Stephon Gilmore or Dont'a Hightower for MVP, but I'm also OK with Edelman as the choice. The Patriots defense played a terrific game. Over the entirety of the post-season, my MVP vote would go to the Patriots offensive line.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/07/19 01:31 PM

5 wins - 49ers & Cowboys

We're working on it. Just need Belichick and Brady to stay around for a few more years.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/21 02:36 PM

Brady is still around... in Tampa. laugh

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/21 02:38 PM

When is it?

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/21 05:40 PM

Defense wins championships. Who knew?

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/21 05:41 PM

Were there any good commercials? I had the came on mute most of the time.

Re: Super Bowl - 02/08/21 06:00 PM

Not many, but I laughed out loud at the M&M's commercial with people handing out M&Ms to other people to say they're sorry. My favorites:

* Guy comes out of the confessional booth, opens the door to the priest, hands in the M&M's and says "sorry you had to hear all that."

* Woman hands M&M's to another woman and says "Sorry for calling you Karen." Other woman: "But my name is Karen." First woman hands her another bag of M&Ms "Sorry your name is Karen."