Cleabatsu's is open

Posted By: Retired DQ

Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:30 PM

Well, since I am home and apparently did not bring enough work to occupy my whole day, I am hereby opening the bar.
The bar now has a virtual bartender, TINY, who is on duty all of the time, whenever you need him. Until Mr C decides to return to his former position as bartender, TINY will be taking care of everything.
Any objections from the regulars???

Now, since i am not really working anymore, I think I will have a Tanqueray on the rocks with several LARGE OLIVES to bean those single guys over there on the Couch! Bombs away!
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:32 PM

Let the party begin!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:36 PM

You're the best Maria, I was just complaining in the couch that the bar wasnt' open and I was ready to party! I think I'll have a roasted toasted almond, it's been a bad week! What song shall I play on the box, I'm in the mood to dance, Dan, will you join me or are you still afraid you'll hurt your toe again.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:38 PM

Pam, do you remember the alternate name for that roasted toasted almond??

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:39 PM

I do (LMAO) and I recall it was our good friend Mr. C who pointed that out to us! Boy I miss him around here.
Posted By: trinna

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:42 PM

Hooray! I could use a drink! Let's see um.... maybe just a nice, cold beer to start. Thanks, Tiny.
Posted By: Queen Mum

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:43 PM

Well, since I am still in Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet, I will have a Caffeine-Free Diet Coke. (Down 9 pounds though!)

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:45 PM

Way to go Boomermom! I'll get that limo back and we'll take a ride to celebrate. We'll drive by Mr. C's and see if he's around and we'll pick him up. If not, it's just us girls for a fun night out!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:45 PM

Hi trinia & Boomer, how's it going? Hey kansayaku, I didn't notice what you were drinking??
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:49 PM

Maria - I will take a bottled water please to wash down the 5th salad I have had for lunch this week
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:51 PM

I would gladly take a kahlua and cream; but as I avoid alcohol I think I better stick with my evian and lime. You know I'm the designated driver.
Posted By: cshot

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:51 PM

I'll have a tall bloody mary with 3 garlic stuffed olives to start. Can you accomodate that?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:52 PM

Dave, how the heck are you man? Haven't talked to you in awhile. Have you given up drinking completely?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:52 PM

Quote:

Maria - I will take a bottled water please to wash down the 5th salad I have had for lunch this week

Dave, honey, I am glad to see that you are being a good boy with your diet. I'll get you the first water, because I am both empathetic and sympathetic to your dieting. Here you go.
And here is an extra large olive, because they do not have cholesterol.
And now, I want you to say after me: Tiny is the bartender, Tiny is the bartender!
Posted By: HRH Dawnie

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:55 PM

I'm still suffering the effects of St. Patties night so make mine a gingerale please. Oh and a bottle of olives...I'm waiting for Fraud Pup
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 07:56 PM

Tiny, I'll take my usual, an ice cold Killian's. I've got to get that olive-dodging stagger going before I lose an eye...

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:00 PM

Launchin'! Dawg, don't move, I've got you pegged!

Dawnie, that's pretty bad, St Patty's was Wednesday!
Posted By: obx nut

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:07 PM

Since it's my birthday....and a milestone one at that....I'll take a Killians, please.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:08 PM

Do NOT let Dawnie hog the olives! And Maria, I didn't see Tiny so I figured I would rely on your kindness. And Pizzaz - I am fine, how are you? I am allowing myself to have an occasional glass of red wine, but yeah, I guess I am going to try to get healthy (although I thought I already was aside from the smoking - for 41, I am a heckuva lot more lively and active than others I know at that age, but it's those darn insides!) I will say, aside from the lung burn (because next week is out the smokes down week - this week was put the pizza down week), I played 40 minutes of non-stop soccer last night because our subs did not show up, and I definitely felt more energy without all that meat and cheese and potatoes which would normally be slowing me down!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:13 PM

Happy birthday, obx nut! Hey Tiny, the nut's drink is on me!
Posted By: Rocky P

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:22 PM

Cliff Claven on the Buffalo Theory
(Thought this would fit in here!)

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this...A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members."
>
"In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:24 PM

Ohhh Rocky, how very clever of you to post that! LOL!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:28 PM

Quick Tiny! Five more beers please! I have a lot of work to do!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:52 PM

OK, where the heck are Jeremy and Elena????? Oh no, I think I may have started a new BOL rumor. LOL Just kidding guys...
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:53 PM

I'm not a beer drinker, so may I have a glass of wine. Or how about a Absolut Mandarin and cranberry juice. Actually, that sounds quite yummy.
Posted By: Walleye Woman

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 08:54 PM

I was wondering the same thing, Elena is usually here by now. Tiny, serve me up a cold Coors Light. Maria, do you like my picture? It took a little tweaking and lots of patience on Michelle's part but we got it back.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:17 PM

Quote:

Launchin'! Dawg, don't move, I've got you pegged!

