CV Concerns?

Posted By: MB Guy

CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 03:13 PM

For those who want to keep a close eye on CV, here is something a colleague who works for our IT Department sent me:

This page is put together by a 17 year old tech wizard. It is updated each minute. It is the best information that I have found about the beer virus’ infection numbers.

https://ncov2019.live/

Computer whiz Avi Schiffmann, 17, spends much of his time these days constantly updating and improving the website, which automatically scrapes data from reliable sources from all over the world. The site, which originally updated every 10 minutes, now updates every minute to provide the latest statistics on the number of confirmed cases, serious cases, deaths, and recovered — both worldwide and in each country — in real time. The site also hosts an interactive Google map, a Twitter feed, travel advisories, information on the disease and its prevention, as well as tips for preparing for quarantine situations.

“I started working on this project at Christmastime, when there were fewer than 1,000 confirmed cases — all in mainland China,” said Schiffmann, a high school junior. “It was hard to get clear, concise, and accurate information on what was going on, and I wanted to do something to fix this.”

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 03:34 PM

post removed at writer's request. Apparently these were bogus with malware.
Posted By: JWills, CRCM

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 03:51 PM

I received an email this morning from the ABA that the Compliance Schools that were starting the end of this month have been cancelled due to the concerns over the coronavirus.
Posted By: HMS Pippii

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 04:08 PM

ABA canceled everything for March - Compliance Schools, Risk Management Conference, etc. I'm curious about what will happen to the Compliance Conference in June. I'm planning to send 2 people to it, but told them to only register for the conference and the hotel after making sure they could cancel without a penalty. ABA just can't turn an aircraft carrier around in the middle of the ocean, so to speak.

Niantic postponed the Pokemon Safari in St Louis smile but if you have a ticket, you'll have access to all of the Safari Zone research tasks, etc, globally instead of everyone congregating in Tower Park.

Am I worried about it? Only somewhat. We have solid plans in place, we're testing things (such as "everyone with VPN access that can work remote has to sign on at this time from home and open all of their programs" because IT says they can handle it, but we want to be sure). My department doesn't seem to be concerned, but we can all work remote. My department also has a few people that are either immune-suppressed or have asthma, so I'm hoping they don't get it.

We suspended all non-essential business travel last Thursday and the definition of "essential" is pretty tight. Haven't heard anyone changing their spring break travel plans for next week, including people leaving the country.

I'm concerned about whether what we're getting is a lot of hysteria or if this is really that bad - my guess is that it's somewhere in the middle. There was an interview with the doc in charge of ICUs in Milan that I tripped over last night. Listening to him explain what they're running into was interesting and nothing I want to see happen here.

I'd like to actually get to Medicare without touching my 2020 deductible... My house elf has just over 7 weeks left on my corporate insurance and I have to get through May.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 04:12 PM

We had two confirmed cases in Michigan. The governor announced last night--one was a woman who had traveled internationally, and the other was a man who had traveled domestically. Two difference counties, both within a hour of me.
Posted By: Reg Warrior

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 04:26 PM

Most of our back office can work remotely except two areas, if needed. This week everyone received a bottle of hand sanitizer and a box of tissue, we asked when our personal supplies of toilet paper delivery was going to arrive.

I live in an area where we have one death, four fire fighters exposed, four schools had to be sanitized, and a staff member at my daughter's high school was sent home because they just arrive home from an infected part of the world (after working for a week).
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 04:26 PM

There is a real extra benefit in having a job that requires me to work at home.

We have almost 100 cases here in Massachusetts (the news today said we're the 4th state on the list in order of number of cases), with at least half of those cases deriving from a single corporate gathering in Boston. The governor has declared a state of emergency and colleges are sending students home to attend virtual classes. Public schools have been sporadically closing for thorough cleaning when they learn of a student or teacher with a sick family member. Boston's vaunted St. Patrick's Day parade has been canceled, and there is talk about cancelling the Boston Marathon (which has been canceled only once, during WW-I, when it was replaced by a military marathon.

We have tickets to a concert at the Boston Garden (yeah, I know it's the TD Garden now) two weeks from now, and we don't think we we will go (if it isn't canceled). The tickets weren't cheap, but the risk of being in such a big crowd is just too high.
Posted By: Soccer

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 04:55 PM

As I write this my daughter and her boyfriend are on a quick birthday trip to Iceland. As her mother, I'm a nervous wreck that the boarders will get closed before they return on Friday evening. (I know hysteria) She's a nurse and knows every precaution to take but I'm still worried and will be glad when they get home Friday. Hopefully not to quarantine.
Posted By: BotV#6

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 06:46 PM

I see WHO issued the pandemic warning now. We've been talking through the pandemic plan more and more as of late. Part of our issue is trying to stem the hysteria from the media. That was before we had a high school tournament & one of the crowd had it, but didn't know until after the fact. My guess is around 300 people may have been exposed, but know it open up the unknown of if all those that attended could be contagious or not.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 07:54 PM

And then there's the Big 12 tournament starting today at the Sprint Center - no clue how many people are descending on downtown KC, but I'm working from home tomorrow and Friday (99% to avoid the insane traffic and 1% because I can). We only have one confirmed case (to my knowledge) and the person is recovering at KU Med. Someone said the NCAA tournament may be played without spectators which makes sense, but imagine not having crowd noise during the games.
Posted By: RockChucker, CAMS

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/11/20 08:35 PM

I am standing on the busiest street corner and handing out free hugs.
Posted By: Peepers

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 10:15 AM

mass hysteria!

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by HMS Pippii
And then there's the Big 12 tournament starting today at the Sprint Center - no clue how many people are descending on downtown KC, but I'm working from home tomorrow and Friday (99% to avoid the insane traffic and 1% because I can). We only have one confirmed case (to my knowledge) and the person is recovering at KU Med. Someone said the NCAA tournament may be played without spectators which makes sense, but imagine not having crowd noise during the games.

Family only for the Big 10, Big 12, and some others. I was looking forward to going to a March Madness regional, but that will be limited to family only as well.
Posted By: raitchjay

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 02:43 PM

I don't think March Madness is going to happen at all this year.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 02:57 PM

It snowed last night so I am no longer giving hugs on the corner. Now you can find me in the produce department at WalMart giving hugs and touching as many shopping cart handles as possible.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 03:04 PM

haha.....pandemics are a barrel of laughs.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 03:33 PM

Until there is no more toilet paper anywhere...… smile

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/12/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by raitchjay

Just trying to provide some sanity to the insanity overtaking regularly sane people.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 12:58 PM

The governor of Michigan closed all schools in the state until April 6th. My granddaughter is thrilled, her mom not so much.
Posted By: Skittles

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 01:00 PM

My son teaches in Kentucky. They were informed last night that the students will be out for 3 weeks (the 3rd week was scheduled for spring break). Teachers have to report, though.
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 01:34 PM

Well, that's good, the teachers will get sick, and then what?

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 01:39 PM

Teachers reporting to work is like bankers, restaurant workers, retail workers, etc. reporting to work. If someone is sick, they should stay home.
Posted By: praBSA

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 01:40 PM

Tried to pick up some basic things yesterday after work to prepare for my child just in case. No baby wipes, children's motrin or children's Tylenol anywhere around me. Infuriating. What happens when kids with fevers actually need this over the counter stuff and people are hoarding it.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RockChucker, CAMS

Just trying to provide some sanity to the insanity overtaking regularly sane people.

What sane measures should we all be taking? What medical insight do you have to offer our medical leaders and their advice?

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 01:52 PM

I for one am not fearing for my life.....am not afraid to go to work.......i hope and figure if i contracted it i'd survive. However, it isn't a ll about me and i know there are lots of people with weakened immune systems who very much do NOT need coronavirus in their lives. And i don't particularly want to find out how bad or overblown it is if i contract it either.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:03 PM

What sane measures should we all be taking? What medical insight do you have to offer our medical leaders and their advice?

Easy there turbo. Take a few deep breaths and turn off the overdone news would be a nice start.
Posted By: Bankwoman1

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:09 PM

I agree about the "overdone news". I'm just about ready to quit all news and social media!

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:10 PM

Well, it's nice to know you've got it all figured out and handled. If you could drop me (and the NCAA, NBA, PGA, the President, etc.) a line when it's all good to go, that would be great.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:13 PM

I just want to get this straight.....

the NCAA, NBA, PGA, MLB and numerous other entities have just foregone BILLIONS of dollars because of media frenzy?

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:19 PM

Consider this - the US has a certain number of ICU beds and a certain number of ventilators. CV isn't going to spread itself out over 6 months or so like flu season. Ventilators aren't going to magically appear. Hospitals don't typically run a 50% vacancy rate. I have a mild case of asthma which is no big deal, but if I get bronchitis, it hits my lungs hard and fast. I think I'd survive (not sure), but might depend on what medical support is available. Let's just say I'm twitchy about it.

