Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here

Posted By: zaibatsu

Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/01/04 10:13 PM

Hey, today, Cleabatsu's is the bar where you hung out in college. So, tell me what is going on in here (other than frat-boys throwing up in the corner).
Posted By: RR Jen

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/01/04 10:22 PM

Dancing! I need a Mich Ultra before I run out the door please!

Thanks Z
Posted By: TTC Queen

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/01/04 10:31 PM

Trying to decide what is real and what is April Fools.
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/01/04 10:33 PM

Buying drinks for the hot sorority girls!
Posted By: MISS VIDA BOEM

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 12:10 AM

Hot sorotity girls?! What about a nice, middle-aged mother of two?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 12:16 AM

Oops! I guess this nice middle-ager can't spell. Sorry.
Posted By: zaibatsu

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 12:44 AM

Its ok, your spelling gets better with the drinks here. That is, the more I drink, the better your spelling gets.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 12:59 AM

I sure hope so! Can I have a Jack Daniels, please?
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Posted By: Retired DQ

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 12:52 PM

Well, if I can recollect my college days... Who wants to play some backgammon? I will kick anyone's butt!

Mr Bartender, may I please have a cocoloco in honor of my pending trip to Mexico? Also, a round to all of my pals who congratulated me earlier this week!
TGIF!
Posted By: Skittles

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 12:53 PM

Maria - don't forget. I'm buying you a round today to celebrate your promotion.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 01:02 PM

Thanks Skittles, ironically enough the paper published today:
Maria KFSB, Vice President/Compliance Officer has been promoted to Assistant Vice President...
LOL!!
Posted By: DEL

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 01:20 PM

Well, we'll have some pitchers of Bud, then take a break for some pinball, then struggle with our consciences over whether to spend next week's toiletry allowance on more pitchers, win the struggle and buy more pitchers, scrounge in our pockets for a few last quarters for pinball, etc.....
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 01:26 PM

What a hoot, Maria! Quick, hang onto something - you're sliding backwards! My Mother, who spent her entire life as the Pastor's secretary, thoroughly believed that I would be President next, when I was promoted to Vice President. She told EVERYONE! I haven't quite lived it down yet. It took quite some doing to convince her otherwise. I'll start with a vodka/tonic with a twist of lime - that lime has vitamin C right?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 01:49 PM

Quote:

Hot sorotity girls?! What about a nice, middle-aged mother of two?

Hey Verbeek - I know you are a new poster, but don't try to disguise typing subliminal messages with being a bad speller, and you are not allowed to list a Poster as one of your "hobbies" (joking on all accounts, of course)

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 01:52 PM

Oh, and Steve better be wearing his OLIVE GREEN SUIT today... I can't wait until he gets here.
Posted By: P*Q

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 01:54 PM

College days? Then I'll take a Rolling Rock (way cheap back then), get plastered and try and walk back to my apartment afterwards and blow off Math class in the morning, therefore obtaining an incomplete for the semester.
Posted By: SMQ, CRCM

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 02:45 PM

Quote:

Maria KFSB, Vice President/Compliance Officer has been promoted to Assistant Vice President...

Soooo, are we to assume that the last ad from Marketing did not pass??? (Course, the next probably won't pass either )

Thanks for the margarita & amaretto. Try one on me, you'll like it.
Posted By: Pup

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 02:55 PM

College means Triathlon (pool, darts, foosball). Mich Ultra for me, please. Have an Irish Coffee ready for Elena, too. She could use one (or six).
Posted By: Skunk Boy

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:23 PM

Ahhhh, college days. I actually worked at a sports bar on campus (and one off of campus). I really hope what went on in that bar is not going on in this bar. All I did was drink on the job and watch TV, stopping only to play lots of euchre.

So can I have a irish coffee this morning to wake me up?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:25 PM

I need some caffeine this morning, I'll try one of those Irish Coffee's.
Posted By: Kansayaku

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:27 PM

Hello All and Happy Friday!

Can I please get a limeade?

Busy season is just beginning and I already need a break.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:30 PM

You guys are breakin' into Elena's stash......Here you go, AT and JLJ. I'm makin' some more. I think I'll have some, too, now that you mention it. Oh, and I got the short-order grill ready to cook, so the eggs and hashbrowns should flow freely. I'm enjoying my 3 eggs over-medium with plenty of pepper and a little salt. Hashbrowns are the same way and my side of wheat toast is sooooo good.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:32 PM

mmmmm, I'm starving. Is there anyway I could get some bacon with the eggs and hashbrowns? Please....
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:32 PM

Lets see, college days (nights) were spent at O'Phelans Pub. How in the world did we knock back enough Long Island Teas to run up a $100 bar bill? Usually we just drank and watched people. Sometimes we went to the local cowboy bar (The Stardust Club) and laughed at the cowboys. (sorry, I was pretty juvenile, and a headbanger to boot!)