OW! (It took a while for that olive to get across the room ). Do you freeze those things???

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:21 PM

I'm half Irish and half Scott Maria, we don't party on the light side

Actually I think the green wine was the killer. A bottle of white and I'm fine, bottle of red, little headache...green.....oh dear me

But the good news is...I've recovered through the magic power of ANNOYING PEOPLE!!!! Get me a cosmo QUICK! I want to kill someone
Posted By: CRAatBOK

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:30 PM

I am new here and don't know what Cleabatsu's is but it sounds like a good time. I would love a Margarita on the rocks with salt please.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:32 PM

Dawnie you would have to be half Irish and half Scot to be sturdy enough stock to take the long, cold Alaskan winters! Brrrrr! I would love to visit there someday but when does it get warmer? I'm used to cold temperatures myself but I think if I were vacationing I would like the temperature to be above 18 degrees!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:34 PM

18 is balmy silly Trinia LOL Actually in the summer it gets up to 90 (that's plus, not minus) We stay in the high 60's and mid 70's 24 hours a day in July and August since the sun never goes down to cool the world off. I'll have a room ready
Posted By: Okie Dokie

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:36 PM

Quote:

I would love a Margarita on the rocks with salt please.

I'll have what she's having.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:39 PM

Quote:

I would love a Margarita on the rocks with salt please.

Nah, I think you got the hang of it! There is a user on BOL who started a thread where he would serve the best in virtual drinks. He goes by the moniker "Mr.Clean". Later, he "partnered" up with zaibatsu, BOL's "King of Judicious Posting" and resident University of Texas fan (hey, we can't all be perfect ). Hence, we have the name "Cleabatsu's", a place where you can unwind, have a virtual beverage, shoot pool, listen to music, and, if you are a female, throw olives at men. Cleabatsu's is open anytime someone starts a Cleabatsu's thread in the Watercooler.

How was that, fellow Cleabatsu's patrons?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:43 PM

Dawnie - does it ever get humid when it's 90? 70's sounds good - actually perfect! My husband wants to hunt grizzly so I may actually make it there someday! Can't wait! (And yes, we'll eat the meat in case any of you posters to the "how do I look" post are lurking around. )

(I like your green bear, Angie! )

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:43 PM

Dawg, I couldn't have said it better myself! Bravo! Now that you're here KCGEOQueen, you'll never leave!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:44 PM

Wow, this is great. Throwing olives is something I could get into, as long as I get to eat a few, preferably soaked in vodka. I am excited about getting to know all of you. So far I have read some pretty interesting stuff. Whoever said Compliance/CRA types are boring never met this group. Of couse I know we are not.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:45 PM

Grizzly hunt back, it'll be a fair fight.

It's never humid here. Alaska is a VERY dry state (well the air is dry, the bars are not). As we say when it's 45 below...it's a dry cold....

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:47 PM

Quote:

Wow, this is great. Throwing olives is something I could get into, as long as I get to eat a few, preferably soaked in vodka. I am excited about getting to know all of you. So far I have read some pretty interesting stuff. Whoever said Compliance/CRA types are boring never met this group. Of couse I know we are not.

You got that right Paula. Welcome, you'll be glad you came.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:49 PM

Quote:

Just so you know, Paula - they even allow non-compliance people in to liven up the joint! And while I welcome you as well with open arms - you must know that there is a serious waiting list for the olives!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:51 PM

What if I go to Sam's and pick up one of those really large jars of olives. We girls could go to town.
Posted By: TTC Queen

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:53 PM

Thanks for the explanation. I also am new and have been unwinding quietly with the other patrons. Now--Tiny, may I have a jack rocks, please?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:53 PM

Welcome KCGQ, I see another addition to the "wench" group - Olive Wench?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:54 PM

Just so you know KC, Dave is the best target for olive throwin', right Elena? He can throw 'em back pretty good though so watch out.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation. I also am new and have been unwinding quietly with the other patrons. Now--Tiny, may I have a jack rocks, please?

Welcome to BOL and Cleabatsu's. By the way, I like your tagline!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:56 PM

And KC - I don't want olives to be a "girl's" thing! I will have to put my picture back up temporarily so I can define the olive kingdom for men!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:57 PM

I will split the olive's cost with you. My aim needs practice, though.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 09:59 PM

Thanks. I use it in Training classes.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:01 PM

Quote:

I will split the olive's cost with you. My aim needs practice, though.