There was an interesting set of statistics from Italy on Twitter (can't find the link now or I would) that said age is just one factor. Obesity is just as bad.

We had an ERMC meeting Monday morning. We had a WebEx set up for anyone who couldn't make it, but nobody sent an email saying to use WebEx. It was noted by the CEO that we weren't following our 6 foot social distancing procedures by being shoulder to shoulder in the Boardroom, but the 90 minute meeting continued. Right before it started, one person mentioned spending most of the day before at the hospital with her daughter who had a high fever - so [censored] did she think her presence was so critical to that meeting that she came in person instead of using WebEx? We can't send mixed messages at the top of the organization and yet....
Posted By: thomasj

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:19 PM

I have a trip to Florida with my son to go fishing scheduled for next week and I am not cancelling. Unless there is a ban on domestic air travel (nothing would surprise me at this point) we will be going. Schools here are still in session.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 03:33 PM

I just want to get this straight.....

the NCAA, NBA, PGA, MLB and numerous other entities have just foregone BILLIONS of dollars because of media frenzy?

Media frenzy never made anyone give up millions of dollars, let alone billions.
I'm a March Madness junkie - can we just declare the #1 seed the NCAA winner, print the shirts, and let Jayhawk fans go spend lots of money on the shirts?

RockChucker? I bet you could get a great last minute deal on a cruise ship! Stay out of WalMart and go see the islands.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 04:38 PM

Well, it's nice to know you've got it all figured out and handled. If you could drop me (and the NCAA, NBA, PGA, the President, etc.) a line when it's all good to go, that would be great.

I can see you are very emotional at the moment so let's continue this conversation in 90 days or so.In the meantime I might take HMS Pippii's advice and get a great deal on a cruise.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 05:08 PM

My mom's assisted living center is basically on lockdown last night, although we don't have any confirmed cases in our county yet. The residents can only leave for essential services (which doesn't include grocery shopping). They recommend increasing their meal plan to 2 meals a day and having an outside service deliver other things that may be needed. Visitors aren't allowed unless providing essential services, and anyone who does enter the building has to pass a screening.

I guess it's good that the facility is on top of this, but a little notice so we could have stocked up on a few things for her would have been nice.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 05:11 PM

I can see you are very emotional at the moment so let's continue this conversation in 90 days or so.In the meantime I might take HMS Pippii's advice and get a great deal on a cruise.

Not emotional.......tired of even a pandemic being political fodder.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 05:14 PM

And even in 90 days (and i'm not directing this at you directly, i have no idea how you'll react in 90 days) i don't see how it will be different. If these measures WORK and the spread is curtailed, many will then say "see???? Big overreaction." It's a never-ending game in today's world. I'm just sick of it. I don't think the news media could show a picture of an infant taking its first step without social media making it political.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 05:18 PM

People's "opinions" on what we should do about a pandemic are just meaningless to me. How you want to react in your personal life to it? Of course. What you think the government's reaction to a health crisis which rank and file Americans haven't the slightest expertise in? Just seems ridiculous to me.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 06:06 PM

I live in a county in Indiana that hasn't seen a case of the virus yet (I pray that we don't, but I'm not holding my breath). They announced yesterday that the 3 colleges in town will begin e-learning for like the next 3 weeks. The school corporation just announced today that school is closed until April 3rd. I guess what confuses me is, that all of these kids still have to go somewhere while their parents work, whether it's daycare or to a family members house. It's not like they are being quarantined....they are still going to be interacting with other kids and adults. So are all of these closures really going to stop the spread of the virus?

I'm not going to let the media and anyone else make me panic over this. I don't want to see anyone get sick or worse, die, but everything that is happening right now just seems really really extreme.....just my opinion at the moment though.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 06:21 PM

I'm not sure if any of you have been personally impacted by all of this, but today I found out that I was at a large public gathering last week and a woman that was also there is now positive for the virus. I had no direct contact with her and should be fine, however two of my co-workers did have direct contact, and they have been sent home by the Bank. So whether you think this is funny (run on toilet paper and Clorox wipes), political or whatever, please show kindness. No one wants to get sick or make others sick. So please think about everyone who is ill and say a pray that they get better and that others avoid it.
Posted By: Fizzle's Mom

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 06:41 PM

Kindness should be top of mind. Well said, Soccer!
Posted By: Truffle Royale

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 08:43 PM

Everything isn't extreme. Unfortunately, society as a whole has no clue how to react to this. Put five people in a closed room and have a clown jump out and you'll get five different reactions.
Look at Italy. They didn't think it was that bad either.
Social distancing in hopes of lowering the curve is our best chance at not ending up like Italy on a much grander scale.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 08:52 PM

Good points Soccer.
And yes, of course I hope this is a huge overreaction and things turn around quickly. I guess until I see that this illness (not the social response to it) is in fact more impactful to the general health of individuals than the flu I don't see what the big deal is. When I was watching the Utah Jazz player who got infected I expected a bunch more people on the team and staff to get it since it was so contagious. They tested over 50 people in that group and only one other player had it and that is with them sweating on each other, being in the same locker room, flying in the same airplane and traveling in other vehicles together. I understand that there are individuals who are more susceptible to it, heck I'm immune compromised and in stage 2 kidney failure so it's not like I want it either. I've always been more of a watch and see person and less of a go with the crowd kinda guy.
Posted By: Portermi, CRCM

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/13/20 09:06 PM

I think the seriousness came about when they cancelled the NCAA Tourney. Once the professional leagues followed suit it became apparent this could be much worse than many assumed. My wife has been following along for a couple weeks and had the fridge stocked; I was very skeptical until a couple days ago. Seeing what is happening in Italy is a sobering thing and makes me very concerned about my parents, as they are 66 and 72 and have smoked for many years.

That being said, people need to educate themselves using truly educational sources. I was presented with an article that basically made the entire thing sound apocalyptic. Turns out the author was in marketing and has no medical background. I hope everyone stays safe and this passes asap.
Posted By: Patriot

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/14/20 02:04 AM

Same thing here. I wish we would have had a day notice. I can drop off groceries at the door only. No visitors. My Mother isn't worried, thankfully.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/14/20 03:53 PM

As of yesterday, everyone who can work at home is being outfitted to do so. I had already asked and received the necessary equipment earlier last week so I'm home for the foreseeable future. Hubs and I and my 93 year old mother will forego grandgirls visits, et al in an effort to get through this safely. We'd started pulling wallpaper and sanding to paint the dining room and now will have plenty of time to finish it without rushing on a weekend.

I applaud all that have stepped up to make this huge effort to flatten the curve by encouraging and even enforcing social distancing.

Stay healthy, fellow BOLers.
Posted By: edAudit

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 02:37 PM

It may be best to enforce social media distancing as well.
Posted By: E.E.G.B

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 02:56 PM

I agree with the mixed messages from various folks at the top. Just an example, yesterday at church (borderline allowable as the city has strongly discouraged groups of 250+ from meeting; 8am service isn't THAT crowded though.....) They removed the sign-in pew books and asked people to do 'drive by' communion (rather than altar rail) - BUT everyone was in a big crowded line to get said communion AND they did common cup. ?!?!?!? Someone didn't think this all the way through.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 03:32 PM

Brothers buy up hand sanitizer After I saw this article where they bought up around 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and disinfectants, I was glad Amazon, EBay, and others shut them down. Trying to claim the price gouging wasn't profiteering and rather a public service was just sad.
Posted By: OldeTymeBanker

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 03:43 PM

When Vegas strip casinos are closing you know it's getting real. I think we will be discussing the economic impact of this crisis for a very long time.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 03:49 PM

Those brothers ended up donating all that hand sanitizer in an effort to offset the charges being brought against them.
A friend posted that they had to pay $23 for a pack of toilet paper at Home Depot in their state so the gouging is not just online.
We had limited quantity signs in the stores but don't know of any gouging up here.

The picture of the little old lady standing by the bare shelves prompts me to ask you all to check on a neighbor you know might be in need, especially those in the high risk group. Offer to shop for them. And please remember to stay 6' away when you deliver stuff. You may be the only contact they have through this. Thank you.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 04:11 PM

Wonderful advice, Truffle!

My husband took a picture from Kroger on Friday of the toilet paper aisle - totally empty. Luckily we have plenty at home for the 2 of us.

