NCAA Tourney

Posted By: CEB

NCAA Tourney - 03/11/04 08:09 PM

How about the Muskies blowing out St. Joe --- tonight Cincinnati beats Louisville-
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/11/04 08:57 PM

Well, technically that's the A-10 Conference Tourney, not the NCAA. The Big Dance doesn't start until next week. Will this loss cost St. Joe's a #1 seed? I think it will, especially if Kentucky goes deep into the SEC Tourney.
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 12:15 AM

Well, ideally that won't happen. Kentucky has to play UGA next, and since we are 2-0 against them this season, I like our chances.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 04:06 PM

OK Dawg, I would love to see your Georgia team put
Kentucky down, but I just don't think amyone can
beat Kentucky three times in one year. Prove me wrong.
I think St. Joseph had a reality check, of course the defeat might have come at a perfect time and inspire them. But when your outrebounded something like 48-21, that spells a serious weakness. The championship is up for grabs methinks, but if you want to hang in there awhile, just ride
on Duke's coattails IMHO. ........Remember, Old basketball players don't die, .......they just dribble away!
Posted By: PapaChief

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 04:28 PM

above mine
Posted By: RGS

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 05:51 PM

Quote:

Well, ideally that won't happen. Kentucky has to play UGA next, and since we are 2-0 against them this season, I like our chances.

One look at my avatar should tip off where I stand on this issue and we'll know in about 2 1/2 hours. Bottom line: I'll be SHOCKED if we lose to UGA today, but Felton is undefeated in his career against UK.

I don't know if UK can pick up a 1 seed though. I think they would have to win the SEC Tournament (doable) and do so by either a) winning by 10 points over Mississippi State or b) Mississippi State losing today - (thus taking them out of contention for a 1 seed).

I hate to admit this so near to a Magic post, but I'm happy with a 2 seed for the 'Cats, but I just hope that we're in a different region than dUKe.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 06:03 PM

Well, PC, there you go. Felton is undefeated in his career against UK. In 1979 the Tennessee Volunteers did it. Of course, the current UK team probably wasn't even born then, so that stat matters very little. UGA has had a very up and down season. Two victories over UK one over Florida, and one over Georgia Tech, but losses to powerhouses like Winthrop. I know we can beat UK, but UK is a very good team, has some respect to play for (a third loss to UGA would be embarrassing for a team like UK), and wants the best position possible in the NCAA torney. On the other hand, UGA also wants that third victory over UK, is playing to get a spot in the tourney in the first place, and has a coach with a great track record against UK. It will be a great game.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 06:57 PM

Rusty, being a certificate carrying Kentucky Col. my bet is on KY. Go Blue!!!!!!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 08:13 PM

Well, looks like another late UGA collapse. I guess we are headed for the NIT.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 08:18 PM

Sorry Dawg - Don't let it ruin your weekend - maybe GTech can beat UNC-

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 08:26 PM

Quote:

Sorry Dawg - Don't let it ruin your weekend - maybe GTech can beat UNC-

Oh, my misguided friend, I would never concieve of cheering for those stupid bees . Seriously, though, I will be pulling for UNC in that matchup. I live in Northeast SC, and Raymond Felton (for UNC) is from this area. As far as the SEC tourney goes, now I throw my allegiance to the Gamecocks, but only for the rest of the season, as it is unlikely that USC and UGA will meet again this season on the hardwood.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 08:40 PM

UGA played a good game Dawg, I think they played their way into the NCAA. My 'Cats scared me - one 9 minute stretch in the 1st half with 9 points and one 10 minute stretch in the 2nd half with 10 points...

CEB .... glad to know there are some 'Cat fans in California Are you from Kentucky or was the Colonel designation from a friend?
Posted By: Pup

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 08:40 PM

Quote:

It could be worse....you could be an OU fan.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 09:03 PM

Quote:

UGA played a good game Dawg, I think they played their way into the NCAA. My 'Cats scared me - one 9 minute stretch in the 1st half with 9 points and one 10 minute stretch in the 2nd half with 10 points...

Thanks for the graciousness, RGS. I really think our seniors and Felton carried the team this year. Hopefully, they can get some good recruits in there and become competitve in basketball, just like they have in football. In the end analysis, I think UGA is building a good foundation with the coaches in the big money sports (Richt being the football coach). By all accounts, Felton is light years better than Harrick. Right now I am tracking the USC/LSU game and USC is getting their pants beat off. It looks like they are struggling here down the stretch.