OK Dave, it's already a "girl thing"....

I am glad you are all having a great time. And BTW, a big welcome to our new friends. This is the stress relief virtual bar.

Oh, and Dawg, they are frozen...

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:03 PM

Frozen and with or without pits?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:04 PM

Quote:

Frozen and with or without pits?

Of course, dear, "with pits". they pack a harder punch, right boys??

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:06 PM

Not frozen and no pits - soft, squishy, red pimentos, and soaked nicely in gin!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:06 PM

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing, Elena is usually here by now. Tiny, serve me up a cold Coors Light. Maria, do you like my picture? It took a little tweaking and lots of patience on Michelle's part but we got it back.

BTW Marilyn, is that the same dead fish that Dan is carrying around???

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:07 PM

Have a great weekend everybody! (As I pick an olive from my hair.) Lookout! I believe Elena must have been kidnapped by pirates or is looking for a buccaneer (sp?)crew out of Tortuga because she has disinclined to acquiesce to your request for her presence!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:08 PM

Quote:

And KC - I don't want olives to be a "girl's" thing! I will have to put my picture back up temporarily so I can define the olive kingdom for men!

Well, see, Cub, it always seems that it is always the guys dodging the olives and the women throwing them. The thing is, though, I hate olives, so I am perfectly willing to use them as ammunition.
Posted By: Atilla

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:09 PM

Good idea Boomermom. I too am on the Southbeach diet and down 24lb since Jan. I have found the beer(even Mich Ultra) really plays havoc with the diet but hard liquor doesn't seem to be as bad. SO I'll have a Captain Morgan and Diet Coke! Thanks Tiny!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:14 PM

Quote:

Good idea Boomermom. I too am on the Southbeach diet and down 24lb since Jan. I have found the beer(even Mich Ultra) really plays havoc with the diet but hard liquor doesn't seem to be as bad. SO I'll have a Captain Morgan and Diet Coke! Thanks Tiny!

Ooooh, Atilla? Not Attila? C'mon, he was one of my heroes... Welcome...

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:15 PM

Maria, if you will look closely, my fish is a walleye and Dan's appears to be a bass, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. If you look even closer, you will see that I have a death grip on the thing because I was scared to death that it was going to flop around and I'd drop it - then it probably would have ended up dead. Then I would have had to eat the darn thing.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:19 PM

Quote:

Maria, if you will look closely, my fish is a walleye and Dan's appears to be a bass, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. If you look even closer, you will see that I have a death grip on the thing because I was scared to death that it was going to flop around and I'd drop it - then it probably would have ended up dead. Then I would have had to eat the darn thing.

I can't say anything but "yum"!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:20 PM

I just wanted to pop in incognito and fire a barrage of olives at the "wenches". You know who you are...right Dawnie? hehe.

Dawnie, there's still a little olive "stuff" on your shoulder.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:21 PM

I swear that was not me, Dawnie!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:23 PM

Quote:

I just wanted to pop in incognito and fire a barrage of olives at the "wenches". You know who you are...right Dawnie? hehe.

Dawnie, there's still a little olive "stuff" on your shoulder.

Hmmm... I just wonder... Dave?... are you still "Behave Dave"?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:25 PM

Hey now - I've never been anonymous. Besides, I won't shy away from getting olive yuck on any of ya girlies!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:30 PM

Where the heck is Elena? Hmmmm, where the heck did everybody go? Dave, didn't mean to set you up for the fall there....That wasn't Dave. (insert evil laugh here).

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:33 PM

No problem - Jeremy.
Posted By: Atilla

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:40 PM

No Atilla is right....it's a long story.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:44 PM

Quote:

BTW Marilyn, is that the same dead fish that Dan is carrying around???

Marilyn, I think our little devil Maria has an obsesion for dead fish, what do you think?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:46 PM

I would say so. I could probably find a frozen one somewhere that we could send to her, unfortunately it's not in my freezer.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:51 PM

You blew my cover, man!! Dangit!! Hope you guys had a good day and I really hope you have a great weekend. Seeeeya!!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 10:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well, see, Cub, it always seems that it is always the guys dodging the olives and the women throwing them. The thing is, though, I hate olives, so I am perfectly willing to use them as ammunition.

Hey, toss away, as long as you can get them in my mouth. Never want to waste a good olive. Besides, if you do miss, the olive oil is good for the wentches' skin.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:01 PM

I smell Dawgies!!!!