Of my department of five, 4 of us are high risk. We may be working from home soon. While I am high risk due to an auto immune disorder, my husband is 67. If I brought something home to him I would never get over that. It's just scary times.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 05:35 PM

My son who is 33, is diabetic, and on the kidney transplant list, so he is high risk. That scares the bejezus out of me.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 06:23 PM

Folks have been hitting up the big box stores for these supplies. I found toilet paper, paper towels and Emergen-C at Walgreens. Other folks have had success at drugstores and smaller stores as well. So if you're in need - try those first. I haven't found hand sanitizer anywhere.

JWills, I know this scares you. It would scare anyone with high risk family and friends. HUGS!!!
Posted By: DoS

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 06:29 PM

I was diagnosed with MS around the turn of the year … I was just about to start a drug to help control it, it is an immunosuppressant. So, I'm not starting any drugs yet. I'm hoping to get a different drug approved by the insurance, but that's a hollow hope.

It sucks having your choices being … be sick or be sick differently

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/16/20 06:44 PM

Thanks waldensouth!

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 01:23 PM

Distilled water has also been flying of the shelf in NY. CVS and Wallgreens were sold out but I found some at a local small pharmacy.

The CVS stock person at the smallest CVS told me that they received and then sold 80 gallons in a few hours. They are not expecting more for at least a week.

People, this is not a hurricane or flood situation there is no reason to hoard cases of items that will take months to use.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 01:29 PM

With restaurants, bars, and retail stores closing in various states, people become concerned that grocery stores will be the next. Add the fear of the unknown and now people that can are starting to hoard.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 02:21 PM

I don't think grocery stores will close, but there may be issues with them getting products as this goes on.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 02:22 PM

Prayers offered for all of you who are facing health and medical issues at this time.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 02:28 PM

My staff informed me some Instagram model is trying to start a lick the toilet coronavirus challenge. I hope social media shuts her accounts down.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 02:37 PM

People are just ridiculous. Another reason to dislike social media.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Skittles
People are just ridiculous. Another reason to dislike social media.

You needed another reason?

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by DoS
I was diagnosed with MS around the turn of the year … I was just about to start a drug to help control it, it is an immunosuppressant. So, I'm not starting any drugs yet. I'm hoping to get a different drug approved by the insurance, but that's a hollow hope.

It sucks having your choices being … be sick or be sick differently

I'm *really* sorry to hear this. MS is a terrible, insidious disease. frown I hope they come up with a workable option for you.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 05:34 PM

Interesting about the CV and the four ways it would end:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...re-could-end/ar-BB11fkm1?ocid=spartandhp
Posted By: RR Joker

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 06:00 PM

We have several active cases where I live. We 'may' temporarily close our lobbies...but we were told in no real uncertain terms we were expected to be here. Even if we ARE capable of working remotely, it would never cross their minds that something like that is actually possible.

I found some gloves for the customer contact folks [tellers mainly] today...at Dollar General. Baby wipes too...there are NO [wet] wipes on line, or in major stores...not even any thermometers. It beats all I've ever seen really.

We wont even discuss food.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 06:12 PM

Stay safe Joker.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by E.E.G.B

I'm *really* sorry to hear this. MS is a terrible, insidious disease. frown I hope they come up with a workable option for you.

Thank you, I apricate that.
Posted By: John Burnett

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 06:31 PM

Some of the supermarkets here in Massachusetts have started to shorten their hours to give them more time to restock those naked shelves. Stores that have been open from 7 to 11 are opening at 7:30 or 8 and closing at 8 or 9. One of the chains, Stop and Shop is using 7:30 am to 8 pm in most of their stores, and, starting tomorrow, adding 90 minutes of "seniors only" shopping from 6 to 7:30 a.m. They want only us old folk over age 60 to be safe from the hordes of other shoppers. Maybe there will be some toilet paper on the shelves at 6 a.m.? Or Purell? Milk?

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 06:46 PM

Wishful thinking, John!
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/17/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by RR Joker
Baby wipes too...there are NO [wet] wipes on line, or in major stores...not even any thermometers. It beats all I've ever seen really.

Just an FYI.

Benzalkonium chloride, the active ingredient in Wet Ones, was found to be less effective than ethanol (as in alcohol, the active ingredient in some sanitizers), hydrogen peroxide, or sodium hypochlorite on coronaviruses in an analysis of 22 studies published in February 2020.

And baby wipes are no good as they do not contain alcohol.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 02:05 PM

I needed baby wipes for babies. Not for sanitizing purposes....but apparently people are really desperate OR afraid of being home with no baby wipes and.....a baby or two.
Posted By: HRH Okie Banker

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by DoS
Originally Posted by E.E.G.B

Thank you, I apricate that.

Thinking of you DoS. Hugs from 6 ft away. I'm older and an ex-35 year smoker with allergies and asthma. Prayers for all of us to get thru this "adventure" mentally (here at work) and physically. It's not going to get any better real soon.

For a laugh - 3 hours into home schooling and 1 is suspended for skipping class and the other one has already been expelled.
Posted By: trying_to_comply

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 04:42 PM

My wife is fighting this at the coal-face; an RN in Ohio. Please save the politics/opinions for a brighter day and follow guidance from State and local government, it will flatten the curve, prevent health systems being overrun and save lives.

The document linked below is the modelling from the Imperial College London that apparently sparked the change in approach from the UK and US. Incidentally, the lead researcher, Prof. Neil Ferguson, has had to self-isolate after developing symptoms himself.

Be prepared, while the measures may flatten the curve, a statement from Angela Merkel last week was they expect 60-70% of the German population will catch this and its reasonable to assume a similar percentage here.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...ege-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf
Posted By: HappyGilmore

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 04:46 PM

Graduate School of Banking at LSU has cancelled the 2020 session, originally scheduled May 24-June 4. They were not in position to move to another school, LSU could not accommodate a later summer schedule, and going online was not something they could facilitate in short order.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 06:07 PM

[quote=trying_to_comply]My wife is fighting this at the coal-face; an RN in Ohio. Please save the politics/opinions for a brighter day and follow guidance from State and local government, it will flatten the curve, prevent health systems being overrun and save lives.

THIS^^^
I have one daughter that is a RN in a level 1 trauma hospital and my other daughter is a CNA in a nursing home. So needless to say we are worried sick about both of them. Say a prayer for everyone.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by trying_to_comply
My wife is fighting this at the coal-face; an RN in Ohio. Please save the politics/opinions for a brighter day and follow guidance from State and local government, it will flatten the curve, prevent health systems being overrun and save lives.

The document linked below is the modelling from the Imperial College London that apparently sparked the change in approach from the UK and US. Incidentally, the lead researcher, Prof. Neil Ferguson, has had to self-isolate after developing symptoms himself.

Be prepared, while the measures may flatten the curve, a statement from Angela Merkel last week was they expect 60-70% of the German population will catch this and its reasonable to assume a similar percentage here.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...ege-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

I had to google what coal face was. Best wishes to those in health care and retail, without those remaining open this situation would be much worse than it always is.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 07:37 PM

CEO just emailed that the 60% already working from home should stay there till at least 4/3. He wants to get as many of the remaining 40% home as is realistically possible too.

I'm getting a tad anxious myself and it's only Day 3. Wondering if it's maybe time for me to give up my tea totaler status and start drinking.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/18/20 11:20 PM

My whole dept is working remote as of last Monday. Some of us have been remote since last Thursday. Today, one of my team has a fever of 101* and Army doc told her to self-quarantine for a couple of days and get back to him with an update. Really wish he'd tested her for the flu since that's the most likely scenario in this area. In the meantime... K-12 has cancelled through the end of the semester, churches are closed as are bars, restaurants, movie theaters, etc. I think we're about down to medical, banks, grocers, and drug stores. We went for a drive last night to get some fresh air (and hit a few Pokestops....) and it was weird. Parking lots weren't 100% empty, but close enough.

Wash your hands!

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 11:39 AM

We have now officially closed all lobbies and gone to drive thru only. A customer can request an appointment to see an employee if needed. I am at home now as are many at the bank. I think in the past 3 days our IT department has made it possible for over half of our staff to work from home. They have done an amazing job.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Truffle Royale

I'm getting a tad anxious myself and it's only Day 3. Wondering if it's maybe time for me to give up my tea totaler status and start drinking.

What good is drinking going to do you?

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 06:22 PM

Drink until you don't care ….