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:37 PM

4 strips of bacon comin' right up.....did you want those eggs over medium?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:38 PM

How about scrambled...with cheese?
Posted By: MackenzieS

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:40 PM

Oh the good ol' days from college! Well there would be "flaming Dr. Peppers" if anyone remembers those gasoline tasting drinks....dancing on the tables...car trips to Texas to watch the OU vs TX football games.

Therefore lets start the weekend out right with a Strawberry Margarita (always the girls night out at the Mexican resturaunt favorite! )

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:46 PM

Quote:

How about scrambled...with cheese?

That is my daughter's favorite.....well, add in some ground sausage or diced ham and it's her fave. Comin' right up! Goes well with Irish coffee, eh!
Posted By: Clint,,,,,

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:47 PM

Hi ya,,,Little Devil. I missed your promotional post yesterday, but I guess "better late, than never" is OK.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! YIPPEE-DOODLE,,,,,Maria has broken the "glass ceiling"!!!! Next stop CEO!!!!

Now I'll buy a round for everyone in honor of Maria's promotion. Step right up,,,,,,It's friday and PARTY-TIME!!!!!!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:50 PM

What's goin' on cowboy! How about some bacon and eggs to fill yer belly before headin' back on the trail? Is it too early for your horse to enjoy a cool one?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:52 PM

You should try some Clint, they're really good!

How about another irish coffee before I get back to these loan files?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:53 PM

Quote:

(sorry, I was pretty juvenile, and a headbanger to boot!)

Elena, I'm still a headbanger!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 03:54 PM

One more Irish Coffee (in the BIG mug)....have fun with the loan files.
Posted By: Walleye Woman

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:02 PM

College days, hmmmm, the shag carpet must be sticky from all the beer spilled on it. Maybe that cute guy will ask me to dance. Wonder if I'll get my car home tonight. Give me a pitcher of Miller Lite. Oops, lost myself in the 70's for a minute. I'll take an Irish coffee and pass on the eggs, I had an omelette for breakfast, totally Catholic - mushroom and cheese.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:04 PM

Hiya Clint! How ya doin'?

Thanks for the good wishes and the drink!

5 more hours until vacation... and counting...

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:05 PM

That's right Maria, have a BLAST in Mexico! I'm soooo envious!
Posted By: Angel Eyes

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:08 PM

Well, it has been awhile since I have been able to visit but it all looks the same

Too early in the day for a drink, how about a cup of decaf, black. At least it will help me warm up.

Ah, the good old college days. I spent most of my time on the dance floor, having a blast!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:10 PM

I could probably deep fry some catfish for ya, WalleyWoman. But, here's your Irish Coffee for now. Enjoy. Maria KFSBVP, goin' to Mexico without us. Enjoy your trip anyway. Hablas Espanol?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:12 PM

Ahhhhh, the Wisconsin contingency is here. I lived there for a short time as a child...loved it! Enjoy your coffee. Did you bring those fresh cheese curds for the deep fryer? Aaaaaaaah, cheese curds.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:13 PM

Catfish would be great but I think I'll wait until closer to lunch. Maria, I forgot, have the time of your life and I hope your son enjoys it. That is so neat to take him along.
Posted By: TTC Queen

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:14 PM

Hey Verbeek!! Welcome. Glad to see another Jack partaker. Thought I was the only one.

Watch the olives. Unless Dave is putting some in the eggs!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:16 PM

WW--my cousins all get together annually to go fishing for a long weekend. It all started in Chamberlain, SD on the Mighty, Muddy, Mo and all we catch there is walleye....good stuff.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:18 PM

Quote:

Maria, I forgot, have the time of your life and I hope your son enjoys it. That is so neat to take him along.

Thanks, I just want the little critter to get some culture...

Oh, we had a Sr Vp turn 50 today, and we had a Dancing Cow Singing Telegram show up a little while ago, it was hysterical.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:19 PM

I'm biased but I think walleye is the best whitefish there is. We usually just throw it on the grill with a little butter, lemon pepper and celery salt - yum. I get to go fishing for a week in June on Fort Peck Reservoir and I plan on dining on walleye every night.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:21 PM

You are all making me very hungry!!!!!!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:22 PM

I've been charged with the event this year and I'm looking at Lake of the Ozarks or something in Eastern Oklahoma. Last year we went to Lake McConaughy, Nebraska....grew up going to that lake!! I have to keep in mind, though, that the cousins who pull the boats live in Denver.....hmmmmm what to do? Enjoy your fishing trip and inhale a couple walleye for me.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:26 PM

Quote:

Watch out what you wish (fish) for! Be careful opening any packages delivered to you.
Posted By: hmdagal

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:26 PM

Quote:

Ahhhhh, the Wisconsin contingency is here. I lived there for a short time as a child...loved it! Enjoy your coffee. Did you bring those fresh cheese curds for the deep fryer? Aaaaaaaah, cheese curds.