By the way, RGS, do you really think the Dawgs will make the NCAA? From what I read, they needed to beat Allbarn and UK to get in.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 10:52 PM

I really think that UGA is NCAA worthy. I agree that a win against UK would have sealed the deal, but they played a tough game. Throw in their wins against UK earlier in the year and wins against Georgia Tech and Florida, I think they have some quality wins and should make it. I also think that Vandy is in unless they lose to MSU by 20.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/12/04 11:08 PM

RGS - Looked close (was close) but I'm glad the Cats prevailed. I am transplanted from Louisville and was very active with the Chamber of Comm there. I've been a Col for over 30 years- damn time flies!
The GA Tech/NC game was a good one, right down to the last 1.2 seconds.
Now we need two other teams to win tonight -Cincinnati and Xavier-

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 01:55 PM

Well, RGS, let me be the first to say congratulations! Any day that any UF team loses is a great day for America. I pulled for USC in the semifinals, but you guys were unstoppable. When that guy hit that long 3 with about two minutes to go (I think it was Fitch), I knew it was over. LSU brought the football National Championship to the SEC (well, part of it, anyway), so I hope UK can bring the basketball NC to the SEC as well. And uh, maybe the Dawgs can win the NIT!
Posted By: Brandy Osborne

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 03:05 PM

GO BIG BLUE!!!! and as a nice side treat, duke got beat!! :P gotta love march!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 04:00 PM

Woooooooo hooooooo!

It looks like we're coming together at the right time. If this team keeps its head I can't see it slowing down before San Antonio. GO BIG BLUE
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It could be worse....you could be an OU fan.

But look at it this way, J, we almost took out Texas!!! And that with a team of 8 that was only 2 fouls away from playing with 3 players on the court. We led all the way until the last couple of minutes! I think they have come a long way with the players they have - almost all freshman!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 04:21 PM

Well, I am kind of like you, Boomermom. We beat Tech, beat Kentucky twice, and beat Florida once. Now we're going to the NIT. I'd rather go to the NCAA, but I really can't complain. At least no we have someone as head coach who looks to be a solid person and isn't going to get us in a bunch of hot water. I'd say that the future looks bright for the UGA men's basketball team. Maybe they can start playing up to the level the ladies have.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 04:24 PM

Our ladies won the Big 12 Tourney as a 6 seed and are going to NCAAA. They played a heck of a tournament beating 3 top seeds and winning big over Texas in the finals!!!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 04:25 PM

If everything goes according to form, then there should be a Duke/Kentucky showdown for the National Championship. What a game that would be! Don't you know that had to make the tournament selection committee smile a little bit. Several of the most memorable games in college basketball history have been Duke/Kentucky NCAA Tournament games, including the greatest college basketball game ever played:
March 28, 1992, The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA, East Regional Final
Duke 104 Kentucky 103 (OT)

Go Duke!
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 06:19 PM

OK, I am probably stepping into something really deep here, but here goes. How does Duke get a 1 seed? I mean they lose 5 games, including the tournament game to an unranked team. Now, granted I haven't followed them, but is it really quality wins or is it legacy?

Oh, & in case your wondering, I'll be cheering on my alma mater, Miss State Bulldogs (but an SEC team at the very least).

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 06:26 PM

The ACC is by far the toughest conference in college basketball this year. Plus the tournament selection committee has historically not put a lot of emphasis on the results of the ACC championship game in changing seedings. It's not just a Duke thing. I can remember in years past where Carolina has lost in the ACC tournament game and still kept a number 1 seed. But I do think its a little bit of their reputation keeping them there too.

I can tell you this much - Duke is far more worthy of a #1 seed than either Stanford or St. Joe's. They'd be the ones you should be asking about.
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 06:59 PM

Quote:

The ACC is by far the toughest conference in college basketball this year.

I will excuse the obvious typographical error--You meant to say the Big 12, of course.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 07:11 PM

Ummmm, no, I'm pretty sure I meant to say the ACC.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 07:25 PM

Quote:

Ummmm, no, I'm pretty sure I meant to say the ACC.

Yes, but with "pretty sure" in your answer, you confidence is waning. Hopefully, the tourney will dispel you of this wicked east coast bias.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 07:30 PM

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!!!!

Had fun picking them to go All.The.Way again this year! I know they can do it. Again.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 07:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The ACC is by far the toughest conference in college basketball this year.

I will excuse the obvious typographical error--You meant to say the Big 12, of course.

Again, Big 12 teams don't have better records because they are all so good they beat each other up!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 07:44 PM

Did anyone watch the selection show yesterday? There was a rather interesting exchange between the St. Joe's coach and one of the CBS guys about whether or not St. Joe's deserved their ranking. At some point, St. Joe's is going to have to prove themselves. There are a lot of doubters.