My wife had to point out my hypocrisy of crabbing about people hoarding TP as I was loading multiple cases of beer into my truck

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 06:57 PM

That was said tongue in cheek after seeing all the pictures of what DoS appears to be doing. I opted for knitting instead.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 07:01 PM

My coworker's ex just found out he tested positive for CV (he had just gotten back from London). The Urgent Care told him to go home and self-isolate. He's 69, so he's definitely in that danger zone.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 07:07 PM

At least he is an ex... laugh

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 07:08 PM

Yes, there is that, and from what I've heard, not a very nice one at that.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 07:32 PM

Well, then... smirk

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 07:40 PM

I think a concern is: social distancing begins to work. Reported cases and deaths begin to wane. I think there could be a lot of pressure to prematurely curtail social distancing, and it sounds like in that case, we could very quickly get back to where we are now. Whether the govt. backs off in that scenario or not, people being what they are might begin to ignore the warnings. With the news reports i'm seeing about spring breakers and their seemingly carefree attitude about all of this--it just seems like our chances to work together as a country and do what we need to do aren't high. Hope i'm wrong about that.
Posted By: #Just Jay

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 08:16 PM

I dunno, but I have found that the morning bloody mary bar has really lifted moral here at the home office.

Things really pick up at the late afternoon martini break as well.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/19/20 09:45 PM

I think a concern is: social distancing begins to work. Reported cases and deaths begin to wane. I think there could be a lot of pressure to prematurely curtail social distancing, and it sounds like in that case, we could very quickly get back to where we are now. Whether the govt. backs off in that scenario or not, people being what they are might begin to ignore the warnings. With the news reports i'm seeing about spring breakers and their seemingly carefree attitude about all of this--it just seems like our chances to work together as a country and do what we need to do aren't high. Hope i'm wrong about that.

You need to shut down the bars, liquor stores, and mommy and daddy's bank account before you get the spring breakers attention.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by CB#3

You need to shut down the bars, liquor stores, and mommy and daddy's bank account before you get the spring breakers attention.

ahem, what about the grownups?
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by DeeQ

Ahem, Why would that impact you? smirk

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 12:34 PM

Nashville has closed the bars downtown. Restaurants are still open; however no dine-in. People aren't happy!

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purple Pride
Originally Posted by DeeQ

Ahem, Why would that impact you? smirk

whistle
Posted By: Q

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 03:42 PM

Wisconsin has closed bar here. Surprised there aren't riots smile
Posted By: Live 2 Comply

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 04:12 PM

Kentucky is promoting liquor stores to deliver. And bars and restaurants can sell drinks for pickup up or drive thru.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Q
Wisconsin has closed bar here. Surprised there aren't riots smile

That is the truth …

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 06:50 PM

We went from 2 cases in Michigan on the 11th, to 546 as of the 19th.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 07:01 PM

In my state they aren't even testing people who show up to the hospital with all the symptoms. They just send them home and tell them to self isolate. My neighbor works at the hospital and a hospice center and she was hesitant to tell my wife that little detail.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 07:19 PM

I'm sure the numbers are going to climb. Hopefully as people stay away from each other for a sufficient length of time, this will become an ugly memory.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 08:16 PM

Here in NY we are one step from complete lock down. This stuff is serious and hopefully folks will heed the warnings and stay home.
Posted By: Live 2 Comply

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/20/20 08:36 PM

We have our lobby closed at all of our locations but allow people to enter with appointments. Or if they call in for a change order or to make a deposit meet them at the door to retrieve the deposit (I am at a location that does not have a drive thru). This just started yesterday.
No one is working from home and so far everyone is required to still come in unless special approval is given. I think it was felt that the working from home would be too costly since at this time, we do not have the tech to do so.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/23/20 11:39 AM

In my state they aren't even testing people who show up to the hospital with all the symptoms. They just send them home and tell them to self isolate. My neighbor works at the hospital and a hospice center and she was hesitant to tell my wife that little detail.

Here you can only get a test if you're a senior citizen or first responder. Or, you know, a sports star or a celebrity. Priorities!
Posted By: Jamie S

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/25/20 09:04 PM

Has anyone had an employee that tested positive? I'm just wondering how this situation was handled at your workplace?

• Closure of location? If yes, for how long?
• Mandatory quarantine of all other employees at this location?
• Cleaning protocol/guidelines? Or, leaving this to janitorial company guidelines?
Posted By: OldeTymeBanker

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/25/20 11:41 PM

Our lobbies have been closed for over a week. All of our casinos, restaurants and bars have also been closed. In my department we are working 50% of time at home, 50% in office, alternating days. It's definitely a worrisome time for our clients, neighbors, families and employees. I wonder what the next two weeks will bring. We have family living in Italy right now and it has been a scary thing to observe from afar.

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/26/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie S
Has anyone had an employee that tested positive? I'm just wondering how this situation was handled at your workplace?

• Closure of location? If yes, for how long?
• Mandatory quarantine of all other employees at this location?
• Cleaning protocol/guidelines? Or, leaving this to janitorial company guidelines?

How are you defining a positive test? Are you going with a presumptive positive from their doctor based on their symptoms or requiring a positive test from the health department? If you're requiring a positive from the health department, how are you handling employees with a presumptive positive from their doctor?

I've been remote for 15 days, but I know the cleaning protocols have been moved to twice a day, anyone onsite can only use one door to go in/out of their office area, and only use one breakroom and one restroom. It's been suggested that you bring your lunch, eat at your desk, and fix a lunch that you don't need to take in/out of the fridge and microwave. If in a non-customer contact job, we're strongly encouraged to work from home. My dept has performance evals in March. We're doing them via email and video chat. What I've discovered is that we're all settled in and back to normal production. Good thing since we're working on drafting or reviewing all documents related to the pandemic. Tomorrow I'm drafting an account addendum for accounts that have been charged off with an overdraft but receive a stimulus check that forces them back open (and no, we're not collecting the charge off from the stimulus check).
Posted By: Reg Warrior

Re: CV Concerns? - 03/26/20 10:41 PM

We just had a branch teller test positive. The person had been home for a week prior to testing positive. All staff for the branch has now been sent home and will not be allowed to work at any other branch. The branch is being sanitized and will be closed for an undetermined amount of time (at least two weeks).

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/01/20 07:24 PM

https://www.bing.com/covid?form=msntrk&ocid=eventhub

Interesting tracker...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/01/20 07:55 PM

Thanks for sharing DeeQ. My biggest concern with the data now available is of course it is going to show exponential growth. We just starting testing for this thing and on top of that we just stepped up our testing capability to a new level so naturally we will see more positive results. That said, hopefully this things runs its course quickly and harmlessly as possible.
Posted By: Valley girl

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/01/20 08:02 PM

I found this a little earlier today while researching cleaning products and the like. These are the guidelines for a facility before and after a diagnosis.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/disinfecting-building-facility.html
Posted By: one deer

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/01/20 08:11 PM

Lobby has been closed for two weeks; tired of all the people who think they need in for things that can be done at drive-up and over the phone. This is our first week of splitting the employees in half and working shifts. I know we all need to be socially distant and being that we are a small bank it would be difficult to say the least if someone caught Covid-19 as we are all essential to the team. I don't like this at all, we are busier than ever and my work gets sidelined for a month as I do others work on the days I am working. Yes I am grateful to still have a job and pay check; but don't come down on me 4 months from now when i don't have things completed or caught up. We have no option to work from home. Such a stressful time on so many levels; aged parents to deal with, getting basic needs for ourselves and aged parents, daughter moving home to work from home as her employer is closing down physical location, doctor appointments that can't be missed, postponed surgery to fix hearing loss for loved-one, family time by portal only, the list is endless. Happy thoughts, positive thinking, I/we can do this!

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/01/20 08:18 PM

Yes, we are seeing growth because we are testing more......but it was the same thing in reverse a month or two ago when "this thing is no big deal" was being espoused by many. Back then......of course we didn't have a bunch of cases--we weren't testing. But that didn't stop people from saying that the whole coronavirus thing was being overblown.......

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 02:11 PM

Back in NY we are still debating if we should close the school fields because the kids can practice social distancing. The same kids that can not realize that there is more important things to worry about other than an un-sanctioned lacrosse game are going to social distance?

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 02:48 PM

Our state is 3rd in the country with the number of cases and our governor just announced this morning that the school year was done.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 02:55 PM

Wow.....I'm in Indiana and our schools were shut down on March 13th (originally until April 3rd) and then on March 19th the governor announced schools will be closed until May 1st. I'm actually shocked that there are still states with schools still in session...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by JWills, CRCM
Our state is 3rd in the country with the number of cases and our governor just announced this morning that the school year was done.

We are number one and it is expected that schools open April 20

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 03:01 PM

Yep, our schools have been closed since March 13th, initially until the 6th of April, and now they are done. I am shocked there are some state with school open as well. In Michigan, we have the majority of cases in Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb Counties. Detroit has the most. Thankful I live in a rural area, although we have some cases here, but nothing that would compare to them. Stay safe.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 03:03 PM

Dang, JWills! Our governor called that 20 days ago. Everything is online now.