Maria...get me a jar of something messier...How about those little pink cherries? They'd leave poka dots on puppies shoulder Muhahahahhahahhaha
Posted By: BettyBoop

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:17 PM

It's been a long day, how about a nice frozen margarita.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:20 PM

I think we should set up some nice hot toddies for all of those in the Northeast. I am sure they will appreciate them after they get their snow men built.
Posted By: Citrus

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:25 PM

Now that I've found out I'll be at work late into the night and tomorrow, plus possibly Sunday, preparing for a mandatory training, I'd like to request from Tiny a Pepto-Bismol. . . . .

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:36 PM

Quote:

Now that I've found out I'll be at work late into the night and tomorrow, plus possibly Sunday, preparing for a mandatory training, I'd like to request from Tiny a Pepto-Bismol. . . . .

Well I will be here late working on a revised Strategic Plan. Maybe we can have a pick-me-up later. How late does the virtual bartender stay?

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:39 PM

I don't know how late it's open, but I'm snaggin' a few toothpicks from the bar in order to prop my eyes open later.
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/19/04 11:52 PM

Quote:

I would say so. I could probably find a frozen one somewhere that we could send to her, unfortunately it's not in my freezer.

Frozen???? Send it fresh, that way it'd have just about the right smell when it got there. BTW, send it to her office.

10 more minutes and I can go get a real drink!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/20/04 01:09 AM

Quote:

I don't know how late it's open, but I'm snaggin' a few toothpicks from the bar in order to prop my eyes open later.

I don't know how late either but I am giving up. I just finished the analysis and graphs I was working on and just don't have the heart or energy to start something new. No 12 hour day today.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/20/04 01:20 AM

I'm glad someone is hanging out with me (despite the fact that it's only due to overtime) I'm always drinking alone after about 3 here due to Alaskan time zones.

I FINALLY finished my presentation for LA 2 mins ago and now I'm off to finish a quilt (bank project) and 6 pillows (yup the bank again). If you want to throw olives at one of my quilts look at page 11 of our annual report

http://www.fnbalaska.com/library/LR03ARsec3.pdf

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/20/04 01:26 AM

Well I am going to go home and play with my kitty cats. See you next week on line.
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/21/04 05:41 AM

Don't pay the ransom (seems I've said that before... ) I wish I had been wisked off to Tortuga by my man Johnny (not sure how Larry would feel about that ), but, alas, just a crazy life right now. Not a bad crazy, just crazy. It's nice to be missed though. Everyone have a safe weekend and hopefully I'll be around a little more next week.
Peace Out!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 12:34 AM

Sunday night and 7pm - I'm outta here!! Thanks for the Pepto and toothpicks, Tiny! (I did toss some olives at the janitor - that was fun!)

[Aww, I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning! - Don't worry, I'm gonna get my time back - I plan to take off early next week or so to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom in downtown DC! (www.nationalcherryblossom.com)]

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 01:49 PM

Hey Gang:
It's early Monday morning and I check my e-mail and my boss sends me this nasto e-mail and really sent my weekend down the drain already. Soooooo, I'm just going to sit in Dave's chair and cry in my beer by myself. Although reading the posts from when I checked out Friday made me laugh so thanks!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 01:56 PM

Geez Pam, what's up with the nastygrams today? I received one from our Director of Marketing as a response to my website review...
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 02:04 PM

Isn't it amazing how one e-mail can bring you down. When I returned from the ABA conference last week I was all pumped up to use the new information I had learned. I had one e-mail from an SVP and it just totally turned me around. I think I'm back on track now, though.

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 02:19 PM

I know, I come into work all pumped for a good week and wham-o, instant bad mood because of him..... Anyway, it's good to know I'm not alone, at least we all appreciate each other!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 02:20 PM

Quote:

Geez Pam, what's up with the nastygrams today? I received one from our Director of Marketing as a response to my website review...

Well LOL on me! He just came in with the real memo, he was just pulling my chain. Go figure, he said he had everyone hysterical on Friday when he circulated it in my absence. I did warn him about paybacks!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 02:22 PM

That's good Maria, I'm glad he was joking with you. Tell him next time he messes with you, he's gonna get a visit from a ticked off b*%ch from Boston!

Re: Cleabatsu's is open - 03/22/04 03:25 PM

Quote:

That's good Maria, I'm glad he was joking with you. Tell him next time he messes with you, he's gonna get a visit from a ticked off b*%ch from Boston!

Thanks Pam, I am sorry that yours was not a jest.