I don't follow college basketball much, so I can't really join the debate about the toughest conference, but just remember that the number one overall seed is from the SEC, baby! (a Dickie V. expression for you there)

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 08:50 PM

Quote:

...the number one overall seed is from the SEC, baby!...

At last, a little respect.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:12 PM

You know it! Z and I had the same arguement about conference supremacy during football season, so it's rather humorous to see he and Magic having this debate. Kentucky is probably the best overall chance that the SEC has at bringing the trophy home, but I think that Florida, MSU, USC, Vandy, and Bama all have a shot at going pretty far. I may even pull for Florida, but only after having a beer or 50.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:15 PM

Hmmm. Florida does not seem as good as their hype. MS State is peaking in the wrong direction. I think Okla State is a strong contender for the Final 4.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:24 PM

Well, that's why they play the games. I thought I heard some of the guys on the Selection Show yesterday saying that OK State should have been seeded higher. In any case, there are usually one or two upsets in the early rounds. So, we'll see what happens.
Posted By: Chi

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:24 PM

Quote:

At some point, St. Joe's is going to have to prove themselves.

I'm thinking St. Joe's and Pitt are going to be playing in the E. Rutherford division decider. I honestly do not believe that St. Joe's has played any real competition this season. Pitt is likely to take that Division.

I would really like to see a BC / UCONN Championship. A great pre-cursor to the epic Yankees vs. Red Sox season coming up (are there any other baseball teams besides the Yankees and the Sox?).

But, I guess I'll have to settle for Pitt vs. UCONN.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:30 PM

Quote:

(are there any other baseball teams besides the Yankees and the Sox?).

I hope so, otherwise we couldn't have a World Series--because everyone knows that the Sox can't go.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:37 PM

Quote:

I hope so, otherwise we couldn't have a World Series--because everyone knows that the Sox can't go.

This from a Cubs fan.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

This from a Cubs fan.

I beg your pardon, I am also an Astros fan--oops, I think I'm just nailing down your point.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:50 PM

Gotcha! Seriously, Z, how do you think the Astros will do this year with Pettite and Rocket?

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:53 PM

The Rocket will definitely be a good captain for the young players, but we'll see if he still has what it takes. Pettite, what can I say, I think he'll do great. If they don't do it this year, they are going to have to dump some aging players.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 09:56 PM

Quote:

If everything goes according to form, then there should be a Duke/Kentucky showdown for the National Championship. What a game that would be! Don't you know that had to make the tournament selection committee smile a little bit. Several of the most memorable games in college basketball history have been Duke/Kentucky NCAA Tournament games, including the greatest college basketball game ever played:
March 28, 1992, The Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA, East Regional Final
Duke 104 Kentucky 103 (OT)

Go Duke!

The 1992 game also happened to be the last UK broadcast by the late, great, Caywood Ledford. Caywood was one of the greatest radio announcers ever (the 'Cat fan in me says greatest, but I'll leave it at "one of"). Of course the player that made the last shot in the 1992 game (I cannot physically type his name) should have been ejected earlier in the game when he stomped on Aminu Timberlake, but ......

I was actually glad that they seeded both dUKe and UK as 1 seeds, I was afraid that they'd play in the regional final again. I think the 'Cats will be salty, but they're going to have to avoid injuries and stay hungry. I may feel title number 8 coming to Lexington.

GO BIG BLUE!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 10:06 PM

We've had this debate before, haven't we, Rusty? It wasn't a stomp, it was just a little love tap. I think the technical foul was the right call. The game was physical on both ends of the floor.

As I understand it, Coach K did a classy thing in coming over and congratulating Caywood on the air for all his excellence in broadcasting after that game.

Just to show you that I'm not so blinded by team loyalty, I'd have to say that Laettner was one of the less classy players to ever suit up for Duke. But boy was he talented and competitive.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/15/04 10:11 PM

Quote:

I thought I heard some of the guys on the Selection Show yesterday saying that OK State should have been seeded higher.

I think what hurt them was a late conference championship game. It just ended when they came on the air for the announcements. However, their record should have spoken a lot for them. (Gee, did a Sooner fan just say that? Oh, well, they are from Oklahoma!)

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 01:38 PM

USA Today has an article in today's issue that confirms the ACC as the best conference this year. It's the first time since the NCAA Tournament started seeding all the participant schools in 1979 that a single conference has placed 5 teams seeded 4 or higher. There have been 11 times that a conference has placed 4 teams at 4 or higher (none of which was the Big 12). Tournament committee chairman Bob Bowlsby is quoted as saying the ACC is the #1 conference this year.