This is pretty cool for data - you can get countrywide or any single state:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/?fbclid=IwAR3mT4gTiXQVr4BNKiebo1UB8mdFJMnKWxBfQQli6_4KEhxOWRtxi36Vto0
Posted By: Purple Pride

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 03:12 PM

While our schools are physically closed, Distance Learning was initiated on March 30 to go through May 4. Students are checking in online and using the internet to attend classes and school meetings.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 04:51 PM

Yes, we are seeing growth because we are testing more......but it was the same thing in reverse a month or two ago when "this thing is no big deal" was being espoused by many. Back then......of course we didn't have a bunch of cases--we weren't testing. But that didn't stop people from saying that the whole coronavirus thing was being overblown.......

For the record, I do still think this thing is way overblown.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 04:59 PM

Rock, It would depend on where you are in the country. In NYC it was not taken seriously and that is why the numbers are so high. The numbers also do not take into account people who were not tested, It has been determined that 25% of those who have it have no signs and as such will not be tested even though they can be spreading it.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 05:05 PM

It only depends where you are in the country based on right now. Your part of the country may not be going through it much at this moment, but it will get there, at least if you believe the CDC, the President, etc. Oklahoma wasn't experiencing much even a week ago--we're supposed to hit our peak in 2 weeks.

And i can't help but think that if you were 75 years old, had a weakened immune system, respiratory issues, etc. you wouldn't be using the word "overblown". I don't even really know what that means in this context. We should just ignore the CDC's recommendation and let our death toll be 2.2 million instead of 100,000-200,000? Perhaps you don't mean that......like i said, i don't understand what "overblown" means in this context. We have a pandemic in our midst. The government and health organizations are putting policies into play to lower the death rate. You either believe we should follow those or not. If you believe we should, what is being "overblown"? If you believe we shouldn't...well....ok i guess.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 05:13 PM

If you think this is overblown, I can only assume you do not have a family member that is working in healthcare. I have two daughters on the front line here in Upstate NY, one is an RN at a large state hospital. Believe me it is not overblown.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 05:22 PM

My mother is 76 years old, has COPD, and several other risk factors. Her risk of death compared to this time last year has multiplied many times. I'm sure i'm not unique in having a relative or someone that we care about whose risk of death has shot up because of this virus. Even currently healthy people have had their risk of death multiply (not as much as those in the high-risk categories, but it has gone up). I don't see any of that as an insignificant thing.
Posted By: CompliantOkie

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 06:10 PM

My mother is in her early 70's. She's very healthy but her age alone increases her risk of contracting and dying from Covid-19 quite high. On top of that my husband and oldest son both have asthma. Their risk of dying from COVID-19 is high. I'm luckily in a small department in a very small branch that hasn't had customers in several weeks. I come to work and go home. When I go get groceries, I strip when I get home and wash all my laundry and take a full shower.

In OK we won't have the death toll that larger cities are seeing. But if one of those dead is a family member of mine, I will likely wish even more strict guidelines were put in place. If the death toll does not include someone I know/love, I'll consider myself extremely lucky and still wish even more strict guidelines were put in place.

Stay Home and Stay Healthy!!
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 08:27 PM

As I understand it, the figures they post are 2 weeks behind for some reason. They also are not testing everyone. I realize allergies are strong in Georgia right now, but if you don't have a fever, they won't test you. Presumably we could be walking around infecting folks at the grocery store without knowing it.

Just take a look at what's happening in Albany GA - they have the highest infection rate per the population than ANYWHERE because of 2 funerals that were well attended. From friends how live there - people still won't stay home!

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/02/20 08:48 PM

https://covid19.healthdata.org/?fbclid=IwAR0sMhcrFHl9tRTDnMbpxYX-UGtzGLs_v1wzwHOnI6_xNZBvCJaxPDHecpg

This has really interesting info, broken out by each state. It's current as of yesterday. It's a big deal if they don't get a treatment that works, this wave runs through, and we still have 97% with no immunity for the next wave. My state peaks in about 4 weeks, we apparently have enough ICU beds and ventilators, but that's very dependent on the mantra of stay home and wash your hands.

Interesting side note - the hubby went grocery shopping this morning and said Walmart had a cart corral set up to apparently limit the number of people inside and the person manning the line was cleaning carts. He didn't have a to wait in line, but said only 8 clean carts were ready to go. He also got everything we needed which is a nice change and the store wasn't busy.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 03:21 PM

I heard a talking head on the radio this morning complaining that the "2 week of intense stay at home has not caused the flattening". someone called in and said "that's because the stay at home order is being ignored by too many people, until they take it serious, it will not flatten."

word...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 03:26 PM

Our governor has now issued a potential fine of $1,000 for not following the rule.
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 03:37 PM

So I presume then that you would be willing to sign up for the human trial vaccine and then be intentionally exposed to the virus to see if the vaccine works, correct?

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 03:46 PM

^^ laugh

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Soccer

If you think this is overblown, I can only assume you do not have a family member that is working in healthcare. I have two daughters on the front line here in Upstate NY, one is an RN at a large state hospital. Believe me it is not overblown.

You would be assuming incorrectly.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 07:06 PM

My mother is 76 years old, has COPD, and several other risk factors. Her risk of death compared to this time last year has multiplied many times. I'm sure i'm not unique in having a relative or someone that we care about whose risk of death has shot up because of this virus. Even currently healthy people have had their risk of death multiply (not as much as those in the high-risk categories, but it has gone up). I don't see any of that as an insignificant thing.

Please don't keep putting words in my mouth, I said overblown not insignificant.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by RVFlyboy

So I presume then that you would be willing to sign up for the human trial vaccine and then be intentionally exposed to the virus to see if the vaccine works, correct?

You presume incorrectly, I fall into the high risk category so I wouldn't intentionally infect myself. But thanks for being so thoughtful.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 07:45 PM

I'm just not following what part you think is "overblown". If anything, the number of reported cases in this country is probably LOW by a factor of 5 or 10. Do you think the best-case scenario of 100,000 deaths is being "overblown"? Or the worst-case scenario of 2.2 million deaths is "overblown"? I'm asking seriously.....i just feel like we're way past the point of "overblown" even being a thing. Nothing personal, and i hope you stay healthy throughout this crisis.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 07:56 PM

You would be assuming incorrectly.

Then help me understand with facts why you think this is overblown.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 08:57 PM

Part of my frustration with this whole situation is there are some many other areas where we could take action to improve the lives of so many but because of lobbying and other factors we haven't. For example smoking, according to the CDC:
Smoking leads to disease and disability and harms nearly every organ of the body.

More than 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking.
For every person who dies because of smoking, at least 30 people live with a serious smoking-related illness.
Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Smoking also increases risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis.
Smoking is a known cause of erectile dysfunction in males.
Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death.

Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year.2 If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn’t change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030.3
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.4
If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1

Why don't we outlaw smoking? If we are worried about overwhelming our health care system why don't we make smoking illegal and severely punish those that don't comply? We have never seen such sweeping actions taken for things we deal with everyday.

I agree with you that the number of reported cases is very low. That means that many many more people have it and it is having almost no health impact on those individuals. Again, I don't want people to die from this but I do feel it is being given much more attention than it merits.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 09:00 PM

If you think this is overblown, I can only assume you do not have a family member that is working in healthcare. I have two daughters on the front line here in Upstate NY, one is an RN at a large state hospital. Believe me it is not overblown.[/quote]

You would be assuming incorrectly.[/quote]

[/quote]

You assumed that I do not have a family member working in healthcare but I have a few. I have spoken to only one of them so I can't speak for the others but they said that while they do have some additional procedures in place, they are not seeing the sky falling as indicated by the media.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 09:24 PM

You have several times indicated "the media" is overblowing it. If so, then so is the President, Congress, the CDC, leaders of industry, etc. I mean....fair is fair. The media didn't shut down the economy. If i hear Dr. Fauci, President Trump, or Lester Holt talk about this pandemic, i get the same vibe--this is serious, this is currently bad, it probably will get worse--but we'll get through it. I really think they're on the same page.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/03/20 10:46 PM

Sure, I'm happy to concede that this whole thing is being overblown by more than the media. You still didn't address anything in my post about smoking....
Posted By: rlcarey

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/04/20 12:18 PM

Big difference. You choose to smoke, you choose to die. You choose to run around while you are infected - you kill other people whether you personally happen to be sick from it or not. But if you believe that we should just all go along with our business as usual and let Covid-19 run its natural course without attempted restriction and kill millions of people in the US versus hopefully a few 100 thousand, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You stated: On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.

Which by the way is the result of years of smoking.