Cheese curds are best when eaten fresh - they squeek when you eat them. Of course, fried aren't bad either.

As long as I'm here, can I have a long island iced tea? I think I need some caffeine today.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:27 PM

Busted!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:31 PM

Quote:

I've been charged with the event this year and I'm looking at Lake of the Ozarks or something in Eastern Oklahoma. Last year we went to Lake McConaughy, Nebraska....grew up going to that lake!! I have to keep in mind, though, that the cousins who pull the boats live in Denver.....hmmmmm what to do? Enjoy your fishing trip and inhale a couple walleye for me.

I will definitely enjoy the trip, we're taking our new fifth wheel camper and the cell phone reception is terrible so it will be nice and quiet.

You should try Glendo Reservoir, it's a good walleye lake and is about 80 miles east of Casper, Wyoming. Just a short trip for the Denver cousins.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:31 PM

Thanks! I normally partake in something a little less.... well you know, but some days.....

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Watch out what you wish (fish) for! Be careful opening any packages delivered to you.

Well, if I see a postmark from either Indiana (Right, Dan?) or Wyoming, I 'll just put it in the fridge...

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:34 PM

But that is a LONG trip for this Oklahoma boy!! I was charged with this year's event because I complained about the drive I've had to make every year. It sounds nice, though. And, I could take my motorcycle through the Black Hills to get there.....hmmmmmmmm. Thanks for the tip!

One Long Island Iced Tea coming up! Squeeky cheese is okay, but as a kid, I didn't like it fresh....it had to be fried!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:39 PM

The Lake of the Ozarks is awesome, just over an hour from here. Depending on the time of year and which part of the lake you're at it can get very crowded, lots of partiers.

There are also Truman Lake, lots of people fish there, and then Bull Shoals. It's probably my favorite, my dad's boat is there and it's a great place to ski.

They're all much prettier than those mud holes you Oklahoman's call lakes!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:45 PM

Quote:

The Lake of the Ozarks is awesome, just over an hour from here. Depending on the time of year and which part of the lake you're at it can get very crowded, lots of partiers.

There are also Truman Lake, lots of people fish there, and then Bull Shoals. It's probably my favorite, my dad's boat is there and it's a great place to ski.

They're all much prettier than those mud holes you Oklahoman's call lakes!

Easy there, cowgirl! At least our mudholes are red! That's pretty, right? I've only been to the little lakes around here and am not impressed. Lake of the Ozarks is a great place, but a long pull for the boat owners....I'm not one. I may getting in touch with you for some more information, though the closer we get to June. Thanks.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:48 PM

Hi Pup,

Yep,,,It's about time to tank up the horse. I 'll have a shot of red-eye with the beer chaser,,,thank you.

Maria, where in ole Mex are ya headed????

We're headed for Arizona next month. Gonna do a circle drive from San Diego to Tombstone, to Sedona and Flagstaff (Grand Canyon), to Las Vegas,and back to San Diego.... I can't wait.

Have fun.....and don't catch too many fish????

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:54 PM

Clint...
We are going to Playa del Carmen. The national park of Xcaret (with cool underground rivers you can boat through) is right there and it's about 20 minutes to Cozumel...

Well, I am leaving Cleabatsu's for a while and going to a real bar for lunch with the gang... I'll check in later after I've had a few.
I am not working today!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:55 PM

It's strange that the conversation here is on fishing, and the loan file I'm in the middle of reviewing is for a "Worm Farm".

Did you know that 1,000 breeder worms will produce 8,000-25,000 additional worms in 3 months? You do now!

Jeremy, I need a Mich Ultra! This file is just too much for a Friday...

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:57 PM

Wow Jen, I had no idea worms were so prolific...

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 04:59 PM

Neither did I Maria, neither did I.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:08 PM

Maybe I should become a worm farmer.....sounds very "productive". Clint, you're set up and you're horse is on his way to being tanked. JLJ, I'm having one with ya!
Posted By: Angel Eyes

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:17 PM

Ok I brought the Cheesecurds. Some fresh and some ready for the deepfryer. I also picked up some brats for lunch!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:22 PM

One more request.....you wouldn't happen to have a pasty or two on you, would you? Man it's been awhile! And, I'm getting very hungry. The closest thing to the deep-fried cheesecurds around here is at Sonic...cheddarbites. I haven't had a pasty (good or bad) since 5th grade!!

ps-5th grade was awhile ago.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:23 PM

What's a pasty?
Posted By: DawgFan

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:24 PM

Okay, fishermen and women, enlighten me. Isn't walleye a particularly difficult fish to catch? Why?
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:39 PM

Quote:

Well, if I see a postmark from either Indiana (Right, Dan?) or Wyoming, I 'll just put it in the fridge...