Go Duke!
Posted By: Brandy Osborne

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 01:47 PM

i still can't think about that game with dUKe (good call RGS)... I still think coach K has sold his soul to the devil for all those wins... i mean come on... the man has not aged in over a decade... he has "evil" players (like the afore mentioned not nice person)... it's just not natural! but then again as well all know, we UK fans live and breathe to play them again... cause we ROCK!!! anyway sorry Big Blue love took over for a second!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 02:23 PM

Quote:

USA Today has an article in today's issue that confirms the ACC as the best conference this year. It's the first time since the NCAA Tournament started seeding all the participant schools in 1979 that a single conference has placed 5 teams seeded 4 or higher. There have been 11 times that a conference has placed 4 teams at 4 or higher (none of which was the Big 12). Tournament committee chairman Bob Bowlsby is quoted as saying the ACC is the #1 conference this year.

Go Duke!

USA Today? McNewpaper?? That great sports oracle?? That settles nothing!!! The Big 12 has 9, count them 9 teams playing in the post season. That is also 9 teams with winning records. We had 10 teams with a .500 record or better. We also have 12 teams in the conference vs. 9 in the ACC. Plenty of opporunity for Duke et al to beat up on a lot of second-rate nonconference teams.

Yes, the ACC had 8 teams with .500 or above records. Look at the conferences side by side and they look very similar. Everyone knows that OSU should have gotten a higher seed. If it had not been for the East Coast bias, we'd have had 6 teams in the NCAA touney also. It helps that the ACC plays close to the media centers of the universe.

We played tough non-conference schedules and beat up on each other all year in an area of the country without a media center city--all but assuring that fewer Big 12 teams would get to the NCAA tourney.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 02:40 PM

Quote:

the man has not aged in over a decade

Are you kidding me? His hairline is receding faster than CBS could backpedal after the Superbowl halftime show. Have you looked at the bags under his eyes lately? You could pack enough luggage for a Zsa Zsa Gabor world tour in those bags. He's had both hips replaced in the past 8 years. Not aged? Give me a break. Here's the comparison:

Coach K then:

Coach K now:

Quote:

he has "evil" players

Laettner is about the only one that I would say even comes close to this category. At the very least he did not resemble the character of his first name. But other than him, who else would you put in this category? Look at the model citizens the Duke basketball program has produced. Figures like Shane Battier, Grant Hill, Jay Bilas to name a few. Certainly not what I would call "evil" players.

Go Duke!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 02:44 PM

I call Duke players "soft", not evil. They can't play pro ball. Elton Brand is probably the best of them all. Even before the motorcycle accident, Jay Williams was soft. Obviously, Grant Hill is a bust - there is an endless supply of Duke grads who are best suited for sitting on the pine waiting for their shot to coach high school hoops. (ok, a bit biased - not a Duke fan)

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 02:59 PM

I won't dispute at all that the Big 12 is the second strongest conference this year. You've argued that case very well. I can see that you are most probably an excellent attorney.

At one point last week, ESPN (a slightly more authoritative sports voice than USAToday) reported that ACC teams had the #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, and 13th ranked toughest schedules in the country. That seems to me to be indicative of both extremely high levels of interconference play as well as scheduling strong non-conference opponents.

Quote:

We also have 12 teams in the conference vs. 9 in the ACC. Plenty of opporunity for Duke et al to beat up on a lot of second-rate nonconference teams.

But the Big 12 still only plays 16 conference games, just like the ACC. So it seems to me to be a very equal opportunity for both leagues to pick on non-conference teams. Plus you don't necessarily have to worry about meeting the strongest teams in your conference twice every year, both at their house and yours. Of course, the ACC will be going to that same format next year with the expansion (dilution).

The ACC also has more than 50% of its teams this year ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season (5 of 9 teams). So this certainly argues to a tougher conference schedule than most of the Big 12 teams face.

Go Duke!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 03:03 PM

Look, you keep your facts and I'll keep my biased opinion.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 03:13 PM

Quote:

Elton Brand is probably the best of them all.

Actually, Corey Maggette is playing almost as many minutes per game as Brand and has a slightly higher points per game average. But Brand does a lot of other things besides score, too. There are currently six Duke players averaging double digit minutes per game in the NBA. Grant Hill would be the seventh if not for the recurring stress fracture in his ankle - guess that does make him soft, huh?

If you ask me, the primary reason Duke players are not more successful in the NBA is because the NBA is not about team and fundamentals, it's about individual showboating. And at Duke, the players are taught fundamentals and placing team goals ahead of individual. So they do come out for the most part less prepared for the NBA. But is that what college basketball is supposed to be about - preparing players for the NBA? I don't think so.