During the 1918 flu pandemic, in one year the average lifespan of a person in the US dropped 12 years.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 11:53 AM

You would be assuming incorrectly.[/quote]

[/quote]

You assumed that I do not have a family member working in healthcare but I have a few. I have spoken to only one of them so I can't speak for the others but they said that while they do have some additional procedures in place, they are not seeing the sky falling as indicated by the media.[/quote]

Rock;
I respect your opinion and do not mean any disrespect. I am thankful that your family member in healthcare has not seen the sky falling, my daughter has not seen the sky falling either because her hospital has very strict protocols in place to protect the patients and staff. That still does not mitigate the fact that this virus is a killer.
Stay well
Posted By: RVFlyboy

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 02:35 PM

Why don't we outlaw smoking? If we are worried about overwhelming our health care system why don't we make smoking illegal and severely punish those that don't comply? We have never seen such sweeping actions taken for things we deal with everyday.

Because there is too much money to be made both by the corporations producing cigarettes and by the government taxing cigarettes.

That said, I still don't get how this is "overblown". Is the media overblowing the panic? Of course they are, because panic sells eyeballs and eyeballs equals revenue. But is the government overblowing things? I really don't think so at the point. Politicizing, maybe, but not necessarily overblowing the severity.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 02:38 PM

Worldwide Total Confirmed Cases
Updated 8 min ago

Active cases

Recovered cases

Fatal cases

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by rlcarey
Big difference. You choose to smoke, you choose to die. You choose to run around while you are infected - you kill other people whether you personally happen to be sick from it or not. But if you believe that we should just all go along with our business as usual and let Covid-19 run its natural course without attempted restriction and kill millions of people in the US versus hopefully a few 100 thousand, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You stated: On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.

Which by the way is the result of years of smoking.

During the 1918 flu pandemic, in one year the average lifespan of a person in the US dropped 12 years.

Randy, I'm not saying its the same either, just that it is another way we can save countless lives and save on the burden of our healthcare infrastructure. True the individual who choses to smoke will self inflict the consequence but what about their children and others that are in proximity to their smoking are now suffering the consequences of their illness. Also, now the person has COPD and is in the hospital using a respirator that is not now available to a 36 year old otherwise health mother of 4 who now dies from COVID 19 because there is a shortage of respirators. Again, obviously can't compare apples to apples to COVID but would be much easier scourge to eradicate.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 04:25 PM

There is a virtual funeral being held in about 10 minutes would you like the details?

Also as I stated before it would depend on the location.

I am in a hot spot and we do not even have a stay at home order just a request, so not so overblown here. One would say under blown. And yes some people in my area are stupid.

In PA they gave a ticket to a driver alone in her car for violation of Stay at Home. Over blown.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 04:35 PM

Sure, I'm happy to concede that this whole thing is being overblown by more than the media. You still didn't address anything in my post about smoking....

smoking, obesity, alcoholism, cancer, etc doesn't kill you in 7-14 days, this potentially does, and your chances increase tremendously if you have underlying health issues. surely you can see the difference and that your responses are coming off a tad cavalier.

I have a coworker who lost both her mother and father yesterday to COVID, my heart is breaking for her loss. I can't imagine telling her that the media response is overblown...

and while her parents were practicing stay at home, they were letting the kids and grandkids come and visit, so likely a family member is responsible for their infection and death. I'd certainly hate to be the kid or grandkid carrying that burden.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/06/20 05:16 PM

Happy - prayers for your co-worker and her family and to everyone who has lost a loved one during this crisis. I also initially thought this was being overblown, but my mind was changed dramatically a few weeks ago. What is going on his horrible and as I sit at my desk while I work from home I can see the neighbor children playing together in the lot across the street. While my county has only two positive virus tests, Tennessee is now under the 'order'. My husband ran this morning (allowed and a solo sport) and said he saw more people out today than normal.
Posted By: GuitarDude

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 07:19 AM

Calling some people scumbags is unfair to actual bags of scum.

Bags o' scum

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 12:08 PM

some people just suck. mad

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by GuitarDude
Calling some people scumbags is unfair to actual bags of scum.

Bags o' scum

That right there is the underbelly of society, shame on anyone who does that.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 01:44 PM

There may be another side to the coin ( not saying that it is true)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ers-stealing-their-groceries/2971586001/

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco/profile/food-delivery/instacartcom-1116-444065/complaints

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 04:21 PM

Even if it is true, it doesn't negate having your groceries in hand and then taking back the tip. Shame on the scum on both sides of the coin. Just shows that trying times bring out the best and the worst in people...much like everyday life used to.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 08:46 PM

Probably the same people that are hording TP.

Just wondering why the company allows them to change the tip up to 3 days. I have never used the service. It sounds like a bad policy in itself. The tip should be after service is provided like Uber.

Posted By: Florist Gump

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 09:04 PM

Essential workers are mandated to wear masks in my county starting today. See excerpt and source below.

My problem is that quality masks are hard to come, and if you are able to find some the prices will be hiked up the wazoo. These masks should be going to the medical professionals anyway. I also believe they have limited usage, even one time use, so it's a bit difficult to stock up on these. There are currently online tutorials circulating on how to make your own masks, but unfortunately I'm not very handy and unsure how effective my Mcgyver'd face covering would be.

Are face coverings of any sort being mandated in your neck of the woods?

"Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is ordering workers at essential businesses to cover their face starting Friday, when they’ll also be able to deny service to customers who don’t wear masks.

Employers will be required to supply essential workers with a mask or reimburse workers for the cost, the mayor said.

The order applies to workers at grocery stores, pharmacies, hotels and restaurants, as well as taxi and ride-share drivers, among others. Those who fail to comply could face a fine or prison time"

From: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-mayor-garcetti-to-give-briefing-on-citys-coronavirus-response/

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/10/20 09:56 PM

I just saw that Smithfield Food's South Dakota location had 190 cases of COVID-19. I'd hate to be their PR person to try to explain how that happened.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/12/20 03:08 PM

Are face coverings of any sort being mandated in your neck of the woods?

No. That is one of the reasons why NY has the highest number of cases, more "reported" cases than all countries except the US.
Posted By: CountryBanker

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 01:37 PM

Mandatory face coverings? Not in my area of IL. Mostly those at risk are choosing masks, and I see them on the grocery store employees. First time I saw a homemade plexiglass screen erected between shopper and checkout clerk.

A Chicago TV station has a map of COVID cases by zip code. No reported cases in the vast majority of rural zip codes with cities under 1,200, until you reach a city over 20,000.

There's a local hospital that just set up outside temp 'buildings' over the weekend for something, they've turned the pediatric space inside into the COVID handling area. But even in that city of 25,000, there are only 6 cases reported in that entire county, and 4 are now home and out of quarantine. Guess you have to spend the money and put on the show while you can. Their radio spot said this morning "we might get overflow from other areas." But you have to go 40 miles to find any zip code with over 10 cases.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 01:51 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 02:06 PM

I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but hospitals and clinics are starting to furlough staff around here. Very few cases and they aren't taking any other medical cases unless it's an emergency.

It does make you wonder if most of what the doctors are really having people do is electives even though they can sound serious. I know my parents were getting pushed for more blood work tests due to age and no other reason.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 04:25 PM

I just saw that Smithfield Food's South Dakota location had 190 cases of COVID-19. I'd hate to be their PR person to try to explain how that happened.

isn't south Dakota one of the states that has done no mandatory stay home and social distance? sounds like the response right htere

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 04:33 PM

I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but hospitals and clinics are starting to furlough staff around here. Very few cases and they aren't taking any other medical cases unless it's an emergency.

It does make you wonder if most of what the doctors are really having people do is electives even though they can sound serious. I know my parents were getting pushed for more blood work tests due to age and no other reason.

WI is setting up two overflow hospitals, one in Milwaukee and one in Madison, hoping they don't have to be used but fearful after primary voting last week.

I'm wondering where hospital staff is getting furloughed and why your parents are getting pushed for more blood work or any at all, CB#3

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 05:13 PM

My niece works in an outpatient surgical center. She said all elective surgeries have been cancelled. They did work one day last week on 'urgent' issues. She was a bit nervous, but said all protocols were used and she felt very safe.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Skittles
My niece works in an outpatient surgical center. She said all elective surgeries have been cancelled. They did work one day last week on 'urgent' issues. She was a bit nervous, but said all protocols were used and she felt very safe.

Same here, Skittles.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 08:38 PM

We've sent out homemade face masks to all of our retail bankers (in 15 states). I haven't heard anything about refusing service to someone with a mask yet. We did it because our retail bankers were expressing fear and a desire for masks. After getting getting my temp checked, answering a few questions, and being handed a mask to get into the building to see my orthopedic surgeon this morning, I don't know how people can stand wearing those things all day. I sort of got used to it after a few minutes, but glad I don't need one at work. I laughed when I saw my reflection - between the mask, my glasses, and a newsboy cap, I looked awesome....