By the time you got it, it'd be too late to put it in the fridge!

Hey, I don't have any catfish, but I here's about 80 or 90 bluegill fillets I'll leave for your enjoyment. Be careful with the 15 or 20 off to the side. Their coating had Louisiana Hot Sauce added to kick em up a notch.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:43 PM

Here's my unofficial answer. They are bottom feeders. That is why a lot of people pull spinners on harnesses. In English, it is a rig with hooks, usually two, includes some sort of shiny blade and beads and has a weight (bottom bouncer) attached. Usually you either bait the hooks with worms, leeches or minnows. You can also catch them on crankbaits or jigs but have to know the spots that they are feeding. They like water that's not too warm and usually a breeze to create a little chop in the water is good "Walleye Chop". Usually you can catch them in 16-20 feet of water but I have caught some in 40 feet. When they are caught deep you have to be careful as they can die quickly. They get something like the bends and you have to fizz them to keep them alive. That can be explained in the next lesson, if anyone cares.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 05:56 PM

What's a pasty? It is a flaky crust meat and potato pie.....for a simplistic explanation. If Jennifer pops back in, I'm sure she can explain for fully. I think it's a Norwegian thing, but I'm not sure. I remember some school fundraiser was selling frozen pasties.....Mmmmmmmmm, pasties!

As for the fishing liesson.....I'm not a real fisherman. I hang out and wait until fishing is done, then I waterski, etc. Thanks, WW, for the lesson and the filets....They cookin' as we speak.
Posted By: Bartman

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 06:12 PM

Quote:

What's a pasty? It is a flaky crust meat and potato pie.....for a simplistic explanation. If Jennifer pops back in, I'm sure she can explain for fully. I think it's a Norwegian thing, but I'm not sure.

As I understand it, pasties are Cornish. In the States, it's traditional Mich. Upper Peninsula miner food. There's a restaurant in Mackinaw City that makes really good ones, but I can't remember the name...
Posted By: Beagles22

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 06:19 PM

A pasty is a very thin almost pie crust that you roll out and fill with meat, potatoes, and assorted veggies and spices (to your liking) which you fold over and roll the edges up poke holes in the top. Then you bake it to perfection and they are wonderful! The best ones are made in upper Michigan near Escanaba.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 06:22 PM

Bartman is correct, they were originally Cornish, and they adapted well for the miners here who would bring them for lunch.

Oh, and Dan... Peeeee-Yu! I might just refuse the mail...
Posted By: EllenA

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 06:25 PM

I alway read about patsies in my "The Cat Who" books.

The first quarter has been way to tough for me -- I need an extra dry martini.

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 07:00 PM

Two hours, 10 minutes and counting.

So, here we are at the local watering hole, having lunch and a few cocktails and the CEO & Sr VP come waltzing in. They sat right at the next table... We had to stop talking about them and everything!
Posted By: Dan Persfull

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 07:23 PM

Just popped in to see how the blue gill are coming along, but see where Fraud Pup still has them deep frying, hope everyone enjoys.

Quote:

Oh, and Dan... Peeeee-Yu! I might just refuse the mail...

After all your remarks about WW's and my dead fish, you don't really expect me to send you fresh ones do you? (BTW, I'm still looking for your CEO's address. )
Posted By: Bartman

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 07:35 PM

Quote:

There's a restaurant in Mackinaw City that makes really good ones, but I can't remember the name...

Found it! Mackinaw Pastie & Cookie Co.
Posted By: waldensouth

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 07:38 PM

Maria, we expect pictures when you return from Mexico! Oh, and could you bring me some Kahlua?

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 08:00 PM

Sure Lou, I'll bring you some Kahlua...if there is any left...

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 08:01 PM

Me too Maria, or maybe some rum???

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 08:07 PM

I'll bring back virtual bottles for everyone!

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 09:12 PM

Have Fun,,,,Little Devil!!!!

We'll be waiting for the pictures.

See Ya,,,,,

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 09:23 PM

Maria, enjoy! I was in Cozumel about 8 years ago, the snorkeling is terrific.
Posted By: trinna

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 09:29 PM

Have a great time, Maria! No virtual drinks there, have the real thing and celebrate that promotion!

As for me, a Cosmo please!
Posted By: deppfan

Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here - 04/02/04 09:41 PM

Okay, I've resisted all day, trying to shovel off my desk...but I think I need an Amaretto Sour, heavy on the Amaretto please! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.