Quote:

there is an endless supply of Duke grads who are best suited for sitting on the pine waiting for their shot to coach high school hoops.

Well, lets talk about the Duke grads coaching at a slightly higher level, and pretty successfully:

Mike Brey - Notre Dame
Tommy Amaker - Michigan
Quin Snyder - Missouri
Jeff Capel - Viriginia Commonwealth
Johnny Dawkins - Duke assistant
Steve Wojciechowski - Duke assistant
Chris Collins - Duke assistant

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 03:20 PM

Yeah - I second what Z said - all your facts are, Jim, are facts! But I do agree with your opinion on why Duke players may not be more succesful at the pro level. It is that exact reason why I can not stand wtaching Pro Basketball, and why College Hoops is perhaps the most enjoyable sport to watch on TV - so much emotion, so much team play, so many kids out there busting their hump because they actually love to play the game - imagine that!

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 03:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah - I second what Z said - all your facts are, Jim, are facts! But I do agree with your opinion on why Duke players may not be more succesful at the pro level. It is that exact reason why I can not stand wtaching Pro Basketball, and why College Hoops is perhaps the most enjoyable sport to watch on TV - so much emotion, so much team play, so many kids out there busting their hump because they actually love to play the game - imagine that!

It has been said before, but Pro ball is nothing but a wrestling match, a mugging, with a ball thrown in. Big guys shove their way into position. Little guys (6' 7" and under) carry the ball and walk with the ball. The game has really suffered since the days of Pistol Pete and Gerry Kouse (sp?) and.... So long as you don't do a Kermit Washington, you can foul all you want.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 03:48 PM

Plus, with very few exceptions, these guys do not look like they are having fun. I always thought that all pro sports would be better if all contracts were deferred - pay these guys a reasonable salary - let them live a modest life so that they stay hungry, and then when their playing days are over, let them be rich and spoiled creeps.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/16/04 03:49 PM

I hardly watch pro sports at all anymore. The only time is if there is a former Sooner or someone that I know playing for the team. Other than that - they just can't seem to retain my interest! It's all about "me" and not "team". I love March Madness time. Almost as exciting as High School State Playoffs (sorry I just got back from those this weekend). Even though my Sooners didn't make the cut this year, I will still be watching when I can. Will probably follow the NIT a little closer this year. I can remember when the NIT was THE tournament. (Gee, I'm telling my age aren't I!)

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/17/04 03:14 PM

Like him or hate him (as I know some of you KY fans do), ESPN has him as Mr. Clutch in the NCAA Tournament history.
Posted By: redsfan

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/19/04 05:33 PM

The technical foul call was correct, Jim, but that doesn't change the fact that that Laettner (I can type his name, just can't say it out loud) should not have been on the floor to take the last shot.

In 1992, contact technicals like the one called on Laettner were supposed to count as a personal foul. The official scorers did not count the technical as a personal on Laettner.

Laettner got his "fourth" foul early in the first OT. That means that he had actually fouled out. So he should not have even been on the floor at the end of the game.

Even so, that was definitely one of the best basketball games I can ever remember watching. Every time a team needed a big play, someone came up with one. Duke just had the last big play.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/22/04 02:24 PM

Well Magic, it looks like there won't be a UK/Duke game. RGS, my condolences. Z, I caught the end of the UNC/Texas game the other night, I didn't realize how good of a squad Texas had, although it appears that the high pressure defense UNC was using on the Horns was pretty effective.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/22/04 04:41 PM

Quote:

... that was definitely one of the best basketball games I can ever remember watching. Every time a team needed a big play, someone came up with one. Duke just had the last big play.

The same can be said of the Kentucky - UAB game!!! That is one of the most exciting games that I have watched so far
Posted By: UofLer

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 02:57 PM

Quote:

it looks like there won't be a UK/Duke game. RGS, my condolences.

What cheers a Card fan after they lose a game?? One guess...

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 03:11 PM

...a frown on Tuby's face?
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 07:06 PM

Go KU.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 07:23 PM

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 07:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

it looks like there won't be a UK/Duke game. RGS, my condolences.

What cheers a Card fan after they lose a game?? One guess...

OUCH!! I would actually root for UL with the exception of one game a year because they are in Kentucky, but I understand not all fans feel the same way. Of course with all of the losses that UL had down the stretch, I guess you guys did need a big dose of cheering up.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 07:59 PM

I still have a chance with 11 teams remaining. I only have one team left out of the St. Louis bracket--GA Tech. I feel pretty good about them.

Re: NCAA Tourney - 03/23/04 08:25 PM

Yuck! "Feel good" and "Georgia Tech" don't belong in the same sentence together.