On a slightly worse note - I have a high school friend who is in ICU on a ventilator (think he's at Day 10 or 11 now). He's a hospital RN with obvious chance of exposure, all the COVID symptoms, and has been tested 3 times - all tests have come back negative. They told his wife there's a 30% false negative rate on the tests and they're still assuming that's what this is, although after draining his lungs over the weekend and testing the fluid, he has bacterial pneumonia. I'd have thought it would be viral. Even with a 30% chance of false negative, you'd think 3 tries would get a positive? All I really know is that Bill is in really bad shape and he's too young to die.

One friend had an elective surgery canceled. Another blew his knee in the surf and had it repaired 2 weeks ago. There were 3 of us at the ortho surg this morning when I was there. No clue what the others were there for - I needed to have a cast taken off my wrist which was "necessary" in my world.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/13/20 08:38 PM

^^^^ Regarding those retail bankers - they work in Walmart. No drive-thru.
Posted By: #12

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/14/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by HappyGilmore

isn't south Dakota one of the states that has done no mandatory stay home and social distance? sounds like the response right htere

South Dakota doesn't have mandatory stay at home or social distancing state wide. However, some individual counties have put those measures in place. Even with a stay home order, Smithfield was designated as an essential business, so any stay home order wouldn't have affected them. The plant is now closed until further notice. I agree they probably didn't handle things the way they should have there, but don't lump all of us South Dakotans together. Some of us are smart enough to stay home without the government telling us to...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/14/20 04:41 PM

no lumping intended, just saying that their response is they followed orders, or lack thereof, form state government. what other response would be required?
Posted By: Inherent_Risk

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/14/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by #12

South Dakota doesn't have mandatory stay at home or social distancing state wide. However, some individual counties have put those measures in place. Even with a stay home order, Smithfield was designated as an essential business, so any stay home order wouldn't have affected them. The plant is now closed until further notice. I agree they probably didn't handle things the way they should have there, but don't lump all of us South Dakotans together. Some of us are smart enough to stay home without the government telling us to...

A stay at home order certainly would have affected them. Essential employees contacts in the community would have been singificantly decreased, and those they came in contact with would have been in contact with significantly fewer people, and so on. Just because an outbreak happens at an essential service doesn't mean it would have happened regardless of better mitigation. That's not how mitigation works. The chances of these things happening are SIGNFICANTLY increased due to inaction at many levels (state/federal/local/corporate/management).
Posted By: #12

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/14/20 09:15 PM

Ok, I should have known just to stay out of the discussion as I usually do. I see what you're saying about the stay at home order. I agree that there should have been a stay at home order issued. As of today, our governor has still not issued one. She just requests that people stay home. A lot of people follow the request, some do not. The town I live in has closed all restaurants, fitness centers, and entertainment places.

Just to update the numbers in case anyone is interested, out of South Dakota's 988 cases, 438 of them are employees of Smithfield, and 107 additional are connected to those Smithfield employees.

Have a good day everyone...stay safe and healthy!

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/15/20 03:53 PM

Good thing the WWE is essential in FL crazy

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/15/20 04:44 PM

WI is setting up two overflow hospitals, one in Milwaukee and one in Madison, hoping they don't have to be used but fearful after primary voting last week.

I'm wondering where hospital staff is getting furloughed and why your parents are getting pushed for more blood work or any at all, CB#3

Midwestern states. Cases are very few. The larger cities are where the majority of the issues have been. Towns of 20,000 and under really have very few cases of COVID-19, so with no electives, clinics and hospitals are prepped for the pandemic, but there is no work.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/15/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Inherent_Risk
Originally Posted by #12

A stay at home order certainly would have affected them. Essential employees contacts in the community would have been singificantly decreased, and those they came in contact with would have been in contact with significantly fewer people, and so on. Just because an outbreak happens at an essential service doesn't mean it would have happened regardless of better mitigation. That's not how mitigation works. The chances of these things happening are SIGNFICANTLY increased due to inaction at many levels (state/federal/local/corporate/management).

Why is Michigan Top 5 for cases? Strictest stay at home policy. If I read correctly, Michigan doesn't even let people buy non-essential items.

In the case of Smithfield, it would have had very little impact. An essential plant paying bonuses for showing up for work. Multi-generational living situations. The case numbers would be the same.
Posted By: Inherent_Risk

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/15/20 05:43 PM

Are you asking why a stay-at-home order issued last week didn't slow the spread prior to its implementation? Testing numbers are going to lag the actual transmission by 1-2 weeks, so the number of cases coming out now are giving you the story of what was happening two weeks ago. The number of deaths for the situation a week or 2 before that.

https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...es-more-coronavirus-cases-than-ohio.html

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/15/20 08:08 PM

As of today in NY are now required to wear masks in public.

I will now lock my car after it is stolen.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/15/20 08:13 PM

Remotely, of course.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by edAudit

Exactly....Now is not a good time to be living anywhere in NY.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 05:19 PM

Exactly....Now is not a good time to be living anywhere in NY.

LOL! Was there ever a good time to live there? wink

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 06:23 PM

I'm going to be "that person" right now and tell you guys a quick story. On April 1st, my friend Bill was healthy, working, living life, loving his wife and kids. On April 2nd, he suddenly felt bad. On April 15th, Bill died on a ventilator after his lungs were so full of fluid that he basically drowned in an ICU bed. I've been getting the daily updates on how he was doing. He didn't live in NYC. He was a nurse in a big hospital, taking all the precautions he could take, and now he's dead. I wonder if, on April 1st, Bill wondered if his Will was up to date and thought he should check it. I wonder if I should check mine while I feel fine.

Joke about this virus all you want. If it wants to kill you, there's nothing that's going to stop it and you're not going to get much warning.
Posted By: doodles

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 06:28 PM

So sorry for the loss of your friend. It is a frightening situation and so hard on family and friends that are unable to be with them during their hospitalization or with them to say goodbye when the time comes. I have nurses in the family and one of them (on the young side) just recovered from the virus and is once again back in the line of duty and the other is an ICU nurse with a toddler at home so it is stressful to say the least.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by doodles
So sorry for the loss of your friend. It is a frightening situation and so hard on family and friends that are unable to be with them during their hospitalization or with them to say goodbye when the time comes. I have nurses in the family and one of them (on the young side) just recovered from the virus and is once again back in the line of duty and the other is an ICU nurse with a toddler at home so it is stressful to say the least.

The best they could do was hook up a FaceTime session so his wife could see him and talk to him Tuesday night while he was sedated and on a ventilator. I hope that gave her some closure, but I know she wasn't willing to say goodbye at that point. I don't know if giving them a FaceTime session is standard or if they made an exception because he worked at the hospital.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 06:54 PM

I'm so sorry Pippi! This has to be incredibly difficult for everyone.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 07:29 PM

HMS Pippii:

So very sorry for your loss. This virus is no joke:(

Stay well everyone.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/16/20 08:03 PM

frown

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 10:57 AM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by doodles

The best they could do was hook up a FaceTime session so his wife could see him and talk to him Tuesday night while he was sedated and on a ventilator. I hope that gave her some closure, but I know she wasn't willing to say goodbye at that point. I don't know if giving them a FaceTime session is standard or if they made an exception because he worked at the hospital.

Hospitals in my area have been accepting ipads for patient communications with family members. The local school district donated a bunch of what they called expired ipads.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 03:24 PM

My bank donated 400 iPads to at least one major hospital - they're perfectly good devices, but have been taken out of use at the bank because of consistency for frontline devices and were fortunately still in our warehouse. I can't think of another situation where family isn't allowed to be there with their loved one.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 05:46 PM

Not much of a concern, but I also don't really want to call it "benefits" to seem insensitive either as the state of what's going on is horrible but...

I am really enjoying the lack of traffic going into work, especially since I drive a manual. My old 7 mile commute would usually take 40mins-1hr. This is what I imagine Los Angeles was like in the 40s or 50s. The office is mostly empty too. It's quiet and peaceful, minus the therapeutic click clacking of my mechanical keyboard (think IBM Model M from the 80s). Being at home more gives me more time to spend with my family, and coming up with innovative ways to stay connected to friends and family has been fun (online gaming, virtual happy hour, Facetiming and watching Netflix). My cooking skills have also been improving too since only unhealthy fast food places are open currently near me.

I hope to not offend anyone with sharing my thoughts, I urge everyone to enjoy the little things while we are still able to. Furthermore, I just want to view things from the perspective of the glass being half full and hopefully spread some positivity. Thanks for reading and take care! smile

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 08:13 PM

Great perspective Florist!

I'm going to try and find some new positives that have arisen because of the current crisis.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 10:17 PM

My favorite positive is that my commute involves a flight of stairs and I haven't worn shoes to work for 5 weeks and 2 days. It's really lovely to lose the 45 minute commute each way. I feel like I retired except that I'm still working and have an exam in process.

It's also REALLY nice to roll out of bed and be online in 10 minutes (or to not roll out of bed, grab the phone, and get up when I can no longer get everything done on my phone)

Discovering that I can play with the grandson on FaceTime while he aims his iPad at the screen where he's playing MineCraft, and I can make all the appropriate comments while reading a book.

I'm still laughing at one of my indirect reports who wasn't paying attention to her boyfriend in his boxers who was sitting behind her during an exam WebEx meeting until he got up, scratched, and wandered out of the room... really sure that won't happen twice, but it was funny AF in the moment.

As someone said, "Stay safe. Stay sane. Stay the F away from me."
Posted By: mtngrrl

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/17/20 11:38 PM

I'm still laughing at one of my indirect reports who wasn't paying attention to her boyfriend in his boxers who was sitting behind her during an exam WebEx meeting until he got up, scratched, and wandered out of the room... really sure that won't happen twice, but it was funny AF in the moment.

OMG! That's hysterical! And at the same time would make me completely panicky! Hopefully there were no examiners on the call, and no confidential information was being discussed.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/19/20 01:26 PM

That is a great idea but make sure that the donated devices were wiped of customer information otherwise you will have other issues.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 12:43 PM

I'm at the office everyday, as usual, but the drive in is much quieter. And so is the office. But have been on 8 hour/day conference calls on new platform build for a week with two more full ones to go and that is taxing under any circumstances. crazy

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 01:02 PM

Sorry to hear but as per other social media sites only the teachers have it difficult (even worse than the medical profession). Your normal day is nothing as compared to what they face during these trying times. eek

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by mtngrrl

OMG! That's hysterical! And at the same time would make me completely panicky! Hopefully there were no examiners on the call, and no confidential information was being discussed.

There were examiners... fortunately, nothing confidential was being discussed because he didn't show until he stood up. I was happily on mute and the person talking was busy looking at his other monitor and didn't notice it. #remoteexams

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear but as per other social media sites only the teachers have it difficult (even worse than the medical profession). Your normal day is nothing as compared to what they face during these trying times. eek

My teacher friends are tearing their hair out trying to function in this environment. Not all heroes wear capes.
Posted By: RR Sarah

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 03:57 PM

Teachers here are hopping on the buses that take noon meals to the kids that probably aren't getting hot meals during the shutdown. Won't hear me say a bad word about them!

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 04:19 PM

In 6 weeks my daughter heard from her teacher twice.but I am sure that she is busy with lesson plans and grading online classes and administrative stuff (not a sarcasm font) but like banks they needed to be prepared for this prior to the pandemic. They are not on buses here as the few who qualify are required to pick up at the schools. In my neighborhood they are constantly complaining that they are working harder than the rest of us which is doubtful. I am also sure that it would be different in different areas of the country but not in my community.

The real hero's of this in my area are the forgotten workers: the grocery store worker, pharmacy workers truck drivers, IT support, utility workers and many many more all doing what they do without proper training and supplies to deal with the virus.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/20/20 07:32 PM

I agree, there are many more hero's besides the healthcare workers. Not shooting them down here, just saying that others are valuable too.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/21/20 10:51 AM

Yeah for utility workers!

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/21/20 12:11 PM

now the planning to unwind the remote workers and slowly migrate them back into the office becomes the focus...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/22/20 05:42 PM

Free gratitude cards from Hallmark for you to send to those essential workers in your life. Only while supplies last! Hope it's not against the rules to share this link here.

https://greetings.hallmark.com/careenough/

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/27/20 02:27 PM

Remote workers around here are getting surveys from their companies about their level of comfort with returning to the office or whether they'd like to continue to work remotely. Now that it's been proven that they can function efficiently remotely, a lot of businesses are considering reducing their brick and mortar footprint and saving all that overhead.

I also heard an interesting analysis of the progression of the Covid response this morning. First there was Triage. Now we're in Transition which will be followed by Transformation, or what the reporter called the New Abnormal.
Posted By: TMatt87

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/27/20 03:09 PM

We won't necessarily reduce our physical presence, as we still believe in the branch model in our rural areas in particular, but we have been forced to utilize some of the technology that has been available to us, but the older staff has been reluctant to use until now. Now that everyone has a taste of some of the more efficient processes, I hope there's no going back.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/27/20 06:49 PM

Remote workers around here are getting surveys from their companies about their level of comfort with returning to the office or whether they'd like to continue to work remotely. Now that it's been proven that they can function efficiently remotely, a lot of businesses are considering reducing their brick and mortar footprint and saving all that overhead.

I also heard an interesting analysis of the progression of the Covid response this morning. First there was Triage. Now we're in Transition which will be followed by Transformation, or what the reporter called the New Abnormal.

It is nice that your company is willing to listen to the employees. Hopeful they will act based upon what they have learned.

As for the the "analysis of the progression of the Covid" that is just reporter speak and not based upon any scientific facts and even if they can stretch it it would only be locally correct as some areas are still putting out numbers that no one wants. What is happening in Montana (for example) is not what is happening in NY or CA.New cases are popping up every day here.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/27/20 06:57 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cel...aiser-with-autographed-masks/ar-BB13cf8H

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/27/20 10:19 PM

The Triage/Transition/Transformation analysis wasn't meant to have anything to do with numbers or scientific facts, ed.
It was simply an attempt at labeling the stages that people are going through.
Most of the country is coming out of the Triage stage and facing the concerns of phasing back into work and opening business, etc. which the reporter labeled as Transition. Where we end up when the shelter at home orders are all lifted will undoubtedly be a Transformation from what existed before.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/27/20 11:22 PM

Other than our frontlines, the majority of us are working from home. Fortunately, we have the technology to do it easily. My department got a lot of practice over the winter because we didn't see any point in driving in snow and ice. Last week, we (the business unit directors) were asked to survey our staff and then rate our effectiveness on working remotely, things we've learned, things we'd rather not have learned the hard way, and ultimately if we're dead in the water to working more effectively from home (scale of 1 to 10, please explain). Personally, my life has changed for the better in a remote situation. I still see my team on video, talk to them daily, meetings are normal, and for the love of all that's good and holy? We're starting week 4 of our 5 week safety and soundness exam (includes compliance and BSA and HMDA validation to get a headstart on 2021 CRA). We're remote. The OCC is remote. This is the smoothest exam, so far, of my entire 40+ year career. I feel like we've lost all of the BS meetings that people felt the need to schedule, trimmed it to the important meetings, we've reduced our carbon footprint since most of us have long commutes, my car is currently sitting at 7 weeks per gallon - and I don't want to go back to the office. I want to pick up my personal stuff some Saturday, but beyond that? This is awesome purely from a work standpoint (the rest sucks a lot). I will kick hard about being required to return to the office. We share one ladies room and one men's room with the entire 3rd floor of a 34 story office building. We 'lovingly' refer to the facilities as the truck stop. The breakroom is a little better since it's contained in our office suite (of approximately 50 people). My friends? I don't want to go back...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 01:22 PM

Triage/Transition/Transformation analysis was developed for Advocacy Discourse in Urban School Reform (it has nothing to do with Covid-19) and is just a lone reporters way to describe what they think is going on with the covid issue based upon no facts or how we as a country is going to move on.It even misses the identification stage. Each state will rely on what the governor is planning to do.
Even worse it minimizes what people are going through.
Keep the reporters out of healthcare.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 02:57 PM

reporters want everyone to go back so their can be a wave 2 of cases and they can then report what a terrible job the government has done allowing people to go get sick...

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 03:17 PM

reporters want everyone to go back so their can be a wave 2 of cases and they can then report what a terrible job the government has done allowing people to go get sick...

^^^^^
This, it is so obvious.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 03:21 PM

Every time i see "reporters" talking about this issue, what i actually see is medical people warning about easing restrictions too quickly. I guess the "reporters" should muzzle them.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 03:52 PM

Triage/Transition/Transformation analysis was developed for Advocacy Discourse in Urban School Reform (it has nothing to do with Covid-19) and is just a lone reporters way to describe what they think is going on with the covid issue based upon no facts or how we as a country is going to move on.It even misses the identification stage. Each state will rely on what the governor is planning to do.
Even worse it minimizes what people are going through.
Keep the reporters out of healthcare.

While we are at it, let's keep the government out of healthcare too.

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 04:08 PM

While we are at it, let's keep the government out of healthcare too.

yes
Posted By: Pale Rider

Re: CV Concerns? - 04/28/20 07:09 PM

Why don't we just all do that herd immuno stuff!